“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

I've been waiting to get my red hoodie for my Coco costume just to see if it would go down in price, but today I noticed it is no longer available. In fact, every size of the red hoodie I had is sold out. So I looked for another red hoodie that I might like and holy cow was this a chore. Is everyone going as Miguel for Halloween?!?! I FINALLY found one that had 1 left in stock so I just bought it, but I didn't think it would be so hard to buy a red hoodie. Here's the one I ended up getting:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M32359G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

The color I ordered isn't even showing up anymore. I got one that just said "red" not the "flame red" one. I am just shocked how hard it was to get a red hoodie lol. We have the face paint ordered already so I'm all ready for my costume now. Dh hasn't decided if he will be painting his face.

I've been waiting to get my red hoodie for my Coco costume just to see if it would go down in price, but today I noticed it is no longer available. In fact, every size of the red hoodie I had is sold out. So I looked for another red hoodie that I might like and holy cow was this a chore. Is everyone going as Miguel for Halloween?!?! I FINALLY found one that had 1 left in stock so I just bought it, but I didn't think it would be so hard to buy a red hoodie. Here's the one I ended up getting:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M32359G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

The color I ordered isn't even showing up anymore. I got one that just said "red" not the "flame red" one. I am just shocked how hard it was to get a red hoodie lol. We have the face paint ordered already so I'm all ready for my costume now. Dh hasn't decided if he will be painting his face.

I know your plight isn't funny but I just cannot help it! :rotfl2:

We all want Miguel's Red Hoodie!
upload_2018-10-1_0-17-19.png :joker:

Lol apparently this is true

I rode that same boat earlier when the online store sold out of the burgundy fabric I wanted. I ordered the swatch, hand washed it, ironed it, tested the fabric with a lighter and my sewing machine found a few patterns and redrafted them to my size and ... gone!

April 6th: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-costumes-guidelines.3671354/page-3#post-59051463"]Pattern - Post #51[/URL]

Aril 9th: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-costumes-guidelines.3671354/page-4#post-59059831"]Getting my ducks in a row - Post #61[/URL]

June 4th: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-costumes-guidelines.3671354/page-13#post-59310520"]Found replacement fabric at Joann's - Post #258[/URL]

I believe the fabric sold out in May! Working with the new fabric was painful, so I tried a a copper color and now I've chosen yet another color, grey. Just bought it this weekend too. :sad2: It's not just you buddy. ;)

I rode that same boat earlier when the online store sold out of the burgundy fabric I wanted. I ordered the swatch, hand washed it, ironed it, tested the fabric with a lighter and my sewing machine found a few patterns and redrafted them to my size and ... gone!

April 6th: Pattern - Post #51

Aril 9th: Getting my ducks in a row - Post #61

June 4th: Found replacement fabric at Joann's - Post #258

I believe the fabric sold out in May! Working with the new fabric was painful, so I tried a a copper color and now I've chosen yet another color, grey. Just bought it this weekend too. :sad2: It's not just you buddy. ;)
I just didn’t know red hoodies were in such high demand. There must be a cult I’m not aware of

Hi All -
Here is my costume for 10/30. Bet you can't figure out who I am??!!
View attachment 352670

The Great Mouse Detective?

WoW!!! you look GREAT!

I love it!

Oh, come on! No one got it?!! @sherlockmiles you make a perfect Sherlock Holmes! The hat, cape style jacket, pipe and magnifying glass is spot on! :thumbsup2 But @Nornster you were pretty close and very clever! :cheer2:

Another thing, I created this thread but I never receive notifications it's been an ongoing issue. I think @sherlockmiles had the same issue, how did you get that fixed?

Here's ours from last year - This year it's just me & my oldest daughter...I think I will be making ears & a shirt on my Cricut......View attachment 341112

I know I already told you how much I like this photo and that has not changed. It's just pure sunshine! You all look so amazing and happy. It's a picture worth framing!

I love reading all of your ideas!! My family of 5 is going as Moana (dd4), Heihei (ds8), Tomatoa (ds10), Maui (DH) and Tefiti (me). I am putting some additional "light-up" and glow in the dark touches on our costumes for the 28th - I am so excited! It is our first mnsshp.

6F94D57A-3EAE-43B4-9916-7804B0D83136.jpeg BA21579E-1461-47C4-889F-651B43783C64.jpeg

These are last years costumes

Late to the group, but we are going to the Oct 19th party. I am doing a jedi costume for DH (tunic and pants), DD is going as Yzma, and I am either wearing my Her Universe Minnie Dress, or my Torrid NBC dress. Last year I wore minnie, Dh was Fergus, and DD was lady Hades.

Last edited:
View attachment 355880 View attachment 355879

These are last years costumes

Late to the group, but we are going to the Oct 19th party. I am doing a jedi costume for DH (tunic and pants), DD is going as Yzma, and I am either wearing my Her Universe Minnie Dress, or my Torrid NBC dress. Last year I wore minnie, Dh was Fergus, and DD was lady Hades.

OH. My. Goodness! You both look AMAZING! I wish I could give you mega likes! :love:

My red hoodie came in for my Miguel costume. It fits pretty well but it’s warmer than I thought it would be. I hope it cools down by October 23.

You and me both! The new fabric I purchased for my skirt is 97% cotton so it's pretty heavy, think cotton twill with linning and a crinoline slip. LOTS of layers! :crazy2:

You and me both! The new fabric I purchased for my skirt is 97% cotton so it's pretty heavy, think cotton twill with linning and a crinoline slip. LOTS of layers! :crazy2:
I’m not sure what I’ll be wearing under my red hoodie.

a tank top or something lighter if its still warm :rolleyes1
It’ll just ruin my whole costume lol. Miguel does wear a white tank top though under his hoodie. I forgot about that! I only have one white tank top and it’s a Pink Floyd one.

It’ll just ruin my whole costume lol. Miguel does wear a white tank top though under his hoodie. I forgot about that! I only have one white tank top and it’s a Pink Floyd one.

What about a red button down shirt (long or short sleeve) instead of the hoodie - its more disneybound, but would give the right impression and be WAY cooler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter