“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

It won't post my quotes :sad:

You were troopers at After Hours, if it was me there would be a Weekend at Bernie's situation with me propped up and being carried :rotfl: I hope there's one the first week of May though, I'll make the effort to stay up late.

I love the lantern pictures so much!
Quoting is a struggle at times on here! Yuck.
I felt like Bernie, haha! Towards the end I was just going through the motions. I would definitely do this again if available during our next trip. It always lands on our first day so far!
Thank you, the lantern shoot was fun and I’m glad the pictures were decent!

I want to do DAH so bad but so far it hasn't been offered during our trips :( Despite being tied you guys look like you really had fun!

I'm so bummed you didn't have a great experience at WL, as you know it's my favorite resort! But, we've never been that close to WCC and I can see how the noise would be annoying. Glad Disney did right by you and you were happy with your move :goodvibes
I think DAH is so worth it if it fits into a trip! The drinks and treats can add up quickly to at least 1/2 the cost of two AP tickets. I would like to be well rested for the next one, haha!
We were so excited to stay at WL and I was shocked how loud it was in the room, wow! It was like we were sitting in the restaurant. I was willing to pay or do anything to get a different room or resort. Disney was great to change our accommodations and I was shocked we were able to stay the whole trip since we had two separate reservations and no extra charge! What a relief. I sure hope you have a wonderful trip and the hurricane doesn’t screw up your travel day!!

Hello Everyone! Time to add another update to our trip report!

First of all I forgot to put food totals on Day 1, I will add this at the end of Day 2. I like to keep our food budget around $100.00 a day. We are able to do this for the most part, it works for us because we do not get alcohol, we split meals at times, and have smaller appetites. I just like to show it can be done for some, we always eat what we want.

Day 2, Part 1 “That is a lot of biscuits”
Plans for today include DS and AK!

We had a leisurely morning, I actually slept in until almost 9am:woohoo: I brought a mug from one of our last trips and went to Gasparilla Grill to fill it with coffee and buy a cream cheese danish. They didn’t offer the traditional one, this was like a croissant type, still yummy! This was my go to breakfast most mornings. The QS was so close to our building, such a plus!
IMG_Sep132018at82444AM.jpg

We took some time to organize our room and put some clothes in the closet and toiletries in the bathroom. The room has a nice big closet and the counter in the bathroom is big, however, still not enough room for all my things. I used the hamper top for my daily things. We didn’t put towels in that so it worked for us. I was a tad disappointed the GF doesn’t offer regular turn down service anymore:sad:, you have to call and request it. This was automatic in 2016, when we stayed here, and I loved it. We came home every night to the beds turned down, chocolate on the pillow, and the wonderful WDW info channel playing the familiar music, it was so nice! Unfortunately, this is another cut at the WDW resorts.

The key on our MDE app to open the door never worked for us at GF, it did work at WL. The new bus times on the MDE was such a plus to us this trip. The bus depot was literally 2 minutes from our building. A simple check on the phone, for the bus arrival, and we would head out the door and almost every time walk right onto a bus!

We were heading to DS around 11:00am, it was sunny and hot! DS was not real busy, always a plus. We hit some of our faves, Sephora, Uniqlo, WOD, Cherry Lane, Trend D, Basin, and The Christmas shop. WOD is still under construction, it was better than last time, still confining for so many shoppers.:sad1:
IMG_Sep132018at82311AM.jpg IMG_Sep132018at83035AM.jpg IMG_Sep132018at83956AM.jpg
The puffy ears and MU spirit jersey intrigue me! Didn’t buy but really like!
IMG_Sep132018at84125AM.jpg
I want these coasters!
IMG_Sep132018at84026AM.jpg
Loved this wreath in the Christmas shop.

It was about 1 hour before our ADR at Homecomin and we were hungry, so we headed over and it was no problem to be seated ahead of time in the porch area. Today was Sunday and Homecomin had the brunch menu until 2pm. I was torn on what to order, many yummy choices! Here is where I made a critical error, haha! I decided on the Ham and Jam Biscuits from the appetizer menu and Andi ordered the Thigh-High Chicken Biscuits. We also shared a basket of French fries. I didn’t realize how much food these 2 appetizers would be and most of all how many biscuits! I should have ordered something different so we could have shared something else besides biscuits.:scratchin Duh! My ham biscuits were delicious, however, I only ate one and there were 3! Andi’s were also delicious but again way to much food for us! The fries were fresh and tasty. The ham with The pimento spread, Tasso ham and blackberry jam tasted wonderful. I get why this is an appetizer, need to share it! My suggestions if you like this flavor profile order with the intent to share with your dinner mates! Andi doesn’t like ham and wouldn’t even try it. The biscuits were flaky, soft, and so good. You can tell biscuit making is their thing here!! I tried Andi’s chicken biscuits and oh my, delicious! The chicken was moist and flavorful. Funny thing, I am not a big fried chicken fan and this trip report could be called how many fried chicken sandwiches can Caroline eat.:rotfl:Stay tuned to find out, this is the 2nd already in 2 days and I don’t think I had eaten a fried chicken anything since our April trip!
IMG_Sep132018at83847AM.jpg IMG_Sep132018at83749AM.jpg IMG_Sep132018at83819AM.jpg IMG_Sep132018at83919AM.jpg

Our service was very good, he filled our water frequently and did not give us the side eyeo_O for just ordering appetizers and drinking just water. Sad but true, we do get the side eye from wait staff especially when they realize I won’t be ordering alcohol and we will be sharing, oh well!! For those of you reading along about our epic Dis meet trip in May, that trip will have me trying some much reviewed alcohol drinks!! I don’t enjoy drinking by myself so I rarely get an adult beverage on my trips with Andi. That will be different in May and in March, when my sister will be joining us!:drinking1

We were full and had a to go box full of biscuits. We were back to the Grand around 2pm to lounge a little before heading to AK for the evening!

Stay tuned for Day 2, Part 2, “ Pandora in the rain”

Oh the merch...those coasters! That wreath! I want it all.

Not to mention, those biscuits look amazing. I'll be right back, I'm just gonna fly down to DS to pick up some biscuits.. (Yeah right, I wouldn't come back)

We had a leisurely morning, I actually slept in until almost 9am:woohoo: I brought a mug from one of our last trips and went to Gasparilla Grill to fill it with coffee and buy a cream cheese danish. They didn’t offer the traditional one, this was like a croissant type, still yummy! This was my go to breakfast most mornings. The QS was so close to our building, such a plus!
Why have I not thought about the fact that I could use an old mug for coffee?!? It's only the soda machines that it "reads" the chip! Duh!!!!

We came home every night to the beds turned down, chocolate on the pillow, and the wonderful WDW info channel playing the familiar music, it was so nice! Unfortunately, this is another cut at the WDW resorts.

img_sep132018at83819am-jpg.350638
img_sep132018at83919am-jpg.350636
These look AMAZING!!!!!

The new bus times on the MDE was such a plus to us this trip. The bus depot was literally 2 minutes from our building. A simple check on the phone, for the bus arrival, and we would head out the door and almost every time walk right onto a bus!

How convenient is this!? Such a great feature.

Your biscuits looked amazing! But I know what you mean about the side-eye from servers. I always feel self-conscious when we don't order a lot at a restaurant because of this.

The new bus times on the MDE was such a plus to us this trip.
What I didn't know this when did it become available? Sounds like a great idea.

The key on our MDE app to open the door never worked for us at GF, it did work at WL
This is also something new I didn't know about.
For those of you reading along about our epic Dis meet trip in May, that trip will have me trying some much reviewed alcohol drinks!!
Yay I look forward to enjoying one or two with ya.

Hi Caroline!!!! I'm sure we will be consuming quite a bit of alcohol on our Epic Girl's trip...8-)

You and Andi visited all my fav shops in DS: Basin, Uniqlo, Christmas Shoppe etc...

I need to try me them chicken biscuits next time we are at Homecomin'. They look delicious!!!!!!

So I need to see if those biscuits are on the regular menu or just the Sunday Brunch menu, as I may NEED to have some of those. :rolleyes1

I don't think I saw any of that merch there when I was there! They must have brought so many new things in! This is not good for my wallet on my next trips! haha I was hoping to keep my souvenir spending minimal, I guess that won't be the case!

I'm also hoping I can snag a reservation for Homecomin in December! Right now I have Terralina booked but I really want to try Homecomin!

Last edited:
Oh the merch...those coasters! That wreath! I want it all.

Not to mention, those biscuits look amazing. I'll be right back, I'm just gonna fly down to DS to pick up some biscuits.. (Yeah right, I wouldn't come back)
I agree, love all the merchandise it never gets old to shop around!
The biscuits were so good. I wish I had them now!

Wow those biscuits look delicious! Sounds like a great afternoon at Disney Springs!
It was a nice way to spend this afternoon especially after our busy, hectic first day! The biscuits were so yummy!
These look amazing!!
The biscuits were so good, just way to much!
How convenient is this!? Such a great feature.

Your biscuits looked amazing! But I know what you mean about the side-eye from servers. I always feel self-conscious when we don't order a lot at a restaurant because of this.
Loved the bus app this trip, so nice. Best biscuits I have had, just way to much! The waiter was super nice and nonjudgmental haha!

How amazing! This is my dream resort ♡.
GF was so wonderful, very relaxing to return to each day!

Those biscuits... :cloud9:
Wholly Biscuits right! They were delicious

Just jumping in to save my place...I'll have to come back later to catch up on reading!
:welcome:Thanks for joining in!

Hi Caroline!!!! I'm sure we will be consuming quite a bit of alcohol on our Epic Girl's trip...8-)

You and Andi visited all my fav shops in DS: Basin, Uniqlo, Christmas Shoppe etc...

I need to try me them chicken biscuits next time we are at Homecomin'. They look delicious!!!!!!
I am looking forward to some fun drinks and different experiences! We do enjoy DS, so many fun stores and the restaurants, yummy!

So I need to see if those biscuits are on the regular menu or just the Sunday Brunch menu, as I may NEED to have some of those. :rolleyes1
Rest assured those awesome biscuits are on the regular menu, hopefully not going anywhere!!
I don't think I saw any of that merch there when I was there! They must have brought so many new things in! This is not good for my wallet on my next trips! haha I was hoping to keep my souvenir spending minimal, I guess that won't be the case!

I'm also hoping I can snag a reservation for Homecomin in December! Right now I have Terralina booked but I really want to try Homecomin!
I am always surprised how much new merchandise is at Disney even 4 months later it changes!
Homecomin was really good, I wish I could have some of those biscuits right now!

Oh no, I am seven pages late!!! :sad:

You do such a good job with your reports, I can't wait to catch up!!!
:welcome:Melinda, glad to have you joining in! Catch up anytime, I look forward to it. I wish we could have met up. Hopefully in May:flower:

What I didn't know this when did it become available? Sounds like a great idea.

This is also something new I didn't know about.
Yay I look forward to enjoying one or two with ya.
The bus times on the MDE started a few months ago, really helpful especially with our location, so easy to use and pretty darn accurate.
The digital key is in MDE now you just have to hold your phone over the Mickey on the door and it is suppose to open. Ours didn’t work at GF.
I am looking forward to May, so fun!

Why have I not thought about the fact that I could use an old mug for coffee?!? It's only the soda machines that it "reads" the chip! Duh!!!!
Yes! I do this most trips and I get my coffee in the mug and use it for water as well! We only have about 20 of them, haha!

The biscuits were so delicious worth trying, the ham was very plentiful and tasty!

Your DAH night looked so fun! They never seem to offer it when I'm there. I would gladly skip MNSSHP to attend, but whatever :sad2:

We love Homecomin'! Cant wait to eat there again next month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter