“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Our plan was to try a new place at DS, this place was new to us and new to DS. It had just opened a few weeks before. Can you all guess? It was The Chicken Guy! This is a Guy Fieri QS restaurant.

I want to try this place!! DH said no to it in August, since we were on the QSDP, said we'd do it when not on the DP. So hopefully next year :goodvibes
Glad to hear you enjoyed your meals!

The Chicken Guy

I really want to try this place! It smelled so good every time we walked by last month. And as you might know, I am a chicken tender connoisseur. :rotfl2:

There were so many cute outfits in the Disney Style store.

I probably could have spent several month's worth of salary in that store. I managed to restrain myself and just came out of there with one shirt that I'm saving for May.

I was going to ask how it was possible your FP day was so much sooner than mine, but then I saw your last sentence! Good luck, your plans sound great!

Sounds like a nice meal at the Chicken Guy!

OoOO yay, spontaneous MNSSHP purchase!

Funny thing is the order line was quite short so we did it the regular way, we ended waiting with our receipt forever! Finally a CM asked me what we were waiting on and we got our tart!

Oh jeez, sometimes you have to wonder what is going on at some of the Quick Services! My sister and I had the same thing happen to us at Cosmic Rays, we figured we'd just wait in line but that ended up being a mistake!

Also what is the advise from Lesley Wake!?? I need to know! I was so confused why youd be booking already! haha

And I love split decisions like buying the MNSSHP tickets! What a great on the whim purchase!

Last edited:

I still haven’t seen this movie yet, I need to get it on DVD!
img_nov132018at80907am-jpg.364787
I still haven't seen it either. My family was going to watch this past weekend, but never did. I didn't hear a whole lot about the movie, it is was good or not. I'm sure we'll see it fairly soon.

I really want to try this place! It smelled so good every time we walked by last month. And as you might know, I am a chicken tender connoisseur.
I think you would really enjoy it, the chicken strips and sandwich were really good! I know from your reports this is a favorite of yours.
I probably could have spent several month's worth of salary in that store. I managed to restrain myself and just came out of there with one shirt that I'm saving for May.
I agree so many cute things. I saw several outfits for MNSSHP but I decided against it! I restrained myself, haha!

I was going to ask how it was possible your FP day was so much sooner than mine, but then I saw your last sentence! Good luck, your plans sound great!

Sounds like a nice meal at the Chicken Guy!

OoOO yay, spontaneous MNSSHP purchase!
Ahh Thanks, I really want SDD earlier in the trip so hope it works
Chicken Guy was a good choice, very tasty.
We were lucky we didn’t wait much longer because it did sell out!

Oh jeez, sometimes you have to wonder what is going on at some of the Quick Services! My sister and I had the same thing happen to us at Cosmic Rays, we figured we'd just wait in line but that ended up being a mistake!

Also what is the advise from Lesley Wake!?? I need to know! I was so confused why youd be booking already! haha

And I love split decisions like buying the MNSSHP tickets! What a great on the whim purchase!
Same thing happened to us at Cosmic Rays! Order line was quick but our food just never showed up, everyone around us did!
Nothing earth shattering, haha!
The party decision sure was a whim, glad we did.

I still haven't seen it either. My family was going to watch this past weekend, but never did. I didn't hear a whole lot about the movie, it is was good or not. I'm sure we'll see it fairly soon.
I heard good reviews overall, a feel good movie for sure!

Hello Everyone!

We had a nice relaxing afternoon cooling down and taking a nap. Originally we had an ADR for Chefs de France and Andi wasn’t feeling this. She was in the mood for guacamole and chips so a few days earlier I switched the ADR to San Angel Inn.

We boarded the monorail and made our trip over to Epcot. The park had low crowds this evening, yay! It was time for our SE FP so we jumped in line for our slow moving journey. I was glad we got on today because SE was down a fair amount during our trip.

I made us another FP for LwtL during our wait for SE. We enjoyed SE as always! A little fact, Andi had been able to answer several trivia questions at school because of this ride! So, don’t feel bad if you pull the kids out of school for a WDW Trip!:love: It was time to check out Club Cool and Mouse Gears before going to The Land. The sticky floor in Club Cool grosses me out but still fun to go in there each trip. Andi found these cute Coco ears in Mouse Gears!
IMG_Nov132018at42401PM.jpg
LwtL was a walk on, we used our FP anyway so we could make another. We had a fun ride as always! It is so interesting how certain rides at Disney never get old or boring, this is one of many that fit this category for me.
IMG_Nov132018at41836PM.jpg
Finding Nemo was our next FP, again a total walk on, it sure is dark in there when the sun is so glaring outside. I was feeling unsure of my way and hoping I wouldn’t trip or bump into something!
IMG_Nov132018at41914PM.jpg
Another fun ride, we checked out the aquarium for a little while before heading out to The WS. We had planned to make our way to Mexico. We had some time before our Reservation so it was time to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour, this is a fun ride that fits in my above category :thumbsup2 we spent some time looking at the gifts and the Coco area.
IMG_Nov132018at41947PM.jpg
It was time to check in for our dinner. It was really busy at the restaurant and a large family was making a scene. They were upset because it was past their reservation time and other parties were getting seated and they weren’t:eek: We tried to stay out of the way because it was so crowded around the little hostess area. We were seated fairly quickly, much to the dismay of the large family:confused3
IMG_Nov132018at42010PM.jpg
Our table was a tiny table for 2 close to the water and the pyramid. We did have people on both sides of us so a little claustrophobic but we liked it overall! We had a really nice waiter, he was efficient in this busy restaurant. We started with chips/salsa and the fresh guacamole and flour crisps, to look like chicharron (pork rinds). We really liked the chips/salsa and loved the fresh guacamole, very flavorful!
IMG_Nov132018at42033PM.jpg IMG_Nov132018at42120PM.jpg IMG_Nov132018at42058PM.jpg
We decided to split an entree and went with the Tacos al Pastor, this was marinated grilled pork, corn tortillas, with roasted pineapple, white onions, cilantro, and salsa verde. It came with a side of plantains. This was really good, the pork was tender and juicy, all the flavors were so good. The Mexican white cheese added a nice salty flavor which went well with the roasted pineapple. We ate most all of this, the black beans were very good as well. The waiter kept our ice water coming and did a nice job. He was attentive but not overbearing. The atmosphere was very enjoyable even with all the people in close quarters.
IMG_Nov132018at42154PM.jpg
We gave this two thumbs up for all parts of the meal! I was wanting a school bread from Norway before we left. I had to use the restroom and had Andi get in line for me. There was a temporary stand for the bakery since it was being updated. Thank goodness the school bread was available here! Andi is not a fan of this and didn’t want anything so I took my school bread and we decided to head back to the GF!
IMG_Nov132018at42215PM.jpg
We had a really nice laid back evening, the crowds were low in Epcot and the few attractions we did and the wonderful dinner really made it a nice time. I realized we didn’t get one photo pass picture today, oh well at least we have a million of them, :rotfl:
Full disclosure Andi found the Coco ears at DHS not Mouse Gears, the girl has a steel trap for a memory, doesn’t forget anything!

Food Totals for the day
Trolley Car Cafe=$11.00
Woody’s Lunchbox=$3.51
Chicken Guy=$19.69
San Angel Inn=$40.58
Norway=$3.75
Total=$78.53

Stay tuned for Day 7 another hot day in Florida! Epcot in the morning...............

Oh my gosh, I don't know how I got so far behind!!

I'm sorry you guys were dealing with such hot weather, ugh, but I like all the ways you dealt with it!! Philharmagic and Country Bears are always wins for me!!

Hmm...Chicken Guy might end up on our to try list.

I didn't quote, so this is a boring reply, LOL!!

Just caught up!

The crowd herding issue for Toy Story Land sounds much like what Toy Story Mania used to be like. I remember that being awful. Luckily for me Star Wars Land will be open when I next go so all the crowds will be running there so I should I have a straight shot at Toy Story Land. :laughing:

We've had days where our early morning park arrival doesn't work out at all and it's a big let down, glad SDD came up fairly soon!
Good luck with your FP's! I'm anxious to see if you got SDD at 9am the mornings you want it!

Looks yummy! Apparently there is a holiday tart out that is cranberry and apple. I may just have to try it!
Yes and it's on my list for next week for sure :thumbsup2

I went with the Big Bite B.L.A.T. This was a crispy fried chicken sandwich with crispy smoked bacon, lettuce, avocado crema, tomatoes, and buttermilk ranch. This was really good! I will say again, I am not a big fried chicken fan and I really enjoyed this.
That sounds good, and so do the tenders and all the different dipping sauces! I actually haven't considered this at all but since we're at SSR for part of our trip, I might check it out. I know Chris for sure would enjoy it.

Loved it, you both should definitely watch it :goodvibes

Tomorrow is my FP+ day for our January trip.
Yay! Good luck today! :thumbsup2

Alright let’s get back to the heat of August at WDW!
Yes, please. It's freezing here in New York and thinking of a nice Florida August heat makes me happy :laughing:

I am off work and it is like 5 degrees outside right now!
I guess you're experiencing the freeze, too ;)

LwtL was a walk on, we used our FP anyway so we could make another. We had a fun ride as always! It is so interesting how certain rides at Disney never get old or boring, this is one of many that fit this category for me.
Yes! I ride LWTL constantly! At least 3-4 times per trip :laughing:

time to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour, this is a fun ride that fits in my above category :thumbsup2
Agreed here, too.

Sounds like such a lovely, laid back evening at Epcot. :goodvibes

I was fascinated by LwtL on my very first trip when I was 9 years old. I can't explain why. I'm not a gardener or a farmer. But something captivated me then, and I still enjoy that ride today.

Tomorrow is my FP+ day for our January trip.

I think I'm late, but Good Luck! Hope you got everything you wanted!

Andi got the Three tenders which came with fries and a drink, we shared the fries, these were really good with the sauces and the seasoning on them. Andi really liked the chicken tenders.

I think I'm going to have to take my Allie here in April. Chicken tenders are one of the three things she actually eats :crazy2:

Stay tuned for our evening in Epcot! I will post that today since I am off work and it is like 5 degrees outside right now!
Brrrrr................

Ugh…we have winter fast approaching here in the Northeast as well…waiting on 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow night :sad:

We decided to split an entree and went with the Tacos al Pastor, this was marinated grilled pork, corn tortillas, with roasted pineapple, white onions, cilantro, and salsa verde. It came with a side of plantains. This was really good, the pork was tender and juicy, all the flavors were so good. The Mexican white cheese added a nice salty flavor which went well with the roasted pineapple. We ate most all of this, the black beans were very good as well. The waiter kept our ice water coming and did a nice job. He was attentive but not overbearing. The atmosphere was very enjoyable even with all the people in close quarters.
img_nov132018at42154pm-jpg.364994

We gave this two thumbs up for all parts of the meal!

We ate here years ago and it kind of fell of my radar. We're going to have to go back since I love Mexican food and your dinner looks delicious!

I was glad we got on today because SE was down a fair amount during our trip.

I've noticed that more and more plus the picture at the beginning only works half the time. I've read rumors that this one is going down soon for an extensive rehab and it seems like it needs it!

It was time to check out Club Cool

I tend to avoid this one, not because of the sticky floor, but because we have a much larger version with many more drink choices at the World of Coke here in Atlanta.

It is so interesting how certain rides at Disney never get old or boring, this is one of many that fit this category for me.

This one is the same for me! And for the life of me I can't figure out why. :rotfl2:I'm not into gardening at all but something about this ride just fascinates me.

it sure is dark in there when the sun is so glaring outside.

That line really is dark! My Mom used to have progressive lens and one time I had to lead her through that line because she was completely blind until her glasses changed. Not sure why we didn't just stop and wait for them to change before moving on as there was no line that day.

Andi is not a fan of this and didn’t want anything

I'm not a fan of school bread either. Well I've never tried it but I strongly dislike coconut :crazy2: so it's a no go for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts