“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

It would be nice if guests would post pictures of costumes during these parties unfortunately I have not seen them. Last year I have seen women in long gowns and men in full capes that were calf length. If I had a daughter I could see using a caplet but I would not for my son.
DS is being Darth Vader. He is wearing a tee shirt that looks like Vaders robot chest and we were adding a black cape. This cape we found goes to about the back of his knees. I just don't want to get there and then have them tell him he can't wear it.

I wore this Harley Quinn costume ONCE! Never ever ever again! Soooooo annoying! The jester hat is sewn onto the bodysuit, in order to use the bathroom you have to remove the gloves, remove the white collar then take off the jester hat and zip down. If you're wearing underwear you have to pull those down too while holding all of this stuff in your hands. The zipper is located in the front. Before you can even sit down, you have to make sure you have a good grip on everything so nothing falls down on the dirty floor and/or inside the toilet. Once your done then you get to put everything back on without messing up your makeup! This. Takes. Time. I was not hot wearing it because the fabric is so sheer. I bought mine on Ebay. :sad2:

upload_2018-9-17_22-29-19.png

DS is being Darth Vader. He is wearing a tee shirt that looks like Vaders robot chest and we were adding a black cape. This cape we found goes to about the back of his knees. I just don't want to get there and then have them tell him he can't wear it.

Nope, that won't happen. Seriously. He'll be just fine.

Any suggestions for what top to wear with a day of the dead make up? I was going to buy a coco shirt but Dh is saying we should just wear normal clothes. I think it might look weird painting our face and not having matching clothes to go with the paint. Maybe I’m being picky

Any suggestions for what top to wear with a day of the dead make up? I was going to buy a coco shirt but Dh is saying we should just wear normal clothes. I think it might look weird painting our face and not having matching clothes to go with the paint. Maybe I’m being picky

I have to side with you on this one. I would think at least spanish/mexican style clothing. I searched for 'day of dead costume' and got lots of great ideas.
Capture.JPG

I have to side with you on this one. I would think at least spanish/mexican style clothing. I searched for 'day of dead costume' and got lots of great ideas.
View attachment 352008
We literally would just buy a shirt lol. We just don’t want to spend the money on a costume we will wear once. I was actually looking at a red hoodie to be Miguel but of course the one I found was sold out of my size with no date for when it’ll be back in stock.

I’m freaking out, because I’m an idiot who forgot one of the costume rules. My husband is going as Darth Vader, and he has full length Jedi robes that he was going to wear over a Vader shirt. Somehow in all my planning I forgot that “capes” must be knee length, so I guess that probably includes robes too? Or will he be ok, since women can wear full length dresses?

I don’t know whether to take the robes and if he can’t wear them, they can go in the bag. However, if he is highly unlikely to be allowed then there’s no point in dragging them all the way to Florida from the U.K. in our already full suitcase.

I’m freaking out, because I’m an idiot who forgot one of the costume rules. My husband is going as Darth Vader, and he has full length Jedi robes that he was going to wear over a Vader shirt. Somehow in all my planning I forgot that “capes” must be knee length, so I guess that probably includes robes too? Or will he be ok, since women can wear full length dresses?

I don’t know whether to take the robes and if he can’t wear them, they can go in the bag. However, if he is highly unlikely to be allowed then there’s no point in dragging them all the way to Florida from the U.K. in our already full suitcase.
Trim the cape?

Trim the cape?

It comes to his ankles, so from discussion on the other thread, I think it will be ok. I did actually take it up about 4 inches as it was bought for ComicCon and dragged on the floor, but I would be reluctant to take it to his knees, as I think that would look silly. It would also ruin it for future use, so he wouldn’t be happy.

I think it will be ok, and if they don’t like it at the gate then he can put it in the backpack. It doesn’t sound like a definite no, so it’s probably worth bringing.

We attended the 9/21 party as Kiki, Jiji and Tombo from the Ghibli movie Kiki's Delivery Service. Most people thought Tombo was Where's Waldo but we ran into a few Kiki fans who recognized us. It was a great party!

20180921_160607.jpg 20180921_174530.jpg

Attachments

• 20180921_174530.jpg
    20180921_174530.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180921_174530.jpg
    20180921_174530.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
On 9/16 I saw several women wearing floor length dresses--one Maleficent (awesome horns) with a dress that went down to the ground, and then a HM bride with another floor length dress. So they're only sporadically enforcing the full length rule, if at all.

rsz_mvimg_20180812_165630.jpg

28 days until my party and my costume is ready to go!
We attended the 9/21 party as Kiki, Jiji and Tombo from the Ghibli movie Kiki's Delivery Service. Most people thought Tombo was Where's Waldo but we ran into a few Kiki fans who recognized us. It was a great party!

View attachment 353627 View attachment 353631

Eeeeek this is one of my fave Ghibli films, this is so cute!

On 9/16 I saw several women wearing floor length dresses--one Maleficent (awesome horns) with a dress that went down to the ground, and then a HM bride with another floor length dress. So they're only sporadically enforcing the full length rule, if at all.

The only time I ever witnessed CM's enforcing the costume policy was 2015. These female teens were dressed up oh my goodness... hmmm... skimpy - that's a good word! People in line men and women were making "remarks" about it. The CM's would not let the teens in. There were no adults with them either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!