“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

Ok i need some opinions on a design.

As some of you might have read earlier in this board, me and the wife are going as a 1950s type social club much like the current ones at Disneyland and as such we are making our own club jackets. To do so we are making our own club patches. Our sudo Club name is "Tiki Traders" and we love Stitch so he is going to be our mascot on our patch. In saying that we wanted a more tikiesq stitch and as such my wife has taken inspiration from several other tiki stitch statues out there and come up with our own personal interpretation of a tiki stitch .

What I am looking for is people opinion on which of two color schemes people think look good. We wanted to keep the colors down to 5 or 6 so the embroidery machine can run smoother

DO people prefer the Blue or Brown? I know the brown is more traditional wood Coloring, but the Blue feels more traditional Stitch. Again we didnt want out Stitch to look like a classic stitch so that is why we looked for multiple inspirations. I appreciate anyones feedback and help

49048553-6DDF-4710-AC00-165523331D03.JPEG
037CF6FD-5475-45A0-B38C-5DBDCBB8A909.JPEG

As some of you might have read earlier in this board, me and the wife are going as a 1950s type social club much like the current ones at Disneyland and as such we are making our own club jackets. To do so we are making our own club patches. Our sudo Club name is "Tiki Traders" and we love Stitch so he is going to be our mascot on our patch. In saying that we wanted a more tikiesq stitch and as such my wife has taken inspiration from several other tiki stitch statues out there and come up with our own personal interpretation of a tiki stitch .

What I am looking for is people opinion on which of two color schemes people think look good. We wanted to keep the colors down to 5 or 6 so the embroidery machine can run smoother

DO people prefer the Blue or Brown? I know the brown is more traditional wood Coloring, but the Blue feels more traditional Stitch. Again we didnt want out Stitch to look like a classic stitch so that is why we looked for multiple inspirations. I appreciate anyones feedback and help

View attachment 345404
View attachment 345405
I like the blue a lot more.

View attachment 345404
View attachment 345405

I'd go with the blue. It looks great!

View attachment 345404
View attachment 345405
I like the blue one.

Wondering if anyone has attended the Halloween Party yet and what time they entered. We are going to one on September 11th and we made a reservation at Be Our Guest for 4:30. Just want to check that we will be able to get inside and not get charged for missing our reservation.

So excited to go to the party this year, we haven't been in a few years. My husband's Figment shirt just shipped today, hope it fits!!!!! Still waiting for my dress and hair bow, but we have Figment horns for DH and I got my shoes and have started to break them in.

Since I decided to go to two parties, I was trying to come up with another costume. I think I did. I have a red bowtie that I put on my dachshund for Halloween - he's quite handsome with it. LOL Anyway, I have a cobalt blue shirt, I am going to pin it on, wear white shorts and will try to find a cobalt blue ribbon for my hair so I can bound as Donald Duck. So one party I will be Donald and one I will be Daisy

We are going as the Incredibles. Not original at all but my boys insisted as they liked the movie so much. However, I would like to have our faces painted at MK. Do you know where to go and if you have different designs?

Are we allowed to enter at 4pm in our outfits? Going as Lilo , wearing a red dress with the white leaves painted on

After a lot of brainstorming and going back and forth with my boyfriend about matching disney bounding, I gave up and just decided on something lowkey and cheap.
I channeling my inner Karen Smith and bought a shirt that says, "I'm a mouse, duh!" in rose gold and wearing my rose gold Minnie ears along with my rose gold Minnie backpack

After a lot of brainstorming and going back and forth with my boyfriend about matching disney bounding, I gave up and just decided on something lowkey and cheap.
I channeling my inner Karen Smith and bought a shirt that says, "I'm a mouse, duh!" in rose gold and wearing my rose gold Minnie ears along with my rose gold Minnie backpack

Umm....thanks sounds AMAZING! I love that idea. I might have to steal it on my next trip as I already have all my bounds and outfits planned for my upcoming October trip.

Hello All!
I'm so excited to be saying I'll be attending my first halloween party ever! I'm 19 and I'll be going with my dad as he is visiting me here in Florida. Would it be weird for us to dress up since were both adults? If not any suggestions of costumes that would be good for a father and daughter would be greatly appreciated! Also are the limited edition treats and food worth purchasing?
Any other tips or recommendations would be amazing!
Thank you everyone!

Hello All!
I'm so excited to be saying I'll be attending my first halloween party ever! I'm 19 and I'll be going with my dad as he is visiting me here in Florida. Would it be weird for us to dress up since were both adults? If not any suggestions of costumes that would be good for a father and daughter would be greatly appreciated! Also are the limited edition treats and food worth purchasing?
Any other tips or recommendations would be amazing!
Thank you everyone!

Hi there, :welcome: to the DIS!

Many adults dress up in costumes - we do every year. :-)

Here are a few threads that may be of some interest, the first one has lost of costume ideas.

Official 2018 MNSSHP Guest List Thread (READ POST 2 before posting!)

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!