“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trick or treating at 7. I don’t know about the party treats.
Thanks!! I still can trick or treat in monaters inc jungle cruise and columbia harbour. After 7 pm we will be around adventureland and liberty square.

Ok since we had FP+ issues and have decided not to try rebooking them our new strategy is that when we arrive we will be sure to hit JC, Mickey's Philharmagic, and COP prior to 6pm. Beyond that we will try to do a few more attractions definitely doing Space Mountain and POTC during the party.
We'll be eating dinner at Cosmic Ray's.
We also plan to try a few treats.
We'll do a little trick or treating and watch the fireworks and then likely leave after that.
If fireworks are going to be delayed or cancelled we will probably just skip them all together.

I’ll also be at the October 25th Party and am a DVC member, so I’ll be entering the park between 1-2 to do 3 FP’s, which will be over by 3:15-3:30 at the latest. I saw on one board that a DVC member entered at around 2 and got a wristband. If that is the case, I’ll probably get in line for Jack and Sally around 3:30 and hopefully be out of the line around 5:15 and walk briskly for the 7 dwarfs. If you want to coordinate for Jack, I’d be willing to hold your place in line while you get your wristband around 4.
We will be there using a park ticket at around 1-2 pm. Do you think we can get wristbands at 2 even though we aren't DVC?

Thank you! I haven’t been to the Halloween party since 2007!!

I am counting the minutes until September!
I've never been to one so I'm a little overwhelmed, but we are doing 2 parties so we should be good. There are so many characters I want to meet, though.

For those that are going to either the October 25th or 28th Parties and want to enter MK at 2, or just want to get the wristbands at 2(I’m pretty sure that DVC members and their guests can get wristbands at 2 but not sure if everyone else has to wait until 4), I can take 6 guests in (that have Party tickets) at 2 and get wristbands. I’ll post again about two weeks out from the October dates.

For those that are going to either the October 25th or 28th Parties and want to enter MK at 2, or just want to get the wristbands at 2(I’m pretty sure that DVC members and their guests can get wristbands at 2 but not sure if everyone else has to wait until 4), I can take 6 guests in (that have Party tickets) at 2 and get wristbands. I’ll post again about two weeks out from the October dates.
I'm interested in this for October 25! We will be in the park so we could meet up with you somewhere to get wristbands. It'll just be two of us: DH and myself. Let me know if this works for you! We plan on using FPs for Space 1-2, PP 2-3, and 7DMT 3-4.

Ok. After spending a lot of time on Twitter, the Disboards, and the MDE app last night, I decided to overhaul my touring plan. It was originally put together under the assumption BTMRR would be closed during party hours and I really wanted to ride Haunted Mansion at night. After seeing wait times for HM never really get below 25-30 minutes last night I don't want to risk running out of time especially since were going to a Friday night party. So I decided to get a FP for it and ride it first thing when we get there. It will also reduce some of the backtracking. I also have ZERO interest in riding Space Mtn. in the dark... I can just close my eyes if I want. IMHO, at that point it's no longer Space Mtn, but instead it's a dark, loud roller coaster that borrows Space Mountain's track. Anyhow, I've updated the plan on Post #549 which is linked on Page 1 (so far only 9/14 party-goer who has posted an itinerary). Thanks!

If you are already in the park and you still want to go thru the bypass, would I just go out and come back in?
Definitely don't need to go back out of the park and re-entry. You can go through the bypass as soon as you have your wristband. We took a few quick pictures in there and got the first bag of candy :)

I’ve heard reports of one DVC member last nite entering at 2 and getting a wristband. If it’s true, myself and my 7 guests would all be able to get wristbands at 2.

Last night being a sell out, I’ll wait a few more weeks reading about Party experiences before deciding how many character meets I’ll try for. I’ll still go for Jack and Sally my first night (October 25). If they come out at 5 and I line up at 3:30-3:45, I’ll wait up to 90 minutes for them but would pass at waiting 3 hours during the 7-12 timeframe which was reported last night. I’d try to get to 7 dwarves by 5:30 and be out of that line by 7. The rest of that night would be doing Character meets that interested me and were no more than a 20 minute wait. My next Party night, I’d line up for Moana and try to get Winnie the Pooh before 7 and then follow the same plan. I would probably make an exception for Cruella and the Queen of Hearts and wait longer than my 20 minute maximum but not by much.
I didn’t see any reports about character meets and magic shots near HH. Did anyone spent
D time there and what were the time waits like?
I read one report of a DVC member arriving between 2-4 and getting their wristband. This will make getting in line easier for me on both of my Party days. I wasn’t looking forward to sending my 10 year old to get his wristband while I waited in line.
I was there last night and got hm photopasses right in front of the waterway by the ride the wait for jack and sally wasn’t too bad but that was the first thing I did moana was the next thing I did and that line was about 1.5 hours only because she kept leaving for breaks and signed around 9 her line was about 30 minutes if that hope this helps I also didn’t see the gravediggers

So it looks like Chiisai was able to get the popcorn bucket fairly easily. Just confirming that it’s only available in liberty square and goes on sale at 7PM. I’m just trying to figure out my game plan because I def want one. :thumbsup2
It’s definitely huge though, so I’ll need to make extra room in my luggage for it.
Hi the oogie bucket was in front of the Aladdin I believe but sold out within a few hours at that location

Trying to find out about how long Jack Sparrow's line can get and a good strategy to meet him. He's our only priority character meet and everything I've found seems to be older posts. Anyone have any input?

Trying to find out about how long Jack Sparrow's line can get and a good strategy to meet him. He's our only priority character meet and everything I've found seems to be older posts. Anyone have any input?
It can get very long. We attempted to line up at 6:45 two years ago and the line for his first set was already closed! We came back at 7:45 and was among the first in line for his 8:00 set. Once he actually came out, the line doubled in size. So try to line up at least 15 minutes prior.

I'm a PH and will be in the park for the day. What time do they start distributing the wristbands in places such as Tortuga's Tavern and Phillarmagic? Do I have a better shot at it by going to park entrance? I believe they'll start there shortly before 4pm.
I really want to line up for Jack and Sally before 4, and I'm solo, so I can't tag team.

I know it's really frowned upon when people come and go from the queue in an attraction. But are people more lenient about these super early character stake outs? I'm thinking, worst case scenario, I line up before 4 and talk the sympathy out of my queue peers in order to make a run form y wirstband. I'm probably be going on Oct 30, so I'm planning for it to be sold out.

On an unrelated Q: do you guys think Oct 30 tend to be less crowded than the 28th? I'm thinking it IS closer to actual Halloween, but it's not on a weekend... I haven't bought my tix yet, so inputs are welcome!

For those that are going to either the October 25th or 28th Parties and want to enter MK at 2, or just want to get the wristbands at 2(I’m pretty sure that DVC members and their guests can get wristbands at 2 but not sure if everyone else has to wait until 4), I can take 6
guests in (that have Party tickets) at 2 and get wristbands. I’ll post again about two weeks out from the October dates.

Thanks Dean. So kind of you! We are three
Me and my two sons. As Haleys said we can meet up somewhere. This is our first time so it will be nice to see you there!

I,m not sure if the boys are willing to wait in line to see jack and sally. I do though. Priority are 7D and Jack Sparrow. How early should we be in line for 7D so we are among the firsts and then just rush to JS line? Any suggestions?

Going to October 4th party, there are three of us. Not DVC members. We'll have park ticket access to get into MK early. Are we able to line up for Jack and Sally without the wristbands and then tag team going to get wristbands once the locations inside the park open up? Or will they require the wristband to even be in line so early? This is the only must do meet for us. I appreciate any help and information.

Anyone have any idea where the Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket is available in Disney Springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter