“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woof! You have a lot of your plate! I need to think about this one!
Hey @FoxC63 I think me and DH are gonna kinda wing it this year. I want to do the bypass photos and ELVIS STITCH and hopefully the HM magic shots anything else will all be a bonus!! Thanks again for all you do and I'll make sure to post during my party
xoxo Kate

Hey @FoxC63 I think me and DH are gonna kinda wing it this year. I want to do the bypass photos and ELVIS STITCH and hopefully the HM magic shots anything else will all be a bonus!! Thanks again for all you do and I'll make sure to post during my party
xoxo Kate

Got it buddy! You've been staying on the threads and this is not your first party so I think you know what to expect and how to manage.
I hope you and yours have a wonderful low crowd, perfect weather, friendly helpful guests and an AWESOME time! Thank you for your support and we look forward to hearing about your party!
:thanks:party:

Hey FoxC63! My family and I are planning to attend the MNSSHP for the first time. We're looking at either Friday, Oct 5 or Monday, Oct 8. I’m wondering if you could tell me which party you think would be best to attend based on crowd levels??? We certainly want to ride some rides, but also enjoy the other aspects of the party. I can see that Fridays are generally busier than Mondays, but Oct 8 is Columbus day, so I wasn’t sure how that would affect it. Any help would be appreciated! Jason

Happy to see the line not starting so early!!!! That's been really crazy from earlier reports. I certainly hope this trend continues. Thanks so much for posting this is absolutely critical info.

The second person didn’t show up til after 4 and right now about 30 people in line

Hey FoxC63! My family and I are planning to attend the MNSSHP for the first time. We're looking at either Friday, Oct 5 or Monday, Oct 8. I’m wondering if you could tell me which party you think would be best to attend based on crowd levels??? We certainly want to ride some rides, but also enjoy the other aspects of the party. I can see that Fridays are generally busier than Mondays, but Oct 8 is Columbus day, so I wasn’t sure how that would affect it. Any help would be appreciated! Jason

Jason, that's a hard call. Friday, Oct 5th ($115) will be heavy crowds and on Monday Oct 8th ($99) on Columbus Day has the potential to be heavier.

Touring plans has their ride predictions Oct 5th #27, Sold out 1 day in advance in both 2013 and 2015, and 2 days in advance in 2014.

Oct 8th #28, Sold out 1 day in advance in 2013 and 2014.

I've never attended a party during this time frame but I would look to the weather to make that determination. It's a bit too early to check on it but any system like tropical Kirk can bring heavy rain. Remember there is a list of rides that close, characters will not be out so again, it's a tough call.

My husband walked by and said it was 3 times as long for jack and sally
Do you know what that was? Last I heard guests were lining up at 3:10 and Jack & Sally were meeting at 4:30 instead of 5pm.

Hope someone can confirm. Thanks you!

Do you know what that was? Last I heard guests were lining up at 3:10 and Jack & Sally were meeting at 4:30 instead of 5pm.

Hope someone can confirm. Thanks you!

It was about 5:15 and we think there was about 75 people in dwarfs line at that time

It was about 5:15 and we think there was about 75 people in dwarfs line at that time
Thanks buddy! I know, I know you're on vacation and there to have fun but I hope you can post about characters . What time you got in line and what time you were done.

Lately many reports have been on rides and in all honesty that isn't as helpful. Rides can break down but a character line will give us the trending time frames. :clown:

Got it buddy! You've been staying on the threads and this is not your first party so I think you know what to expect and how to manage.
I hope you and yours have a wonderful low crowd, perfect weather, friendly helpful guests and an AWESOME time! Thank you for your support and we look forward to hearing about your party!
:thanks:party:

Leaving bright and early tomorrow morning and just want to say THANK YOU!!

Attachments

• MNSSHP 2017.jpg
    MNSSHP 2017.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 11
Thanks buddy! I know, I know you're on vacation and there to have fun but I hope you can post about characters . What time you got in line and what time you were done.

Lately many reports have been on rides and in all honesty that isn't as helpful. Rides can break down but a character line will give us the trending time frames. :clown:

No prob we finished at 6:17 they said the t line was 2.5 hours at that point. Heading to get in line for minnie now so I’ll keep you updated...I’m keeping track in my notes so I’ll try to keep that up all night

Got in line at 6:35 for minnie, only 10 people In front of us finished at 7:07

I got a message asking for my character itinerary last year.

I doubt anyone is going to run around like me for characters and characters only - plus I haven't really written down the times - but maybe it interests some of you.

- Got in line an hour before official opening, lines were about 10 people deep.
- Straight to Jack and Sally. Couple of groups were already waiting, I was in the first 10 still.
- Friend caught up with me, decided to get food - when hunting food she randomly decided holding a spot in the seven dwarfs line when the place she wanted to eat at was closed.
- Saw Jack and Sally (PP), straight to dwarfs. Found friend just 1/3 down the line in the covered area, they hadn't asked people to squish together yet.
- Friend runs off to try for food again, we agreed to meet at the Pooh gang meet.
- Met dwarfs (PP), took about 45 minutes after they started meeting. Line moved pretty fast, but it was really torture because I had obnoxious groups in front and behind me - friend running off made a lot more sense at that point. ;)
- Caught up with friend at Pooh meet, arrived 10 minutes before they started meeting. 6th in line. Met the gang about half way through first set (PP).
- Tomorrowland for Lotso (PP) who surprisingly signed my drawing, there had been mixed reports.
- Tried for Donald/Daisy and gave up when line had moved less than 3 meters in over half an hour. Goofy was just as bad for some reason.
- Bought 2 party treats on the way to Adventureland. Friend had realized Abu was with Aladdin and she hadn't met him yet. She went for that meet while I lined up for Tarzan.
- Tarzan meet. Only about ten groups in line, line moved really fast. Jane, Tarzan and Terk all signed for me.
- Friend still in line for Aladdin, characters had switched. I went to hunt for the Brers as it was close to parade time. Stumbled on the Gravedigger meet first - no line, one Gravedigger (PP). Found Brer Bear entertaining the crowd near Splash. Cast Member kindly took a photo and helped me getting a drawing signed.
- Second group of friends at the party messaged not to rush, they were keeping parade spots for us.
- Aladdin and Abu. Abu saw my drawing, grabbed it and ran off. When I yelled after him he didn't have to steal it, he could keep it if he wanted he promptly fainted. :rolleyes1
- Friend got excited about Gravedigger meet and went to check on that while I walked over to Mansion to check out Magic Shots and Madame Carlotta.
- Found friends for parade, watched Hocus Pocus show in the distance.
- Parade.
- After parade and some strategic wiggling later found a good spot for the final Hocus Pocus show of the day - thank god I am so short, I can squeeze in and still not block anyone's view.

So well, that's it. Any character marked with PP had a photopass photographer then.

I got a message asking for my character itinerary last year.

I doubt anyone is going to run around like me for characters and characters only - plus I haven't really written down the times - but maybe it interests some of you.

- Got in line an hour before official opening, lines were about 10 people deep.
- Straight to Jack and Sally. Couple of groups were already waiting, I was in the first 10 still.
- Friend caught up with me, decided to get food - when hunting food she randomly decided holding a spot in the seven dwarfs line when the place she wanted to eat at was closed.
- Saw Jack and Sally (PP), straight to dwarfs. Found friend just 1/3 down the line in the covered area, they hadn't asked people to squish together yet.
- Friend runs off to try for food again, we agreed to meet at the Pooh gang meet.
- Met dwarfs (PP), took about 45 minutes after they started meeting. Line moved pretty fast, but it was really torture because I had obnoxious groups in front and behind me - friend running off made a lot more sense at that point. ;)
- Caught up with friend at Pooh meet, arrived 10 minutes before they started meeting. 6th in line. Met the gang about half way through first set (PP).
- Tomorrowland for Lotso (PP) who surprisingly signed my drawing, there had been mixed reports.
- Tried for Donald/Daisy and gave up when line had moved less than 3 meters in over half an hour. Goofy was just as bad for some reason.
- Bought 2 party treats on the way to Adventureland. Friend had realized Abu was with Aladdin and she hadn't met him yet. She went for that meet while I lined up for Tarzan.
- Tarzan meet. Only about ten groups in line, line moved really fast. Jane, Tarzan and Terk all signed for me.
- Friend still in line for Aladdin, characters had switched. I went to hunt for the Brers as it was close to parade time. Stumbled on the Gravedigger meet first - no line, one Gravedigger (PP). Found Brer Bear entertaining the crowd near Splash. Cast Member kindly took a photo and helped me getting a drawing signed.
- Second group of friends at the party messaged not to rush, they were keeping parade spots for us.
- Aladdin and Abu. Abu saw my drawing, grabbed it and ran off. When I yelled after him he didn't have to steal it, he could keep it if he wanted he promptly fainted. :rolleyes1
- Friend got excited about Gravedigger meet and went to check on that while I walked over to Mansion to check out Magic Shots and Madame Carlotta.
- Found friends for parade, watched Hocus Pocus show in the distance.
- Parade.
- After parade and some strategic wiggling later found a good spot for the final Hocus Pocus show of the day - thank god I am so short, I can squeeze in and still not block anyone's view.

So well, that's it. Any character marked with PP had a photopass photographer then.
Thanks for your report! I haven’t seen hardly any from people that are meeting characters. I don’t plan on riding any rides except the overlays because we will have another day at mk later in the week. We are mainly going for characters and special shows/parades.

Thanks for your report! I haven’t seen hardly any from people that are meeting characters. I don’t plan on riding any rides except the overlays because we will have another day at mk later in the week. We are mainly going for characters and special shows/parades.

Exactly what I am doing. :) Going to Anaheim this year and my friends are all "whoa" because I have 5 character meets I want to do. My reply was: "Well, I imagine I will be able to get at least two of them done while you are in line for Mansion." There is a reason I am not doing rides during the party.

Exactly what I am doing. :) Going to Anaheim this year and my friends are all "whoa" because I have 5 character meets I want to do. My reply was: "Well, I imagine I will be able to get at least two of them done while you are in line for Mansion." There is a reason I am not doing rides during the party.
I have more than 5 on my list but we are doing two parties

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter