“Mom, it’s the plague and on my Birthday!” 11/21-11/27/17 trip. Complete 2/26. New TR link!

I am SO sorry to hear about Andi's illness! What a bummer. She was a trooper for toughing it out as long as she did. If there is a silver lining, I suppose it's that this happened on the last full day and not the first one! It's never fun to be sick on vacation though :sad2: (been there, done that) :headache:

Love your TR! :cloud9:

What camera did you use on this trip? Pictures are extraordinary!
:welcome: and :thanks:. Andi has a canon middle of the road camera and also many are taken with the good old IPhone.

Poor Andi! I can only imagine how disappointed she was! I've had three winter trips where I've gotten sick while at Disney, and one was really terrible and kept me in the room for a couple of days. I feel Andi's pain, and then on top of it all the fact that it was her birthday! And the night of the party! So unfortunate! :(

I liked her princess pictures from CRT though! I especially like the one with Merida - that's pretty rare for her to be at CRT! I liked the food there too, but Nathan agreed about the portions being small. He walked away a bit hungry like you said your husband would have.
It was a bummer especially with her Birthday and the party. We loved CRT both times we have had dinner but I think we are done for awhile. The cost and small amount of food are a negative to go more often.

Aww poor Andi :( She still looks very happy in all the photos. How different to see Merida at CRT!

Adorable pics with the Pooh Gang! And I love the PP picture with the frame!

I'm so sorry you all had to cut the night short. I can't imagine how crappy she was feeling, really must have stunk to have her birthday end like that.
It was really nice to see Merida at CRT, she was so nice and talkative, more so than the others.
The meet with Pooh and Friends was so fun, loved it.
I felt really bad for Andi, she was bummed

Poor Andi - she really did look like she was being a good sport for pictures, though!
She was a good sport, trying to keep going but just couldn’t.

Awe :sad1: poor Andi.
I know, such a bummer

Oh, no! Such a bummer!

Yikes…that is small! Definitely not a man-sized portion. Guess CRT os out for my trips with DH :sad2:

Adorable! She sure put on a good face, despite her not feeling well :-)

Good luck to ANdi! My DD wants to do this, as well!

Those pictures are super cute :love:

You wouldn't have been able to enjoy it without her. Super bummer, but it happens.
The portions were pretty small at CRT
Andi is really hoping to get in the CP at some point during her college years
We mostly got pictures for our hour long party, lol!
I know I couldn’t have stayed without Andi, it would not been fun for me

I am SO sorry to hear about Andi's illness! What a bummer. She was a trooper for toughing it out as long as she did. If there is a silver lining, I suppose it's that this happened on the last full day and not the first one! It's never fun to be sick on vacation though :sad2: (been there, done that) :headache:
Here is to healthy trips in our future!!
I was glad it happened at the end of the trip if it had to occur, bummer!:crazy2:

Day 7, our farewell to the most magical place on earth!!

Well, the last day always comes doesn’t it? Today we would be heading back to the frigid north.
Andi had a fitful night of sleep but wasn’t as achy in the morning. She was a trouper, I will say!
We had 1 FP+ today at AK for FOP, this was an early one around 900. I told Andi I was fine missing it but she wanted to go. We gathered up all our belongings and had it ready for flight check in. I had checked at the lobby the evening before about a possible late check out in case Andi was moving really slow, however, they could not obliged, no biggie after all since we were ready to head out by 830.
895802A5-A1B6-4B9C-8D6D-5EF5EC559A07.jpeg 3F38F81C-5D12-469B-B1EB-7C0E28CFCFF2.jpeg B8230A87-392C-4C83-8415-5D9209ADE9AE.jpeg
We got an AK bus quickly and we were on our way. Soon we were flying on our banshee in Pandora. This is such a fun ride. We didn’t do much else at AK today. Andi was a little woozy after the ride today but handled it fine.

We headed out to MK, we were able to get a bus pretty quickly. Andi made us a FP for Buzz on the bus. The FP was fairly immediate so that was nice. We hopped in the beautiful MK and headed over to Buzz. This ride is fun but could be so much better. I wonder if they will update it one of these years?
A28F89E9-D818-4569-B304-FFCEBE077E7A.jpeg 8E0739D7-247C-4B04-BE2D-1413270B2F9D.jpeg 567FCB7A-C62D-4980-B8E3-3DBF785A4C3A.jpeg

We got a FP for Pooh so we enjoyed a ride through the blustery day and also rode Dumbo. It was time for a snack from Casey’s after the ride. We got corn dog nuggets, cheese, and fries. We sat by the Plaza and enjoyed our last day at MK. I was craving some of that delicious ice cream from the Plaza after the meal so I went and got myself the kids mint chocolate chip cone. This was so good. I forgot to get a picture. Andi was not on top of the picture game today since she was still under the weather so no ice cream picture.
FF3957B5-4449-4B85-8070-C922B399F4EB.jpeg 9808B8E7-FCE1-4EA1-93BB-038E617E6814.jpeg FFBDACFA-3DB5-48B5-A580-BC37FB049AA5.jpeg 0B469597-A1BA-4414-9942-C841052515DD.jpeg
We were able to get a FP for IASW, this would be our last ride of this trip. We enjoyed our journey through all the lands with the trippy dolls. It was time to say farewell to MK and head back to FQ.

ME had implemented the 4 hour time for airport returns so we had a pick up time at 1:45 for a 6:00 flight, ugh that is early.

The airport was busy and it did take about 40 minutes to get through regular security, however, we literally had 2.5 hours to sit and do nothing, yuck! Our flights home were great, everything was on time and no weather issues so that was good.

So another wonderful trip in the books. Thank you so much for reading and commenting I so enjoy interacting with all of you!

Recap of this trip............... New things we did were RoL, AK in the dark, The Tree Trail, Meet Santa Claus at DHS, The Candlelight Processional, Jingle Jam, Projections on ToT. New dining for us included Morimoto, Blaze Pizza, Ghiradelli, and D-luxe burger. Many positives this trip overall, a few bummer ones such as luggage scare and Andi being sick on her Birthday.

I hope to write a TR for our upcoming February trip so if I do I will add the link here!!

Good timing getting your TR done right before your next trip! I, sadly, didn't do quite so well on that front. :laughing: I'm glad Andi was starting to feel a little better this day, but it's so rough when you're sick on vacation. Sending good vibes her way for a very healthy trip this time! Have fun!

Poor Andi sick on her birthday and the Christmas Party. She definitely was a trooper though.

Thanks again for sharing your adventures. I hope Casey and I can have similar experiences when she is older. You 2 definitely know how to have fun, even with the plague :-)

We got corn dog nuggets, cheese, and fries.
Yay! These are among my favorite things ever :laughing::thumbsup2

We sat by the Plaza and enjoyed our last day at MK.
It's so important to just appreciate being there, isn't it? I really try to tell myself to slow down and enjoy the moment... they are too few and too short!

ME had implemented the 4 hour time for airport returns so we had a pick up time at 1:45 for a 6:00 flight, ugh that is early.
Ugh, my flight home is at 6am, so that'll mean a 2am pick-up! Do I even bother going to bed?! :laughing: Too bad it wasn't a night when one of the parks was open super late... I really would just wait it out. :rotfl:

So another wonderful trip in the books. Thank you so much for reading and commenting I so enjoy interacting with all of you!
It's our pleasure! Thanks so much for sharing your memories with us :goodvibes It's what keeps me going in between trips ::yes::

I hope to write a TR for our upcoming February trip so if I do I will add the link here!!
Yes, please do! And have a wonderful time!!! :goodvibes

I just read your entire report. Bummer that Andi was sick on her birthday and at the party, but I'm glad she wasn't sick for the entire trip. It's miserable to feel bad on vacation, especially in Disney! I enjoyed reading your report!

I'm glad Andi was feeling better enough to enjoy your final morning! Sounds like you got on a lot of classic MK rides and enjoyed a nice snack at Caseys!

I do hope you write a TR for your February trip! Have a wonderful time!! :banana:

Here are the pictures I took during the dinner. There is not a photo pass photographer here so you take your own.
23aa50a7-0d83-4eb8-a674-6dfcec1bad45-jpeg.299802

Hey! I know Ariel ;) Sorry Andi was feeling so terrible though! Thanks for the great trip report :D

Good timing getting your TR done right before your next trip! I, sadly, didn't do quite so well on that front. :laughing: I'm glad Andi was starting to feel a little better this day, but it's so rough when you're sick on vacation. Sending good vibes her way for a very healthy trip this time! Have fun!
Thank you, Andi was a trooper that last day! Nice to see you at MK, I have the blues now since our weather here is so winter like, yuck!

Poor Andi sick on her birthday and the Christmas Party. She definitely was a trooper though.

Thanks again for sharing your adventures. I hope Casey and I can have similar experiences when she is older. You 2 definitely know how to have fun, even with the plague :-)
Thank you Kari, here is to many fun mother and daughter experiences in all of our futures!

Yay! These are among my favorite things ever :laughing::thumbsup2

It's so important to just appreciate being there, isn't it? I really try to tell myself to slow down and enjoy the moment... they are too few and too short!

Ugh, my flight home is at 6am, so that'll mean a 2am pick-up! Do I even bother going to bed?! :laughing: Too bad it wasn't a night when one of the parks was open super late... I really would just wait it out. :rotfl:

It's our pleasure! Thanks so much for sharing your memories with us :goodvibes It's what keeps me going in between trips ::yes::

Yes, please do! And have a wonderful time!!! :goodvibes
Thank you Tracy, we did have a great trip, this February trip was also so wonderful, we just got home yesterday! The ME is back to 3 hours now so a little better!

I just read your entire report. Bummer that Andi was sick on her birthday and at the party, but I'm glad she wasn't sick for the entire trip. It's miserable to feel bad on vacation, especially in Disney! I enjoyed reading your report!
Ahh Thank you for joining in and commenting. It really was a bummer for Andi to be sick especially when we had so much planned for that day, oh well I am just thankful we had the trip and she wasn’t ill for to long!

I'm glad Andi was feeling better enough to enjoy your final morning! Sounds like you got on a lot of classic MK rides and enjoyed a nice snack at Caseys!

I do hope you write a TR for your February trip! Have a wonderful time!! :banana:
Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments, we really had a great trip and this one in February was so wonderful, we got back yesterday, wish we could have stayed until April, then maybe our weather here would be better!

Hi Everyone,

We are back from an awesome trip, the weather was the best February weather we have had in a long time. Each day was sunny and 85! No rain, very little humidity and plenty of the beautiful sunshine!!

We arrived back home yesterday evening and stayed ahead of a snow storm thank goodness! This is what I woke up to this morning, yuck! We got over 20 inches of snow this past week while we were gone.

7B9C2CFD-DF63-4186-BE25-186E8A72D778.jpeg

Stay tuned for a new trip report link, coming soon!

Hi Everyone,

We are back from an awesome trip, the weather was the best February weather we have had in a long time. Each day was sunny and 85! No rain, very little humidity and plenty of the beautiful sunshine!!

We arrived back home yesterday evening and stayed ahead of a snow storm thank goodness! This is what I woke up to this morning, yuck! We got over 20 inches of snow this past week while we were gone.

View attachment 304631

Yikes! We just got back as well (MA) and the six inches of snow they got while we were gone had already melted. Where are you with so much left?

Each day was sunny and 85! No rain, very little humidity and plenty of the beautiful sunshine!!
That sounds amazing!!! But did it make coming home to all that snow that much harder?! ;) I'm in NY and the weather just doesn't know what it wants to do. Right now we don't have a stitch of snow because we go from tons of it to 60 degrees within a matter of days so it just keeps building up, melting, and then starts back over :sad2: Hurry up, spring! :laughing:

Can't wait to get that TR link - excited to hear about another trip! :goodvibes

Joining in! I love the planning too! My hubby and boys love Disney as much as my daughter and I, but I would love to start doing Mother/Daughter trips with her! I look forward to reading!! :)

Well, the last day always comes doesn’t it?

Sadly, yes :sad:

We hopped in the beautiful MK and headed over to Buzz. This ride is fun but could be so much better. I wonder if they will update it one of these years?

I always think that too. It's confusing to me why they haven't made it more like TSMM :confused3

That stinks! I'm glad they've gone back to three hours.

:love:

Oh, no! Yikes!

Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!