“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

We drank our water and soon it was our turn for the lantern pictures! I am glad we waited, the pictures turned our nice!
img_sep32018at81524pm-jpg.348436
img_sep32018at81454pm-jpg.348437
Very cute!

Congrats on the upgrade to GF! My mother and I were in Sago Cay in 5305 over Labor Day Weekend! Such a great location! Totally a quiet location!

After that long of a day, go you for making it through Disney After Hours! I would have been a zombie! It was available on our arrival day but I was too worried about that with having been at work all day. Would have been nice to do more of MK that way! Smart move on getting extra sodas for the week! Should have brought a bigger backpack to get some more ;)
Thank you, Sago Cay was very quiet and so close to Gaspirilla Grill and the bus depot. I am glad you have a nice room!
It was tough to make it until 1am and I did feel like a zombie! My backpack weighed 20# for sure!

Found your new TR!

Wow, I think you had an even rougher travel day than I did. I had a similar issue with noise at All Star Movies. I really should have asked for a different room but I didn't get in my room till 1 am the first day and just didn't want to deal with moving once I was settled.

I loved reading about your DAH. I really wish I could have fit it in my schedule because I think I would have enjoyed it more than the EMM I did. EMM was fun but having access to all the rides rather than just a few in Fantasyland would have been awesome. I hope to do that event sometime in the future if they continue to offer it.
I read about your noisy neighbors, ugh! I could not believe how loud our room at WL was. I knew we had to move right away before we settled in.
DAH was so fun, it would have been even better if we wouldn’t have been so tired. I see Disney released dates in to the winter months for the event, maybe it will work for you! I would definitely do this again. I wish you would have done the event because we could have met!

Their dorm is an immersion dorm for students studying Spanish, French, and International studies.
Fun! Hope she's having a wonderful time so far :thumbsup2

Oh by the way we were 2 for 2 of attractions stopping on us during the ride. I was able to get a couple PPF pictures while we were stopped.
I would LOVE to be stopped on PPF!

it was really fun to see the fireworks while flying on Dumbo.
And what a perfect "Disney" experience, too ::yes:::wizard:

I am glad we waited, the pictures turned our nice!
They really did! I haven't done the lantern shots yet, but I really want to. Yours are beautiful :goodvibes

We decided to do Buzz and the picture of me says it all:rotfl2:
:rotfl2: Were you actually asleep!? ;) :rotfl:

I love the DAH pictures. I think we are trying it on the 20th. It looks like so much fun.
Thank you! The event is really worth it in my opinion, I would do it again if it worked for us! I sure hope you try the event, you will love it!

I would LOVE to be stopped on PPF!
It was so fun, we were stopped on our first three rides and this was the best!

Fun! Hope she's having a wonderful time so far :thumbsup2
She is having a great experience so far, sure miss her!

And what a perfect "Disney" experience, too ::yes:::wizard:
This is a fun way to experience the fireworks especially when we have watched many times before!

They really did! I haven't done the lantern shots yet, but I really want to. Yours are beautiful :goodvibes
Thank you, so glad we finally did this, the line is usually so long.

Were you actually asleep!? ;)
Ha! Ha! I wasn’t but I sure could have been. My sugar high crashed at this point!

Following - love the Chick-Fil-A (aka "Chick") talk - it is a Saturday morning ritual down in these parts :worship: - saw a comedian recently signing a song about "Chick" and it was so funny (and true). Sorry you had to move, but it definitely could be worse (we got that move too once for construction). Cannot wait to read more!

I tell Andi and she just laughs and says “mom you just can’t stop tweaking the trip can you.” Okay now you all our caught up. Trip was 8/11-8/20/18 at WL.:cool1:
I feel like this will be Morgan one day!

Our flight was on Delta at 9am.
This always seems like a good idea when you book it and then you realize what time you need to get up!

We landed without problems, however, we did have to sit on the runway for about 40 minutes because of a storm in the area
That is the worst. You just want to get off the plane!!!

We picked up her refillable mug and just wandered around outside.
upload_2018-8-27_19-40-53-jpeg.346619
I love her shirt! Where did she get it?

The grounds are just beautiful, we enjoyed wandering around. I was really feeling bummed out. I was so excited to stay here and I always hear great reviews so this was quite disappointing. I had told the CM I would pay extra for a different room location if need be. It didn’t take to long and my phone rang. The manager was so nice, she asked if we would be okay with moving to a different deluxe resort and then she says how about GF at no additional cost!
I have to assume your niceness and already offering to pay for the upgrade helped in that situation. Glad it worked out, even if it did take awhile to get it all situated.

I know many love the WL and I am sure we would have if we would have had a different room.
We love WL but we have never had a room in the main area. We have always been away from the loudness.

Wow, GF looks amazing! Maybe one day.

All caught!

We brought Andi to college today, it went really well overall. My husband cried more than me, he always does, ha, ha! I tried to hold it together and focus on how exciting it is for her to start this new chapter.
Good Luck to Andi!!!! I feel like, that is what will happen to Andy and I drop one of the girls off. Andy will cry and I will keep it together. (until we leave)

I checked the room over and we hit the beds to rest for awhile. The beds are so comfortable here. We put Freeform on the TV and Beauty and the Beast was on. I tried so hard to take a quick nap and it was not happening. Andi was trying to, no luck! I did get a notification that our Splash FP was changed to an anytime FP, this worked in our favor because we were not going to make that FP anyways.
At least you were able to lay down for a bit. I am the worst napper ever, so alot of time that is the best I get.

Everyone around us was getting there food, not us! I finally asked and showed my receipt and whoops they forgot about ours! Par on for our day so far, didn’t surprise me.
Oye!!

. The stretchy burger was really good, we each had one since we were starved! It had a nice garlic ranch sauce on it, mozzarella sticks, bacon, and more cheese. The brioche bun was actually very good for Disney! I did feel a little energized after the food and ready to enjoy MK.
img_sep22018at83501am-jpg.347667
This sounds actually kind of good. We haven't eaten at Cosmic Ray's yet. But I think we want to try the Pork Belly burger while we are on the dinning plan.

Oh no, our anytime FP was used instead, was I surprised? Heck no, it was just the way our first day was going. We did enjoy our first ride of the trip.
img_sep22018at83624am-jpg.347668
Man! You guys were having a rough time.

we went into Storybook circus, looked in the Big Top and saw it was really changed, no more clothing, all stuffed animals now!
This doesn't surprise me. Seems like toys makes the most sense back there, in a very kind friendly area.

was long, it did go fast because no payment was needed. I got 2 waters, 1Diet Coke and 1 Coke. I passed on ice cream at this time because I didn’t want chocolate on my face for the pictures.:P

We drank our water and soon it was our turn for the lantern pictures! I am glad we waited, the pictures turned our nice!
img_sep32018at81524pm-jpg.348436
img_sep32018at81454pm-jpg.348437
Good planning, kill 2 waits at once!

It was finally time for some ice cream, yum! We both had a Mickey bar, I also picked up more soda and water. My backpack was getting heavy. We enjoyed our ice cream, it gave me a sugar buzz to keep going:rotfl:
OMG! You almost ended up with enough water and soda for the rest of your trip!

We have yet to have Mickey Bars! I am not sure how but I def need fix this on our next trip!

Great photo! And you made it pretty late! Close enough!

Way less people than the parties and less than EMH. I saw people without wristbands and lanyards still wondering around the park at midnight. CM’s were checking the wrist bands so I don’t think the people hanging out were getting on any rides. If you have an AP, the discount is good, $30.00 less than regular price. Would I recommend this event, 100% yes!!!

More pictures of the night cont in the next post!!!!
So, I would love to do this, But I am not sure we could do it yet with the girls being so young still. Unless it was our last day or something.

This photo almost made me cry! It is a great photo and what a great trip for the two of you to enjoy together before she left for school!

It won't post my quotes :sad:

You were troopers at After Hours, if it was me there would be a Weekend at Bernie's situation with me propped up and being carried :rotfl: I hope there's one the first week of May though, I'll make the effort to stay up late.

I love the lantern pictures so much!

I want to do DAH so bad but so far it hasn't been offered during our trips :( Despite being tied you guys look like you really had fun!

I'm so bummed you didn't have a great experience at WL, as you know it's my favorite resort! But, we've never been that close to WCC and I can see how the noise would be annoying. Glad Disney did right by you and you were happy with your move :goodvibes

Joining in, what a crazy first day for you!
:welcome:Thank you for joining! It was an interesting experience!

I just realized that you had this trip report started! I need to catch up but just wanted to say I am here!
:welcome:So glad to have you joining in!

Following - love the Chick-Fil-A (aka "Chick") talk - it is a Saturday morning ritual down in these parts :worship: - saw a comedian recently signing a song about "Chick" and it was so funny (and true). Sorry you had to move, but it definitely could be worse (we got that move too once for construction). Cannot wait to read more!
:welcome:So many Chik fans out there! Thank you for joining in. I was glad we were moved!

I love her shirt! Where did she get it?
She got it on our February trip from Mouse Gears, I wish I would got this one so cute. It was still there in August.

have to assume your niceness and already offering to pay for the upgrade helped in that situation. Glad it worked out, even if it did take awhile to get it all situated.
I literally would have paid anything to get away from the WCC, so loud

We love WL but we have never had a room in the main area. We have always been away from the loudness.
It is a beautiful resort, I just think standard rooms are now only the interior ones, closest to the restaurant and lobby.

Good Luck to Andi!!!! I feel like, that is what will happen to Andy and I drop one of the girls off. Andy will cry and I will keep it together. (until we leave)
It was hard, I knew if I cried much and carried on Andi would have cried! Joe cries all the time, lol!

This sounds actually kind of good. We haven't eaten at Cosmic Ray's yet. But I think we want to try the Pork Belly burger while we are on the dinning plan.
This burger was so good for QS. The place was mobbed that evening!

So, I would love to do this, But I am not sure we could do it yet with the girls being so young still. Unless it was our last day or something.
I highly recommend this hard ticket event, it is so worth it. The drinks alone add up quickly since so expensive in the parks!

This photo almost made me cry! It is a great photo and what a great trip for the two of you to enjoy together before she left for school!
Ahh Thank you, I’m so glad we did this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!