“Red light - green light” will the ships sail if....

Snowwhyt

I feel the Magic with every visit ❤️
So there’s the whole red, yellow, green chart which is applicable during non-passenger sailing times. But with the government not backing the CDC, is that all gone? Will there be some sort of waiting time after the ship comes back with Covid?

I understand that they’re going to do a deep cleaning between each sailing which will protect us, but if the wedding party start showing symptoms the second morning after departure and we’re looking at 8 - 10 infected people, then what are the plans for the following cruise? What are the plans for employees that had been exposed to those from the wedding party (room host, dinner servers especially since the infected would not have worn masks for at least four meals.)

rhetorical questions follow :
Will I be using the same pillow as the guy who left with Covid last week or is my room going to be changed last minute?
Will I missed the information about my cruise being canceled while I am on my flight to MCO? ( Bet I would find out here first anyway because you guy’s are the best!)

This post is not meant to be an argument. I’m just trying to understand the red yellow green chart and if it still applies.
If it doesn’t apply, does each sailing continue like there was never Covid on it the day before? If I lived in Florida this would be less of a big deal for me. But I live slightly below those friendly Canadians and flight schedules can be a bit tricky for us. And I’ve been caught in Orlando where, “not one room was available in ANY town nearby” and I slept on a cot in the hotel conference room(original room prepaid to Disney but gone because of flight delays)

I'm not sure the color code thing has to do with the second part of your post or with cleaning and guests. I think it has to do with crews being able to come ashore and use commercial flights. Hopefully that silliness will be gone in a little over 6 hours. That was ridiculous stranding the crews at sea for months over a color code when in reality, being isolated out at sea, they were prolly in the safest place on the planet and the safest people on the planet. The color code just help perpetuate fear of cruising, help justify the cruise ban and inaccurately swayed public opinion in associating cruising with Covid. They can put it in the same place they put the color code terrorist threat level thing after 9/11.

The reality is we do not know yet. Anything else is just conjecture and likely to start an argument... no one has sailed from the US yet with these color codes in place nor do we even know if they'll be in use at all once sailing resumes. I recommend we wait for the press releases on how this will work.

The reality is we do not know yet. Anything else is just conjecture and likely to start an argument... no one has sailed from the US yet with these color codes in place nor do we even know if they'll be in use at all once sailing resumes. I recommend we wait for the press releases on how this will work.
I guess that was a better way of stating what I’m looking for from the color code system. What would happen for the current/next sail date with a crew break out now that passengers will be added to the mix. Looking at the old color codes, it looks like shutdown for US but not that way with Europe’s sailings. I’m just trying to understand the models out there. Then of course lawmakers are doing stuff in Florida, and CLIA has a plan. I would love to see a church comparing these four plans in a nice comparison chart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter