“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Halloween was so big when I was growing up. My parents really loved it and always made our house really spooky. We would trick or treat all evening and get loads of candy!
We have always enjoyed our sandwiches at BoG, they can be inconsistent at times with the fries!
I know you love Game of Thrones so I will just say Winter is Coming and you know nothing John Snow! Lol!

Yes, America can teach the U.K. a lot about how to celebrate Halloween......

My favourite line in Game of Thrones........::yes::

You gotta make this happen! I dream about those things! :laughing:
I have received several endorsements on the cinnamon roll so I have it on the list for January!

Beautiful picture of Andi :goodvibes And OMG her phone case!!! :thumbsup2
Ahh Thanks! I’m glad you noticed her phone case, she loves it and gets many compliments at WDW, most people around here say what kind of case is that, lol!

Yum! I typically stop here once a trip - I love it, too! And the baklava is :cloud9:
I think we will do this again in January because my sister will love it!

I thought the new tshirt designs were really cool. Disney is coming up with some neat ones now!

Hello Everyone!

Today would be Day 6 of our August Trip! 8/16/18. I had talked with Andi about going back to DHS for a do over with the EMH since earlier in the week it was a bust for SDD. Andi wanted nothing to do with it:rotfl: so I planned on going solo to try and get on SDD.

I woke up at 5:30 and heard this loud screaming coming from the hallway! Parents of a small child were letting this kid scream and run down the hall at 5:30, yikes! I was getting up and ready at this time but Andi sure didn’t appreciate it. Please people don’t let your kids do this! I left the room and was at the bus stop around 6am. I am sure the loud kid and parents were on the bus with me. The kid screamed most of the bus ride and the parents just sat there oblivious!>:(

I arrived at DHS at 6:20 and took this mile hike to the entrance, the bus stop had been changed to Timbuktu! It took a long time to walk to the front of the park. I did get checked in and was waiting at the Trolley Cafe area by 6:35. There was quite a few people in line. I waited patiently, hoping we would be let in early! Well, we didn’t start moving toward TSL until 6:55. Herding to this area was a nightmare, people were pushing and stepping on toes, yuck! There was a lady with 2 teen kids by me and she was so mad, she kept saying this is ridiculous over and over! She was not happy! We made it to the SDD line and I was in a decent spot, not as far up as the first time, but decent.

Standing and waiting in anticipation, I see the CM coming down the line and she says the exact same thing as Monday, NO!! She states SDD is having some technical difficulties and they are working on it! I couldn’t believe my bad luck, well I was going to stay put in line because I had nothing else planned. Slinky Dog started going by in test mode again! I started talking to the people around me and told them this happened on Monday and it didn’t start working until 8:30, they were horrified:eek:

Well, good news we started moving after about 25 minutes of waiting. I was talking to a nice family and they were telling me how, the day before, they experienced so many line cutters at MK. She said several people came through the line saying “my family is up ahead, excuse me” and the people went right to the front of the line! That is so frustrating! I know it is hard to wait but this is unfair to everyone doing it the right way! As we are talking about this, a girl starts coming through, saying “sorry but my family is up here” ugh! We both look at each other and sigh :confused3 We did see she stopped not to far up and did meet a group but still, not cool:sad2:

I made it to the front of SDD and I rode with the crabby lady, who was complaining the whole time and saying this is ridiculous :laughing: We were in the very front row! I really enjoyed the ride, it was so smooth and just enough height and speed for a Chicken like me! I loved it and was glad I stuck out the wait for an extra ride on it. The ride photo for SDD was not working today!
IMG_Nov82018at80050AM.jpg IMG_Nov82018at80124AM.jpg
I went to ride TSM next and this was a walk on, I enjoyed my time in the arcade. The SB line is really a fun experience in itself. I highly recommend going through SB at least one if you never have.
IMG_Nov82018at80319AM.jpg IMG_Nov82018at80206AM.jpg IMG_Nov82018at80228AM.jpg
My score, not great but not horrible!
IMG_Nov82018at80252AM.jpg
I rode AS2 next and enjoyed this quirky little ride. I do love the music and the Aliens talking to you.
IMG_Nov82018at80345AM.jpg
I did have all 3 rides done by 8am so not bad. I headed to the front of the park and went in The Trolley Car Cafe and ordered a new Frappe from Starbucks. It was the Strawberry Cream. This was just okay, it tasted a little water downed so not worth $6.00 in my opinion. I sat and people watched for awhile. It was already feeling so hot at 8:30am. Full on sun this am, no clouds at all.
IMG_Nov82018at80410AM.jpg
I was texting with Andi and she was on her way to DHS. She did not like the marathon walk from the bus stop either! Andi arrived and we went back to TSL. We stopped and got Andi a vanilla sweet cream coffee after the long walk, she needed it!
IMG_Nov82018at80011AM.jpg
We had a SDD FP+ at 9:30am. As we were walking to the entrance, we hear a couple next to us talking and the guy says “where is the big rollercoaster?” The girl says, “to the left by the Haunted Mansion” :rolleyes2:rotfl:We just chuckled and headed into TSL. Andi wanted to try the pop tart treat at Woody’s lunch box! We hopped in line and waited forever for this! We got the Raspberry Lunch Tart and 2 waters. This was very tasty, the crust was flaky and delicious and the tart itself was good. We both enjoyed this. I just took a small piece since I had the Frappe earlier. Andi gave it 2 thumbs up.
IMG_Nov82018at80434AM.jpg
It was now time for our SDD ride, the FP+ line moved quickly and we were flying around Andy’s yard. We were closer to the back this time so a different experience for me and it was fun in the back. Andi really enjoyed the ride.

I convinced Andi to try the Fozen sing along but when we got over there we were about 1/2 hour or more off for show time, and Andi did not want to wait for the next show. We decided to ride Star Tours instead. This was still a walk on. We had a good ride through the Galaxy. We were feeling really hot and just not feeling HS today, it was getting pretty busy. We made an executive decision so leave and head to DS. We took the boat to the Dolphin and found the bus stop and waited for a DS bus to come. It was only around 10:30am.

Stay tuned for an early lunch in DS and some more window shopping in the oppressive heat!!

Last edited:

Parents of a small child were letting this kid scream and run down the hall at 5:30, yikes!

Ok, so we had a similar experience a few years ago. Parents in the room next to us were SCREAMING at their loudly crying son and threatening him that if he didn't stop his behavior he was going to stay in the room all day, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...The yelling and crying went on and on and on, so Joe and I started banging on the wall (I know, not the best way for 2 adults to act, but we were trying to get a point across). Eventually, they quieted down and all left the room. Empty threats...:sad2: Like they were really going to keep the kid in the room all day, after the fortune they spent on their Disney vacation...

Love your morning at TSL!!!!

Parents of a small child were letting this kid scream and run down the hall at 5:30, yikes!

Ugh! I hate this. I swear I had this kid outside my room at All Star Movies every night of my August trip. :rotfl:

I arrived at DHS at 6:20 and took this mile hike to the entrance, the bus stop had been changed to Timbuktu! It took a long time to walk to the front of the park.

The walk is crazy now! And I don't think it will get any better when the new bus stops open because they seem just as far away.

Herding to this area was a nightmare, people were pushing and stepping on toes, yuck!

This part is definitely not fun but I'm not sure how Disney could control it any better. I got full on run over by a stroller in October.

I see the CM coming down the line and she says the exact same thing as Monday, NO!!

Oh no! :mad:

I really enjoyed the ride, it was so smooth and just enough height and speed for a Chicken like me!

Whew! Glad it wasn't too long of a wait. And I have to agree with you here, I love SDD. As I get older, the more intense coasters get less and less enjoyable. SDD is a great alternative for my old aching bones. :lmao:

The SB line is really a fun experience in itself. I highly recommend going through SB at least one if you never have.

We spent a lot of time in the Standby line in October. I finally found one Hidden Mickey the second time we rode.

The girl says, “to the left by the Haunted Mansion”

Too funny! :rotfl2:

Glad you got everything in at TSL - makes that early morning a little more worth it! And Andi's tart looked excellent! A nice little treat.

But that screaming kids though...wow. I mean, I completely understand that kids have meltdowns on vacation sometimes and parents can only do so much. But this does not sound like that's what was happening here. Parents! Give your kid some boundaries! Woah! That's really not cool to the other people who have to listen to the kid screaming before dawn.

Glad you got so much done during EMH! Disney also didn’t think of the abbreviation for Aliens Saucers did they.

How fun to get to experience the front and the back so close together!

Sounds like a good morning at HS! I'm glad it didn't take as long for the CM's to get SDD up and running this time.

I wanted to order from Woody's lunchbox to try it out, but DH didn't like anything on the menu, so we skipped it.

Oh jeez, some people are clueless. So rude >:(

Standing and waiting in anticipation, I see the CM coming down the line and she says the exact same thing as Monday, NO!! She states SDD is having some technical difficulties and they are working on it!

No! thank Goodness it started back up again!

I loved it and was glad I stuck out the wait for an extra ride on it. The ride photo for SDD was not working today!

It's so much fun! I rode SDD 5 times and didn't even get one picture :confused3

Early morning for you! That really stinks that SDD was having difficulties again, but glad it wasn't as bad of a wait. You had a pretty productive solo morning!

Sounds like fun when Andi met up with you! The treat from Woody's lunch box looks tasty!

Is this not your preferred way to wake up :P So ridiculous what parents let their kids do. At that hour though I would have been my passive aggressive self and yelled out the door for someone to control their kid. Other parents love me :-)

he states SDD is having some technical difficulties and they are working on it! I couldn’t believe my bad luck, well I was going to stay put in line because I had nothing else planned. Slinky Dog started going by in test mode again!
Oh no!!! 2 times in a row. That his horrible.

I made it to the front of SDD and I rode with the crabby lady, who was complaining the whole time and saying this is ridiculous :laughing: We were in the very front row! I really enjoyed the ride, it was so smooth and just enough height and speed for a Chicken like me! I loved it and was glad I stuck out the wait for an extra ride on it. The ride photo for SDD was not working today!
Glad you finally got on. Not gonna lie I'm upset you didn't get a ride photo cause I totally wanna see cranky lady.

I highly recommend going through SB at least one if you never have.
We did this on our last trip because it was so dang hot we figured air conditioned wait would be worth it (even if it was over 20 minutes :P)

I do love the music and the Aliens talking to you.
Clearly I was not paying attention as I recall no talking nor music :scared1:

I woke up at 5:30 and heard this loud screaming coming from the hallway!
What is wrong with some people????

Well, good news we started moving after about 25 minutes of waiting. I was talking to a nice family and they were telling me how, the day before, they experienced so many line cutters at MK. She said several people came through the line saying “my family is up ahead, excuse me” and the people went right to the front of the line! That is so frustrating! I know it is hard to wait but this is unfair to everyone doing it the right way! As we are talking about this, a girl starts coming through, saying “sorry but my family is up here” ugh! We both look at each other and sigh :confused3 We did see she stopped not to far up and did meet a group but still, not cool:sad2:
There are too many people who think the rules do not apply to them!

I went to ride TSM next and this was a walk on, I enjoyed my time in the arcade. The SB line is really a fun experience in itself. I highly recommend going through SB at least one if you never have.
Putting this on my list for December!

As we were walking to the entrance, we hear a couple next to us talking and the guy says “where is the big rollercoaster?” The girl says, “to the left by the Haunted Mansion” :rolleyes2:rotfl:
Oh my!!!

This was very tasty, the crust was flaky and delicious and the tart itself was good. We both enjoyed this. I just took a small piece since I had the Frappe earlier. Andi gave it 2 thumbs up.
Looks yummy! Apparently there is a holiday tart out that is cranberry and apple. I may just have to try it!

I arrived at DHS at 6:20 and took this mile hike to the entrance, the bus stop had been changed to Timbuktu! It took a long time to walk to the front of the park.
I always drove the rental car to DHS, but the entire parking lot was so messed up. Traffic cones and concrete barriers everywhere. That walk was crazy. I hope it's better now that the new entrance has opened.

I really enjoyed the ride, it was so smooth and just enough height and speed for a Chicken like me! I loved it and was glad I stuck out the wait for an extra ride on it. The ride photo for SDD was not working today!
Great that you stuck it out and got to ride. I really enjoyed it too. The ride photo seems to be a real problem with SDD. I hope it improves. My family did 3 rides total during our trip but only got half the pictures we should have.

Andi wanted to try the pop tart treat at Woody’s lunch box! We hopped in line and waited forever for this! We got the Raspberry Lunch Tart and 2 waters. This was very tasty, the crust was flaky and delicious and the tart itself was good. We both enjoyed this.
I was interested in trying this. I really thought my girls would like it especially. But I never did. Good to know you enjoyed it though.

Oh I feel your pain with noisy kids in hallways.....

I was that angry growling person when I went out into the corridor and told the parents exactly what I thought of their little darlings making such a racket.....they were actually shocked.....I don`t think they even considered they were allowing their kids to be inconsiderate...….someone opposite came out too......we never heard them again, but they were still there as we saw them in the lobby three days later...…..I`m very polite but firm when angry....lol.....and strangely my English accent gets very pointed....despite being Scottish.....lol

You had such a good day again!! Raspberry Tart looked good!!

Looking forward to seeing lunch at DS!

I'm sad the photo op was not working on SDD...I wanted to see a picture of grumpy lady! :rolleyes1

Thanks again for sharing your trip!

Lynn
:rotfl:She stayed straight faced the whole ride at the end I asked if she enjoyed it and she said yes but it sure didn’t show on her face, lol!
Glad your stil reading along, :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!