“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Woo hoo for making it official for January! Really hope we can say hi one of the days :) Great ADRs picked out!

Sounds like such a lovely morning! I love all the pics!

so I went on the Disney website and found a wonderful rate for AKL with the Visa promotion and booked this myself. The rate was only $200.00 more than a moderate resort and $2000.00 dollars less than the play, stay, dine promo at a standard CSR room. I canceled the CSR reservation and booked the AKL and bought my sister’s 8 day PH from undercover tourist this morning and booked our flights this morning! The flights from our town were a great price, waaaay less than March! The airfare alone in March was a killer. So those are my plans and I swear I am sticking to these, well maybe, haha!!
What a fabulous deal and you are staying at one of my very favourite resorts!!! lucky you!

Andi knew the answer to all of the questions, she was to shy to say out loud so I would shout the answers out and get high praise from the CM:rotfl2:He thought I was so Disney smart.
haha!

AK had an opening for 9:00 and we were there a little before this. We headed straight to NRJ and walked right on,
I am definitely doing this in December.

Next up was Starbucks, we both had the vanilla sweet cream cold press coffee.
Oooh! Sounds great!

Stay tuned for more fun in AK and a chance meet with the cutest Dino-Chipmunks EVER!!
They are adorable!!

There was no availability at BC/YC resorts for our trip and I got this vibe from the TA, that I was bothering her to much, like I am a pain in her side:confused3 so I went on the Disney website and found a wonderful rate for AKL with the Visa promotion and booked this myself. The rate was only $200.00 more than a moderate resort and $2000.00 dollars less than the play, stay, dine promo at a standard CSR room. I canceled the CSR reservation and booked the AKL and bought my sister’s 8 day PH from undercover tourist this morning and booked our flights this morning! The flights from our town were a great price, waaaay less than March! The airfare alone in March was a killer. So those are my plans and I swear I am sticking to these, well maybe, haha!!
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense! And I adore AKL, so great choice!

I am going to skip the TSL EMM after reading reviews on it. We will just try to get there early and try for a FP+ for SDD at least once.
Yeah, it seems they are overselling those events lately so you don't get the no-wait experience

First of all, I did get vacation time in January and flights are about 1/2 the price of March, so I think we will be going 1/23 to 1/30:mickeyjum
YAY!!! I'm excited to hear more about your plans! Glad that worked out... and - bonus - the flights!!! :thumbsup2

He kept saying “what are we doing here, is this a ride or an encounter?”
:rotfl2: This CRACKS me up!!!!!! I suppose "encounter" is a pretty decent description though :laughing:

Our next stop was CoP, such a fun “encounter”
I love me a good CoP encounter, too! :rotfl:

Andi knew the answer to all of the questions, she was to shy to say out loud so I would shout the answers out and get high praise from the CM:rotfl2:He thought I was so Disney smart.

Totally OK since she was too shy to say the answers herself! Back when they had the drawing classes they used to do trivia sometimes in the waiting area. Once I was sitting next to a young girl and between the two of us, we answered every question. We were sitting back in a corner and the CM couldn't see us. He accused us of using our phones to come up with the answers but nope, we were just both Disney nerds. :rotfl:

We headed straight to NRJ and walked right on, I really enjoy this ride but only with very little wait. I would not wait more than 15 minutes for this ride.

Totally agree with this one. I did get in line for it in August with a 45 minute wait time posted because there was just nothing else I wanted to do. I waited a total of 9 minutes before getting on the ride. Talk about an inflated wait time!!

Still fun to check out the trails. We love doing this.

Me too! I always have to check on the progress of the baby gorillas. I've been following Lily since 2011 and Cory and Flint since 2014.

Thats the one thing I don't like about NRJ! The rows are definitely not large enough for four adults, especially strangers on a hot and sunny day! I get trying to keep the lines down but thats not ideal!

And yes we did have a great trip!! No pixie dust this trip haha so I guess I'm back to my normal, not-so-lucky self! :rotfl:

I wouldn't be surprised if you go in March too haha I mean you already have a room booked and reservations.... haha sorry to be an enabler! :rotfl2: I'm really hoping I can make a weekend trip happen with my Mom too in March. My sister says she probably won't go but who knows that will probably change!

I'm gonna be there 1/27-1/31 (before we go on our first ever Disney Cruise on 2/1!! YAY!!!). It would be awesome to run into you guys there. I've never met anybody on the DISboards before because I'm not a trip reporter and more of a stalker of trip reports. LOL

This. Exactly. I would only do NRJ with a FP or very short wait.
So true! I saw an elderly couple waiting in the 100 minute line one time and I so wanted to tell them, go sit down don’t wait that long!

I have always wanted to do the trails. But, like I mentioned in my TR, I can never get anyone else to agree to do it. Makes me sad.

Do you know the story behind this Mickey? Probably you do, but if you don't, "fichwa" means "hidden" in Swahili, so it's literally a hidden Mickey. Fun!

We use to always pass up the trails until a few years ago and now these trails are a must, hopefully you will get your family to change their minds next time!
I always thought is was some kind of welcome until Andi looked it up and figured it out, very cool! Sometimes a photographer is there.

I just did that same pic by the Mickey!!!!8-)
We love this spot, stop almost every trip! Did you see @Terra Nova guy explanation about what the word means, very cool!

Woo hoo for making it official for January! Really hope we can say hi one of the days :) Great ADRs picked out!

Sounds like such a lovely morning! I love all the pics!
Yes we will have to see if a chance or planned meeting happens. I am excited now that I have my plans made!
We had a fun morning in AK, love this park!

What a fabulous deal and you are staying at one of my very favourite resorts!!! lucky you!
I am really happy with the choice now that it is made, my sister will love it, she loves this type of setting!

I am definitely doing this in December.
It works great to jump on NRJ first thing, very few people doing that and it is a visually appealing ride!

They are adorable!!
Stay tuned for the best meet of the trip and it was not planned!

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense! And I adore AKL, so great choice!
Yes, I am happy with this and since I do get to stay at an Epcot resort in May, thanks to your great planning! I know my sister will love it at AK
Yeah, it seems they are overselling those events lately so you don't get the no-wait experience
I read a few reviews that really turned me off of this, definitely think it is being over sold!

YAY!!! I'm excited to hear more about your plans! Glad that worked out... and - bonus - the flights!!! :thumbsup2
I was really stressing about my plans and I feel so much better now that I decided on the January trip!

This CRACKS me up!!!!!! I suppose "encounter" is a pretty decent description though
Tracy, if you could have heard his voice and how he said it, it did crack me up! It is an encounter I guess but so funny!
I love me a good CoP encounter, too!
Ahh me to, such a favorite! We tried to go at least once each trip

Totally OK since she was too shy to say the answers herself! Back when they had the drawing classes they used to do trivia sometimes in the waiting area. Once I was sitting next to a young girl and between the two of us, we answered every question. We were sitting back in a corner and the CM couldn't see us. He accused us of using our phones to come up with the answers but nope, we were just both Disney nerds.
Yay! At least you weren’t to shy to answer the questions! I didn’t mind taking all the credit, haha! I do know a fair amount of Disney trivia but these questions were really out of my league. Andi got many extra points at school for answering trivia questions and many she learned at Disney. Her teachers were impressed when she would tell them she knew the answer because of Disney trips!

Totally agree with this one. I did get in line for it in August with a 45 minute wait time posted because there was just nothing else I wanted to do. I waited a total of 9 minutes before getting on the ride. Talk about an inflated wait time!!
I wish Andi would believe me about the inflated times I think we should try more rides because of this! Wow that was really inflated for NRJ

Me too! I always have to check on the progress of the baby gorillas. I've been following Lily since 2011 and Cory and Flint since 2014.
Have fun checking out the trails, I know you leave soon for your trip, yay!

Thats the one thing I don't like about NRJ! The rows are definitely not large enough for four adults, especially strangers on a hot and sunny day! I get trying to keep the lines down but thats not ideal!

And yes we did have a great trip!! No pixie dust this trip haha so I guess I'm back to my normal, not-so-lucky self! :rotfl:

I wouldn't be surprised if you go in March too haha I mean you already have a room booked and reservations.... haha sorry to be an enabler! :rotfl2: I'm really hoping I can make a weekend trip happen with my Mom too in March. My sister says she probably won't go but who knows that will probably change!
Yes, we were in a row with 2 very large men, not comfortable!
I’m glad you had a fun trip even without some extra pixie dust.
Those trips, so tempting I keep thinking about a March trip since I have vacation approved. If the flights weren’t so expensive I think I would do it!

I'm gonna be there 1/27-1/31 (before we go on our first ever Disney Cruise on 2/1!! YAY!!!). It would be awesome to run into you guys there. I've never met anybody on the DISboards before because I'm not a trip reporter and more of a stalker of trip reports. LOL
Yay to a trip in January and a Disney Cruise, sounds fun. It would be fun to have a Dis meet. Hopefully we can run into each other, we will stay in touch!

I think I'm a little behind but catching up!

We got in the “encounter” :rotfl:pretty quick. This was a nice meet with Rapunzel and Tiana. The whiny dad even enjoyed it:bitelip:
I can just hear the voiceover guy now, "ENCOUNTER your favorite princesses at fairytale hall. Enjoy extra magic from whiny guests!"
We were literally on top of each other, not fun! It was so stuffy in there, like a mob scene. This was the scariest part of the ride:laughing:
:scared1:
GROSS. I would hate that!!!
Finally, we started to move and eventually got on our doom buggy and had a fun ride. I do look for hidden Mickey’s and new items each ride. I see something new almost every trip, especially in the ballroom!
Me too. I also love looking at all the details in the attic scene, SO much to look at here!!!

I stopped at Basin to wash my hands with a lovely lemon scrub! I bought a few soaps and a perfume balm. You do get an AP discount here so that is a plus.
Every trip I mean to get something from Basin but I never do. Good to know about AP discount though!

It was time for the delicious Pulled Pork Nachos found at Captain Cooks. These nachos are so yummy, I love them. Andi likes them but not as much as I do. She wasn’t to hungry so we shared these. I ate most! They are addicting.
They really are addicting. I could go for those just about now!

Oh good, I wasn't TOO far behind! :blush: You are so good at keeping your TR updated.

I went on the Disney website and found a wonderful rate for AKL
:banana:

One of my very favorites! Okay maybe they're all my favorite... but I do so love Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Andi knew the answer to all of the questions, she was to shy to say out loud so I would shout the answers out and get high praise from the CM
:laughing: Good method!

The CM gave me a prize for all the correct answers, was it a FP, a free food item, a certificate for greatness, no none of these, it was a bleep, bleep sticker!
A STICKER?! :lmao: well I guess it was better than nothing!

We did one other visit and it was first thing in the morning and very few people around:confused3
I have a much better experience on Navi River Journey when we aren't journeying in a row of the boat with a bunch of other people squished in! I always hate when they send us (party of 2) into a row with 2 already in it and I feel like I have to explain "I'm sorry, they made us come into this row!" They definitely don't seem big enough rows for four adults across.

I can just hear the voiceover guy now, "ENCOUNTER your favorite princesses at fairytale hall. Enjoy extra magic from whiny guests!"
Ahhh, that would have made it even more hilarious!

Me too. I also love looking at all the details in the attic scene, SO much to look at here!!
I love the attic scene and try to find different things each ride, this ride is so Disney!

Every trip I mean to get something from Basin but I never do. Good to know about AP discount though!
We always browse in Basin, such a fun store to wash your hands with the delicious smelling scrubs! Andi bought me a scrub for Mother’s Day last year, I love it!

They really are addicting. I could go for those just about now!
I really love these nachos, wish I could have these more often!
One of my very favorites! Okay maybe they're all my favorite... but I do so love Animal Kingdom Lodge.
I am excited now about our plans, I was really fluctuating between several different resorts and I didn’t really like the price or type of any, then I found the Visa promotion on AKL and it was so awesome, couldn’t pass it up!

They definitely don't seem big enough rows for four adults across.
I agree! To small to share with people you are not wanting to feel like you are almost in their lap:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter