“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Hello Everyone,

When I left off, Andi and I had been hanging out at the Gorilla trail. We always enjoy the trails and spend time at each. I don’t mention Maharajah trail in my notes so I don’t think we did this one today. This is odd because I have no recollection of it either way:rotfl:

I know we started working our way towards Dinosaur and we walked pass the monkeys in Asia and they were howling and chanting something furious! I didn’t realize they did this. In all the times we have been in AK, I had not experienced this, very cool. We saw a pp cm in a new spot for us and stopped for pictures. He told me the cm’s start a noise for the monkeys and this is the result, loved it!
The pp cm was very friendly and took some nice pictures with Everest in the background.
IMG_Oct202018at65014AM.jpg IMG_Oct202018at64938AM.jpg

We had a Dinosaur FP and as we got closer found out it was down, we turned to leave and saw the cutest meet and greets happening! These were hidden a little and I could see how people would miss them. First up was the fashionista Daisey, showing off her Dinosaur accessories. Her wait was short so we jumped in line and had a fun meet with her!
IMG_Oct202018at65149AM.jpg

A little further down the path, Chip and Dale were meeting in there Dinosaur outfits, oh my so stinking cute!! This line was a little longer but not bad! It was really hot back there, wow! I had bought Andi and I portable fans from Amazon for this trip and I used mine many times, it was great!
I find with the Florida heat, it sneaks up on you, I can be walking and feel fine, then we stop and I feel really overheated! I loved my little fan, it was powerful, lightweight, and had a long lasting battery! Again, Andi was to cool to use her little fan, ugh!! Soon it was our time to meet the cutest chipmunks ever! We got so many cute pictures with these two, of course they loved Andi more than me, haha!
IMG_Oct202018at65122AM.jpg IMG_Oct202018at65045AM.jpg IMG_Oct202018at64443AM.jpg IMG_Oct202018at64914AM.jpg

We snapped a few more pictures as we headed out of Dinoland and back to Asia. It was time for our favorite restaurant! It was still fairly early around 11:30 and we were hungry. It was time to check in at Yak and Yeti, VIP style! With the Landry’s card, I just go in and ask for a table and boom! We are seated within 5-10 minutes. We were brought upstairs and had a nice spot to relax and cool off. The hostess told us the stairs in the restaurant are from a palace in India. The stairs were deconstructed and brought here and reassembled, very cool. Authentic Indian Palace stairs! We decided to share 3 of our favorite dishes here. First up was the Pork Pot stickers, pan seared, these were yummy and hit the spot! Nothing fancy but very tasty.
IMG_Oct202018at64613AM.jpg

Main course was the Chicken Tikka Masala, we always enjoy this, such delicious combination of spices, a little heat, and the sauce is so yummy. The jasmine rice and garlic naan bread are a perfect combo to soak up the sauce! This was very good today, as usual!
IMG_Oct202018at64517AM.jpg

We shared the delicious Fried Wontons for dessert, this is served with vanilla ice cream, vanilla and honey drizzle, and fresh pineapple and strawberries! Yummy! This is such a unique combination of flavors, you need to mix it all together to have the perfect bite.
IMG_Oct202018at64846AM.jpg

Our server was very good and I had $25.00 to use from my Birthday so this was a wonderful sit down meal at a QS price! For those of you out there, who don’t have a Landry card get one! You get your initial investment of 25.00 back on your first visit, you get priority seating, awesome service, points, and 25.00 every year for your birthday! A win win card for sure!

Stay tuned for more AK adventures coming up in the next post............................

img_oct202018at65149am-jpg.359501

I love Daisy, she is always so much fun. I haven't seen her dino outfit in pictures yet, she's adorable!!

this is my biggest "must meet" of our upcoming trip. Ever since the first promo pictures came out, I couldn't wait for it. They are too cute!! We're excited about Scrooge and Launchpad, too.

Yak and Yeti looks good! We finally have it booked for January - I've booked and cancelled before, but it's right up DH and the kids' alley, so I'm sticking with it this time.

Wow, what a great morning. Love those unique Dino meets - how cute are the characters all spiffed up??? I love Yak & Yeti. It's been popular lately in the TRs I'm following and we had dinner there a few weeks ago so I've been craving Asian something awful lately :) I love that Tikka, so delicious.

We love to listen to the gibbons when they get going! they are really playful for sure!

Chip n Dale are so cute in their Dino costumes.

I like the snowy picture with Everest in the background. I haven’t seen that one yet.

He told me the cm’s start a noise for the monkeys and this is the result, loved it!
The pp cm was very friendly and took some nice pictures with Everest in the background.
These are great pictures!

We had a Dinosaur FP and as we got closer found out it was down, we turned to leave and saw the cutest meet and greets happening! These were hidden a little and I could see how people would miss them. First up was the fashionista Daisey, showing off her Dinosaur accessories. Her wait was short so we jumped in line and had a fun meet with her!
Oh my goodness!!! This is the cutest! The Chip and Dale pics are so adorable too!

It was time to check in at Yak and Yeti, VIP style! With the Landry’s card, I just go in and ask for a table and boom! We are seated within 5-10 minutes. We were brought upstairs and had a nice spot to relax and cool off.
Awesome! I must get one of those cards. Your meal looks delicious!

I love Daisy, she is always so much fun. I haven't seen her dino outfit in pictures yet, she's adorable!!
Daisy was so cute and sassy in her Dino outfit and setting!

this is my biggest "must meet" of our upcoming trip. Ever since the first promo pictures came out, I couldn't wait for it. They are too cute!! We're excited about Scrooge and Launchpad, too.
You will love this meet, so fun and Chip and Dale are just so cute! I wanted to meet Scrooge and Launchpad but Andi thought they were creepy, oh man! Maybe next time I will meet by myself, lol!

Yak and Yeti looks good! We finally have it booked for January -
It is so good, I hope you all enjoy it!

Wow, what a great morning. Love those unique Dino meets - how cute are the characters all spiffed up??
It was so fun to meet the characters in Dino Land, loved it!

I love that Tikka, so delicious.
So yummy, really enjoyed it even on a hot day!

We love to listen to the gibbons when they get going! they are really playful for sure!
I thought this was so cool, surprised I haven’t heard them before.

Holy cow Caroline!!! We got pics with the Chipmunks too. I was sooooo excited when I saw them!!!
Me too!! Such a fun meet

Chip n Dale are so cute in their Dino costumes.

I like the snowy picture with Everest in the background. I haven’t seen that one yet.
They are the cutest!! Thank you, I love new picture locations.
Oh my goodness!!! This is the cutest! The Chip and Dale pics are so adorable too!
This was so fun even in the heat! It was so hot this day and no clouds at all!
Awesome! I must get one of those cards. Your meal looks delicious!
Yes get one so worth it, we only use it at Disney and still worth it.

Hey Everyone,

I thought I would finish up this day! After our delicious lunch, we headed towards Everest. I had FP+ for Andi since she loves this ride. I don’t enjoy it, makes me so anxious so I skip nowadays. Andi said she was to full to seek out the Yeti today so she passed on it.

We walked around some and had a few more pictures done with the Tree of Life in the background.
IMG_Oct212018at104615AM.jpg IMG_Oct212018at104554AM.jpg IMG_Oct212018at104529AM.jpg
Today was very hot, not super humid just hot, no clouds at all so straight on sun! We made our way back to Dinoland and the ride Dinosaur was back up so we went on with our anytime FP. Love this ride, check out all the posers on the photo, I guess everyone is getting the memo for ride poses! I noticed more cranky people in line today, some people very paranoid about anyone getting in front of them, yikes! A family of 4 were actually blocking the stairs the whole way down all the way across:confused3 it was odd. The funny thing is we get down behind them and the cm says “party of two” so we got to bypass them anyways:rotfl:
IMG_Oct212018at104647AM.jpg

It was just about time for our FoP FP so we headed over there, we stopped in the gift shops along the way to browse and cool off. I noticed Disney was big on bundle prices this trip especially with certain T-shirt’s and plushies. We didn’t see any purchase with purchase deals this August. We usually always do this and none this trip:sad:

We had a wonderful ride on FoP, 2nd one of the trip already:cheer2: We were definitely ready to head back to the resort after this. Many had the same idea, first time we had to stand on the bus. Once back to GF we went to take a little rest. We enjoyed the aircon and watched some 90’s sitcoms.

The weather was predicting thunderstorms for the evening and we felt wiped out from all the sun earlier. Our original plan was Epcot for the evening with an ADR at Spice Road Table for Illuminations. We had made a 4th FP for Soarin again and again we nixed it! I went on the app and found a Kona cafe for 7:30pm so I tried to switch to this and it wouldn’t let me, I had to call. I called and was able to switch to Kona and cancel SRT.

We were able to walk over to The Polynesian before the skies opened up! Wow did it storm and rain!
IMG_Oct212018at104447AM.jpg
The Polynesian lobby was jammed packed with people getting out of the rain. The whole upstairs was people everywhere! We checked in, Kona was really busy so I thought we would have a wait but we actually got in within 5 minutes. Andi was tired and not real hungry and she was not pleased with the allergy menu. We asked if she could get a California Roll and the waitress went to check and said yes they could do that. It wasn’t on the allergy menu. I got the Grilled Chili-dusted Shrimp. I was surprised this is an entree because it is quite small. It was perfect for me, I loved the flavor and just the right size! The shrimp were on a bed of green with heirloom tomatoes, avocado, pickled onions, and cilantro. It had a creamy lemon vinaigrette drizzled over top! I really enjoyed this, the flavors were so fresh and tasty. Andi said her California Roll was just meh! I asked if we could have the bread pudding from Ohana for dessert, (thanks to the Dis, I knew it was possible) and our waitress said yes, they didn’t have the bananas in the sauce, odd but I believe it may have something to do with Andi’s allergies. The Kona was very conscious about Andi’s allergy. She has had it with the bananas and no worries, this was still very yummy! I did miss the bananas a little! Overall this dinner was just fine, Mine better than Andi’s. The place was super busy and crowded. We saw many a child sleeping at the table! We of course had a table within elbow length of another table, par for the course sometimes!

Kona Meal Pictures.
IMG_Oct212018at104723AM.jpg
IMG_Oct212018at104856AM.jpg IMG_Oct212018at104751AM.jpg IMG_Oct212018at104821AM.jpg

We were ready to head back to GF, it was still raining hard so we took The monorail back, very convenient and not a horribly long wait. We got back and a highlight of the long day was the pianist at the GF. He was playing a beautiful “Remember Me” from Coco. It was so beautiful, brought a tear to this tired lady!
upload_2018-10-21_10-51-49.gif

We really did enjoy this!

Time to wrap up this day! It was another fun Disney day in the books!

**FYI I was charged the cancellation fee for SRT even though I changed ADR’s, so always check your charge card statements. I emailed Disney and they saw the error and refunded my $20.00.

Food totals for today:

Starbucks=$10.50
Yak and Yeti=$32.46
Kona Cafe=$46.34
Total=$89.30.

Stay tuned for Day 5. The train is our friend when it is boiling hot out! MK morning.

The funny thing is we get down behind them and the cm says “party of two” so we got to bypass them anyways:rotfl:
Ha! Have seen people get mad about that as well. Oye.

I got the Grilled Chili-dusted Shrimp. I was surprised this is an entree because it is quite small. It was perfect for me, I loved the flavor and just the right size! The shrimp were on a bed of green with heirloom tomatoes, avocado, pickled onions, and cilantro. It had a creamy lemon vinaigrette drizzled over top!
That sounds delish. And nice and light.

That carmel sauce just makes me want to drool.

There was no availability at BC/YC resorts for our trip and I got this vibe from the TA, that I was bothering her to much, like I am a pain in her side:confused3 so I went on the Disney website and found a wonderful rate for AKL with the Visa promotion and booked this myself.
Awesome! I'd pick AKL over BC/YC anyday of the week so a double winner in my book!

Andi knew the answer to all of the questions, she was to shy to say out loud so I would shout the answers out and get high praise from the CM:rotfl2:He thought I was so Disney smart.

upload_2018-10-15_12-51-42-gif.358566
We had a bus driver who did the same thing and I whispered the answers to Casey. She was quite proud of her "win" but she didn't even get a sticker :-)

We only saw 1 gorilla on the trail and a hippopotamus’s butt in the water.
What do ya know, I love hippo butt :-)

Too cute!

We shared the delicious Fried Wontons for dessert, this is served with vanilla ice cream, vanilla and honey drizzle, and fresh pineapple and strawberries! Yummy! This is such a unique combination of flavors, you need to mix it all together to have the perfect bite.
img_oct202018at64846am-jpg.359507
I've never tired either of your other favorites but these are a thing of beauty. Sad thing is we are always too full to eat them!

We made our way back to Dinoland and the ride Dinosaur was back up so we went on with our anytime FP. Love this ride, check out all the posers on the photo, I guess everyone is getting the memo for ride poses!
When I actually know where the camera is (and this is one of the few I know) you can guarantee the memo is out !

I went on the app and found a Kona cafe for 7:30pm so I tried to switch to this and it wouldn’t let me, I had to call. I called and was able to switch to Kona and cancel SRT.
I didn't know they'd let you do this.

These both look great. Had no idea you could order the bread pudding at Kona. Sadly I've never tried it!

Food totals for today:
Starbucks=$10.50
Yak and Yeti=$32.46
Kona Cafe=$46.34
Total=$89.30.
You too certainly know how to eat good food for decent prices. I think most of our lunches are more than that :scared1:

Love this ride, check out all the posers on the photo, I guess everyone is getting the memo for ride poses!
That is hilarious. I love the folks in the back just casually drinking their waters. That poor family in the middle, I hope they weren't hoping to scrapbook this ride photo! hahaha

Once back to GF we went to take a little rest. We enjoyed the aircon and watched some 90’s sitcoms.
sounds heavenly to me!!

**FYI I was charged the cancellation fee for SRT even though I changed ADR’s, so always check your charge card statements. I emailed Disney and they saw the error and refunded my $20.00.
Yeah, I have had this happen even when I actually ate at the restaurant that charged me the cancellation fee (Hollywood Brown Derby)! They immediately reversed it! On this last trip we had a terrible time with MDE being inaccessible and I wasn't able to cancel a Kona reservation on time, and we missed it of course, but they didn't charge us. It seems to really be touch and go.

Total=$89.30.

I am so impressed with this, even my "budget" trips are often budget busters with the food we like!

Adorable photos with Daisy, Chip & Dale! Those costumes are just tooooo cute!

Hmmm you have me thinking I should sign up for a Landry's card since we will be going to Yak & Yeti in January!

Sounds like a nice end to the day!

Soon it was our time to meet the cutest chipmunks ever! We got so many cute pictures with these two, of course they loved Andi more than me, haha!
I was really hoping to meet the chipmunks on our trip. I thought the Dino bash costumes would be fun. Unfortunately we never did get around to it.

Main course was the Chicken Tikka Masala, we always enjoy this, such delicious combination of spices, a little heat, and the sauce is so yummy. The jasmine rice and garlic naan bread are a perfect combo to soak up the sauce!
I have never been to Yak and Yeti, but I love that dish. I used to work overseas and I would have Chicken Tikka Masala and naan bread at least every week.

We didn’t see any purchase with purchase deals this August. We usually always do this and none this trip:sad:
I didn't see it either. Good to know it wasn't just me.

Tracy, if you could have heard his voice and how he said it, it did crack me up! It is an encounter I guess but so funny!
:rotfl2: I only wish I could have heard it in person!

Love this ride, check out all the posers on the photo
Yes! I was just thinking - wow, no first-timers on this ride! :thumbsup2

I noticed more cranky people in line today, some people very paranoid about anyone getting in front of them, yikes!
Ugh! This annoys me to no end - especially because as a frequent solo tripper, a lot of people are just happy to run me over to ensure they beat me by two places in line and are seated on the same ride vehicle as me anyway :rotfl: I often just linger towards the back after the pre-ride video so I don't have to fight the insanity. Come on people, we're at Disney, let's just chill :laughing:

Lol.....love you got in front of the family hogging the path!

The food looks so good at both Yak and Yeti and Kona Cafe.......chilli dusted shrimp!!! Love the sound of that.....

And again your pictures are beautiful........:)

Ha! Have seen people get mad about that as well. Oye.
Some people are really possessive of the line, lol. We often get to move up to the ride when they call for a party of 2

That sounds delish. And nice and light.
The shrimp dish was very good, it was small but perfect for what I was looking for.

That carmel sauce just makes me want to drool
I agree, so delicious

Awesome! I'd pick AKL over BC/YC anyday of the week so a double winner in my book!
Thanks, I am really happy now with this choice, my sister will absolutely love it and has never been to this resort!

We had a bus driver who did the same thing and I whispered the answers to Casey. She was quite proud of her "win" but she didn't even get a sticker
I guess we were lucky to get the sticker:rotfl:

What do ya know, I love hippo butt :-)
I do too, I always look for it under the water on the trails, lol!

Too cute!
Thank you, the meet with Chip and Dale was so fun, their Dinosaur outfits were so cute!

I've never tired either of your other favorites but these are a thing of beauty. Sad thing is we are always too full to eat them!
The wontons are so yummy! We try to share our meal here so we can get these little beauties! Yummy!

When I actually know where the camera is (and this is one of the few I know) you can guarantee the memo is out !
Dinosaur is the only one I am not to afraid to pose for! Most others I am holding on for dear life, haha!

I didn't know they'd let you do this.
Yes, as long as you switch the adr for another one the same evening then you don’t have to pay the cancellation fee.
These both look great. Had no idea you could order the bread pudding at Kona. Sadly I've never tried it!
I didn’t either until I read on here you could ask for it, it is so good.

You too certainly know how to eat good food for decent prices. I think most of our lunches are more than that
Well with Andi I don’t order a cocktail and we often share and this keeps costs down. We try to stick to $100.00 per day for food and most of the time this works and we never deprive ourselves :bitelip: I’m excited to spend a little money on cocktails in May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts