“Obstructed view verandahs”

gumbypee

DIS Veteran
How much are these obstructed by? Does anyone have any pictures? Trying to decide whether to spend extra money for non-obstructedviews!

thanks guys

The views depend a lot on the ship. YouTube has some great walkthroughs so you can get a sense of specific stateroom views. I stayed 8520 on the Dream and was not bothered at all.

We are cruising tomorrow on the Magic, 3 weeks ago a "secret verandah" room opened up and I grabbed for one $100 more than our 9A Oceanview large window. This room 6634 (Magic & Wonder) has a slant going down and cuts some of the view off the balcony, nothing noticeable. It is a 7A category, which is normally the port hole (Navigator balcony) enclosed verandah. This room has the plexiglass so you can see the ocean while sitting.
These are my go to rooms on the Classic ships. room numbers are 6634, 6134, 7120, 7620. Its barely an obstruction and a really good savings for a plexiglass verandah.
They also have them on The Dream and Fantasy.

So there is a difference in that some have plexiglass and some do not? (Sorry never done a verandah before)

So there is a difference in that some have plexiglass and some do not? (Sorry never done a verandah before)
On the Magic class ships there are some verandahs that have a full white wall on the railing. On the Dream class the white wall is only about shin high.

Magic

Fantasy

Yes there are some that are enclosed with a big open port hole. You have to stand up to see the ocean. The category for the Classic ships are 7A.
Like a PP said, there are a lot of You Tube videos to watch and see cabin tours.

Yes there are some that are enclosed with a big open port hole. You have to stand up to see the ocean. The category for the Classic ships are 7A.
Like a PP said, there are a lot of You Tube videos to watch and see cabin tours.
The big open porthole is on the Magic class - Navigator's verandah

Booked 7084 on fantasy for next year
Found a YouTube video of 7084 on dream so I hope it’s similar!!!

thanks

I also stayed in 8520 on the Dream and it was wonderful. I think it should be similar on the fantasy. Don’t have any pictures but there is a stateroom tour for the room on YouTube. It is only obstructed on the top left corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter