“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

WE will overlap by 2 days, we will be at the Contemporary for my husband’s birthday. But we are starting our trip at ASMo for 2 nights, then switching to CBR (hoping gondolas are running by then) and ending at the contemporary until the 19th.
That is so exciting! We have stayed at the Contemporary before and loved the walk to MK! Maybe we can say hi in August:wave2:. I haven’t picked our resort yet but I am thinking either Contemporary or the Polynesian.

Why do they do that? It's really a horrible way to get on a ride
I know, it is way worse since FP+, just sayin! Have an awesome trip!!

That's insane! I used to live near Buffalo as a kid and I do not miss the snow October to April!!
I hope someday to say I use to live in Minnesota during the 6 month winter, lol!

Getting onto HM is always such a nightmare to me...after the stretching room everyone squishes in and then has to go single file before gettng on the buggy. Such chaos!
It is so bad now, I think they give out so many FP+ now for this ride because I don’t remember it being this bad! I’m excited for January now that we decided on that time frame.

I am going with my brother. I will definitely do a TR as we will be going to Tokyo Disney. :thumbsup2
Sound so awesome I will be reading along on your report!

What is it with the Princess Hall and the photopass photos coming back black? Happened to me too! I hope they didn't make Andi wait in a long line again when it was their camera at fault.
I don’t know why but we have had some really dark pictures in there. The CM did let her bypass the line, so that was good.

These nachos look amazing! I might have to make my way to Poly for these
These are a wonderful Disney bargain, only around $9.00, cant beat that and very delicious as well!

I live in the south so we don't even get snow in the winter.

I've heard good things about those pulled pork nachos on several trip reports. They are on my list of must tries.
I envy anyone who doesn’t have to deal with winter, it is harder to deal with the older I get!
Try the nachos, so good!

I grew up in Pennsylvania and while I miss my family who still live there, I definitely don't miss the snow! We do get a little here in Georgia but then it's fun because they close everything including my work.
I wouldn’t miss it either, haha! I see pictures on the news when Atlanta gets a few inches and I am amazed how it shuts everything down!

I love listening in on conversations around me at Disney!
You can sure hear some interesting things, many hot and cranky people in August

I never did stop at any of these while I was there in August. They were always crowded and as you've mentioned a few times, it was hot!
Yes it was hot, we were lucky to find them empty a few times and jumped in for a picture.

This area is a nightmare with the bottleneck merge without a ride stoppage.
It is so bad, I hate leaving the shrinking room now!

I'm one of the few weird people that do not like Basin. Way too many smells in there to set off my allergies.
I can understand that it is a very fragrant store.

Love the Muppet show!
It never gets old to us, Andi loves it too!

No way!! Snow in October feels wrong to me.... we actually had freakishly hot weather this week and it was up to 80 and very humid. Then tomorrow it is supposed to be in the mid forties for the high!!
We have had a colder than normal October, like 20 degrees colder some of the days. They are saying November is going to be more mild, I can only hope!

I am still looking for the second Hidden Donald but have found almost everything else.
I didn’t know of the second Donald, I have found the first one, which I think is the first one, the chair?? Is that right?

I love it too! I never got over there to just sit and enjoy it this summer but am definitely going to go listen to the Orchestra in December and take in all the Christmas decor!
You will love the GF lobby in December. The music and the decorations are so beautiful

Love that smell too....it is just delicious!
The Poly and BC smells are my favorite

I meant to try those in August but was obsessed with the Ploynesian Chicken salad!
Try the nachos next time, yummy

Oh I love EWP so much!!! Many great memories with my boys when they were little. :)
I agree, every time I hear the music I get giddy inside and start clapping!

Oh, gross! I'm crossing my fingers that we manage to go without snow for a while here yet. Sweating in Florida in the summer sounds pretty good once winter hits here.
I hope you don’t get any for awhile, yuck! It is very chilly here this weekend, more like the end of November weather yuck!

Oh man, that's a mess! I always feel like this area has the potential to be very unsafe whenever it gets backed up too much and people are pushing and shoving to try to get in some form of a line.
It can be so bad at times! I hold onto Andi so we don’t lose each other!

Nice! I love Basin.
Me too and it’s even more awesome in the GF lobby!

It was snowing a little bit here (central Illinois) today. It wasn't sticking on the ground, but still don't want to see it yet.
Ours melted thank goodness but I know more will be coming!

I am all caught up! What a fun day you had! I feel like the monorail resorts are just so convenient!

Also your trip planning and my disney blues (my mom, sister and I just got back Wednesday night!) got me booking a tentative trip in March! hahaha

It would be a week before my AP expires so I am really tempted to do this. I booked it in the off chance we do decide to go since Pop books up SO ridiculously fast now and that tends to be our favorite (I mean favorite in the sense that we just can't justify deluxe - no matter how hard I try!). Plus, knowing my Mom she'll just casually mention a trip in a few months and then I can just tell her I already have something booked! haha

I'm glad to hear you can make January work for you guys!
I hope you had another awesome trip, any pixie dust on this one? Planning the trips is so fun. Those darn AP’s burning holes in our pockets! Haha!
My husband said to me “oh I’m sure you and Andi will be going in March as well! I don’t think it will be in the budget but you never know, haha!

I never get tired of this view
The GF lobby is so beautiful, the music and ambience can’t be beat.

My mouth is watering, best Nacho's ever IMO
Me too, I love these nachos!

Iwas going to ask how you got such a great pic.
Funny, Mine always look like a foggy mess when I try to take of th water pageant

YUCK feeling sorry for ya way up there
Yes snow is a four letter word!

Oh how sad. Sorry to hear that.
It was really a shock and he was the best TA I have had!

Well you know this crew is always going to tell you to do both!!!
I know, we may go in March too, never know!

I'm right there with ya Andi
Ahh love GMR, Andi had her sights set on being a CM on this attraction, she had the whole thing memorized lol!

Love these!!!
Thank you these magic shots are so fun!

I think we have the stars of the next Twilight Zone movie
Funny, I thought the way the CM was carrying on we would have something scaring us besides the background of ToT, haha!

Glad you got it worked out. If you have anymore trouble let me know. We usually use them for the labor day specials and have been happy with the service we get from ours.
It has been hard, I think they were overwhelmed as an agency and really struggling after J died.

WOOHOO!!!!! Are you going in March too or just January?
Right now January only and I just don’t see a March trip happening since I will be going in May and August! So glad it worked out for you to come in May!

Yikes!!! Why on earth did they keep loading more people in there?
I know, claustrophobic is real in this situation!

Oh these are some of my favorites. You totally have me wanting some of these on our February trip.
Yummy Nachos! Yay for a February trip!

I a. cannot believe you have snow but b. there is a hot tub!!!! I'll be there in a few hours. Have some wine ready
The hot tub is so fun to be in on these cold October nights with a nice glass of vino!! Come on over anytime!

Man I fell behind! But I am caught up now!

I had read to stay to the right and you will be in the SDD line so this is what we did and we were like the 3 or 4th group in line, yay, I forgive you for not letting us in at 6:30, right? WRONG! The nice CM comes up to us and says SDD is having technical difficulties and they have no idea if and when it will be up running, what oh no!
You are the second person that had this happen to them. I wonder if they have gotten the ride issues taken care of or if it is still an issue.

img_sep302018at31425pm-jpg.355053
Love the shirt!

Next Up was ToT, this was basically a walk on, enjoyed our crazy elevator ride, I am pointing at all the SW construction in the picture, lol!
img_oct52018at80542am-jpg.355955
Too funny that you were checking out SWL!

We were literally on top of each other, not fun! It was so stuffy in there, like a mob scene. This was the scariest part of the ride:laughing:
I totally thought that when we were just there. I can see how it would back up fast.

You have snow!!!!!!! Oh say it ain`t so!!!! Far too early...…..

Love your GF and Poly pics and the pulled pork nachos looks amazing!!!! Truly amazing!!! I may have to try them at some point...…..

Loving catching up on your report...….your pictures are always lovely!

It is actually snowing this morning:stitch2: Not a joke!
Whoa! Parts of NY FAR from us got snow already but we usually are ok until later in Nov. the earliest!

what are we doing here, is this a ride or an encounter?”
:laughing:
Although I kind of like that for a TR title :scratchin

I bought the Poly resort scentsy wax
I should get some of those in Disney scents, I burn scentsy candles all the time.

It was time for the delicious Pulled Pork Nachos found at Captain Cooks.
OMG :cloud9: I dream about those and it's been 7 months too long since the last time I had them lol. Need to fit them in to our schedule next month! They are about as perfect as nachos can be :love:

We hung out at the GF and were able to see the HEA show and the Electric water parade! There is great viewing outside of the Gasparilla Grill for HEA
We discovered the great spot outside GG last month and watched Hallowishes there, I love it! So nice sitting and relaxing there with the fireworks seriously all around you.

Hi Caroline! OMG, that snow just makes me sad. We're outside of Chicago, so snow can happen here anytime beginning in November. Which, is right around the corner...Your walk to the Poly looks lovely and those nachos, YUM!!!!

the clouds along the horizon look really cool in this

Once we were done in the shrinking room and sent to the doom buggy area, it was a true nightmare! The ride was stopped and they just kept adding people to this area, ugh! We were literally on top of each other, not fun! It was so stuffy in there, like a mob scene. This was the scariest part of the ride:laughing:

Add me to the club that hates when they do this. The funnel shape that narrows as you get to the actual doom buggy line is bad enough with people feeling like they're going to miss something if they're not first is bad enough, so when they really shove people in it's awful!

There is a lovely path to walk on, along the lake shore, between the two resorts. We had a nice walk over to the Poly.

I love the walk between these two resorts. I always see something new each time, and it's so pretty and peaceful

It was time for the delicious Pulled Pork Nachos found at Captain Cooks.

Yum!! We have a local Hawaiian place that serves almost an identical version which is both good AND bad, lol

The parade is one of my favorites, it is unique to Disney and truly makes you feel like a kid again!

i agree! the music starts up and i feel like I have to rush out to watch. I like being on the resort ferry when it starts going, too

First of all I heard some very sad news today:sad:
I am so sorry to hear this. What terrible news, indeed :sad1:

RIP to one of the most iconic and best attractions ever!!
I will never ever be over this epic loss. :(

We always check for the key under the mat, and sometimes there are stickers under there as a little prize.
What?! I always, always stop to check too, but have never found stickers! Maybe next time ;)

Yikes, I would have been very impatient over the MM experience, but you made the most of it. After all, an okay meal at Disney beats most meals elsewhere, right? :laughing:

You are the second person that had this happen to them. I wonder if they have gotten the ride issues taken care of or if it is still an issue.
I know, I was reading another TR and the same thing happened to them! It was a bummer, stay tuned to find out if we ever get on SDD

Too funny that you were checking out SWL!
It was so cool to see all the construction from up high!

I totally thought that when we were just there. I can see how it would back up fast.
That area getting on the Doom Buggy can get so chaotic

Whoa! Parts of NY FAR from us got snow already but we usually are ok until later in Nov. the earliest!
It stinks is all I can say, we are having a really cold October! Yuck. I hope it isn’t a premonition for our winter.

Although I kind of like that for a TR title
I should have used that, the way he said encounter in this whiny voice had me laughing under my breath!
I should get some of those in Disney scents, I burn scentsy candles all the time.
I found the Disney resort scents on Etsy

OMG :cloud9: I dream about those and it's been 7 months too long since the last time I had them lol. Need to fit them in to our schedule next month! They are about as perfect as nachos can be
Love those Nachos, plus around 9 bucks at Disney, makes it more amazing

We discovered the great spot outside GG last month and watched Hallowishes there, I love it! So nice sitting and relaxing there with the fireworks seriously all around you.
It was perfect and our building was so close to this area.

Hi Caroline! OMG, that snow just makes me sad. We're outside of Chicago, so snow can happen here anytime beginning in November. Which, is right around the corner...Your walk to the Poly looks lovely and those nachos, YUM!!!!
Hi Jenny,
Snow in October is not fun even if it only lasts a couple hours it still stinks. It has been cold here this month.
The walk between GF and Poly is such a nice one and getting the nachos as a treat makes it even more enjoyable!

You have snow!!!!!!! Oh say it ain`t so!!!! Far too early...…..

Love your GF and Poly pics and the pulled pork nachos looks amazing!!!! Truly amazing!!! I may have to try them at some point...…..

Loving catching up on your report...….your pictures are always lovely!
Ugh the snow and unseasonably cold October is making me miss Florida even more!
The nachos are so good and such a great price for Disney! The walk between the resorts is so lovely
Thanks you, it’s so nice to get pictures of both of us in them.

the clouds along the horizon look really cool in this
The sky in August is so cool in Florida, there is sun and upcoming storms on the horizon, cool.

Add me to the club that hates when they do this. The funnel shape that narrows as you get to the actual doom buggy line is bad enough with people feeling like they're going to miss something if they're not first is bad enough, so when they really shove people in it's awful!
I agree, do you think it is worse since FP+? I do! I don’t remember this when HM wasn’t a FP attraction
I love the walk between these two resorts. I always see something new each time, and it's so pretty and peaceful
This is another one of my favorite reasons to stay at one of these resorts. The path is beautiful and never any one on it!

Yum!! We have a local Hawaiian place that serves almost an identical version which is both good AND bad, lol
Lucky you! We don’t have anything remotely similar to those awesome Nachos
i agree! the music starts up and i feel like I have to rush out to watch. I like being on the resort ferry when it starts going, too
I am the same way, soon as I hear the music I rush to see it and start clapping, haha!
I am so sorry to hear this. What terrible news, indeed :sad1:
He was awesome, I didn’t realize how good until I have had to deal with 2 others from the agency, nothing like him!

I will never ever be over this epic loss.
Andi and I rode GMR one trip before FP+ at least 10x it was such a great trip through the movies and a way to relax your legs for awhile and it was never crowded back then!!

What?! I always, always stop to check too, but have never found stickers! Maybe next time ;)

Yikes, I would have been very impatient over the MM experience, but you made the most of it. After all, an okay meal at Disney beats most meals elsewhere, right?
Keep checking under the mat, Andi has found stickers twice now!
MM was fine, just not the best service or appetizer.

Hello Everyone!
A new PTR update on the January trip, coming from the ever changing mind of your TR host:laughing:
There was no availability at BC/YC resorts for our trip and I got this vibe from the TA, that I was bothering her to much, like I am a pain in her side:confused3 so I went on the Disney website and found a wonderful rate for AKL with the Visa promotion and booked this myself. The rate was only $200.00 more than a moderate resort and $2000.00 dollars less than the play, stay, dine promo at a standard CSR room. I canceled the CSR reservation and booked the AKL and bought my sister’s 8 day PH from undercover tourist this morning and booked our flights this morning! The flights from our town were a great price, waaaay less than March! The airfare alone in March was a killer. So those are my plans and I swear I am sticking to these, well maybe, haha!!

Stats now are 1/23/19-1/30/19 at AKL for Andi, Donna, and me! Yay! I am probably going to add a DAH event during this time. I am going to skip the TSL EMM after reading reviews on it. We will just try to get there early and try for a FP+ for SDD at least once.

I have ADR’s for Sana’a, Boma, Cape May, Teppan Edo, and the new Storybook Dinner at WL.

I will occasionally put a PTR update here as things unfold..................:cheer2:

On with the August TR..................
Today was Tuesday 8/14/18. We were going to spend the morning at AK, yay, my favorite park and Andi’s second favorite.
We slept great in our comfy beds and woke to a nice hot day, coffee and danish enjoyed in the room, bus app checked, and time to head to the bus stop.
The CM was doing trivia at the bus stop. He was in the CP and super friendly and nice. The trivia was hard, I seriously didn’t know any of the questions:hyper: Andi knew the answer to all of the questions, she was to shy to say out loud so I would shout the answers out and get high praise from the CM:rotfl2:He thought I was so Disney smart.

upload_2018-10-15_12-51-42.gif

Our bus came fairly quickly and most of the people were waiting for a different park, yay for us! The CM gave me a prize for all the correct answers, was it a FP, a free food item, a certificate for greatness, no none of these, it was a bleep, bleep sticker!:rotfl:I gave it to Andi, after all she earned it.

AK had an opening for 9:00 and we were there a little before this. We headed straight to NRJ and walked right on, I really enjoy this ride but only with very little wait. I would not wait more than 15 minutes for this ride. We had a boat to our selves and it did stop for a few minutes during the ride, very glad we didn’t have to share our row with a couple large men! We did one other visit and it was first thing in the morning and very few people around:confused3
IMG_Oct152018at124344PM.jpg IMG_Oct152018at124416PM.jpg IMG_Oct152018at124518PM.jpg IMG_Oct152018at124641PM.jpg IMG_Oct152018at124446PM.jpg
We had a picture in Pandora before we headed out to Adventures Outpost. This had a very short wait as well, maybe 10 minutes to meet two of the cutest mice around! We had a nice visit with Mickey and Minnie. They are such world travelers, very happy they could spend a little time with us.
IMG_Oct152018at124540PM.jpg IMG_Oct152018at124559PM.jpg

Next up was Starbucks, we both had the vanilla sweet cream cold press coffee. This was very good. We took our drinks and went to the Gorilla trail. Harambe area was still quiet at this time. Everyone was at Pandora. We only saw 1 gorilla on the trail and a hippopotamus’s butt in the water. Still fun to check out the trails. We love doing this.
IMG_Oct152018at124726PM.jpg IMG_Oct152018at124703PM.jpg

Stay tuned for more fun in AK and a chance meet with the cutest Dino-Chipmunks EVER!!

We headed straight to NRJ and walked right on, I really enjoy this ride but only with very little wait. I would not wait more than 15 minutes for this ride.
This. Exactly. I would only do NRJ with a FP or very short wait.

Still fun to check out the trails. We love doing this.
img_oct152018at124726pm-jpg.358567
img_oct152018at124703pm-jpg.358568
I have always wanted to do the trails. But, like I mentioned in my TR, I can never get anyone else to agree to do it. Makes me sad.

Do you know the story behind this Mickey? Probably you do, but if you don't, "fichwa" means "hidden" in Swahili, so it's literally a hidden Mickey. Fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter