“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t help, wasn’t at the party early enough to report back. But personally I’d do Pooh next - their line is visible to passerby’s and they take frequent breaks.

I will also add, you’ll want to line up for Jack and Sally earlier than 3:15 if you want to be one of the first in line. Reports have been that this line is forming around 2/2:30.
Are you serious? I thought people were lining up at 3:15 for them still. @Dean1953 did you see this?

3:15-4:00 Bypass

What are your FP's? Which attractions?
I believe the Oogie Boogie PC buckets are available starting at 7pm, though my friend was able to pick one up by the castle at 5:41 which was reported here: Post #8835.

I have FP's at 2:50-3:50, 4:15-5:15 and 5:30-6 for SDMT, Space and Buzz. I've been trying to move SDMT down to start a bit later, but no luck so far. My plan is to arrive just in time to get through the bypass and go straight to SDMT. We're going to be exhausted from a 5am flight the day before that will have been followed by the MK dessert party and EMH's so relaxing before going to the party is an absolute must.

Last edited:
I have FP's at 2:50-3:50, 4:15-5:15 and 5:30-6 for SDMT, Space and Buzz. I've been trying to move SDMT down to start a bit later, but no luck so far. My plan is to arrive just in time to get through the bypass and go straight to SDMT. We're going to be exhausted from a 5am flight the day before that will have been followed by the MK dessert party and EMH's so relaxing before going to the party is an absolute must.

This is the information that should be on your itinerary.

Can’t help, wasn’t at the party early enough to report back. But personally I’d do Pooh next - their line is visible to passerby’s and they take frequent breaks.

@DisneyPolaroids

I will also add, you’ll want to line up for Jack and Sally earlier than 3:15 if you want to be one of the first in line. Reports have been that this line is forming around 2/2:30.

That's crazy about Jack & Sally! :sad2: I have to agree, I'd rather be in Pooh's line and get Four characters and if there's time get Stitch.

October 11
Me, Grandson age 6 who has no problem staying awake, but there is no one to tag team with.

Thursday, October 11 / Me, Grandson age 6

Arrive: 3:00 (too early for bypass?) - Park & Party tickets? Because you're FP's are a bit early. The Bypass opens when Party guests are allowed into the park. If you have a park ticket you will be fine but I need that information on your itinerary.

Is this correct?

FP’s:
SDMT 2:50-3:50
Space 4:15-5:15
Buzz 5:30-6

5:45 -6:15 QS dinner/snack at Gaston’s
6:15-7:15 SDMT/POC/HM
7:15- 8:30: Magic Shots (HM ms's are the priority/ Trick or Treating

@Cluelyss posted her experience from Friday nights party:
"Headed to Liberty Square to try and do the Hatbox Ghost MS and / or ride HM, but the lines for both were obnoxious. Liberty Square felt insanely crowded all night, actually, where as the rest of the park didn’t seem too bad.
Decided I’d meet the gravediggers instead, but their line had just been cut for their 8:15-8:30 break."

8:30-9:30- built in cushion for running late plus grab a waffle snack on the way to the hub.
9:30-11:30 Hub for Fireworks/ Hocus Pocus/Parade (Whichever order is best to get the best view possible)- you have

get Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket asap as that's a must have and don't want to risk a sell out. - These are not being sold until 7pm. Only one location in MK was selling them early and that was by the castle. I wrote about this recently. Are you reading this thread?

Gotta stay on top! Let me know about the rest and we'll tackle your itinerary.

Thursday, October 11 / Me, Grandson age 6

Arrive: 3:00 (too early for bypass?) - Park & Party tickets? Because you're FP's are a bit early. The Bypass opens when Party guests are allowed into the park. If you have a park ticket you will be fine but I need that information on your itinerary.

Is this correct?

FP’s:
SDMT 2:50-3:50
Space 4:15-5:15
Buzz 5:30-6

5:45 -6:15 QS dinner/snack at Gaston’s
6:15-7:15 SDMT/POC/HM
7:15- 8:30: Magic Shots (HM ms's are the priority/ Trick or Treating

@Cluelyss posted her experience from Friday nights party:
"Headed to Liberty Square to try and do the Hatbox Ghost MS and / or ride HM, but the lines for both were obnoxious. Liberty Square felt insanely crowded all night, actually, where as the rest of the park didn’t seem too bad.
Decided I’d meet the gravediggers instead, but their line had just been cut for their 8:15-8:30 break."

8:30-9:30- built in cushion for running late plus grab a waffle snack on the way to the hub.
9:30-11:30 Hub for Fireworks/ Hocus Pocus/Parade (Whichever order is best to get the best view possible)- you have

get Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket asap as that's a must have and don't want to risk a sell out. - These are not being sold until 7pm. Only one location in MK was selling them early and that was by the castle. I wrote about this recently. Are you reading this thread?

Gotta stay on top! Let me know about the rest and we'll tackle your itinerary.

Thanks, sorry for the omissions, I'll get it updated! Thank you for all you do! I am reading that thread, so will be sure and get the bucket as soon as I see them. Yes, this is all correct.

Are you serious? I thought people were lining up at 3:15 for them still. @Dean1953 did you see this?

I was prepared to get in line at 3:15 to see Jack and Sally and wait 1 hour, 45 minutes (when they were coming out at 5). If they are now coming out at 4:30, I’d be willing to bump my time up a half hour, to 2:45. My first party is in 25 days. If it doesn’t look that I’ll be among the first 10 in line at 2:45, I’ll do another character (but not at 2:45). On a positive note, I’ll be coming in on the same Southwest Airlines midnight flight, just a day earlier. That way, we can take it easy on Wednesday at Epcot and get a good night’s sleep the night before the first party. I wasn’t looking forward to going to the party with 5 hours of sleep and being at Magic Kingdom from 2 to 12:45 AM.

I was prepared to get in line at 3:15 to see Jack and Sally and wait 1 hour, 45 minutes (when they were coming out at 5). If they are now coming out at 4:30, I’d be willing to bump my time up a half hour, to 2:45. My first party is in 25 days. If it doesn’t look that I’ll be among the first 10 in line at 2:45, I’ll do another character (but not at 2:45). On a positive note, I’ll be coming in on the same Southwest Airlines midnight flight, just a day earlier. That way, we can take it easy on Wednesday at Epcot and get a good night’s sleep the night before the first party. I wasn’t looking forward to going to the party with 5 hours of sleep and being at Magic Kingdom from 2 to 12:45 AM.
We still won't be able to get our wristbands until 4. Is it okay if we still join you?

It’s probably a bit early to be asking this but we will be going to return to sleep hallow October 26 and will get two pins. I’d like to trade one of the pins for one from a previous year. If anyone is willing to do this, just PM me. Thanks!

Make sure you put this on the main thread too!

I can’t recall who posted it on the main thread, but someone reported starting the line at 2 once receiving their DVC wristbands. Although I think they also said no one joined them in line for at least 30 minutes.

I can’t recall who posted it on the main thread, but someone reported starting the line at 2 once receiving their DVC wristbands. Although I think they also said no one joined them in line for at least 30 minutes.
That’s just crazy lol. If I got in at 2 I wouldn’t want to immediately start their line.

I have a separate question. Since they are meeting at 4:30 now could we go to Pooh right after?

Can I just say I am soooo glad we have no interest in meeting Jack and we already suffered last Christmas and met the Dwarfs.....praying they never do an Oogie Boogie meet n greet.

Wait for Moana a little after 6 was 1hr 15 minutes. (Per the cast member). I was not feeling well so we got a later start and missed 7dmt and decided not to wait for her.

Got in line for Jack at 6:40 - maybe group 7 or 8. Met him (great interaction), rode pirates (posted 20 minute wait and was closer to 10), got a caramel pretzel and eating at Pecos Bill's for Hades nachos - almost done eating and it is now 8:05.

Yup when I went, the first man in line said he started the line at 2 for jack and sally. We got in like at 3:15 and were maybe the 7th group (my memory escapes me at this point).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!