“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

That is a big pile of business :rotfl2:

Tour sounds really cool! We've never done more than look around the barn. I do love Trails End breakfast!

I can’t believe I use to put 5 Christmas trees up and a full village! Way to much work now, lol! I got my large tree up in the living room and my Disney tree up in the family room and I am calling it good!
I used to do 3, then 2, now this year I reduced my 2nd tree from a 6ft to a 4ft because WHO HAS THE TIME????? Except @xlsm I guess :D and Steve is as we speak building another level onto my Xmas Village display table. I love having that up I just don't love the time it takes to PUT it up..................

Breaking news, haha, I have been toying with a trip the end of March for Andi and I. I have the vacation, and she has spring break, so it is hard not to head down to Florida:thumbsup2
Oh really lol!

I want to stay at RPR for the express pass since it will be busy. It is expensive and I just can’t pull the trigger yet. The flights are also high. I could get Andi’s flight free on Delta and this would help except my flight would still be over $500.00!
That's expensive for flights! But spring break is tough. So often I can get great prices for clients for different destinations and then once you add air it's ridiculous especially depending on the time of year. I hope they go down!

Wow, this is awesome! I think Disney should take a hint :laughing:
Right?? And the buy 2 days get 2 days free tickets are only slightly less than getting that AP!

I like your plans for a March trip. We’re debating doing universal for a few days in August but the cost seemed overwhelming. We could possibly combine it with a value stay at Disney. I would want to get the express pass at universal so I’d want to stay at the nicer resorts there.
:wave2: Just an FYI; if you're considering LATE August, the EP isn't as critical as other times of year since crowds go down. Don't get me wrong is always nice to have and Universal's deluxe resorts are awesome, but if it helps price-wise to stay somewhere like Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls, not having EP won't make the trip crappy IF it's later in Aug. You can also add the EP once down there if you stay at a non-deluxe resort and then decide you want it :goodvibes

That is a big pile of business :rotfl2:

Tour sounds really cool! We've never done more than look around the barn. I do love Trails End breakfast!
Haha! The tour was fun and interesting, Ilove behind the scenes info, especially since we go so much!

I used to do 3, then 2, now this year I reduced my 2nd tree from a 6ft to a 4ft because WHO HAS THE TIME????? Except @xlsm I guess :D and Steve is as we speak building
I agree! I don’t have any help putting it all up anymore! Joe will bring it up for me from the basement and that is where his decorating skills end, lol! When Jack was little, Joe would tell him that Santa’s elves and other little people lived in my village. Jack would stare for “hours” trying to get a glimpse of an elf, haha! So many fun memories!

That's expensive for flights! But spring break is tough. So often I can get great prices for clients for different destinations and then once you add air it's ridiculous especially depending on the time of year. I hope they go down!
I know! The airfare and USO would cost more than staying at AKL for the whole time, I have had luck with the flights going down some at the beginning of January so I am hoping that is the case! I may just get the tickets for USO and try to do the parks w/o EP.

Joe has a love for a nice bold red wine with good legs, he loves to collect them! Reds are my favorite as well.
Joe sounds like my kinda guy!

img_dec62018at64956am-jpg.368608
Love this picture!

Our server was Ken, he was really good. He had a blue legacy name tag and I can see why. He was engaging and attentive in just the right way. He wasn’t intrusive at all but made you feel quite special. A great asset and hard to do.
The best kind of server! Sadly they are few and far between but glad to hear you had such a good experience.

I tried some savory food next, the pulled pork benedict (in buffet picture) was very good and a unique combination.
We haven't done trails end in forever but this is the singular item I remember above all others. So good!

Free???? Are you sure you're at Disney?

At the end of the tour, we were able to meet Lance, up and close! He is also a horse for the headless horseman! We were able to get a picture of him. Of course he had to do his business, lol! :blush:
img_dec62018at93245am-jpg.368651
The barn tour sounds like a lot of fun. Lance is certainly a beautiful horse. Though dying at how he "spiced" the picture up for you. Maybe he thought your trip report was called Please Don't Poop on My Disney Bubble :P

When Jack was little, Joe would tell him that Santa’s elves and other little people lived in my village. Jack would stare for “hours” trying to get a glimpse of an elf, haha! So many fun memories!
OMG that is just precious :love: Something you'll have to tell his future wife!

I mention the Visa because there are only a few that offer the Visa discount. I personally think there should be more!
This is awesome! I've had a Disney Visa forever and never think to inquire about other perks... beyond the Epcot character photo opp :laughing: Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

Horses have always been a very important part of Disney World and Disneyland.

They are groomed and given clean, cool surroundings all the time.
To be a horse at Disney... now that's hitting the jackpot :rotfl:

What a great morning! And what a serendipitous occasion to get to go on that tour... goes to show there's always something at Disney that's new to experience... even to people like us who go so frequently :goodvibes

The best kind of server! Sadly they are few and far between but glad to hear you had such a good experience.
This is so true, usually at Disney we get the rushed and frazzled server!

We haven't done trails end in forever but this is the singular item I remember above all others. So good!
The shredded pork benedict is so good!

Free???? Are you sure you're at Disney?
Haha, I was surprised!

The barn tour sounds like a lot of fun. Lance is certainly a beautiful horse. Though dying at how he "spiced" the picture up for you. Maybe he thought your trip report was called Please Don't Poop on My Disney Bubble
The tour was interesting, and may I hire you to come up with my TR titles? You are good!!

This is awesome! I've had a Disney Visa forever and never think to inquire about other perks... beyond the Epcot character photo opp :laughing: Thanks for the tip!
You are welcome, there are very few restaurants that give a Disney Visa discount. It would be nice if there were a few more! TE is a good choice to try, food is yummy

To be a horse at Disney... now that's hitting the jackpot :rotfl:

What a great morning! And what a serendipitous occasion to get to go on that tour... goes to show there's always something at Disney that's new to experience... even to people like us who go so frequently
I agree!! The horses have it good at Disney! I really like more behind the scenes info now that I am a seasoned visitor! I find it so interesting how so many different areas work seamlessly with the Disney philosophy!

We decided to head into Tomorrow Land and get in line for Lotso
Who is Lotso and why does he smell so good?

we were back to the GF at about 12:30am so not bad! The real feel temp was still 90 at this hour!
Wow that is hot.

When you live in a winter wonderland for 4-5 months I don’t feel bad leaving my snowmen up until the end of January!
Lol I've put up 2 tree's for many years and started a 3'rd one this year. Our North Woods tree in the basement I kept up until April one year. We love all of our ornaments and enjoy seeing them for the short time of year their out.

Here are a some pictures! @kastoney check out my wines! LoL, perks of a husband, who works for a liquor company!
I'm jealous

We noticed at the barn entrance, a sign, stating Barn Tour today at 12:30
This would not normally interest me but sounds like it would be every interesting.

I really like more behind the scenes info now that I am a seasoned visitor! I find it so interesting how so many different areas work seamlessly with the Disney philosophy!
Yes! I am, too. I had planned to do KTTK in May, but then my vertigo hit and I ended up cooped up in the hotel the rest of the trip :faint: Someday! And I'd really like to do Behind the Seeds, too - especially since I LOVE LWTL, as I know you and Andi do too :thumbsup2

Yes! I am, too. I had planned to do KTTK in May, but then my vertigo hit and I ended up cooped up in the hotel the rest of the trip :faint: Someday! And I'd really like to do Behind the Seeds, too - especially since I LOVE LWTL, as I know you and Andi do too :thumbsup2
I sure hope you get to do the KTTK tour, I’m sorry your May trip was not fun, I can see how it puts a damper on going again having the vertigo memories, yuck! I hope that has all resolved, I have patient’s who have had some bad reactions to scopolamine, I wonder if it was that? I think you said you had that on for the trip.

We really want to do the Behind the Seeds tour one of these trips, I have loved all the tours we have tried. I think we will be doing the rhino tour in January, sounds interesting!

Who is Lotso and why does he smell so good?
He is in Toy Story 3 and he smells like strawberries but he is really a mean bear in the movie!

Wow that is hot.
Yes, it never really cooled much even at night

Lol I've put up 2 tree's for many years and started a 3'rd one this year. Our North Woods tree in the basement I kept up until April one year. We love all of our ornaments and enjoy seeing them for the short time of year their out.
Once my house is decorated I love having the trees up, just a lot of work! I use to have a snowman tree and would leave up until February!

I'm jealous
We do get some awesome wines at cost!

This would not normally interest me but sounds like it would be every interesting.
This was something different and I really liked it!

I sure hope you get to do the KTTK tour, I’m sorry your May trip was not fun, I can see how it puts a damper on going again having the vertigo memories, yuck! I hope that has all resolved, I have patient’s who have had some bad reactions to scopolamine, I wonder if it was that? I think you said you had that on for the trip.
I really hope to do that tour someday soon. :goodvibes Thank you, it took a full month to recover completely from the vertigo, but thankfully it hasn't recurred. I am loathe to admit it - because it allowed me to do ALL the rides - but I do think it may have been the scopolamine, even though I went about 4 days with being okay first. :sad2:

We really want to do the Behind the Seeds tour one of these trips, I have loved all the tours we have tried. I think we will be doing the rhino tour in January, sounds interesting!
Yay! I bet the rhino tour will be awesome! :thumbsup2

We did the Behind the Seeds tour over Christmas 2016 and really enjoyed it! My son got a little bored initially in the backstage part because it is a lot of information and facts to start with, but once we walked through the doors marked "on stage" and were waving at people on LWTL, he was VERY excited!! We really enjoyed the whole tour, and the amount of information you learn is well worth the very cheap price tag (by Disney standards!) There is also a coupon for this tour in the back of the Birnbaum official tour books. I hope you get to do it someday!

We did the Behind the Seeds tour over Christmas 2016 and really enjoyed it! My son got a little bored initially in the backstage part because it is a lot of information and facts to start with, but once we walked through the doors marked "on stage" and were waving at people on LWTL, he was VERY excited!! We really enjoyed the whole tour, and the amount of information you learn is well worth the very cheap price tag (by Disney standards!) There is also a coupon for this tour in the back of the Birnbaum official tour books. I hope you get to do it someday!
Thanks Jackie, we both have wanted to do this and for some reason or another we just haven’t got around to it yet.
My son works for the Dept. of Agriculture and I keep telling him to ask for a transfer to Epcot, how cool would that be, he just laughs,:eek: I would love to work in LwtL haha!

Just an FYI; if you're considering LATE August, the EP isn't as critical as other times of year since crowds go down. Don't get me wrong is always nice to have and Universal's deluxe resorts are awesome, but if it helps price-wise to stay somewhere like Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls, not having EP won't make the trip crappy IF it's later in Aug. You can also add the EP once down there if you stay at a non-deluxe resort and then decide you want it :goodvibes

Thanks. That's good to know about late August not having to get the EP. We keep going back and forth about Universal. It's so hard leaving the Disney bubble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!