“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Nice pic of Andi and her roomie. Best of luck to her!!

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear your bad luck continued in the park between the mess at Cosmic Rays and your anytime FP being used!

I've always wanted to watch the fireworks while on Dumbo! Great pics from the evening so far!

Hi Everyone

We brought Andi to college today, it went really well overall. My husband cried more than me, he always does, ha, ha! I tried to hold it together and focus on how exciting it is for her to start this new chapter.

This is her roommate Ashley, a very nice young lady, she is also majoring in Spanish with a minor in Health Information. Their dorm is an immersion dorm for students studying Spanish, French, and International studies.
View attachment 347578
I will be back soon to get on with the first evening at DAH event!!

Lovely picture!! I can only imagine how you must feel going into her empty room......:hug: Think I told you we were lucky Kyle commuted to University.......I’d have been in bits if he had left!! But, hope she is enjoying her first weeks there.........

But, what a start to your trip!! Not the best........but glad you enjoyed the burger........love the pictures as always......

And glad to read trip gets better........:thumbsup2

Yay for Andi starting college! What an exciting time in her life! I give people all the credit in the world when they go away to college because I couldn't!

Ugh I know all too well how a crappy travel day makes you feel like the rest of the trip is just going to be not so great. At least the burger perked you up! I wish I had tried one of those because they looked pretty good! Especially for MK QS standards lol

I'm sure once you had a real nights sleep the trip was a lot better! But Im glad you made the best of your first day!!

You had me at Chick-fil-a. Following!
:welcome:Thank you for joining, Chik was yummy, wish we had more around us, for now I can only enjoy when traveling.

Nice pic of Andi and her roomie. Best of luck to her!!

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear your bad luck continued in the park between the mess at Cosmic Rays and your anytime FP being used!

I've always wanted to watch the fireworks while on Dumbo! Great pics from the evening so far!
:thanks: Her roommate is very nice. Cosmic Rays was mobbed and the poor fixings bar needed a refresh for sure, the burger was good. It was so fun to fly on Dumbo and watch the fireworks, I loved it!

Lovely picture!! I can only imagine how you must feel going into her empty room......:hug: Think I told you we were lucky Kyle commuted to University.......I’d have been in bits if he had left!! But, hope she is enjoying her first weeks there.........

But, what a start to your trip!! Not the best........but glad you enjoyed the burger........love the pictures as always......

And glad to read trip gets better....
I keep waiting for Andi to come down from her room and say hi mom what’s up, she has been texting me and doing well adjusting to dorm life so that is good.
The first day was not so great, the after hour event was fun! The QS burger was really good.

Ugh I know all too well how a crappy travel day makes you feel like the rest of the trip is just going to be not so great. At least the burger perked you up! I wish I had tried one of those because they looked pretty good! Especially for MK QS standards lol
Yes some travel days sure can be rough! It was slowly getting better as the night went on.
Andi is doing good so far with dorm living! I do miss her!:sad:

Day 1, Part 3....................Disney After Hours Event...........................

When I left off, DAH was just starting and the two of us were ready for it, except we were tired, not going to lie! We were taking pictures in TL. Space was down at this time.

7DMT at the start of this event sounds fun right? Our tired brains thought so, we walked over and it was busy, however, we showed our blue wrist band and went in the FP line, it was quick, the SB line was long with end of the night guests. We did get priority having the DAH bands so we rode again, no problem. We had so much fun, I was feeling better, less tired but very hot!
IMG_Sep32018at81431PM.jpg

WtP was next, fun bouncing with Tigger, Pooh, and friends. I was hot and thirsty, we walked toward the Tangled area to see if the Lantern pictures were available. The line was a little long, Andi jumped in line and I went to the snack cart by HM, the snack line was long, it did go fast because no payment was needed. I got 2 waters, 1Diet Coke and 1 Coke. I passed on ice cream at this time because I didn’t want chocolate on my face for the pictures.:P

We drank our water and soon it was our turn for the lantern pictures! I am glad we waited, the pictures turned our nice!
IMG_Sep32018at81524PM.jpg IMG_Sep32018at81454PM.jpg

It was time to head into Frontier Land for BTMRR, this had a small wait, moved fast, we decided to just ride once. It is so fun at night on Big Thunder, we were in the back and really whipped around!

Splash was next, it was working now and a walk on, it was fun except we got someone else’s picture, oh well! We only had one other group in our log! We didn’t even get wet! It would have felt nice on this hot night. We stopped for more soda and popcorn. We took a little break to enjoy this before we did PotC. There was only a few people in our boat! The couple behind us did a kiss for the photo:lovestruc
IMG_Sep32018at81551PM.jpg

It was finally time for some ice cream, yum! We both had a Mickey bar, I also picked up more soda and water. My backpack was getting heavy. We enjoyed our ice cream, it gave me a sugar buzz to keep going:rotfl:
IMG_Sep32018at82014PM.jpg IMG_Sep32018at82041PM.jpg

JC was next, walked on, had a fun skipper! We did magic carpets for the first time in forever. It was fun, I sure wouldn’t wait for this and with very few people riding it was fine.

We hit the hub and did some pictures, it was so nice to get up close to the castle without a ton of people. I also found the hub snack carts were very quiet, time for me to grab a few more sodas and water.
IMG_Sep32018at81918PM.jpg IMG_Sep32018at81947PM.jpg

My sugar buzz was rapidly leaving me now and I was starting to feel like a zombie :laughing:. We decided to do Buzz and the picture of me says it all:rotfl2:I don’t remember my score, I was so tired. We decided to call it a night at 12:30, we didn’t quite make it until the end.
IMG_Sep32018at81339PM.jpg

We did stop for a few more pictures with a fairly empty Mainstreet!
IMG_Sep42018at65025PM.jpg

We did have to take a bus back to GF and we did wait about 15 minutes. We stopped at the Poly first before GF.

We hit the bed around 1:30, room was cool, bed was comfortable and best of all no noise:faint:

A few observations of DAH, if you are full of energy there is absolutely no reason you can’t hit every ride in the park. Waits were all around 5 minutes or less for the rides. Space was down and we never did look to see if it was back up and running. The snack carts were all very busy, this was were we waited the most, not more than 10 minutes though. All carts we stopped at were fully stocked and had everything available. I was able to bring 4 Diet Cokes and 4 waters back to the room, plus we each drank a water and soda. That is a total of 8 drinks and with Disney prices this makes it a good deal! The park was not empty but it was as close to empty as you will ever get. Way less people than the parties and less than EMH. I saw people without wristbands and lanyards still wondering around the park at midnight. CM’s were checking the wrist bands so I don’t think the people hanging out were getting on any rides. If you have an AP, the discount is good, $30.00 less than regular price. Would I recommend this event, 100% yes!!!

More pictures of the night cont in the next post!!!!

Caroline, the pics of you and Andi are priceless!!!! I really like the lantern pictures! And, I can't wait to hear more about your trip. Keep the reports coming...

Beautiful lanterns shot! I love that this is offered, such a unique photo!

Cute pics with your Mickey bars! I would have been like you and stuffing my backpack full of beverages!

Love the pics up close in front of the castle, that's a really great vantage point!

You guys got a lot done, even if you didn't stay the whole time! I am sure by the end you guys were dead!

I'm glad to hear it's a good event and that you guys enjoyed yourselves!

Looks like you had a great DAH night!! I wish we would have been able to get as many drinks as you because the only part I didnt like was the fact that I was so thirsty the whole night and it was HOT

Glad you were able to make it almost to the end though!!!

I just found your report. I love to read TRs about Mother-Daughter trips! On my last trip, I had four days with just my daughter and I before my son and bubby joined us. It was lots of fun.

I am sorry your first day was hectic and filled with lots of chaos but glad that you were able to switch to GF for the same price and had a nice quiet room the rest of your trip.

Love the lantern photos and the ones of the two of you in front of the castle at night.

Looking forward to read more about your adventures.

Our tired brains thought so, we walked over and it was busy, however, we showed our blue wrist band and went in the FP line, it was quick

Oooh I heard about this trick, but never actually used it! So cool!

img_sep32018at81454pm-jpg.348437

Great lantern photo! Also love the one you posted later with you and Andi looking at each other!

Cutest pirates!

We did magic carpets for the first time in forever. It was fun, I sure wouldn’t wait for this and with very few people riding it was fine.

This is one of my favorite things to do when there's no line, easily my favorite spinner!

time for me to grab a few more sodas and water.

Doing it right! :thumbsup2

This is great! Looks like you're the only ones there!

Hi Caroline :wave2:

We were exhausted so we wanted to take a rest and oh my it was so loud in our room. We were directly above the WCC restaurant. We could hear clapping and whooping like it was right next to us. The noise from the large open lobby was also very noticeable! I don’t like to complain and have never requested a different room but I knew this was going to drive me crazy.
Oh no, been there done that.

:cheer2: By 5pm we were checking into our new room 5218 Sago Cay.
Yay glad it was quite and comfortable plus I would consider it an upgrade from WL.

I forgot how convenient it is to jump on the monorail and be in MK within 5 minutes, wonderful!
Love that about it.

I love this picture.

Sounds like a rough start to your Disney adventure but looks like things turned around. Thank goodness.

Cute pics with your Mickey bars! I would have been like you and stuffing my backpack full of beverages!
Love a Mickey Bar, It tasted so good on the hot night!

I'm glad to hear it's a good event and that you guys enjoyed yourselves!
Despite being tired it was really fun and the low crowds was so nice for a change!

Looks like you had a great DAH night!! I wish we would have been able to get as many drinks as you because the only part I didnt like was the fact that I was so thirsty the whole night and it was HOT
Disney must have learned from your DAH, every snack cart had full supplies of drinks. It was so hot that evening!

I just found your report. I love to read TRs about Mother-Daughter trips!
:welcome:Thank you for joining in! We have had great mom and daughter trips! My husband would never travel to Florida in August, lol! Son is to cool for Disney, can you believe that!

Oooh I heard about this trick, but never actually used it! So cool!
This worked great for 7DMT otherwise I don’t think we would have waited!

Great lantern photo! Also love the one you posted later with you and Andi looking at each other!
Thank you, I have been trying to get this picture for the last 3 trips and never did! Glad we waited, this was the longest line we waited in, about 15 minutes at least.

This is one of my favorite things to do when there's no line, easily my favorite spinner!
I really liked it, we haven’t been on this since Andi was 5, a long time!

Yay glad it was quite and comfortable plus I would consider it an upgrade from WL.
:welcome:Glenda! Yes our room was just to loud at WL otherwise I would have loved to stay there. GF was nice and quiet for resting even during the day!

Congrats on the upgrade to GF! My mother and I were in Sago Cay in 5305 over Labor Day Weekend! Such a great location! Totally a quiet location!

After that long of a day, go you for making it through Disney After Hours! I would have been a zombie! It was available on our arrival day but I was too worried about that with having been at work all day. Would have been nice to do more of MK that way! Smart move on getting extra sodas for the week! Should have brought a bigger backpack to get some more ;)

DAH sounds awesome. Hope to make it one some day .

PS how is empty nesting going ?
DAH is really a good event, the ability to do so many attractions without tons of people is so nice.
I really miss Andi, my husband and I are trying to get use to empty house, very weird! One plus is i can be as noising as I want in the early morning now. LOL! Thanks for asking!

Found your new TR!

Wow, I think you had an even rougher travel day than I did. I had a similar issue with noise at All Star Movies. I really should have asked for a different room but I didn't get in my room till 1 am the first day and just didn't want to deal with moving once I was settled.

I loved reading about your DAH. I really wish I could have fit it in my schedule because I think I would have enjoyed it more than the EMM I did. EMM was fun but having access to all the rides rather than just a few in Fantasyland would have been awesome. I hope to do that event sometime in the future if they continue to offer it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter