“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw people sitting around the planter at the gazebo where J&S meet at 2:50pm. I am assuming they were hoping to start the line!

In line for Elvis Stitch at 5:40. He comes out at 6:30 we were told. It's a good thing because as we got undercover the skies opened up. Thundering as well! At 5:45 CM is checking for armbands and kicking people out that don't have them! Done with Stitch at 6:46 and got our first candy!

In line for Tweedles and Qo<3 at 6:55 with about 4 groups in front of us. In and out of Pirate Goofy by 7:15 now ToT in a very long line at the FL train Sta.

Last edited:

Eek! My son and I are flying down 10/10 for the 10/11 party but my husband is flying in on 10/11. Really hoping this doesn’t interrupt anyone’s plans!

I believe one airline has begun making changes. Please call your carrier and/or look for emails from them. The path of this hurricane is pretty serious.

Silly question I’m sure but did you have to show wristband to purchase? Just curious!
I dont remember specially being asked for it to tell you the truth but I paid with my F&W gift card bracelet and my party hand was right next to it so maybe she noticed it.

We fly out of Orlando tomorrow morning and hoping we can make our departure on time in the morning!

UPDATE - Character

Jack & Sally are now meeting at Town Square Theater!

Gravediggers are now meeting at the Gazebo.
Sadly we missed the gravediggers :( It started raining just as "The End" of the first parade passed us in Frontierland. We immediately went to the garden area in front of Casey's for Fireworks viewing and were the first 2 people in that area and left the park afterwards. I guess we are just not "rope drop to park close" kind of people anymore!

We fly out of Orlando tomorrow morning and hoping we can make our departure on time in the morning!

Sadly we missed the gravediggers :( It started raining just as "The End" of the first parade passed us in Frontierland. We immediately went to the garden area in front of Casey's for Fireworks viewing and were the first 2 people in that area and left the park afterwards. I guess we are just not "rope drop to park close" kind of people anymore!

Have a safe flight and I'm sorry you missed the gravediggers. Next year buddy! ;)

Flew into Orlando today only a few hours after the hurricane hit and there weren’t any issues. Shouldn’t be for tomorrow either. Rain is barely in the forecast which is a huge relief!

Flew into Orlando today only a few hours after the hurricane hit and there weren’t any issues. Shouldn’t be for tomorrow either. Rain is barely in the forecast which is a huge relief!
I saw that the chances of rain went down a ton for tomorrow. That’s good! I’m seeing rain for the end of next week though right before we get there

Yeah feels like 98 degrees and insane humidity in the middle of October is just wrong. Feels just like when we were here in July!
I’m a little worried for the heat. I was not expecting it to be this hot when we go. I can at least pack lighter but Dh hates humidity because he sweats so much.

I love reading people's party reports so I'll copy/paste my party summary from the main thread. I know a lot of people in this thread ask about characters so I looked at my photopass photos to determine the exact character times! Ask if you have any questions!
-------
We (friend and I) went to the Tuesday, Oct. 9th party. We spent our time meeting characters and going to see the fireworks, parade, and midnight Hocus Pocus show. We weren't worried about rides because we had spent a couple days in the MK already. We also did no trick or treating. All together, we saw 12 groups of characters! Here is my itinerary from memory (character times are based off photo pass photos).
3ish: We were already in the park and went to the Liberty Square gazebo to line up for Jack and Sally. A cast member told us they are now meeting in Town Hall. We got there around 3:15ish and got our magic bands scanned to line up in line. The line is inside and nearby Tinkerbell's line. There were about 4 groups ahead of us. We got our party bands while waiting in line at 4pm.
4:35: J&S came out. Picture taken at 4:42 PM
5: Friend got in line for Elvis Stitch since this was a high priority for us. We were first in line and I don't think another person joined the line until like 5:30ish. Meanwhile, I had pictures taken in the bypass (which was moved to Tomorrowland Terrance due to rain) and then eventually, the real bypass once the rain passed. I got a poison apple magic shot in front of one of the halloween statues in the bypass. I also bought the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket at around 5:30ish from the cart in front of the castle. I asked that they not put popcorn in my bucket so they put my popcorn in a regular cardboard popcorn container. I also got my Orange Bird card.
6:31: Met Elvis Stitch. He was amazing and funny!
6:40ish: Friend got in line for Winnie the Pooh while I waited in line for Minnie. There were 2-3 families in front of me.
7:02: I met Minnie Mouse
7:14: Friend and I met Winnie the Pooh and friends
7:24: I met the Gravediggers while my friend lined up for the Tarzan characters
7:34: We met the Tarzan characters (no Tarzan present, only Jane and Terk). There was no photopass photographer so I had a CM take pictures with my phone.
7:49: We met Jafar. While waiting for Jafar, my friend met the Gravediggers
8:26: We met Abu and Aladdin just before they switched to Genie and Jasmine. The CM was kind enough to ask who I preferred to meet. We've met Jasmine and Genie before so we wanted Abu and Aladdin. Abu and Aladdin were great!
8:35ish: My friend lined up for Daisy and Donald while I took a quick break and then got in line for Goofy.
8:49: I met Goofy. I then got back in line for Daisy and Donald while my friend then met Goofy at 8:55
9:16: We met Daisy and Donald. They are so cute!
9:20ish: My friend wanted to meet Minnie so she got in line for Minnie while I decided I would try my luck finding Cruella.
9:27: I met Cruella. She had no photopass photographer and had two CMs following her. She didn't really want to stop for photos (she was in character walking the runway), so I got a couple selfies and eventually got a CM to take a photo of us. I met her between the carousel and Be Our Guest. I just kept asking CMs where they last saw her until I found her. I personally didn't like how she was a roaming character this year. I didn't enjoy running around asking people where they last saw her. It seemed like she mostly stayed by the tea cups, BOG, and carousel.
9:28: Friend met Minnie
9:39: I met Mickey and then got an allergy bag of candy filled to the top in Town Hall. There was no line and I had no tokens. I then watched a couple minutes of the parade on main street.
9:50ish: We lined up for the fireworks by the castle. Then after the fireworks, I got a spot for the parade in the hub (front row) while my friend met Mickey at 10:51. We then watched the parade and midnight Hocus Pocus show.
12:32: magic shots on main street (poison apple, Tinkerbell)
12:55: Magic shot with Headless Horseman (there was no line)

We were very lucky to have the night we went not be super crowded so we got to meet a lot of characters. Also, I spent a lot of time making a plan for the party by reading party reports and estimating character times via reports online as well. This allowed me and my friend to quickly move through characters by having a solid strategy beforehand. Tag teaming is also a great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!