“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

That is hilarious. I love the folks in the back just casually drinking their waters. That poor family in the middle, I hope they weren't hoping to scrapbook this ride photo! hahaha
Isn’t it fun to look at the ride photos, some are so funny! I was surprised how many people were posing in our time rover!

sounds heavenly to me!!
I love lounging in the room and watching old sitcoms! Great time to cool off and unwind.
Yeah, I have had this happen even when I actually ate at the restaurant that charged me the cancellation fee (Hollywood Brown Derby)! They immediately reversed it! On this last trip we had a terrible time with MDE being inaccessible and I wasn't able to cancel a Kona reservation on time, and we missed it of course, but they didn't charge us. It seems to really be touch and go.
I had read on here to check your card statement because charges were showing up for cancellation fees which were a mistake! I had never even thought about it and sure enough I saw it on my card! Yikes for you actually eating there and still being charged.

I am so impressed with this, even my "budget" trips are often budget busters with the food we like!
Well we did have a $25.00 credit at Y&Y so that helps. We do share a fair amount so that helps us stay at our $100.00 budget!

Last edited:
Adorable photos with Daisy, Chip & Dale! Those costumes are just tooooo cute!

Hmmm you have me thinking I should sign up for a Landry's card since we will be going to Yak & Yeti in January!

Sounds like a nice end to the day!
I hope you stop for a picture with Chip and Dale with the Dinosaur costumes, so fun and cute!!
Get a Landry card, really worth it. I only use mine at Disney because we don’t have any Landry restaurants around here and still so worth it!
We had an awesome day, I love AK!

Last edited:
I was really hoping to meet the chipmunks on our trip. I thought the Dino bash costumes would be fun. Unfortunately we never did get around to it.
I was happy Dinosaur was down because we would have probably missed this meet! I want to try and meet the others in January so I will have met them all!

I have never been to Yak and Yeti, but I love that dish. I used to work overseas and I would have Chicken Tikka Masala and naan bread at least every week.
It is really delicious at Y&Y, the naan bread with it yummy!
I didn't see it either. Good to know it wasn't just me.
I was surprised they didn’t have the purchase with purchase, I guess the bundle pricing was the new thing now!

I only wish I could have heard it in person!
It was really funny, listening to a grown man act like a 2 year old:rotfl:

Yes! I was just thinking - wow, no first-timers on this ride! :thumbsup2
That’s what I thought. I am proud to pose on one ride because most of the time I am holding on for dear life:eek:

Ugh! This annoys me to no end - especially because as a frequent solo tripper, a lot of people are just happy to run me over to ensure they beat me by two places in line and are seated on the same ride vehicle as me anyway :rotfl: I often just linger towards the back after the pre-ride video so I don't have to fight the insanity. Come on people, we're at Disney, let's just chill
I know exactly what you mean, often Andi and I hang back as well to prevent all the pushy people cramming into you. We are small but come on people we are still in line too!

Lol.....love you got in front of the family hogging the path!

The food looks so good at both Yak and Yeti and Kona Cafe.......chilli dusted shrimp!!! Love the sound of that.....

And again your pictures are beautiful........:)
Some people are so pushy, I would much rather hang back a little then deal with some!
This was a good food day, we really enjoyed our meals this day!
Thank you, I am so happy to get the photos in the park so we can both be in them together!

I meant to look for the new character meets in Dinoland last month but forgot! It's on my list for next month :thumbsup2 The boys will be thrilled lol

The hostess told us the stairs in the restaurant are from a palace in India. The stairs were deconstructed and brought here and reassembled, very cool. Authentic Indian Palace stairs!
That's a really cool bit of trivia, I never heard that before!

Main course was the Chicken Tikka Masala, we always enjoy this, such delicious combination of spices, a little heat, and the sauce is so yummy.
I've had this there, love it. I actually had it at Rose and Crown last month, it was really good there too but I prefer the Y&Y version :)

**FYI I was charged the cancellation fee for SRT even though I changed ADR’s, so always check your charge card statements. I emailed Disney and they saw the error and refunded my $20.00.
Glad you caught it! I shouldn't admit this but.............ever since they began doing the fee when you don't cancel, we've failed to cancel probably 12-15 ADR's - and never been charged :rolleyes1 I'm sure our luck will run out at some point lol and I find it odd (although with Disney's track record I shouldn't) that they're so inconsistent.

Your AK day looks fun! I love that EE magic shot where it's snowing!

I went on the app and found a Kona cafe for 7:30pm so I tried to switch to this and it wouldn’t let me, I had to call. I called and was able to switch to Kona and cancel SRT.

FYI, you can't modify ADRs from the app on the day of, but if you sign in to the web version on your phone, you can modify the reservation :thumbsup2 We did this multiple times this past week.

Glad they refunded you the cancellation fee! I understand why they instituted it but it makes me not want to make ADR's as you get a $20 penalty because somebody got sick for example and you can't make it to the ADR? It is Disney World and things happen and sometimes you can't make it to the ADR and you shouldn't get dinged for it.

Wow! You got some awesome pictures this day :) I especially like these ones...

img_oct202018at64938am-jpg.359505

:laughing:

This is sweet! :goodvibes

This looks so yum! I love Yak and Yeti :)

I meant to look for the new character meets in Dinoland last month but forgot! It's on my list for next month :thumbsup2 The boys will be thrilled lol
These are such fun meets, I hope to meet Donald, Scrooge, and Launchpad in January.

That's a really cool bit of trivia, I never heard that before!
I was impressed, the stairs are beautiful, I really looked at them more closely after she told us that?

I've had this there, love it. I actually had it at Rose and Crown last month, it was really good there too but I prefer the Y&Y version
The Chicken Tikka Masala a Y&Y is always consistently delicious, a favorite of ours for sure.
Glad you caught it! I shouldn't admit this but.............ever since they began doing the fee when you don't cancel, we've failed to cancel probably 12-15 ADR's - and never been charged :rolleyes1 I'm sure our luck will run out at some point lol and I find it odd (although with Disney's track record I shouldn't) that they're so inconsistent.
Ha! You guys have been lucky, we have changed the same day a few times but had never been charged until this time! I read on here someone was charged for quite a few cancellations and it was months before the reservation, man!
Your AK day looks fun! I love that EE magic shot where it's snowing!
We always get such fun pictures in AK, love that park!

FYI, you can't modify ADRs from the app on the day of, but if you sign in to the web version on your phone, you can modify the reservation :thumbsup2 We did this multiple times this past week.
Thank you for the info, good to know. I was trying to do it in the app.

Glad they refunded you the cancellation fee! I understand why they instituted it but it makes me not want to make ADR's as you get a $20 penalty because somebody got sick for example and you can't make it to the ADR? It is Disney World and things happen and sometimes you can't make it to the ADR and you shouldn't get dinged for it.
On a whim I thought I would check my statement after reading about added fees on here. I agree, I think if you don’t show up for a reservation than they should charge your card for the inconvenience but I think if you make the effort even day of, shouldn’t be charged!

Hello Everyone! Time to continue with the August trip.

Today was Wednesday 8/15/18. Time for more MK fun. We were up early and ready to make park opening. The GF lobby was busy with a Wedding party taking photos. We saw the bride and flower girl getting photos on the beautiful stair case.

We headed up the stairs to the monorail platform and we were quickly on the way to MK. It is so nice to be in MK so fast! Such a nice perk of staying at GF. MK is the first stop!

All the Halloween decorations were up now at MK, the first party was 2 days away. We headed to the bridge area on the left side of the castle. It was already pretty hot out at 9am! We were positioned to head straight to PPF. The crowd herding is real at opening.
IMG_Oct272018at50520PM.jpg IMG_Oct272018at51026PM.jpg IMG_Oct272018at50558PM.jpg

We did make it to PPF quickly despite the herding. The stand by queue is so cute, we try to do stand by at least 1x a trip. I just read PPF will be closed for refurbishment during our January trip:sad: This is a bummer! We had a wonderful and quick flight. So much fun as usual. Andi likes it but not as much as me!
IMG_Oct272018at50647PM.jpg
We decided on Little Mermaid next, this was a walk on at this time, long walk! We enjoyed being under the sea with Ariel and friends. Ariel’s grotto was also a walk on, no one in front of us. We had a nice talkative Ariel. It was funny because she actually pushed me up when we were getting ready to go. It was weird because I don’t know if she was wanting us gone or if she thought she was helping me.:lmao:
IMG_Oct272018at50714PM.jpg IMG_Oct272018at50738PM.jpg

We did Dumbo next with little to no wait! Such a fun ride. This one never gets old either!
IMG_Oct272018at52018PM.jpg

We took the smoking path and headed to Tomorrow Land. We rode Buzz, I was happy to be a Space Ace with 435,000 points. Andi was grumpy because she didn’t make Galactic hero:scared1:
IMG_Oct272018at50949PM.jpg

Next up was People Mover, an awesome ride, let’s see a show of hands out there, who thinks this is a super wonderful ride:thumbsup2 I know some of you are raising your hand now, I am!!
IMG_Oct272018at51053PM.jpg
After PM, it was time for ice water and some sustenance. Lunching Pad was right here so we split the Mrs. Incredible’s mask pretzel and had a couple glasses of water. Pretzel verdict, it was good. We both liked it, it was fresh and the black on it was salt.
IMG_Oct272018at51121PM.jpg
Coming up more hot:beach: fun in MK, train rides, mountain conquering, food in a beastly castle, and shopping.............Stay tuned!!

Cont from the last post................

We just finished our pretzel and drank several cups of water before moving on........

It was almost time for 7DMT FP so we headed over there but along the way, we saw some fun photo pass opportunities. We jumped in line for these. I was surprised no one was waiting for these. The photographers at both areas so nice!
Here we are being superstars on the Incredible red carpet and meeting Jack-Jack!
I sent this to my Jack and he liked it.
IMG_Oct282018at73508AM.jpg IMG_Oct282018at73439AM.jpg
This one we definitely needed Mr. incredible or Frozone to help us:furious:
IMG_Oct282018at73531AM.jpg IMG_Oct282018at73555AM.jpg
We jumped in line for our FP, we had a minimal wait and soon we were “in the Mine, in the Mine”. I love the Mine part of this ride. I sing it all the time:)
Here is our less than attractive picture.
IMG_Oct282018at73657AM.jpg
It was very hot today and we needed aircon so Philharmagic was a must. It was busy in here today. We sat next to a very large group of annoying people. They thought it was fun to yell and act stupid during the show:scared: We still enjoyed the show, not as much but the aircon felt wonderful.
IMG_Oct282018at73630AM.jpg
We walked over to Frontier Land. Wendell was out playing with some kids! Here is a picture of him. We headed into Country Bears for more aircon and a silly show. I do always enjoy this show.
IMG_Oct282018at73748AM.jpg IMG_Oct282018at73819AM.jpg
It was time for our BTMRR FP after the show. We got in line and it was hot! I actually felt a little queasy on the ride! The outside area of the ride was sweltering today.
IMG_Oct282018at73847AM.jpg
We drank some water after this and jumped on the train. We rode all the way around the park. This was a good decision. It let us cool down and I used my portable fan. Once our trip around was complete, it was time for Splash FP. I was really hoping to get wet today to cool down. Didn’t get wet at all! Oh well still a fun ride.

Here is our silly picture of Splash. We didn’t have the right picture in our photos, which always happens to us on Splash. The CM at the GF was able to find ours and we did get it.
It was funny because he said, oh this should never happen, I just laughed and told him, it happens to us all the time!
IMG_Oct282018at73721AM.jpg
We had a lunch ADR at 1:40 today, we jumped back on the train and took this to Fantasy Land. We enjoyed the train today. The train is your friend when it is boiling hot out:smooth:

Stay tuned for our lunch at the Beast’s Castle, coming up soon.....................

We sat next to a very large group of annoying people. They thought it was fun to yell and act stupid during the show:scared:

Ugh, that's the worst. My DS gets SOOOOO MAD when people talk on rides >:(

We drank some water after this and jumped on the train. We rode all the way around the park.

Love that…my mom and I do this quite a bit to just rest and relax :D

We had a wonderful ride on FoP, 2nd one of the trip already:cheer2: We were definitely ready to head back to the resort after this. Many had the same idea, first time we had to stand on the bus. Once back to GF we went to take a little rest. We enjoyed the aircon and watched some 90’s sitcoms.
Always nice to have a chance to mellow out and relax. :)

The Polynesian lobby was jammed packed with people getting out of the rain. The whole upstairs was people everywhere! We checked in, Kona was really busy so I thought we would have a wait but we actually got in within 5 minutes. Andi was tired and not real hungry and she was not pleased with the allergy menu. We asked if she could get a California Roll and the waitress went to check and said yes they could do that. It wasn’t on the allergy menu. I got the Grilled Chili-dusted Shrimp. I was surprised this is an entree because it is quite small. It was perfect for me, I loved the flavor and just the right size! The shrimp were on a bed of green with heirloom tomatoes, avocado, pickled onions, and cilantro. It had a creamy lemon vinaigrette drizzled over top! I really enjoyed this, the flavors were so fresh and tasty. Andi said her California Roll was just meh! I asked if we could have the bread pudding from Ohana for dessert, (thanks to the Dis, I knew it was possible) and our waitress said yes, they didn’t have the bananas in the sauce, odd but I believe it may have something to do with Andi’s allergies. The Kona was very conscious about Andi’s allergy. She has had it with the bananas and no worries, this was still very yummy! I did miss the bananas a little! Overall this dinner was just fine, Mine better than Andi’s. The place was super busy and crowded. We saw many a child sleeping at the table! We of course had a table within elbow length of another table, par for the course sometimes!
I felt the same about the California rolls at Kona....I had better from our local grocery store! The bread pudding looks delish though!

We got back and a highlight of the long day was the pianist at the GF. He was playing a beautiful “Remember Me” from Coco. It was so beautiful, brought a tear to this tired lady!
I would have been teary too!

We did make it to PPF quickly despite the herding. The stand by queue is so cute, we try to do stand by at least 1x a trip. I just read PPF will be closed for refurbishment during our January trip:sad: This is a bummer! We had a wonderful and quick flight. So much fun as usual. Andi likes it but not as much as me!
I love PPF too!

It was weird because I don’t know if she was wanting us gone or if she thought she was helping me.:lmao:
Haha...hard to know......

Next up was People Mover, an awesome ride, let’s see a show of hands out there, who thinks this is a super wonderful ride:thumbsup2 I know some of you are raising your hand now, I am!!
My absolute favourite!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

We headed into Country Bears for more aircon and a silly show. I do always enjoy this show.
Country Bears is a must do for us every time.

We drank some water after this and jumped on the train. We rode all the way around the park. This was a good decision. It let us cool down and I used my portable fan. Once our trip around was complete, it was time for Splash FP. I was really hoping to get wet today to cool down. Didn’t get wet at all! Oh well still a fun ride.
I love the train for a nice spot to relax.

Caroline, I love the pic with Jack Jack. I've never seen that done before...It's really cute.

Looks like you and Andi are having a blast in MK!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!