“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I watched Hocus Pocus this afternoon on Amazon Prime. I had never seen it so wanted to understand the Hocus Pocus stuff everyone is talking about. I wish Disney would make more movies like that. It reminded me of the ones I used to watch as a kid - Herbie, That Darn Cat, Ugly Dachshund, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, etc

what time did Captain Jack come out on Friday?

any news/confirmations on the magic shots? (can you tell I'm going through my itinerary again?)

OK, so I watched Hocus Pocus this afternoon on Amazon Prime. I had never seen it so wanted to understand the Hocus Pocus stuff everyone is talking about. I wish Disney would make more movies like that. It reminded me of the ones I used to watch as a kid - Herbie, That Darn Cat, Ugly Dachshund, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, etc
It's great, isn't it? We watch it over and over during the Halloween season. I won't let anyone here put it on yet, (or any a Halloween move or music) until we get closer to Halloween! Lol! I keep trying to hold off until September to officially start the season.
This will be our first MNSSHP and I'm really excited to see the Sanderson sisters!

Going to October 4th party, there are three of us. Not DVC members. We'll have park ticket access to get into MK early. Are we able to line up for Jack and Sally without the wristbands and then tag team going to get wristbands once the locations inside the park open up? Or will they require the wristband to even be in line so early? This is the only must do meet for us. I appreciate any help and information.
Depends on when the CMs arrive to start checking for wristbands. Once they’re there, everyone in line will be required to have one.

Anyone at the 1st party line up early for Jack and Sally then go to Moana? If so, what time did you finish with Moana?

Seems like the “Jacks” are very popular character lines.

My husband has 1 character meet request and that is Jafar

I’m hoping his line won’t be as long
:genie:
We did Jafar last year after 11. We jumped in line when we saw him come out but only 2 families waiting. Swing by and ask his set times and line up 5 minutes before last set. You should be very close to the front

20180820_081851.jpg
Looking for advice on the order of our characters...rides won’t be a priority because we have some pre party fast passes and another MK day prior to the party

We absolutely wanna see
Jafar
Cruella
Queen of hearts
Tarzan Jane and Terk

In that order...how would you strategize that? Kenny says most of the lines should be decent since we’re avoiding jack and Sally’s and the dwarves but we’re trying to be efficient...we wanna see the parade, the fireworks and the hocus pocus show

Thanks !
I would line up for queen of hearts around 615 to 630. Should be done by 715. Then do cruella. She has been seen by teacup or bridge with short wait. Then grab a hub spot for 740 show. Adjust spot for parade and fireworks. While waiting send one person to get set times for tarzan and jafar. Tarzan get there 15 minutes before and jafar 5 minutes. Tarzan will be about 20 minutes if already out and jafar will fill quickly once people see him as he is more out in the open.

Someone posted this on another thread....

Last edited:
How long should I budget if I wanted to get as many of the magic shots as I can? Is an hour too long?

Also, my must M&Gs are Jack/Sally, 7D, and Cruella. Hoping I'll then have enough time to snag a bonus M&G of Alice/Hatter and/or Tarzan. I'm paranoid about getting rained out of the parade, but I could cut one of those showings out of my plan.

I keep paring my plan down, only to then want to add more. This is why I need to go to a second party.

I'm going to be in MK with friends the day of my party (9/9). They will need to leave by 4-4:30 (they aren't staying for the party...they're going to do a different one later in the season) to get home to let their dogs out and prepare for work on Monday. So I'll be back towards the front around then.

Would my best plan be to go to the bypass for my wristband and stuff and then head to the Tiki Room to line up for Moana? She, the parade, and the fireworks are my 100% must-dos. Elvis Stitch and Pooh and Friends are up there, but I'll live if I don't meet them.

Does Pluto have a M&G? If so, where is he? I would put him up in the "must dos" if he meets also - love my Pluto!!!!

Thanks!

How long should I budget if I wanted to get as many of the magic shots as I can? Is an hour too long?

Also, my must M&Gs are Jack/Sally, 7D, and Cruella. Hoping I'll then have enough time to snag a bonus M&G of Alice/Hatter and/or Tarzan. I'm paranoid about getting rained out of the parade, but I could cut one of those showings out of my plan.

I keep paring my plan down, only to then want to add more. This is why I need to go to a second party.

I think you'll find it hard to just do all of the magic shots. The amount of time for each will depend on the line and that will depend on when you go to the location. Plus they are all over the park. You may want to 'schedule' a flexible amount of time for the shots in each area of the park as you are going there for other activities.

I think you'll find it hard to just do all of the magic shots. The amount of time for each will depend on the line and that will depend on when you go to the location. Plus they are all over the park. You may want to 'schedule' a flexible amount of time for the shots in each area of the park as you are going there for other activities.

That's a good point/reality check. I currently have an hour down for treats and magic shots. I'll plan on just hitting them as I go from the attractions with overlays.

I think I accomplished 3 magic shots during my Christmas party last year. I'm hoping lines will be much shorter as I'm going on September 9. I think my priorities are -- Headless horseman, HM ghosts on Main Street, HM hearse, and poison apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter