“Mom, it’s the plague and on my Birthday!” 11/21-11/27/17 trip. Complete 2/26. New TR link!

Hi Caroline! Happy New Year to you and Andi! How are the university applications going? Has Andi picked where she wants to go yet? I haven't had the Dis time I've wanted lately so I am way behind on reports. But now with a nice two week break from school and our regular routine, I am slowly getting caught up. Your trip looks like a ton of fun so far! I am really enjoying your updates and am excited for you that you are going back in February!Looking forward to the next installment! :)
:welcome: Hi Suse, nice to see you here, Life does get in the way of these boards, how dare right, lol!

Andi has applied to five Universities and was accepted at all 5. I think she is narrowing it down to 2 in Wisconsin. I will miss her so much no matter where she goes! I am secretly hoping she goes to the 1 that is only 2 hours away not the one 6 hours away!

We really enjoyed the Thanksgiving trip, however the weather was cooler than I am use to, lol! Not like our August trip. I do love the heat in Florida so missed this some.

Okay on with the show. Friday 11/24/17. A misty and cool morning in Epcot. Part 1.............

Today we decided to hit Epcot at RD instead of doing the extra magic hour at MK because it was a 7am opening, to early for us!

We got to Epcot before 9am and it was a busy RD even with a misty light rain falling and cool temperatures it was crowded.

We went straight away to Soarin since our FP was for later in the day at DHS. The wait was not long at all, the CM called for a party of two so we came on down and got concourse B, yay! There were three kids next to us and it was there first time on Soarin and it was fun to watch how excited they were. We enjoyed our flight around the world. Concourse B is the best no distortion. I still like the old one better. Andi likes this one better. The wait time was 60 minutes already, yikes! We just rode the one time.
35EECE7D-0F7A-44E0-876E-9DD7DB9C6260.jpeg

Finding Nemo in the Seas aquarium was next on our agenda.
F8903565-16FE-4112-AEED-327200CBB069.jpeg

Andi always jokes with me and picks attractions or shops around WDW that would be suitable for me to work when I retire from being a nurse, lol! She looks for the ones with older CM’s and says I could see you working here mom.
I tease her and tell her if she works at Disney, she will get calls from CM’s telling her your mom is lost in Fantasyland again and won’t get off Peter Pan, lol!

We enjoyed looking around the aquarium, it wasn’t to busy in there yet. Our next stop was to visit a crazy dragon. Figment was a walk on still so we enjoyed this quirky ride.
7FE016D2-1138-47BD-8233-CAED7646F52E.jpeg

We decided to go into WS it wasn’t open yet so we headed to Norway and France, since these two countries were open. I love France, enjoyed the cute Christmas balls with The French landmarks in them. Norway was really busy with the two Fozen sisters attracting all kinds of attention so we moved on.
E19763AD-0A02-4527-AFE2-5613682D4464.jpeg

It was a little early, however the Cantina was opened in Mexico so we decided to have a snack of Empanadas and chips with fresh guacamole. Both of these were very good. Fresh and tasty on this cool day. After our little lunch, we went into the Mexican pyramid. I noticed some new figures for the movie Coco and outside where Donald usually meets it was decorated for the movie. We took a few pictures here, no pp here today, I have noticed a cool magic shot that @thumper* was able to get. I wish a photographer would have been there today.
C553615A-3FAF-46B4-8326-461378834276.jpeg 5E7E7B4F-4157-484B-B7DF-C1FA12D1BE11.jpeg F9462C79-BACF-4050-8F4F-01DF398E39E9.jpeg

We did the Gran Fiesta ride and shopped some in the pyramid. It was very busy because of the cool rainy weather outside. We ventured out and it was raining a little bit more so we pulled on ponchos and took out the umbrella. We went into Mitsokoshi and bought some candy treats. The peppermints from here are so good. I bought my son Jack some gummy treats, which he loves. We decided to head back to FQ for a rest and to warm up.
E8AE3FC6-5C3F-40B8-B32D-B8D4452444BC.jpeg 0F9D5541-9F76-4804-9139-64EB0D9629E9.jpeg

We tried the beignets, we split the 3. These were okay but nothing like the cafe in New Orleans where I had them once. The powder sugar is on overload!
74A83A7D-F811-4D0C-8BC0-B88E0C532962.jpeg

We took a nice rest and hoped the rain would stop before our evening at DHS!

Coming soon Part 2, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam at DHS!

Happy New Year Caroline and Andi!

I must say I agree with Andi: it's a no for ROL and I much prefer Wishes over HEA, sorry :blush: But the HEA fireworks are beautiful.
I'm so glad you enjoyed AK at night! I feel it's a completely different experience vs. being there during the day and it's given me a new appreciation for the park. Love the TOL Awakenings and riding EE after dark is one of mine and Ricky's favorite things to do!

Concourse B is the best no distortion. I still like the old one better.
Agreed on both accounts!! I miss the old smells :(

We enjoyed looking around the aquarium, it wasn’t to busy in there yet.
I love your manatee picture! They are so cute. A nice place to escape the cold wet morning, inside the seas pavilion!

was a little early, however the Cantina was opened in Mexico so we decided to have a snack of Empanadas and chips with fresh guacamole. Both of these were very good
yummy! Both of those are so tasty!

Looks like you all made the best of the morning at Epcot despite the crows. Especially love Andi scoping out jobs for you :-)

Happy New Year Caroline and Andi!

I must say I agree with Andi: it's a no for ROL and I much prefer Wishes over HEA, sorry :blush: But the HEA fireworks are beautiful.
I'm so glad you enjoyed AK at night! I feel it's a completely different experience vs. being there during the day and it's given me a new appreciation for the park. Love the TOL Awakenings and riding EE after dark is one of mine and Ricky's favorite things to do!
I agree on Wishes for sure, HEA is good but not awesome! Andi is still so sad about Wishes that she doesn't even care about HEA, we didn't see it at all this trip.
AK at night was so fun, hope to spend time in the park at night in February.

Agreed on both accounts!! I miss the old smells :(

I love your manatee picture! They are so cute. A nice place to escape the cold wet morning, inside the seas pavilion!

yummy! Both of those are so tasty!
I was surprised how much distortion on Soarin with the new film if you are not in B. I miss the old one and the smells.
The Seas is always a must for us
This was the first time we had quick service in Mexico, I don't know what took us so long, duh!! very good.

Looks like you all made the best of the morning at Epcot despite the crows. Especially love Andi scoping out jobs for you :-)
The crowds and cool misty weather put a little damper on the morning. Andi loves to put me in the places with the really old CM's, gosh I'm not that old yet, lol!

Yes they are overloaded aren't they. I had turn mine upside down and nock as much off as possible. But they were still yummy.
For sure, the picture I took was after shaking off quite a bit of the powdered sugar! A nice treat, the ice cream sundae looked good!

A fun morning in Epcot! I always love trying a new treat from the gift shop in Japan, the candies are always so tasty!
I love the WS and the Japanese store. The gummy treats are so good and my sister loves peppermint so I bought those for her. The CM's in there are so nice.

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend... It is finally above zero today but barely, 7 degrees:rotfl:During this cold spell, I have become completely addicted to Game of Thrones, oh my. I have read the first book but the series is so good. I am obsessed. I don’t want it to end. I am taking a break from it to write part 2 of the 4th day!

On with the show!! Andi and I took a nice little rest at our resort before we headed out to Hollywood Studios. We had FP+ for TSMM, ToT, and ST and an ADR at Sci-fi Diner. We got to the park around 3pm and headed into Launch Bay, we wanted to do the Visa meet and greet before it closed. We got right in to see Kylo. He is creepy and very tall. He stalked me all the way out of the meet because it was quiet in there and no other people behind us.
27982CFE-60CA-454B-A161-6B4CB6DEBC3D.jpeg
09F43BFF-C160-4DA1-875D-E7231881A291.jpeg

We were ready for Toy Story after this, I was so tired this late afternoon, I was dragging. My shoes seemed to weigh 50#. I had my worst score on Mania because of my lethargy, lol! Andi beat me of course. The park was quite busy, the crowd calendar said it was a 10 today. I needed a pick me up so we got some caffeine after waiting in line for quite awhile. We looked in the shops for some gifts. My sister was watching my sweet little Buddy. He is my dog so I wanted to get her a nice ornament. I did find one that would be safe on the journey home. It was a Mickey head red bell shaped ornament.
I also saw the cutest shirt but it was $55.00 so I thought I would wait on it.
6645E0C8-9453-4B71-AC7E-3E19CC2AD038.jpeg
0F5E0053-9D32-4A8F-B726-6DFA1E5EE524.jpeg

ToT was next so we went and enjoyed this creepy hotel. I am a big ride chicken so I am very proud of myself for going on this ride now. I actual love it as long as I hold on and keep my feet firmly planted on the floor. After our thrilling elevator ride, we ventured towards the Muppets, oh my this area was swamped with people. I have never seen this area so busy. The line for Muppets was way out the door so we passed. Disney had opened up a part of the streets of America here so we sat down and people watched. We saw a younger lady driving a scooter with a small child on her lap, she did not see the curb and went over it and the scooter fell over on its side. No one was hurt but it was scary! It took some time for her and others to get the scooter upright and working. Watch for curbs people!!

Andi and I walked around the Baseline Tap house, very nice little bar with indoor and outdoor seating. I noticed on the wall behind the bar, writers stop is spelled out to give props to the old place. Look for it when you check it out.

It was time for Star Tours FP+. We got a couple new scenes from the Last Jedi so that was cool. The SB line was so busy, I was glad we had the FP this evening. Andi and I found a pp by Gertie so we had some pictures done here. The weather was cool but no rain or mist this evening. I was feeling a little less tired but I was still dragging. I had to tell Andi to slow down a few times, that girl was making me a little testy she walks so fast and where to?? I could only see the back of her most of this evening.
2B48EE12-0A2D-4A22-93D9-77C6B97061FA.jpeg
It was time for our Sci-fi dinner so we went and checked in, it was busy but with 2 people we did get in within 5 minutes. We were hitchhikers in the back of one of the Cars. It was so nice to sit and relax in the 50’s with the cool movie clips on the big screen. Andi passed on a milkshake this evening and I desperately needed a Diet Coke for the caffeine. Our waiter was just fair tonight. He was busy and spent very little time with us. We decided to share the crispy onion rings and the Drive in BBQ burger. This burger has bbq spice, sauce, bacon, cheddar cheese, and crispy fried jalapeño onion straws. The burger comes with French fries. The fries are thick cut and seasoned quite heavy with seasoned salt. Almost to salty for me but I did enjoy everything. The burger was cooked perfectly, it was juicy and tasty. The onion rings here are very good. We always enjoy them. I did feel somewhat revitalized after dinner so that was good.
23F4370B-4F6C-454C-993F-95222297C547.jpeg E3BEE43A-46E3-46CC-9C2B-6DDAE98A10C6.jpeg
3468F5BE-71D8-42B9-9D8E-25DE9C67216A.jpeg
We made it out of the diner with just enough time to get a few pictures with the ToT Christmas magic on it and then find a spot for the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam. I enjoyed this light show, projections and fireworks. We had a decent spot, not great but it was nice enough. We started to walk out with a few minutes left of the show so we could get to the bus stop before the crowds dispersed. This worked well, we were one of the first on the bus.
DD2258A1-DABD-4927-885E-179F2CE7B171.jpeg

This evening was very crowded in a small park, I also was exhausted for some reason so it wasn’t the best night ever but I was in Disney World, it wasn’t snowing or 10 below so I can’t complain right!

Back to the resort for a good nights sleep. stay tuned for Day 5. DS and Epcot!
More pictures in the next post....

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend... It is finally above zero today but barely, 7 degrees:rotfl:During this cold spell, I have become completely addicted to Game of Thrones, oh my. I have read the first book but the series is so good. I am obsessed. I don’t want it to end. I am taking a break from it to write part 2 of the 4th day!
7 degrees. I can see you relaxing poolside now :-)

Glad to hear you are enjoying some warm time inside and doing some great TV binging!

0f5e0053-9d32-4a8f-b726-6dfa1e5ee524-jpeg.292823

ToT was next so we went and enjoyed this creepy hotel. I am a big ride chicken so I am very proud of myself for going on this ride now. I actual love it as long as I hold on and keep my feet firmly planted on the floor.
Good for you!

Great picture!!!! I love, love, loved the MGM decorations.

The SciFi Onion Rings are everything!!! Glad to see you all enjoyed these as much as we did.

We made it out of the diner with just enough time to get a few pictures with the ToT Christmas magic on it and then find a spot for the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam. I enjoyed this light show, projections and fireworks. We had a decent spot, not great but it was nice enough. We started to walk out with a few minutes left of the show so we could get to the bus stop before the crowds dispersed. This worked well, we were one of the first on the bus.
dd2258a1-dabd-4927-885e-179f2ce7b171-jpeg.292824
Love this pic too! Glad to see you all had a good night, even if you were dragging. The ToT projections and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam were some of my favorites!

There were three kids next to us and it was there first time on Soarin and it was fun to watch how excited they were.
That is always the best!

During this cold spell, I have become completely addicted to Game of Thrones, oh my. I have read the first book but the series is so good. I am obsessed. I don’t want it to end. I am taking a break from it to write part 2 of the 4th day!
Oooh, Game of Thrones! I got my dad addicted. For Christmas I got him (and me and my brother) tickets to the Game of Thrones concert. I went last year alone and it was spectacular. If there is one coming to your area-do it!

Sounds like a nice evening! I love the PP pics, especially the one of Andi trying to stand up to Kylo Ren :)

Smart idea leaving before the end of the show to get to the bus!

I hope you were able to catch up on some sleep after the tiring day!

Love your pictures.......although I had no clue who Kylo is.....I had to ask Tom if he was a Star Wars character :duck:.......I really am from the Darkside...lol........he is the Star Wars fan not me.......:blush:

Love seeing your ToT pictures........that was a ride we loved.....and those onion rings......wow.......wish I could still eat onions!

It is lovely seeing the wonderful time you and your daughter had.........

Oh and we are huge GoT fans........Kyle bought them all on DVD and we were never interested in it......till we watched the first 5 seconds........we were hooked immediately and binge watched the whole lot........I’m too embarrassed to tell you how quickly we watched them all in.......lol.......

Can’t wait to read more.........:wave2:

Yes, galactic hero here! I’m not proud but I will brag anyway lol! Check out our picture!

Bragging rights are totally deserved! I've done this once and I wouldn't let it go :P

Cute picture! Andi is such an adorable Disney fan :)

Today was suppose to rain all day according the weather apps, however, it never rained a drop the whole day!!:dogdance:

Leave it to Florida! You never really can predict the weather.

Pandora was lovely as ever and the river ride was wonderful. I really enjoy this calming ride with all the beautiful colors. I know many on here don’t care for it but I sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

I agree, I like it too. It's not the most thrilling ride, and I wouldn't wait a long time for it, but I really enjoy it when I do it with FP.

I'm also a gummy fan here!

ToT was next so we went and enjoyed this creepy hotel. I am a big ride chicken so I am very proud of myself for going on this ride now. I actual love it as long as I hold on and keep my feet firmly planted on the floor.

You're braver than I am! I considered trying ToT this trip and chickened out yet again. I don't think I'll ever do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!