“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

:welcome:Thank you for joining in. We always fly out early as well so if we have to get to Minneapolis it is a 3am wake up for sure. We could use some better fast food places here for sure!

:welcome: Thank you for joining in. Andi and I have been going to WDW together since she was 9! I have some awesome memories of our trips together. We started going once a year and increased to 2-4x a year, lol!

:welcome:Hi Meghan, glad to see you joining in, hope your trip was awesome! :thanks: For the good vibes for Andi, I keep thinking she is upstairs in her room and will be down any minute:sad:

Hi Ariane, :welcome:, glad to see you joining in:flower1:

:welcome:Thanks for joining in, I am tired writing about it:faint:

Hi Raeven, :welcome: glad to have you joining in :flower1:

Just booked another trip for this Christmas. Plus i got one booked for next August. I have definitely been bitten by the disney bug! I hear Christmas is insanely crowded but oh well...still better than home I say! If you have been is the christmas party worth the $?

Just booked another trip for this Christmas. Plus i got one booked for next August. I have definitely been bitten by the disney bug! I hear Christmas is insanely crowded but oh well...still better than home I say! If you have been is the christmas party worth the $?
We have been to the MVMCP 3x, it is really fun, if it is in your budget I would recommend it. 2 of our 3 parties one of us was sick so that was a bummer! We were at WDW over Thanksgiving in 2017 and it was not to bad crowd wise.
We are going in August 2019 as well, yay!!
Here we are at the MVMCP in 2017
IMG_Sep152018at62211PM.jpg

Your DAH night looked so fun! They never seem to offer it when I'm there. I would gladly skip MNSSHP to attend, but whatever :sad2:

We love Homecomin'! Cant wait to eat there again next month!
It was really fun, much less crowded than our MNSSHP! Ours was really crowded, last year when we did the MNSSHP it was so dead! That party was my favorite! Maybe the DAH will get added to one of your trips, never know with Disney!

img_sep132018at82444am-jpg.350641

random observation, but I'm happy to see the colorful handles on the mug...my last couple have had plain white handles!

The new bus times on the MDE was such a plus to us this trip.

I always eyeball those coasters, but oh my gosh i LOVE that mug in the top left of the photo!!

Funny thing, I am not a big fried chicken fan and this trip report could be called how many fried chicken sandwiches can Caroline eat.:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Um, I am not a fan of ham, but that looks so good. I'd have happily tried a bite of that. Yum!

For those of you reading along about our epic Dis meet trip in May, that trip will have me trying some much reviewed alcohol drinks!!

Crossing fingers I end up with a solo trip for those dates and get a chance to say hi!!

This trip was to celebrate several bittersweet things, such as, Andi is heading off to college on 9/1/18:sad:. This is a new chapter in her life and it is a new chapter in our lives (empy nest parents now).
My oldest just started university too, but it's in the same city and she's still living at home, so not too much change. I can only imagine how hard the change would be if she moved away!

Travel day started at an ungodly hour of 3am, yuck I know.
Yep, I am all too familiar with that. But I guess Disney is worth it!

We found our room and the door opened with our magic band! I took a few pictures of the room.
upload_2018-8-27_19-26-38-jpeg.346615
I have never stayed at WL but I would love to. My wife is not a fan, she thinks it would be too woodsy :sad2:

We were exhausted so we wanted to take a rest and oh my it was so loud in our room. We were directly above the WCC restaurant. We could hear clapping and whooping like it was right next to us. The noise from the large open lobby was also very noticeable! I don’t like to complain and have never requested a different room but I knew this was going to drive me crazy. Even Andi, who never cares about the room, didn’t like the noise.
Wow, I did not even realize this could be an issue. Well, if I ever make it to WL, I will have to keep that in mind.

The manager was so nice, she asked if we would be okay with moving to a different deluxe resort and then she says how about GF at no additional cost! I said yes that would be wonderful.
Nice to hear it got resolved. And nothing wrong with a stay at GF!

We went on Dumbo and the fireworks were starting, it was really fun to see the fireworks while flying on Dumbo.
Nice! We caught the fireworks from behind the carousel. It's a really different perspective and a nice change.

We did the PM and Space was down! I took a few pictures with the lights on, mass of steel.
I have never lucked into doing the PM while Space has the lights on, but I am always fascinated to see the pictures!

random observation, but I'm happy to see the colorful handles on the mug...my last couple have had plain white handles!
Ha funny thing is this is an older mug, the new ones still have the ugly white handle. I’m not a fan either!

I always eyeball those coasters, but oh my gosh i LOVE that mug in the top left of the photo!!
The mug was so cute, I really noticed many new items with the Hitchhiking ghosts this trip!

Um, I am not a fan of ham, but that looks so good. I'd have happily tried a bite of that. Yum!
These were so good, I wish they would do a sampler appetizer with a different items because one of the biscuits is plenty and just a 1/2!! Ham is my favorite, I would rather have ham even for Thanksgiving :rotfl:

Crossing fingers I end up with a solo trip for those dates and get a chance to say hi!!
Fingers crossed! Would be so fun to meet, reading your reports makes me believe you are a fun and funny person to hang with!

Ooh! Maybe....just maybe...we'll have better luck with another Dismeet next year then. :) Nothing's decided yet, but Nathan and I are toying with another August trip since I should be finished my summer internship by the end of July... *fingers crossed*

Yes, fingers crossed, this would be so fun! I hope it works for you two so you can have another anniversary at WDW!
Our tentative dates are 8/17-8/26. Hoping to stay at Poly or CR with a most magical deal!!

Yes, fingers crossed, this would be so fun! I hope it works for you two so you can have another anniversary at WDW!
Our tentative dates are 8/17-8/26. Hoping to stay at Poly or CR with a most magical deal!!

Ooh, that would be wonderful! I've still never stayed at CR and would like to someday. That walk to MK is such a huge perk. Nathan will have work on the weekends for most of August next year, but I'm thinking of going down alone for about week mid-to-late August, letting him stay home and work, and then having him come join me for one more week, and then going home around Labour Day. I've never done Food and Wine, and we'd probably catch the beginning of it that way. And then it would make sense to stay at BC or YC (new for us!) if we can get that same magical deal you've got in mind. :hyper:

My oldest just started university too, but it's in the same city and she's still living at home, so not too much change. I can only imagine how hard the change would be if she moved away!
It is hard. We talk or text a little each day so that helps, much is Disney related:jumping3:

I have never stayed at WL but I would love to. My wife is not a fan, she thinks it would be too woodsy :sad2:
So funny to hear that, Andi was the same way and I convinced her to try it out and then it was a let down with all the noise. We live in a rural setting and our home is a post and beam home with a lot of wood so I think that is why Andi never wanted to stay here!

Wow, I did not even realize this could be an issue. Well, if I ever make it to WL, I will have to keep that in mind.
Yes, it was like we were in the restaurant with front row seats of all the antics. If we ever try again to stay here, I will request woods view and pay extra. I think the only standard rooms are facing the restaurant and the open lobby now!

Nice to hear it got resolved. And nothing wrong with a stay at GF!
Yes even though it took 2.5 hours, ugh! We have stayed at GF once before and I think it is my favorite along with the Poly!!

Nice! We caught the fireworks from behind the carousel. It's a really different perspective and a nice change.
pixiedust: So fun!

I have never lucked into doing the PM while Space has the lights on, but I am always fascinated to see the pictures!
It amazes me, all the steel! We have been able to catch it with the lights on several times now!

Jumping in and following along. I always enjoy your reports.

Also a MN friend and wondering where you grab shuttles to the airport? We always have to drive to MSP and park. I would love to find other options.

Jumping in and following along. I always enjoy your reports.

Also a MN friend and wondering where you grab shuttles to the airport? We always have to drive to MSP and park. I would love to find other options.
:welcome:Fellow Minnesotan, yay!! We live in Duluth and take skyline shuttle. It is very convenient and the cost is reasonable. I’m not sure what part of MN you live in, skyline is local to Duluth. The shuttle makes like 14 trips a day to MSP. It drops us off right at the airport. I like to start my hassle free trip right from the start. I love not having to drive for the whole time I’m on vacation. I like having a driver. :drive:Thanks for joining in!

Exciting that you have a trip planned for August 2019!! Did you book a bounceback offer or are you hoping something else will pop up? I'm tentatively planning out what dates might work for me next year for Disney and Disneyland! I think after December I want to put some time between my next trip so I can miss Disney a little! I'm thinking Disney 9/10-9/16 and Disneyland/LA 11/14-11-19. Now to just get DH to approve! haha or just book it and not tell him :rotfl:

Exciting that you have a trip planned for August 2019!! Did you book a bounceback offer or are you hoping something else will pop up? I'm tentatively planning out what dates might work for me next year for Disney and Disneyland! I think after December I want to put some time between my next trip so I can miss Disney a little! I'm thinking Disney 9/10-9/16 and Disneyland/LA 11/14-11-19. Now to just get DH to approve! haha or just book it and not tell him :rotfl:
We use a certain TA which has an awesome end of summer/Labor Day deal. We can’t discuss it on here. I can give you the info and my TA if you are interested. I can message you! The prices can’t be beat. You can get a Deluxe for the price of a moderate! I think your dates are in the time frame. Let me know! I usually always book then tell Hubby later, haha!

Yay I saw on the FB page that your at Beach CLub. I'm jealous but so happy we'll get to meet. I can't wait for May.
Yes I am really excited, the Epcot resorts are so convenient especially with F&G going on! I can’t wait to meet, you sound like a hoot!:rotfl::dancer:

I didn’t realize how much food these 2 appetizers would be and most of all how many biscuits! I should have ordered something different so we could have shared something else besides biscuits.:scratchin
Homecomin' was very good (tiny spoiler for my trip report!) but wow, it was so much food. My family ordered a full entree each and we could have easily had only 2 or maybe 3 entrees. We took some back to the hotel but sadly were never hungry enough to eat it again

I love the GF! Great trip report so far...
:welcome:Thanks for joining in! I agree, the GF is awesome! I can’t quite decide if it is my favorite or if the Poly is. I love both of them! Stay tuned for more Trip details coming up soon!

Homecomin' was very good (tiny spoiler for my trip report!) but wow, it was so much food. My family ordered a full entree each and we could have easily had only 2 or maybe 3 entrees. We took some back to the hotel but sadly were never hungry enough to eat it again
I agree! This was our first time there. Food was in abundance! We like you, sadly never did eat our leftover biscuits either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter