“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

FoxC63

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the
“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Costumes & Guidelines
upload_2018-3-19_20-48-13.png

General

• Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
  • All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
  • Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
  • Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
  • Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
  • Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
For Guests ages 13 and under:
  • Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests ages 14 and older:
  • Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
  • Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g.,full-length Princess dresses)
  • Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
  • Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
  • Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
  • Masks of any kind may not be worn.
Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

On September 26, 2016 Disney Parks posted this cute and informative video, please use this as a guide.

***NEW***
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-costumes-guidelines.3671354/page-8#post-59148261"]Costume Links & Locations Post #156[/URL]

How to make a No-Sew Tutu

Please feel free to post pictures of your Halloween Costumes and Step-by-Step How To's, ask questions and offer suggestions in this fun and friendly thread!

Last edited:
Sweet! I'm pretty excited to come up with something for DH and I. Last time we went to MNSSHP it was 2009 and I just had matching shirts made for us. I'd like to dress up this time, but not melt since it will be mid-September :)

Sweet! I'm pretty excited to come up with something for DH and I. Last time we went to MNSSHP it was 2009 and I just had matching shirts made for us. I'd like to dress up this time, but not melt since it will be mid-September :)

One word - DisneyBounding!

Here are a TWO links to help get you started because it's super hot & humid in August & September:
Disney Bounding Boundries... and Do you DisneyBound?

Enjoy! :D

Last edited:

August, September and Early October Party Goers

Keep it light in weight and simple. As a seasoned seamstress I highly recommend lightweight fabric such as cotton, linen, chambray, seersucker, georgette and silk. Even lightweight wool is a good choice as it absorbs moisture and keeps your skin dry which is a plus in an air conditioned building. Here are a few examples:

upload_2018-3-19_22-35-16.png

So excited for our first MNSSHP! We’re going on 9/3. Now, I need to plan for costumes. Anyone have ideas? I’d love to do a family theme if possible! It’s me, DH, DD7, DD4 and DS2.

So excited for our first MNSSHP! We’re going on 9/3. Now, I need to plan for costumes. Anyone have ideas? I’d love to do a family theme if possible! It’s me, DH, DD7, DD4 and DS2.

Who are your favorite characters? With two DD's I'd recommend Frozen, DH can be Kristoff and you well... hmmm, all in white Olaf or Snowgies!

:tinker:Then there's Peter Pan you, DD's can be Wendy and Tinkerbell and DH John Napoleon Darling!

Who are your favorite characters? With two DD's I'd recommend Frozen, DH can be Kristoff and you well... hmmm, all in white Olaf or Snowgies!

:tinker:Then there's Peter Pan you, DD's can be Wendy and Tinkerbell and DH John Napoleon Darling!

Thank you for the ideas! Frozen’s not a bad idea. My girls have an Anna and Elsa costume and my son has an Olaf so I could do that for them and maybe something different for DH and I?

I thought of Peter Pan too. I would love my son to be Peter Pan, I could do Wendy and Tinkerbell for the girls but then what would I be? Lol!

My girls are into all things princess. I may have a prince and Flynn Rider costume for my son since we are doing those character meals and how cute, right? Decisions, decisions. Lol!

Thank you for the ideas! Frozen’s not a bad idea. My girls have an Anna and Elsa costume and my son has an Olaf so I could do that for them and maybe something different for DH and I?

I thought of Peter Pan too. I would love my son to be Peter Pan, I could do Wendy and Tinkerbell for the girls but then what would I be? Lol!

My girls are into all things princess. I may have a prince and Flynn Rider costume for my son since we are doing those character meals and how cute, right? Decisions, decisions. Lol!
You could be a mermaid for Peter Pan or Nana

That's a great idea!

This is our family for Peter Pan

11988582_10156420286995001_4331613964694014200_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!