“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Ok, so we had a similar experience a few years ago. Parents in the room next to us were SCREAMING at their loudly crying son and threatening him that if he didn't stop his behavior he was going to stay in the room all day, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...The yelling and crying went on and on and on, so Joe and I started banging on the wall (I know, not the best way for 2 adults to act, but we were trying to get a point across). Eventually, they quieted down and all left the room. Empty threats...:sad2: Like they were really going to keep the kid in the room all day, after the fortune they spent on their Disney vacation...

Love your morning at TSL!!!!
I just don’t get it, their is so little respect nowadays and parents often let their kids rule the roost and run wild! Literally! I don’t blame you for pounding on the walls, I would have too. At Disney, I don’t say much since it is just me and Andi, I don’t want to get beat up, lol!!
I was glad to spend a little more time in TSL!

Ugh! I hate this. I swear I had this kid outside my room at All Star Movies every night of my August trip. :rotfl:
It is so annoying, we heard them again that evening screaming around the lobby, it was so irritating. Thank goodness we didn’t hear them after this day!

The walk is crazy now! And I don't think it will get any better when the new bus stops open because they seem just as far away.
Andi was so mad about the walk, it was long! I hope it improves.

This part is definitely not fun but I'm not sure how Disney could control it any better. I got full on run over by a stroller in October.
It is like the running of the bulls, lol!

Whew! Glad it wasn't too long of a wait. And I have to agree with you here, I love SDD. As I get older, the more intense coasters get less and less enjoyable. SDD is a great alternative for my old aching bones
I am glad I got up early and waited because it was worth it to ride it 2x.
We spent a lot of time in the Standby line in October. I finally found one Hidden Mickey the second time we rode.
I love taking in this SB queue so many things to see. I am always on the look out for Hidden Mickey’s!

Glad you got everything in at TSL - makes that early morning a little more worth it! And Andi's tart looked excellent! A nice little treat.

But that screaming kids though...wow. I mean, I completely understand that kids have meltdowns on vacation sometimes and parents can only do so much. But this does not sound like that's what was happening here. Parents! Give your kid some boundaries! Woah! That's really not cool to the other people who have to listen to the kid screaming before dawn.
Hi Meghan, hope your studies are going well!
The raspberry tart was quite tasty
When I was on the bus with them, I got a good idea why the kid screamed all the time, parents totally ignored him, ugh! I was surprised the bus driver didn’t say something because the kid was out of control on the bus!

Glad you got so much done during EMH! Disney also didn’t think of the abbreviation for Aliens Saucers did they.

How fun to get to experience the front and the back so close together!
Thank you, it was fun to explore TSL and get on all 3 rides by 8am! I know the abbreviation is funny!
I did think the ride felt more exciting in the back so glad I got the front and back!

Gotta mobile order at Woodys! Will save you so much time!
Funny thing is the order line was quite short so we did it the regular way, we ended waiting with our receipt forever! Finally a CM asked me what we were waiting on and we got our tart!

Sounds like a good morning at HS! I'm glad it didn't take as long for the CM's to get SDD up and running this time.

I wanted to order from Woody's lunchbox to try it out, but DH didn't like anything on the menu, so we skipped it.
I was so happy SDD was up and running by 7:30! The tart was quite tasty, the crust was very flaky and added to making this yummy

I have received several endorsements on the cinnamon roll so I have it on the list for January!
Excellent decision :thumbsup2 You won't regret it!

I loved it and was glad I stuck out the wait for an extra ride on it.
I'm so glad that worked out! What a bummer it would have been had this happened TWICE!

the guy says “where is the big rollercoaster?” The girl says, “to the left by the Haunted Mansion” :rolleyes2:rotfl:
:rotfl2: Wrong park, lady :laughing: It's hard for us Disney fanatics to fathom mistaking the two, isn't it?!

so little respect nowadays and parents often let their kids rule the roost and run wild

I don't get it either. Parents need to get control and lower their expectations. I think people come to Disney (especially first timers)and really have no idea how big it is, how it works and how much planning goes into it to make it a good vacation. They try to get everything done in one trip, with no regard to how tiring it can be for little ones...You can't drag them from park to park with no breaks...You need to take it at a slower pace and let the little ones dictate what they can and can't do...Sorry, rant over...:ssst:

I don’t say much since it is just me and Andi, I don’t want to get beat up, lol!!

Joe and I just laugh at all the crazy, stressed out parents and are grateful we knew how to do it right when they were little...:P

Oh jeez, some people are clueless. So rude :(
So frustrating! This kid’s screaming was so irritating, like nails on a chalkboard yuck!

No! thank Goodness it started back up again!
I was so glad it wasn’t a really long wait, I was feeling a little deflated at first when the CM came around.

It's so much fun! I rode SDD 5 times and didn't even get one picture
Wow, how lucky yo ride 5x. I got 2 and thought that was great!

Early morning for you! That really stinks that SDD was having difficulties again, but glad it wasn't as bad of a wait. You had a pretty productive solo morning!

Sounds like fun when Andi met up with you! The treat from Woody's lunch box looks tasty!
It was worth the early morning wake up call. SDD is a really fun coaster!
I was happy to hit all 3 rides before 8am!

Is this not your preferred way to wake up :P So ridiculous what parents let their kids do. At that hour though I would have been my passive aggressive self and yelled out the door for someone to control their kid. Other parents love me
It was so loud and irritating! Ha I was so close to saying something on the bus, but didn’t want to get beat up, lol!

Oh no!!! 2 times in a row. That his horrible
It was a bad deja vu!

Glad you finally got on. Not gonna lie I'm upset you didn't get a ride photo cause I totally wanna see cranky lady.
I know, she was cranky looking all through the ride, haha!
We did this on our last trip because it was so dang hot we figured air conditioned wait would be worth it (even if it was over 20 minutes
This is one queue I don’t mind waiting a little while in, so many cute things to look at!

Clearly I was not paying attention as I recall no talking nor music
The aliens do a lot of oooh and aaaaah, during the ride and the music is really cute!

What is wrong with some people????
We were always made sure the kids were quiet and respectful when we traveled and in a hotel room, common sense people!!

There are too many people who think the rules do not apply to them!
It is amazing how many people in the parks do not think the rules apply to them!

Putting this on my list for December!
The SB queue at TSM is so fun

Looks yummy! Apparently there is a holiday tart out that is cranberry and apple. I may just have to try it!
I would try it, the crust was really delicious, a nice different snack!

We are constantly telling the girls to be quiet in the halls. Even in the afternoon, you never know who is trying to take a nap. It is just common curtousy.

You morning, does give me hope for our time at Disney. I am hoping to get all 3 rides in during EMH in Feb. Plus an extra ride on Slinky!
It definitely is common courtesy and the right thing to do! It was rather a rude awaking for many at 5:30am, yikes!
If SDD is up and running you should not have any problem getting all 3 rides in!

I always drove the rental car to DHS, but the entire parking lot was so messed up. Traffic cones and concrete barriers everywhere. That walk was crazy. I hope it's better now that the new entrance has opened.
I sure hope the walk is better on our next trip. It was really far!

Great that you stuck it out and got to ride. I really enjoyed it too. The ride photo seems to be a real problem with SDD. I hope it improves. My family did 3 rides total during our trip but only got half the pictures we should have.
We didn’t get any pictures at all for our two rides. I didn’t even know there was a photo-op until I was home and reading some TR’s.

I was interested in trying this. I really thought my girls would like it especially. But I never did. Good to know you enjoyed it though.
The tart was quite tasty. I would get it again!

Oh I feel your pain with noisy kids in hallways.....

I was that angry growling person when I went out into the corridor and told the parents exactly what I thought of their little darlings making such a racket.....they were actually shocked.....I don`t think they even considered they were allowing their kids to be inconsiderate...….someone opposite came out too......we never heard them again, but they were still there as we saw them in the lobby three days later...…..I`m very polite but firm when angry....lol.....and strangely my English accent gets very pointed....despite being Scottish.....lol

You had such a good day again!! Raspberry Tart looked good!!

Looking forward to seeing lunch at DS!
I am thinking of your wonderful accent in my head and I bet you always sound very polite and quite proper, lol!
I can’t believe how common courtesy is just lost on so many nowadays! So annoying!
The raspberry tart was simple with really good flavor
Stay tuned for the rest of this day, we tried something new to us in DS!

Excellent decision :thumbsup2 You won't regret it!
This big cinnamon roll will be a wonderful breakfast for us on our MK day!

I'm so glad that worked out! What a bummer it would have been had this happened TWICE!
I agree so glad it wasn’t a repeat of the first day at DHS.

Wrong park, lady :laughing: It's hard for us Disney fanatics to fathom mistaking the two, isn't it?!
It is so funny to hear somethings people say at the parks! I have heard people ask were Harry Potter World is at Disney, oh my goodness people, do some research before going on a trip!

I don't get it either. Parents need to get control and lower their expectations. I think people come to Disney (especially first timers)and really have no idea how big it is, how it works and how much planning goes into it to make it a good vacation. They try to get everything done in one trip, with no regard to how tiring it can be for little ones...You can't drag them from park to park with no breaks...You need to take it at a slower pace and let the little ones dictate what they can and can't do...Sorry, rant over...:ssst:

Joe and I just laugh at all the crazy, stressed out parents and are grateful we knew how to do it right when they were little...:P
I can’t agree more! We have witnessed such bad behavior on our trips. People are over stressed and push the kids to a point where bad behavior from all is inevitable! We didn’t go to WDW and USO until Andi was 5 and our son Jack was 10, perfect ages for a first trip, plus did I tell you my kids are perfect and really well behaved, lol! They really were laid back kids and very rarely did they have a tantrum! Andi made it so easy to travel with her that is one of the reasons we kept going to Disney together.

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow is my FP+ day for our January trip. Here are my notes for the trip and what we hope to accomplish!

January 2019 Disney World Plans

1/23. Arrive around 2pm, check in at AKL, MK in the evening.

Tony’s dinner at 6:10pm.

FP+ HM 4-5, BTMRR 5-6, 7DMT 7:30-8:30.

1/24. DHS morning, SDD 9-10, ToT 10-11, ST 11-12, Cape May Cafe at 6:05pm. Try for 4th FP+ at DHS or Epcot after the dinner. Fireworks either place.

1/25. Epcot in the am, FP+ 9-10 TT, 10-11 SE, lunch at Tangerine Cafe, FP for MK for evening, Storybook Dinner at 8:20pm.

1/26. DHS FP+ SDD 9-10, Frozen sing along 10-11, ToT 11-12 Lunch at 50’s Prime Time at 1:20. AK evening, try for FP, Satu’li Canteen for dinner.

1/27. AK FP+ FoP 10-11, Dinosaur 11-12, Safari 12-1, Sana’a lunch at 1:50pm. DS evening, QS dinner at Blaze

1/28. Epcot FP+ FEA 9:30-10:30, SE 11-12, early lunch in Mexico QS, FP at MK for evening, Plaza dinner at 5:55pm, DAH event from 8-11pm.

1/29. Boma at 9:30, FP+ AK FoP 11-12, Dinosaur 12-1, EE 1-2, Resort time in the evening, eat at Mara.

1/30 MK FP+ 9-10 7DMT, 10-11 BTMRR, 11-12 PoTC. Lunch then back to AKL for ME. Leave for airport around 2:20pm.

I will update this after tomorrow and let you all know how successful I was getting our FP+, wish me luck. I am using advice from @Lesley Wake in order to book FP earlier than the 60 day mark!

Alright let’s get back to the heat of August at WDW!
When I left off, Andi and I were waiting on a bus to DS at the Dolphin. It was a hot one today, no clouds, full sun, and temps to reach high 90’s! We had canceled our ToT FP since we had rode 2x the other day. I made us a FP+ for SE later in the day. We didn’t wait long for a DS bus and were on our way!
IMG_Nov132018at80454AM.jpg
We arrived at DS at around 11:00am. Our plan was to try a new place at DS, this place was new to us and new to DS. It had just opened a few weeks before. Can you all guess? It was The Chicken Guy! This is a Guy Fieri QS restaurant.
IMG_Nov132018at80814AM.jpg IMG_Nov132018at80529AM.jpg IMG_Nov132018at80556AM.jpg
It is located near Planet Hollywood. It had just opened for the lunch crowd so we got in quickly and placed our order. You order at the counter and they give you a buzzer. The speciality’s are chicken fingers! They have over 20 sauces to dip your chicken/fries in. We tried the Creamy Buffalo Sauce and Chipotle Ranch for dipping!

I went with the Big Bite B.L.A.T. This was a crispy fried chicken sandwich with crispy smoked bacon, lettuce, avocado crema, tomatoes, and buttermilk ranch. This was really good! I will say again, I am not a big fried chicken fan and I really enjoyed this.
IMG_Nov132018at80618AM.jpg IMG_Nov132018at80641AM.jpg
Andi got the Three tenders which came with fries and a drink, we shared the fries, these were really good with the sauces and the seasoning on them. Andi really liked the chicken tenders. I think the chicken is shaped like a hen, hard to tell in the picture.
IMG_Nov132018at80709AM.jpg
We give this place 2 thumbs up! The price, atmosphere, and food were all a hit! I would definitely go again and try a few more sauces. You get a choice of 2 sauces with the combo meal and can purchase more if you want.
IMG_Nov132018at80746AM.jpg
We did a little window shopping again today. We checked out the new Disney Style store, The Coke store, WOD, and a few other places. There were so many cute outfits in the Disney Style store. We hit our favorite store Uniqlo and spent some time browsing the Disney shirts.
I still haven’t seen this movie yet, I need to get it on DVD!
IMG_Nov132018at80907AM.jpg IMG_Nov132018at80843AM.jpg
We did not stay to long at DS, the full on sun was getting to us and I was tired after the early morning. We made our way to the bus area around 1pm. While we were standing there waiting, I asked Andi if we should do the first Halloween party the next night. The weather was looking good. There was no rain in the forecast for the next 24 hours just hot hot temps! She was all for it, the MNSSHP is our all time favorite party. I went online and there were still tickets available (it did eventually sell out). I bought our 2 tickets while we waited on the bus. We had planned to do EMH at DHS Friday evening but the party was now in its place.

The bus arrived and we headed back to GF for a nice rest and relax time before our evening in Epcot!

Stay tuned for our evening in Epcot! I will post that today since I am off work and it is like 5 degrees outside right now!
Brrrrr................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter