“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

The stretchy burger was really good, we each had one since we were starved! It had a nice garlic ranch sauce on it, mozzarella sticks, bacon, and more cheese. The brioche bun was actually very good for Disney!
We had a couple of these during our trip, so good!

We were about 5 minutes past our HM FP as we headed over there. I thought we were fine because of the grace period, right? Oh no, our anytime FP was used instead,
We heard about this from a CM this trip, and had to be careful to not be late to a few of our FP's. It sucks that you don't still get the grace period when you have anytime FP. But I'm glad you enjoyed HM and a few other rides before DAH

I agree I tweak before and during, ha,ha!
When you live up in northern Minnesota our pickings are slim for popular places to eat, we don’t have a chik within a 100 miles from here, bummer I know.
I am so glad it worked for us, I know we would not have been happy at WL with the two rooms we were offered.

Following along. We live in N. Minnesota, too, and have never tried Chick Filet :)
We take the 5am flight out of our small airport, then get a connector to MCO. We start our day at 3am too, so we can get to the airport.
I would be very tired and frustrated with WL, too.
Hope you have a great time at WDW!

It is time for a new and exciting TR from Caroline and Andi! We are a mom and daughter traveling duo. We have made Disney the #1 destination in our travel
adventures, I mean why wouldn’t you, right? :thumbsup2

I am the mom (Caroline) and I write all the TR’s and DR’s, all can be found in my signature.
Andi reads along and sometimes comments, she is @JuniorSkipper on the boards.

This trip was to celebrate several bittersweet things, such as, Andi is heading off to college on 9/1/18:sad:. This is a new chapter in her life and it is a new chapter in our lives (empy nest parents now). I also celebrated my July Birthday on this trip, this is definitely bittersweet the older I get.:rotfl:

This trip started very rocky and became very wonderful shortly thereafter. I hope you all join in to hear about this hotter than Hades trip! We did a few new to us things, some old favorites, and came close to several Dis meets, managed one!

Here we are!
View attachment 346270

Stay tuned for Part 1 of the first day, “Whooping, oh no!”

So happy to read this. I just returned from a mother daughter trip with my 9 year old daughter and hope to have many more with her. Actually trying to figure out how we can go back in January. The memories we made down there were priceless. :)

Hi Everyone

We brought Andi to college today, it went really well overall. My husband cried more than me, he always does, ha, ha! I tried to hold it together and focus on how exciting it is for her to start this new chapter.

This is her roommate Ashley, a very nice young lady, she is also majoring in Spanish with a minor in Health Information. Their dorm is an immersion dorm for students studying Spanish, French, and International studies.
View attachment 347578
I will be back soon to get on with the first evening at DAH event!!
Hi Everyone

We brought Andi to college today, it went really well overall. My husband cried more than me, he always does, ha, ha! I tried to hold it together and focus on how exciting it is for her to start this new chapter.

This is her roommate Ashley, a very nice young lady, she is also majoring in Spanish with a minor in Health Information. Their dorm is an immersion dorm for students studying Spanish, French, and International studies.
View attachment 347578
I will be back soon to get on with the first evening at DAH event!!
So glad she is happy and settled! We moved Jack in today and he texted me saying he is having a great time!

I'm back again and caught up again! I can't believe how much you had going on that day! I hope you still got to enjoy DAH. And how exciting that Andi's off to college! Sending her good vibes for a great year!

Their dorm is an immersion dorm for students studying Spanish, French, and International studies.

Aww sounds like a rough day for you guys. Andi's dorm sounds really neat though!

even the music was different, threw me off some!

It threw me too! Changed the whole vibe of Tomorrowland

Oh no, our anytime FP was used instead, was I surprised? Heck no, it was just the way our first day was going.

What?? There's even supposed to be a 15 minute grace period after the FP is technically over, how frustrating!

it was really fun to see the fireworks while flying on Dumbo.

That sounds amazing!

img_sep22018at84054am-jpg.347679

It is amazing! So fun!

Can't wait to read if you enjoyed DAH! Hopefully you guys were able to stay awake, ride all the rides, and stuff yourselves with treats!

It is sinking in this morning, not having Andi upstairs in her room. :sad:

:hug: I cannot even imagine. I would be in your same boat next year, but I think Nicholas is going to commute to a state university near us. Now in three years when Allie goes off, I'm sure I'll be a wreck :sad:

I know it was my own fault for planning so much in the first day with a wake up time of 3:00am,

The flights for next April were just released this past week from SW and I booked us on a 5 am flight down. It was either that or 1 pm and since we are only spending three days in WDW before our cruise, I figured I want the whole day there. I hope I don't regret that!
We'll be leaving our house at 3 am too :scared1:

We headed into MK around 7pm, I forgot how convenient it is to jump on the monorail and be in MK within 5 minutes, wonderful!

That's the best!

The Incredible presence in TL was evident, even the music was different, threw me off some!

I kind of hope that's all gone by the time Mike and I get there in October. I like the regular vibe of TL.

I finally asked and showed my receipt and whoops they forgot about ours! Par on for our day so far, didn’t surprise me.

Oh, no!

Streak of bad luck continues, ha! We were about 5 minutes past our HM FP as we headed over there. I thought we were fine because of the grace period, right? Oh no, our anytime FP was used instead,

Oh, that's terrible! When we had those extra fastpasses from the cruise, the guy warned us that if we were outside our FP window at all, they would take those first. It's kind of a pain because you have to be really mindful of not being even a couple minutes before or after your window.

This ride put me in a wonderful mood, yay!

After the day were having, you needed that!

Woo! My favorite resort!!
I have read so many awesome things about WL and the resort is so beautiful! The rooms were cute although somewhat dark and dated. I think we were victims of the room category now. The area I requested even number on 6th flooor has now become nature view with fireworks, it had been standard so I think if I do try to stay there in the future I will request the nature view for sure. I think the only standards now are close to both restaurants!

We were at MSP in July - our stopover from home to San Francisco. Chick-fil-a is a way of life down here where we live, and we still ended up there when at the airport, LOL!! I get burned out on it a lot b/c it's so popular here...like, if you're ever somewhere here when something is catered, no matter how fancy everything else is, there's always chick-fil-a trays too :rotfl:

The lemonade though, yum! I never get tired of it!!
It was a treat for us since we don’t have any around here, my son lives in Grand Forks, ND for college at UND and they jus got a chik and he is so happy!

I am so sad the WL didn't work out (because I looove it), but what an awesome switch!!
I wanted to eat at Geyser Point and get a magic bar and didn’t do either, bummer!

It was a mob scene in Cosmic Rays yuck! The burger was good at least!

Ok, you guys had way more than your fair share of bad luck so far on this day!! Hopefully it is all just on this one day and the rest of the trip is smooth sailing!
I know it was a rough day, the trip gets better I promise!!

What an exhausting first day...I can't wait for the next update...Hopefully, things got a lot better...
It sure was and I am tired just reliving it! It gets better for sure!

Following along! Excited to see how yall survive the august heat
We have been down in August now for the past 4 years and it can be trying! This year hit me more for some reason, not sure why! More humid maybe!

We had a couple of these during our trip, so good!
I was pleasantly surprised, we had burgers twice this trip from QS and both were really good and fresh, didn’t taste like they had been sitting around for ever!

We heard about this from a CM this trip, and had to be careful to not be late to a few of our FP's. It sucks that you don't still get the grace period when you have anytime FP. But I'm glad you enjoyed HM and a few other rides before DAH
I didn’t realize if you have an anytime FP, your grace period goes away, Andi said they are going to use our anytime FP because we are late and I kept telling her no we have a grace period, I should listen to the 18 y.o. At Disney she does know best, lol!

Following along. We live in N. Minnesota, too, and have never tried Chick Filet :)
We take the 5am flight out of our small airport, then get a connector to MCO. We start our day at 3am too, so we can get to the airport.
I would be very tired and frustrated with WL, too.
Hope you have a great time at WDW!
:welcome:Thank you for joining in. We always fly out early as well so if we have to get to Minneapolis it is a 3am wake up for sure. We could use some better fast food places here for sure!

So happy to read this. I just returned from a mother daughter trip with my 9 year old daughter and hope to have many more with her. Actually trying to figure out how we can go back in January. The memories we made down there were priceless. :)
:welcome: Thank you for joining in. Andi and I have been going to WDW together since she was 9! I have some awesome memories of our trips together. We started going once a year and increased to 2-4x a year, lol!

I'm back again and caught up again! I can't believe how much you had going on that day! I hope you still got to enjoy DAH. And how exciting that Andi's off to college!
Sending her good vibes for a great year!
:welcome:Hi Meghan, glad to see you joining in, hope your trip was awesome! :thanks: For the good vibes for Andi, I keep thinking she is upstairs in her room and will be down any minute:sad:

Made it on to page...... 4??? :duck: Here now and going to catch up :car:
Hi Ariane, :welcome:, glad to see you joining in:flower1:

Following along. I'm tired just reading about your first day!
:welcome:Thanks for joining in, I am tired writing about it:faint:

Just got caught up, following along! :wave2:
Hi Raeven, :welcome: glad to have you joining in :flower1:

Aww sounds like a rough day for you guys. Andi's dorm sounds really neat though!
I was strong, my husband was weak, lol! She has text me pictures of their room set-up and she says she has met some very nice people so far! That is good! I sure miss her, thank goodness I have 3 dogs to keep me busy, oh yes and my hubby:rotfl:

It threw me too! Changed the whole vibe of Tomorrowland
It was so odd, I enjoyed it some but prefer the regular TL music!

What?? There's even supposed to be a 15 minute grace period after the FP is technically over, how frustrating!
I guess if you have an anytime FP you can’t be late at all:confused3

That sounds amazing!
We have been on 7DMT during fireworks, Dumbo was better, I thought. It was making my mood better for sure!

Can't wait to read if you enjoyed DAH! Hopefully you guys were able to stay awake, ride all the rides, and stuff yourselves with treats!
It was tough to be totally honest, we did have fun and made the most of it!

I cannot even imagine. I would be in your same boat next year, but I think Nicholas is going to commute to a state university near us. Now in three years when Allie goes off, I'm sure I'll be a wreck
It was hard, she is just under 3 hours away so not bad, it is definitely an adjustment for Joe and I, empy nest, not a fan! I did dream a few nights ago I was having a baby, lol! When I woke up, I was really glad it wasn’t true, haha!

The flights for next April were just released this past week from SW and I booked us on a 5 am flight down. It was either that or 1 pm and since we are only spending three days in WDW before our cruise, I figured I want the whole day there. I hope I don't regret that!
We'll be leaving our house at 3 am too
We get the best prices for early flights and if we can’t fly from our small airport it is a 3 hour drive to Minneapolis. It is nice to have a 1/2 day or more at Disney even if tired.
I kind of hope that's all gone by the time Mike and I get there in October. I like the regular vibe of TL.
I think it was ended now after Labor Day, only a summer thing.

Oh, that's terrible! When we had those extra fastpasses from the cruise, the guy warned us that if we were outside our FP window at all, they would take those first. It's kind of a pain because you have to be really mindful of not being even a couple minutes before or after your window.
I didn’t realize that, oh well lesson learned, it was okay we rode many rides that night so no biggie.

After the day were having, you needed that!
PPF always makes me so happy, such a Disney classic dark ride, love it!

So glad she is happy and settled! We moved Jack in today and he texted me saying he is having a great time!

Thank you! She is sending texts that show she is having fun getting to know the kids in her dorm and checking out the campus! Glad your son is enjoying his move as well! Here is to them staying safe and happy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!