“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trip Report from Tue Sept 25th:

Entered the front gate right at 4:00pm. Line was maybe 20 people deep. Headed for Jungle cruise which at 40min was by far the longest line of the night for me. I had 5:30 dinner ressies at the Skipper Canteen. Had the pot stickers and pork chops, yum! 9 out of 10 would do it again.

Passed the eggroll stand I've heard so much about, it's not open during the party. After dinner headed for Splash, walk on, Big Thunder, 10 min, It's a small world, 5min, Walked around the new (to me) circus area. Walked along the smoking path to Space, 15min wait, people mover, walk on, tried the Candy Corn shake, two bites and tossed it in the trash. Worst dessert ever. Back through fantasy land towards Pirates, walk on, watched the first parade from somewhere near Pacos Bills I think, then walked towards the hub and nabbed a front row table at Casey's with a clear view of the castle. Picked up a Not So Poison Apple. Different, not great would probably not have another one but glad I tried it. Watched the fireworks, waited a bit then ambled up to the castle for the Sanderson Sisters. That was a fun show. Headed for the Mansion, waited maybe 10min. Caught Headless going through frontierland (missed him the fist time). Wandered aimlessly until the stoke of midnight and headed home. Overall an 8 out of 10 experience. Better specialty foods would have made the difference.

I definitely need help! me (35), DS (11), DD (8), and my godmother (60). Party date is October 8th.

Monday, Oct 8th - Columbus Day / me (35), DS (11), DD (8), and my godmother (60)

3:15-4:00 Enter the park - I recommend getting to the park earlier. Gates open 3:45/3:47
4:05-5:20 Meet Jack and Sally
Tag Team: Restroom Break, SotMK Card
5:30-6:30- Meet Moana
6:30-7:15- Rides and Photo Pass pics
7:15-7:30- Trick or treat on the way to grab dinner
7:30-8:15- QS Dinner- order via mobile app
8:15-9:00- Meet Belle and Gaston
9:15-9:30- Parade. Probably by castle - This is not enough time to get a decent view. For Main Street 1hr 20-30 minutes if Sold Out hopefully you'll have a less wait with Belle & Gaston.
Tag Team: grab snacks while holding parade spot
10:15-10:30- Hallowishes
10:30-11- Dance Party
11-11:30- Rides
12- Hocus Pocus
We'll hit the trick or treat stations as we move around the park!

Make sure you have a plan for inclement weather and pack rain gear too...
upload_2018-9-28_17-3-3.png
10 Day Orlando Weather Link: https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Orlando+FL+USFL0372:1:US

Yes, the weather can and will change all I'm saying is be prepared. Hope you have a great trip!

Ok, I definitely need help!
Oct 8
3:45-4:10 enter MK, bag in bypass
Me, DH, DD14, DS 2
4:00-6:00 Moana
Tag Team: 4:10-4:20 DH and DD FP Space(3:20-4:20)
Tag Team:4:30-4:40 me and DS FP magic carpets(3:40-4:40)
Tag Team- 4:45-4:55 me and DS FP PP(4:40-5:40)
Tag Team 5:10-5:20 DH and DD FP BTMR(4:20-5:20)
6:10 - 6:30: DH and DD grab dinner, me and DS head to capt jack line
6:30 - 7:10 Jack Sparrow
7:15-7:40 meet Jafar
7:45-8:15 all ride pirates
8:25-8:45 TOT
8:50-9:35(9:15) BTY parade in front of Casey’s- tag team snacks
10:30 - 11:15 Haunted mansion
11:15-11:45 madame Carlotta, magic shots, trick or treat
11:4512:20 12pm Hocus Pocus

Ok, I definitely need help!
Monday, Oct 8 / Me, DH, DD14, DS 2

Your timing is too tight, you need to get to the park earlier and plow though the Bypass due to your Fastpasses.

3:15-4:00 Bypass
4:00-6:00 Moana - Who is holding the line? You & DS2
Tag Team: 4:00-4:30 DH and DD FP Space (3:20-4:20) - They need 5 minutes to get there, allow 15/20 minutes for the ride and 5 minutes to meet you at Moana's line.
Tag Team:4:30-4:45 me and DS FP Magic carpets (3:40-4:40)
Tag Team- 4:45-5:15 me and DS FP PP (4:40-5:40)
Tag Team 5:15-5:40 DH and DD FP BTMR (4:20-5:20)
6:10-6:30: DH and DD grab dinner, me and DS head to capt jack line
6:30 - 7:10 Jack Sparrow - You & DS2
Tag Team: Eat & Restroom Break
7:15-7:40 meet Jafar
7:45-8:15 all ride pirates
8:25-8:40 TOT
8:45-9:35(9:15) BTY parade in front of Casey’s
Tag Team: snacks
9:40-10:25 Pick up Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card at Firehouse, MS on Main Street
10:30- 11:15 Haunted Mansion
11:15-11:45 madame Carlotta, magic shots, trick or treat
11:45-12:20 12pm Hocus Pocus

Looks good! Remember it might rain earlier in the afternoon so please be prepared.

October 8, Monday, Columbus Day
DH, DW

A.M. at AK with lunch at Sanaa. Heading over to MK around 2pm for a few rides then:
3:30-4:10 Pick up Wristband @ Philharmagic
4pm-5:30 Ride rides, perhaps shop early at Emporium and while we're there check out the Bypass (I assume this is allowed even if we already have our bands). Pick up SotMK card.
5:40-6:20 Maybe try for a FP although since we're at AK in the a.m. i don't think we'll have any luck with FP to 7dwarfs but possibly something in Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.
ToT along the way.....
6:30-7:15 Queen of Hearts & Tweedles, send dh for a popcorn bucket or maybe we'll just go together after Queen.........
Ride teacups with fun overlay.....try not to lose my lunch
7:20-7:40 Pirate Goofy
7:40-8:00 HM Grave Diggers @ Adventureland see map: BLUE Circle (I don't know where to fit this in now. It seems like we are hanging closer to Tomorrowland. Is there another time to fit this in and not criss cross the park too much)?
8:00-8:30 Check out Elvis Stitch's line. One report indicated line at 8:15pm was short. If too much a line, return later.
8:30-9:30 Boo to You Parade 9:15 @ (changing location here to spoke from Tomorrowland or may have to get closer to spoke from hub at Adventureland in order to position self by Casey's for fireworks)
9:30-10:30 HalloWishes @ Casey's-tag team getting Hades Nachos at Casey's, mobile order?
10:30-11:10 Hocus Pocus 10:45 @ Partners Statue
11:15 possibly catch 2nd Boo to You Parade
We may or may not still do this depending on the Elvis Stitch situation. If we were unable to get Stitch earlier we will do him at this time before his line closes.
12pm Headless Horseman Magic Shot @ Front of Park Entrance - and you'll still have time for this Magic Shot!
exit park

I've really modified our plans. Given the early party admissions I am guessing Jack and Sally will be a 2 hour wait for those that can't legally line up until 4pm. I'm not willing to do that since we've met them at the MNSSHP in 2015 and also at Disneyland on a regular day outside HM. They are wonderful, though!

8:00-8:30 Check out Elvis Stitch's line - Everything looks really good but not this. If it does rain in the afternoon I would get my party wristband at Tomorrowland: Buzz Lightyear FastPass kiosks and get in his queue.

Hey all ! My first ever trip to Disney is on Sunday and my party is on Tuesday.

Been reading a lot of itineraries but for time optimization based on what i want to do, what do you guys think?

I will already be in the park for the day.

Priorities -- Meet Jack and Sally (The only characters i'd wait) Do i line up before the party starts? Wait for the first parade? End of the night?
Front row seat for the Parade - thinking second parade.
Ride Haunted Mansion

Must-do's -- Fireworks - Based on how close the time is with the parades, would like to stay around the same area for both. Where should I stand? With front
row for the parade the priority.

-- Hocus Pocus show - Thinking midnight show.

Shop for Halloween exclusive items.

Wonder around and soak in the atmosphere.

Pretty simple list, but how would you guys tackle it for a value for time ratio.

Thanks!

198E7FB3-E654-4C5A-BB47-FC1F8763300F.jpeg we watched the first parade at the black mark on the side walk just before you get into mainstreet. Right after the parade they put a line of white tape down going across the street for firework viewing. We went from the black lined area to the white tape line right after parade. The best part is they won’t let anyone in-front of the white tape because they need to keep it open as a walkway. So there will be no one in front of that for about 16 to 20 feet. And it won’t be a huge mass of people like if you were to go farther up

Last edited:
@ksromack if you're in a crunch for time, I recommend Hocus Pocus at midnight, then get Headless Horseman on your way out.

Re: Stitch "One report indicated line at 8:15pm was short." your crowd level may yield a different result. An average wait time based on all parties regardless of weather would be awesome but unfortunately DISer's have not been posting so based on what little we know and if this were my itinerary, this is how I would do it...

October 8, Monday, Columbus Day / DH, DW

A.M. at AK with lunch at Sanaa. Heading over to MK around 2pm - As soon as you tap in secure FP+
2pm-3:30 Shop early at Emporium
3:35-4:00 Go to the front of the Bypass and get your party wristband, bag & treat there.
4:00-4:10 Pick up SotMK card
4:15-5:25 Fantasyland or Tomorrowland
5:30-6:40 Stitch - DH
Tag Team: YOU 5:30-5:45 - Schedule FP+ 5:30-6pm in Tomorrowland
Tag Team: DH 5:45-6:00 - Schedule FP+ 5:30-6pm in Tomorrowland
6:45-7:20 Queen of Hearts & Tweedles - YOU
Tag Team: 6:45-7:00 DH - Get PC Bucket
7:25-7:50 Pirate Goofy
7:55-8:20 HM Grave Diggers @ Adventureland
8:30-9:30 Boo to You Parade 9:15 @ Frontierland - Either follow it to the Castle or use the underpass
9:30-10:30 HalloWishes @ Casey's
Tag Team: Hades Nachos at Casey's, mobile order? - I'm sorry I don't know.
10:35-11:15 Frontierland
11:15-11:45 Fantasyland
11:45-12:20 Hocus Pocus
12:25-12:45 Magic Shots on Main Street
12:45-1pm Headless Horseman Magic Shot

If this isn't what you want let me know, we have time to work on your plan.

Hey all ! My first ever trip to Disney is on Sunday and my party is on Tuesday.

Been reading a lot of itineraries but for time optimization based on what i want to do, what do you guys think?

I will already be in the park for the day.

Priorities -- Meet Jack and Sally (The only characters i'd wait) Do i line up before the party starts? Wait for the first parade? End of the night?
Front row seat for the Parade - thinking second parade.
Ride Haunted Mansion

Must-do's -- Fireworks - Based on how close the time is with the parades, would like to stay around the same area for both. Where should I stand? With front
row for the parade the priority.

-- Hocus Pocus show - Thinking midnight show.

Shop for Halloween exclusive items.

Wonder around and soak in the atmosphere.

Pretty simple list, but how would you guys tackle it for a value for time ratio.

Thanks!

I recommend reading Post #3-9 it has tips & links there.
Yes you need to line up first thing for Jack & Sally and it's going to be a loooong wait so be sure you have other things planned that you can use Tag Team.

Updated: We have decided to just enter on MNSSHP tickets. We have Chef Mickey at 2 now and then will walk to MK and enter 3:45ish...

On your first party you were focused on Adventureland & Frontierland, this party you should be in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland you have a lot more characters and things to do, so let's dig in...

Tuesday, October 9th / Me, DH, DD14, DS 2
Updated: We have decided to just enter on MNSSHP tickets. We have Chef Mickey at 2 now and then will walk to MK and enter 3:45ish...

4:45-5:10 meet Donald & goofy? Shop? Make way to TL - October hours & calendar have changed.

upload_2018-9-28_22-20-58.png
WDW Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/character-meet-goofy-donald/

4:15-4:25 DH and DS Pooh (FP 3:25-4:25)
4:15-4:25 me and DD HM(FP 3:25-4:25)
4:35-4:45 me, DS Dumbo(FP 4:25-5:25)
4:35-4:45 DH and DD Barnstormer (FP 4:25-5:25)
4:50-5:15
5:20-5:35 all ride Buzz(FP 5:25-6)
5:40-6:10
6:20-7:10 Pooh and friends - YOU or DH - Once this line forms it grows very quickly.
Tag Team: Little Mermaid - 20 minutes
Tag Team: Dumbo - 15 minutes
7:15-7:50 Meet queen of hearts and tweedles
Tag Team: Tea Party - 15 minutes
8:00-8:20 monsters dance party
8:30-8:50 meet lotso
8:55-9:15 TOT
9:20-10:30 (10:15) Hallowishes in front of Casey’s.
Tag Team: 9:25-9:50 Mickey - DH and DS to meet mickey(9:25-9:50?) and pick up snacks on the way back to meet me and DD if time
10:35-12 TOT, rides, snacks, any other characters? Try to meet cruella if can catch her since now she roams.

Last edited:
NEWS

National Coffee Day - September 29th!
Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea will be celebrating National Coffee Day on September 29th with a special offer at its many Walt Disney World locations.
upload_2018-9-28_23-20-29.png
Throughout the day, grab a 16-ounce hot coffee or 24-ounce iced coffee for just $1.00! You can find Joffrey’s at all four theme parks and at Disney Springs.

upload_2018-9-28_23-21-19.png

At the Disney Springs Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea Company location, you can even celebrate with special foam art created just for National Coffee Day.
Thanks Tom Bell! :disrocks:
Link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ey-world-on-september-29-national-coffee-day/

Disney Springs Photopass -
Limited time backdrops...
upload_2018-9-28_23-18-13.png

While the PhotoPass Studio — located in the Disney Springs Marketplace area — offers virtual backdrops for guests’ picture-taking needs year round, these seasonal backgrounds are for a limited time only.

The images can be downloaded using Memory Maker, and a Memory Maker One Day purchase can be made for $69 through the My Disney Experience App. Individual photos may also be downloaded for $16.95 each at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com

Thanks Charles Boda! :disrocks: and so do you! :thumbsup2
Link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disney-springs-photopass-studio-offering-fall-virtual-backdrops/

Last edited:
More NEWS

Tickets On Sale Now for Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Soiree at The Edison in Disney Springs!

upload_2018-9-29_0-26-15.png

Guests 21 and older who are looking for an exciting way to spend Halloween night at Walt Disney World can now purchase tickets for a special event celebrating the 25th anniversary of The Nightmare Before Christmas. The event will take place at The Edison at Disney Springs.

Those attending are invited to arrive in costumes paying homage to the Tim Burton classic. Small plate snacks will be served along with signature drinks that were inspired by the film. Additionally, guests will enjoy a captivating entertainment line-up that includes:

• Live Music
  • “The Pearls” Dancers
  • Passed Hors d’Oeuvres
  • Welcome Cocktail
  • Costume Contest
  • Stilt Walkers
  • Aerialist performances
  • Amazing giveaways and take home treats
The Edison’s full food and beverage menu will also be available for purchase. This event takes place on Wednesday, October 31, 2018, and doors will open at 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased for $85 (plus tax and gratuity) per person.

Ticket Link: https://store.patinagroup.com/store...6.1471068143.1538093743-2030607617.1533341417

Thanks Jackie Gailey :thumbsup2

@FoxC63 :
9:20-10:30(10:15) Hallowishes in front of Casey’s. While waiting, tagteam DH and DS to meet mickey(9:25-9:50?) and pick up snacks on the way back to meet me and DD if time
10:35-12 TOT, rides, snacks, any other characters? Try to meet cruella if can catch her since now she roams.

After the fireworks, we are going to TOT and hit a couple rides(maybe) and any characters we haven’t seen with short lines since we will have watched parade the first night. Might or might not do Hocus Pocus again at midnight, depending how we feel and how the kiddos are doing

@FoxC63 :

After the fireworks, we are going to TOT and hit a couple rides(maybe) and any characters we haven’t seen with short lines since we will have watched parade the first night. Might or might not do Hocus Pocus again at midnight, depending how we feel and how the kiddos are doing

Gotcha! I think this is a bit too early for Hallowishes unless you're trying to find a place to sit on the fake grass? If this is the case you should be fine. DH & DS should have plenty of time to meet Mickey. I've updated Post #3112.

Did you notice that Donald & Goofy will not be available to meet at 4:45?

Could please update your itineraries so I can see how things flow, that would be awesome! Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!