“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the “Jacks” are very popular character lines.

My husband has 1 character meet request and that is Jafar

I’m hoping his line won’t be as long
:genie:

Reports of the first party have me excited so I've decided I'm definitely attending one this year! I got a studio at BLT for October 16, but I'm waiting until a day or so before to buy tickets in case of inclement weather. If it looks like a lot of rain (a little would be fine) we'll go and enjoy the park before the party (we have APs) and just watch the fireworks from our room. Ditto if the weather is nice but the party sells out before I get my tickets. In this case we'll plan on attending one of the subsequent parties--either the following Friday or Sunday. If we go Friday I might try to get a room, but if we go Sunday we'd have to drive home that night because I can't have the kids miss another day of school after already being out for the 16th/17th.

Hopefully things will work out for the 16th! I'll be starting my planning soon!

We will be there using a park ticket at around 1-2 pm. Do you think we can get wristbands at 2 even though we aren't DVC?

I,m not sure if the boys are willing to wait in line to see jack and sally. I do though. Priority are 7D and Jack Sparrow. How early should we be in line for 7D so we are among the firsts and then just rush to JS line? Any suggestions?
I plan on seeing Jack and Sally first and then 7 dwarfs. Jack and Sally come out at 5 and if you can get to 7 dwarfs by 5:20-5:30, you should be out of that line by 7. The 7 dwarfs start meeting 45-60minutes after Jack and Sally. If you see 7 dwarfs first and then Jack and Sally, you run a chance of being in that line for up to 3 hours (reported waiting time during Friday’s Party).
I’ll put the 3 of you down for meeting at 2. Which day; 25 or 28?

Looking for advice for my "must do" list. I am entering at 4PM.

Jack and Sally
Stitch Elvis
Boo to You Parade
Hallowishes
Muenster Burger at Cosmic Ray's (DH's request)
Jack Skellington Cake Pop
An Event Specific Pin either General or Passholder

Looking for advice on the order of our characters...rides won’t be a priority because we have some pre party fast passes and another MK day prior to the party

We absolutely wanna see
Jafar
Cruella
Queen of hearts
Tarzan Jane and Terk

In that order...how would you strategize that? Kenny says most of the lines should be decent since we’re avoiding jack and Sally’s and the dwarves but we’re trying to be efficient...we wanna see the parade, the fireworks and the hocus pocus show

Thanks !

The Main Street Bypass - Open when the party starts, typically at 4pm.

View attachment 320371

Magic Kingdom will often open up an alternate path located behind the shops on the right-hand side of Main Street (as you face Cinderella Castle) known as the Bypass.

View attachment 320372

During MNSSHP CM's will direct you towards the bypass, some will hold signs others like last year will be yelling, yep, this was reported last year! :laughing:

View attachment 320373

There will be various stations set up including: Party wristbands, treat bags (regular and Teal), photo ops and party merchandise. IIRC, for the past two or three years you were also given your first treats in a plastic bag. These treats have changed over the years. TIP: Ask the CM if you can have TWO!

View attachment 320375

Teal Allergy Friendly Bag
View attachment 320376

View attachment 320374

It was reported that two photo props were available: Halloween Picture Frame and the MNSSHP Bulb which can bee seen on: Post #216 by our very own lovely @Cluelyss & family!!!

They can also be found on: Post #10 Magic Shots - Current Listings

NOTE: This post has been added to the MAIN page on: Post #3: Guide Map, Party Ticket, Bypass, Wristband Locations & Entertainment

Thank you everyone for all the great information you are sharing on this thread, it is really helping us get ready for our party night.

Quick question: Is the entrance of the Bypass at the Confectionery or The Plaza? Cause it would seem strange to have it start at the Plaza and then dump you out at the top of Main Street rather than the bottom. Obviously, we have never used the Bypass before.

It can get very long. We attempted to line up at 6:45 two years ago and the line for his first set was already closed! We came back at 7:45 and was among the first in line for his 8:00 set. Once he actually came out, the line doubled in size. So try to line up at least 15 minutes prior.
Thank you so much! I will plan on lining up around 6:15 at the latest to try and get his first set so we can get that done.

I'm a PH and will be in the park for the day. What time do they start distributing the wristbands in places such as Tortuga's Tavern and Phillarmagic? Do I have a better shot at it by going to park entrance? I believe they'll start there shortly before 4pm.
I really want to line up for Jack and Sally before 4, and I'm solo, so I can't tag team.

I know it's really frowned upon when people come and go from the queue in an attraction. But are people more lenient about these super early character stake outs? I'm thinking, worst case scenario, I line up before 4 and talk the sympathy out of my queue peers in order to make a run form y wirstband. I'm probably be going on Oct 30, so I'm planning for it to be sold out.

On an unrelated Q: do you guys think Oct 30 tend to be less crowded than the 28th? I'm thinking it IS closer to actual Halloween, but it's not on a weekend... I haven't bought my tix yet, so inputs are welcome!
Touring plans predicts the 30th to be better than the 28th

Thank you everyone for all the great information you are sharing on this thread, it is really helping us get ready for our party night.

Quick question: Is the entrance of the Bypass at the Confectionery or The Plaza? Cause it would seem strange to have it start at the Plaza and then dump you out at the top of Main Street rather than the bottom. Obviously, we have never used the Bypass before.
The entrance to the bypass is to the left of Tony’s.

Can anyone confirm what time they picked up their wristbands? And from which location?

I’m hoping to get mine a bit before 4 as I’ll be in park. I’m not a DVC member.

We will be honeymooning from 10/1-10/9 and we've never been to the MNSSHP. What do you veterans recommend we do to really EXPERIENCE the party? We aren't concerned with attractions, as we're pretty confident that we'll get those in. We live in CA, and I worked at DLR in college, and have literally been to DLR more times than I can count. Both of us have only been to WDW once (him in 94 me in 07), so we new to WDW, but not new to theme park touring. We really want to get the most out of the party specifically.

Any DVC members going on 10/11 that are willing to take in two? :)

I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

Anyone know what time Lotso meets?
Should we be in line by 6:00pm or not necessary?

This will be our first MNSSHP.
Oct 21, 2018

Just made fast passes this morning, and had to completely rearrange ADR's in order to get FP's for Flights of Passage and Slinky Dog. Took 2 hours to rebook this morning, but so worth it to see the kid's faces when they woke up! This will be the best trip yet! It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do on this board. So much information. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Tried posting on the other thread but though I'd try on this one:

1. Does mobile ordering work during the party? And does it include the party specific treats?

2. Saw someone else ask and am curious too, can you get a halloween popcorn bucket at Disney Springs? If so, where?

Thanks!!

For those that are going to either the October 25th or 28th Parties and want to enter MK at 2, or just want to get the wristbands at 2(I’m pretty sure that DVC members and their guests can get wristbands at 2 but not sure if everyone else has to wait until 4), I can take 6 guests in (that have Party tickets) at 2 and get wristbands. I’ll post again about two weeks out from the October dates.

We will be a party of 2 on Oct 25. My daughter and I. We have a short trip and this is our only MK day. I’d love to get in a few hours earlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter