“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Chick-fil-a...my favorite! (so much that the one by my office, all the team members know my name and my order!)

Wow on the resort situation. I am surprised the WL rooms are not better sound proofed. But hey, GF...nice!

Can't wait to hear about DAH event!
I really enjoyed my chicken biscuit at Chick-fil-a, wish we had them around here or maybe not, lol!
I was also surprised how noisy it was for a Deluxe.

So excited to read about this trip, Caroline!

Mmm I love Chick Fil A. What you got is usually my go to for breakfast, so delicious!

That is unfortunate that your room at WL was so loud. But WOW for being given a room at the GF for the same price!! Your room looks beautiful!
:welcome: Hi Alexis! Thanks for joining in. Yummy. Chicken biscuit. I was really bummed out when we first got to WDW! So glad it turned around for us.

I'm here!!! I'm so excited to read about another one of your adventures! What a rollercoaster of emotions from the word "go" though - but amazing you got to stay at the GF for no extra cost! It pays to speak up, Disney is often so good about accomodating their guests :goodvibes Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2
Hi Tracy, :welcome: Nice to have you joining in. It really was a rollercoaster of emotions! I could have cried, I was so tired and it just wasn’t magical. Disney was very good making things right. I wasn’t expecting the GF so this was nice.
Here to follow along. Looks like our trips overlapped a bit. I was there starting August 16th!

Who would turn down an upgrade to the Grand Floridian? That's amazing. I had a wonderful time at the Contemporary and can't imagine staying anywhere else next time, but there are so many more to try out! Hope you all had an amazing trip! Can't wait to read about it.
:welcome:Thanks for joining in! We may have passed each other on the monorail! We have stayed once at CR but in a garden room, we really liked there. GF was very comfortable and quiet.
Hello, I'm here too :) Great report so far. I'm jealous of the Grand Floridian--you lucked out. Can't wait to read lots more, I so enjoy your posts!!!!
Hi Dana, :welcome:Nice to see you joining in! The GF was a great stay and so close to MK!
Following along. Looking forward to reading about your adventures. My youngest is a junior in college so have a couple of years of empty nesting in . Keeping busy helped me . I text once a day to say goodnight ( of course , there are usually more but always this one ) I have boys so they don’t communicate as much as girls though so you may not have to worry about the calls/ texts.
Glad you got to switch without too much trouble. Hoping the rest of the trip is magical . I would have to move if I had all that noise ! In May , I could hear someone snoring in the room next to me at POFQ. Luckily , just a pillow over my ear worked. That is the only time that has happened so think they were just super loud .
:welcome: Glad to have you joining in!
I told Andi, when I text please answer even if it is a quick Hi! Those kids and their phones, on them all the time! Our son has been at college for 5 years already! He is getting a Master’s Degree and he always texts one or two words ha! He is a young man of few words. Andi texts more. It will be hard to have a quiet house with just hubby and the dogs! The older I get the more noise in hotel rooms really bothers me! I have at times heard people in the room next to us, ugh! Wow the person snoring must have been really loud! We loved our stays at FQ this past year! GF was really great!

I'm in the same boat as you, another empty nester here. My youngest left for college two weeks ago. Such a bittersweet time. Congratulations to Andi and I'm sure she'll love it.

I'm sorry your trip started off not so good as far as the noise but you were definitely pixie dusted with a great hotel. The room looks so beautiful.
:welcome: Thanks for joining in! I am really excited for Andi to start college but it sure will be quiet around here!
Andi even said it was so loud and normally she doesn’t complain at all when at Disney!

Sorry for the noisy start to your trip, but glad you were able to change resorts. The GF looks lovely. My daughter and I are a traveling duo, who is now a traveling trio. She has a son who will be three in a couple of weeks, and we are celebrating at Disney the week before his birthday. Seven days until we leave, woohoo! Of course, this time DH/Dad/PaPa is coming with us. He can't miss seeing Disney thru our grandson's eyes. Look forward to reading about the rest of your trip.
:welcome:Thanks for joining in! How fun for you to be taking your grandson and daughter! Your trip is coming up soon. Have an awesome trip celebrating your grandson’s birthday. I will get my son and hubby back to Disney one of these years! Son loves SW so that may work. GF was a better choice for us, glad we did speak up.

I am here!!! Got home last night after a FABULOUS week at the Poly and am so excited to hear about your adventures! Sorry you had a rocky start but glad it all worked out!
:welcome:Susan, I was just thinking about you and hoping you were having a great trip and you are home now! Glad it was wonderful, we loved the Poly last year. Yes, it started rough but was great after that!

It was so nice of the manager to switch you to the GF. I would have complained too. I can't wait to read more.
:welcome:Thanks for joining in! Yes the noise was awful and the restaurant is open until 10pm so the noise would be all day and evening. I would think they must get a fair amount of complaints from people, the noise was so obvious. The manager at the GF said they are suppose to be changing the antics at WCC because of the noise! I hear it is a fun place to eat but sure is loud!

Some of us never stop tweaking our trips, Andi! Guilty.

You've never had chik fil a before? That makes my heart hurt a little.

What an amazing upgrade! I know you both were so tired and just wanted to rest, but I'm glad the manager took such good care of you and at no additional cost!

Some of us never stop tweaking our trips, Andi! Guilty.

You've never had chik fil a before? That makes my heart hurt a little.

What an amazing upgrade! I know you both were so tired and just wanted to rest, but I'm glad the manager took such good care of you and at no additional cost!
I agree I tweak before and during, ha,ha!
When you live up in northern Minnesota our pickings are slim for popular places to eat, we don’t have a chik within a 100 miles from here, bummer I know.
I am so glad it worked for us, I know we would not have been happy at WL with the two rooms we were offered.

Oh Caroline, what an awful start with the noisy room...…...but wow on the customer service that moved you to the GF!!! Beautiful resort...….I`m so glad you got moved without any issues......poor Andi though being so tired!!! But, a fabulous end to a poor start with hotels.

Chik-fil-a is a place we have never tried...….it does look nice and wouldn't mind trying it one day...……

Always looking forward to more of your trip...…..:wave2:

Wow! I've never heard of an upgrade/move like that. As nice as it is, it kind of gives me planner's anxiety. Did you have to switch any ADRs because they were no longer as convenient?

I was going to say we were at WL at the same time, but I guess not. Our room was super quiet (sixth floor with a view of MK). The lobby noise would have been a no-go for us too. We napped almost everyday!

Oh Caroline, what an awful start with the noisy room...…...but wow on the customer service that moved you to the GF!!! Beautiful resort...….I`m so glad you got moved without any issues......poor Andi though being so tired!!! But, a fabulous end to a poor start with hotels.

Chik-fil-a is a place we have never tried...….it does look nice and wouldn't mind trying it one day...……

Always looking forward to more of your trip...…..:wave2:
It was rather stressful especially with being so tired, I knew the lobby noise was going to irritate me something fierce so glad I spoke up!
Chik was pretty good, I am not even a big fried chicken fan and it was good and spoiler I ate quite a bit of chicken this way, lol!

Wow! I've never heard of an upgrade/move like that. As nice as it is, it kind of gives me planner's anxiety. Did you have to switch any ADRs because they were no longer as convenient?

I was going to say we were at WL at the same time, but I guess not. Our room was super quiet (sixth floor with a view of MK). The lobby noise would have been a no-go for us too. We napped almost everyday!
I was not expecting the upgrade, I even offered to pay more for a different room category at WL. We did not have to change ADR’s if we didn’t want, it didn’t change our day to day plans at all.
I requested the area you were in. Do you recall if your room was considered firework view now or something else? Those rooms use to be standard and I didn’t realize the categories were changed since the trees are down now and you can see MK.

Hi Everyone

We brought Andi to college today, it went really well overall. My husband cried more than me, he always does, ha, ha! I tried to hold it together and focus on how exciting it is for her to start this new chapter.

This is her roommate Ashley, a very nice young lady, she is also majoring in Spanish with a minor in Health Information. Their dorm is an immersion dorm for students studying Spanish, French, and International studies.
IMG_Sep12018at43212PM.jpg
I will be back soon to get on with the first evening at DAH event!!

I had the chicken sandwich with the potato rounds and Andi had the spicy chicken sandwich. Both came with a drink. The biscuits were very good and the chicken was done well for an airport restaurant
Chick fil a breakfast chicken biscuits are a guilty pleasure of mine! There is a drive thru relatively on the way to work and occasionally I treat myself by stopping in and grabbing one to go!

The manager was so nice, she asked if we would be okay with moving to a different deluxe resort and then she says how about GF at no additional cost!
Wow! That is crazy!

I definitely would be conflicted if offered that-I would want to stay at WL but never could afford GF normally!

I requested the area you were in. Do you recall if your room was considered firework view now or something else? Those rooms use to be standard and I didn’t realize the categories were changed since the trees are down now and you can see MK.

I'm not sure if it was a new Fireworks view or not. It was at least a Nature View. We were able to see the fireworks and the castle, but it had a dormer balcony (had to stand to see). I booked a standard view with a travel agent that had convention rates (only $236 a night with tax!) and I mentioned to her that we'd like bunk beds but never made a formal request through Disney. For that price I imagined we'd be looking at a dumpster - I guess we got upgraded!

My daughters are only 9 and 6 so the bunk beds worked out, but they would not work for anyone over the age of 12!

Hi Everyone

We brought Andi to college today, it went really well overall. My husband cried more than me, he always does, ha, ha! I tried to hold it together and focus on how exciting it is for her to start this new chapter.

This is her roommate Ashley, a very nice young lady, she is also majoring in Spanish with a minor in Health Information. Their dorm is an immersion dorm for students studying Spanish, French, and International studies.
View attachment 347578
I will be back soon to get on with the first evening at DAH event!!

Best of luck to you, Andi!

I'm not sure if it was a new Fireworks view or not. It was at least a Nature View. We were able to see the fireworks and the castle, but it had a dormer balcony (had to stand to see). I booked a standard view with a travel agent that had convention rates (only $236 a night with tax!) and I mentioned to her that we'd like bunk beds but never made a formal request through Disney. For that price I imagined we'd be looking at a dumpster - I guess we got upgraded!

My daughters are only 9 and 6 so the bunk beds worked out, but they would not work for anyone over the age of 12!
Thanks, I had requested even # room on the 6th floor, hoping to get one, oh well! The bunks were small, Andi is small for 18 but it literally was like a little jail cell for her, lol! No way she could even see the TV with the way the wood posts on the bunk were placed. I think you did upgraded, awesome for you all! Thanks for reading, I am reading along on your dining reviews and our trips did overlap some!

Chick fil a breakfast chicken biscuits are a guilty pleasure of mine! There is a drive thru relatively on the way to work and occasionally I treat myself by stopping in and grabbing one to go!

Wow! That is crazy!

I definitely would be conflicted if offered that-I would want to stay at WL but never could afford GF normally!
If we had In and Out burger and Chik around here, I would be a frequent customer, ha!
It was a crazy arrival for us, a little depressing! We so wanted to stay at WL since had never been. I will definitely upgrade to a woods view if I ever try to stay there again!
GF has been my favorite resort since we stayed in 2016 so I was happy to be back!

Following along.

I’m so sorry you had a rough start to your vacation. Hopefully all the craziness is done and you can just enjoy your time.

Day 1, Part 2......................”DAH, can we make the late night, will we die from extreme exhaustion and heat?”...................Read on to find out!

After the resort debacle, we were tired out! It took 2.5 hours to get the room situation figured out, yikes! We opened the door to our GF room and there could have been someone already in this room and I still would have jumped in the bed to rest, ha, ha! Really I wouldn’t but we were so tired. I know it was my own fault for planning so much in the first day with a wake up time of 3:00am, however, I was hoping to have a restful afternoon before hitting MK. Spoiler, this didn’t happen!!

I checked the room over and we hit the beds to rest for awhile. The beds are so comfortable here. We put Freeform on the TV and Beauty and the Beast was on. I tried so hard to take a quick nap and it was not happening. Andi was trying to, no luck! I did get a notification that our Splash FP was changed to an anytime FP, this worked in our favor because we were not going to make that FP anyways.

We headed into MK around 7pm, I forgot how convenient it is to jump on the monorail and be in MK within 5 minutes, wonderful! MK was busy at this time and did I mention it was hotter than Hades? Well it sure was! It had rained earlier in the afternoon and looked like it was going to storm at any minute, it didn’t so that was good!
IMG_Sep22018at83317AM.jpg

Our plan was to head into Tomorrow Land and try Cosmic Rays for the new Incredible stretchy burger. We were definitely hungry, our chicken biscuits from Chik were a distant memory by this point. The Incredible presence in TL was evident, even the music was different, threw me off some!
Cosmic Rays was mobbed! I think everyone had the plan to eat at this time before fireworks later, ugh! I was a little irritable at this point and the mob scene in the QS did not help. We finally ordered and then we waited and waited and waited, seriously, no joke! Everyone around us was getting there food, not us! I finally asked and showed my receipt and whoops they forgot about ours! Par on for our day so far, didn’t surprise me.
IMG_Sep22018at83354AM.jpg

Food in hand, we went on a mission to find a seat, we did get a few things from the fixings bar! The fixings bar was gross, messing and condiments were dried out, yuck! We just got some ketchup and mustard. We were not able to find a seat inside so outside it was. We did have a nice spot outside facing the Cheshire Cat snack stand. The stretchy burger was really good, we each had one since we were starved! It had a nice garlic ranch sauce on it, mozzarella sticks, bacon, and more cheese. The brioche bun was actually very good for Disney! I did feel a little energized after the food and ready to enjoy MK.
IMG_Sep22018at83501AM.jpg

Streak of bad luck continues, ha! We were about 5 minutes past our HM FP as we headed over there. I thought we were fine because of the grace period, right? Oh no, our anytime FP was used instead, was I surprised? Heck no, it was just the way our first day was going. We did enjoy our first ride of the trip.
IMG_Sep22018at83624AM.jpg
We only had one FP left now for PPF and after a stop in the Tangled area for a few photos, it was time for the PPF. This ride put me in a wonderful mood, yay! Oh by the way we were 2 for 2 of attractions stopping on us during the ride. I was able to get a couple PPF pictures while we were stopped.
IMG_Sep22018at83749AM.jpg
We did UtS, stopped again, 3 for 3, we went into Storybook circus, looked in the Big Top and saw it was really changed, no more clothing, all stuffed animals now! We went on Dumbo and the fireworks were starting, it was really fun to see the fireworks while flying on Dumbo. We watched the rest of the fireworks by Dumbo and we jumped on Barnstormer next, no wait! 30 seconds later we were done and heading back into TL.
IMG_Sep22018at83818AM.jpg IMG_Sep22018at83845AM.jpg IMG_Sep22018at83911AM.jpg IMG_Sep22018at83942AM.jpg IMG_Sep22018at84030AM.jpg

We did the PM and Space was down! I took a few pictures with the lights on, mass of steel. We were able to pick up our lanyards and wrist bands at the front of the park upon arrival! We took a picture at one of the Incredible back drops and it was now 10pm and time for DAH to begin!

Stay tuned for DAH, can two extremely tired travelers make it until 1am??.....................................

Following along.

I’m so sorry you had a rough start to your vacation. Hopefully all the craziness is done and you can just enjoy your time.
:welcome:Thanks for joining! It slowly got better, the first day had many ugh moments and some really great ones as Well! :flower1:

so our whole 9 nights would be at WL

Woo! My favorite resort!!

We had time to get some breakfast so we saw a new Chick-fil-A had opened. We don’t have many of these in Minnesota and we had never tried it.

We were at MSP in July - our stopover from home to San Francisco. Chick-fil-a is a way of life down here where we live, and we still ended up there when at the airport, LOL!! I get burned out on it a lot b/c it's so popular here...like, if you're ever somewhere here when something is catered, no matter how fancy everything else is, there's always chick-fil-a trays too :rotfl:

The lemonade though, yum! I never get tired of it!!

The manager was so nice, she asked if we would be okay with moving to a different deluxe resort and then she says how about GF at no additional cost! I said yes that would be wonderful. So at about 4pm we were given a taxi ride to the GF. It did take almost another hour once we arrived for the manager at GF to get everything sorted out! Andi was sleeping in the GF lobby while I stood there for so long! The manager was able to take our 2nd reservation from 8/15-8/20 and switch it to the GF so our whole stay was here and it did not cost me anything!:cheer2: By 5pm we were checking into our new room 5218 Sago Cay.

I am so sad the WL didn't work out (because I looove it), but what an awesome switch!!

I finally asked and showed my receipt and whoops they forgot about ours! Par on for our day so far, didn’t surprise me.

Oh no!

Streak of bad luck continues, ha! We were about 5 minutes past our HM FP as we headed over there. I thought we were fine because of the grace period, right? Oh no, our anytime FP was used instead, was I surprised? Heck no, it was just the way our first day was going.

Ok, you guys had way more than your fair share of bad luck so far on this day!! Hopefully it is all just on this one day and the rest of the trip is smooth sailing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter