“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, September 3rd / Me, DH, DS(2.5), DD(1), and my parents (passholders)

Pick up your Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Cards. See: Post #4
Tag Team 3:30 – 4:30 FP+Dumbo / kids & grandparents (get wristband from Philharmagic after)
Not sure why you're using Tag Team so early on, you have no time frame set for the above to enter MK?
(mainly just for my notes.. my parents can go in earlier than us since have annual pass)
3:45-4:10 Bypass - bag, map, etc. / DW and DH
4:15-5:15 Jack and Sally / Grandparents
**Tag Team: 4:15-4:35 Peter Pan FP+3:30–4:30 / DW DH & Kids
5:20-5:40 Haunted Mansion FP+5:10- 6:00 / Entire Group? (Just DW DH now, they tried but none available so they have Pirates 5:25 – 6pm --- would it be much better for us to do Pirates after 7 for the extra Halloween stuff without fastpass?)
5:45-6:15 You have 30 minutes, Photopass? (Will they have special Halloween magic shots early or just do castle, etc?)
6:20-7:20 Pooh & Gang - This group meets at 7pm.
**Tag Team: Rides with kids, Snacks - What rides, what snack, you have 40 minutes. Pooh Ride? (Whatever has a short line near Pooh at the time. Maybe Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket if area nearby)
Tea Cups or It's a Small World would be quicker.
7:25–7:45 Cruella roaming in the area
7:50-8:25 Check Lines for Ducks or Minnie Mouse or Disney Jr. Dance Party
8:30-9:35 Parade in Frontierland / 8:50 p.m. Costume Promenade & Parade starts at 9:15
Cadavar Dans 8:30, 9:50 - I'm not sure you'll have time to do this AND the Costume Promenade (Where do Cadavar Dans perform in reference to where the costume promenade will be? Thought if all fairly close could see near our spots for parade)

9:35-10:30 HalloWishes by Casey's Fireworks at 10:15 - You're kids will most likely be done for the night. Do you think your grandparents can take them back to the resort? If so, this could change things! (Baby girl will pass out in the stroller.. my son has endless energy and can rock on all night lol.. we are staying off property so wouldn’t be able to split up but we could play by ear and if grandparents are pooped and kids are pooped they may go sit somewhere and wait for us)
10:30-11:05 Hocus Pocus Show at 10:45 - Facing the show, stay to the right side, closer towards Tomorrowland for easier access.
11:15-11:30 Tommorowland Dance Party or Lotso
11:35-12:00 Stitch or Mickey
12:10-12:35 Magic Shot with Headless Horseman

Let me know what's going to happen after the fireworks. I tried to do some notes and updates in green italics – hope this clears up and answers all of your questions. Thank you so so much for your help with this!

We have everything packed and are moving to a new location so my phone will have to do for now. Tonight we have plans for fine dining at a haunted Japanese restaurant in the heart of LA then Symphony & Fireworks show at Hollywood Bowl. I will update any new itineraries asap.

@Kell2005x
That green is the worst color for my eyes, honestly I cannot read it. Will try later when I'm not using my phone. :flower3:

Last edited:
That green is the worst color for my eyes, honestly I cannot read it. Will try later when I'm not using my phone. :flower3:
Omg I can’t read it at all. Is that how mine looks too?

Edit: Didn't realize mine was like that too. I went back and made mine darker

I don’t have a complete itinerary for our party on 8/28 because we’re playing a lot by ear depending on what the lines for different characters are but we’re definitely meeting Jack and Sally, Moana and Queen of Hearts and the Tweedles so I’ll come back after the party with reports of who we meet and when!

Have a wonderful time at the party, I know it's a bit early but...
Boo to You and Happy Halloween!!!
party::dancer:party:

I wasn't going to book the party for our Oct trip. but it's just me and my grandson (6) and he caught a glimpse of a few things...long story short, I'm booked for Oct 11. It's been years since I went, my grandson was 4 months old! So I'm a bit lost in the planning. Main goals are fireworks, parade and really want a great view of the stage for the show. He's a oogie boogie fanatic and I haven't shown him clips so he'll be surprised.

After a reality check and realizing I couldn’t get this all in with the order I had, some changes:

October 11
Me, Grandson age 6 who has no problem staying awake, but there is no one to tag team with. We have an AP and park tickets in addition to the party tickets.

Arrive: 3:00 (too early for bypass?)
Go thru bypass/get Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket asap as that's a must have and don't want to risk a sell out.

FP’s: 2:50-3:50, 4:15-5:15 and 5:30-6 for SDMT, Space and Buzz.
QS dinner/snack at Gaston’s: 5:45 -6:15
6:15-7:15: SDMT/POC/HM
7:15- 8:30: Magic Shots (HM ms's are the priority/ Trick or Treating
8:30-9:30- built in cushion for running late plus grab a waffle snack on the way to the hub.
9:30-11:30 Hub for Fireworks/ Hocus Pocus/Parade (Whichever order is best to get the best view possible)

Shop our way out of the park!
Fom what I've read, it's better to TOT later, so not sure my time period for that is the best option.
Since the show is a top priority, will it be possible to move to the forecourt after fireworks and see the parade from there as well? Am I allowing enough time to get a decent view of fireworks?
Would love to know where I’m going wrong!

Last edited:
Oh man - I am a little upset. I just found out I can buy tickets through my work at much better discounts. I can get the ticket for Sept 23 for $68!! Argh!!!

I never would have thought to look for a strategy thread like this under "Doing the happy dance!"... a part of the boards I never go to. Confused on where to find some things these days.

Anyone decorating their resort room window for their MNSSHP trip??
I splurged one year and surprised the kids (and DH!) with Halloween decorations from Disney Floral and Gifts. It wasn't cheap, but I just looked it up and the price has gone way up! In case anyone thinks this splurge would be worth it to them: http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandg...ularcelebrationkit.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

Last edited:
Okay, I've been following along for a while now. First time party goer, so trying to absorb as much information as I can. Finally posting an itinerary. Feel free to tear it apart. I'm not worried about getting to "everything" but I don't want to waste time wandering back and forth across MK either. My overall priority is creating a flow around the park that makes sense.

Sept 16
DH (Jack Skellington tee); DW (myself, Disneybounding as Edna Mode)
Priorities (in order): atmosphere, specialty treats, merchandise, BTY Parade #2, Hocus Pocus (any), specific rides, magic shots, random characters (e.g., Cruella but not super popular ones)

• (I have a FP for BTMRR from 3:20-4:20 but we are probably skipping it)
  • We will eat a meal prior to entry

3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance, Bypass
4:15-4:45 Photos in the bypass
4:45-5:00 Main St Bakery (H.cinnamon roll)
5:00-5:30 Mickey's Philharmagic FP (4:30-5:30)
5:35-6:00 Jungle Cruise FP (5:30-6)
6:00-7:00 Big Top Souvenirs for merchandise, take in atmosphere, people watch
7:00-7:30 Fantasyland - ToT, possibly Cruella
7:30-8:15 Liberty Square - Haunted Mansion, Sleepy Hollow (specialty treats), Magic Shot, ToT
8:15-8:55 Tomorrowland - ToT, SM (DH) and PM (DW)
8:55-9:35 Frontierland - ToT
9:35-10:30 Adventureland - ToT, PotC, HM Grave Diggers
10:30-11:30 Stake out spot for & watch BTY Parade #2 (Frontierland area)
11:30-11:40 Follow parade to Castle hub
11:40-12:00 Find spot to watch HP and wait, may send DH for treat
12:00-12:20 Hocus Pocus #3
12:20-12:35 Magic Shot pics as we exit down Main Street

Thanks for anyone's help!
~Overwhelmed newbie. :surfweb:

Last edited:
Okay, I've been following along for a while now. First time party goer, so trying to absorb as much information as I can. Finally posting an itinerary. Feel free to tear it apart. I'm not worried about getting to "everything" but I don't want to waste time wandering back and forth across MK either. My overall priority is creating a flow around the park that makes sense.

Sept 16
DH (Jack Skellington tee); DW (myself, Disneybounding as Village Belle)
Priorities (in order): atmosphere, specialty treats, merchandise, BTY Parade #2, Hocus Pocus (any), specific rides, magic shots, random characters (e.g., Cruella but not super popular ones)

• (I have a FP for BTMRR from 3:20-4:20 but we are probably skipping it)
  • We will be eating a meal prior to entry

3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance, Bypass
4:15-4:20 Photos
4:20-4:35 Sleepy Hollow (Waffle/Sundae treat? Too early?)
4:35-5:05 Mickey's Philharmagic FP (4:30-5:30)
5:05-5:35 Walk towards Liberty Square, ride Haunted Mansion attraction 30min
5:35-6:00 Jungle Cruise FP (5:30-6)

6:00-7:00 ???

7:00-7:40 Tomorrowland - ToT, SM (DH) and PM (DW)
7:40-8:10 Fantasyland - ToT, Cruella?
8:10-8:50 Liberty Square - Haunted Mansion, Magic Shot, ToT
8:50-9:35 Frontierland - ToT
9:35-10:30 Adventureland - ToT, PotC, HM Grave Diggers
10:30-10:45 ???
10:45-11:30 Stake out spot for & watch BTY Parade #2 (Frontierland area)
11:30-?? Follow parade to Castle hub
12:00 Hocus Pocus #3
12:20-?? Magic Shot pics as we exit down Main Street

Questions:
  1. I'm still not clear on what I can do that is related to the party between that 6-7pm timeframe. Can I shop for party merchandise? Can I buy specialty treats?
  2. I'm trying to allow walking time within the timeframes too, but if I need more time please call that out.
  3. With the flow of this plan, I am worried I'm cutting it too close to BTY Parade #1 trying to get to Frontierland. Also considered flipping it (starting on the Frontierland side) but really wanted to watch the second parade from that area.
Thanks for anyone's help!
~Overwhelmed newbie. :surfweb:
Yes, you can shop between 6 and 7. Big Top Souvenirs usually has a good selection and you could loop through Fantasyland to hit it when walking from JC to Tomorrowland. Or the Emporium, but since it’s so close to the entrance, it tends to be mobbed.

Plan to grab your parade spot at 10:30 and you’ll be fine.

Yes, you can shop between 6 and 7. Big Top Souvenirs usually has a good selection and you could loop through Fantasyland to hit it when walking from JC to Tomorrowland. Or the Emporium, but since it’s so close to the entrance, it tends to be mobbed.

Plan to grab your parade spot at 10:30 and you’ll be fine.
Will they have party exclusive items available after 6? It would be a great time to get our shopping in!

Dh and I are getting to be on the fence about jack and Sally. People started lining up at 3:30 today and we wouldn’t even get into the park until 4.

I never would have thought to look for a strategy thread like this under "Doing the happy dance!"... a part of the boards I never go to. Confused on where to find some things these days.

Yeah, I don't get that either. Not sure why my thread got put there. Others have mentioned this too. :confused3

Happy you found it! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!