“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

We would have loved to experience the ride except the waiting was not something we wanted to do this am.

Don't blame you, the lines for that ride have been bonkers!

It was time to walk into DA, this entrance never gets old! The details are amazing.

So true. Diagon Alley feels truly magical.

We got some ice water and a very dry blueberry scone, boo!!

Starbucks pastries can be so darn disappointing.

The big yellow one was out meeting people.

:rotfl: This description made me giggle

I love this train ride, make sure to do it both ways, it is different each way.

Whaaat, I don't think I knew that? OR I forgot it!

IMG_Sep102019at60636PM.jpg

These look so good! Especially intrigued by that sprinkle one!

The balcony overlooked Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk. It was beautiful! It made me so happy:lovestruc.

Wow, what an amazing upgrade. The view is just incredible.

These rooms look so spacious and fresh! Love it!

I decided on the nachos and Andi had the kids cheese empanadas con queso.

The nachos are so yummy from there!

:rotfl: This description made me giggle

where are these rooms? they look great

I will definitely be back at US/IOA in the future!
Thanks for the rundown on your experience there!
The CM was very friendly and said our room was ready and we had a waterview:D This was an upgrade from standard view.
Awesome!
We found our room and guess what, magic bands would not open the door, nope, nada:sad2:
:headache: So frustrating. This seems to happen far too often.
I will be sad when it goes down for a long refurb. Epcot was looking a little sad with all the construction going on!
::yes:: I feel like I kind of grew up with EPCOT. My first trip was shortly after it opened and I've got all kinds of memories from the early days of that park. It's kind of bittersweet... I realize the park needs an update, but I'm afraid that it just won't feel like the park I remember when they get done changing everything around.
We were hungry and decided on QS in Mexico.
Always an excellent choice!
We walked back to the room and had a little dessert on the deck watching Illuminations!pixiedust:
That's the life, right there!

Well, I got myself several updates behind. The new school and activity schedule is really taking it out of me!

Your whole universal trip sounded like lots of fun. I think a couple days at a deluxe sounds just right for what it is. And all of those treats some so good! You're making me hungry (and it doesn't help that I don't get to eat until after back to school night tonight).

What a nice room upgrade. That fireworks view is gorgeous.

We just didn’t want to wait about 2 hours before the park opened! That would have been the only way to get on, if it didn’t breakdown!
It will never get old!
Yes, with all the awesome pastries in the park, we picked the wrong place!
This description made me giggle
I don’t really know Transformers at all, is he a nice one? I’m thinking he is because he is yellow :rotfl:
Yes! Totally different experience on the train from park to park
Oh my gosh Karamie! These were the best macarons I have ever had, the sprinkle one was the birthday cake one, so good!
It really was!
I swear it was bigger than our GF room, maybe because it was a corner room?? Either way it was my favorite this trip!
I agree, guacamole next time with it for me!
where are these rooms? they look great
Hi! The first room at Universal was Portofino Bay and the second room was at the Yacht Club in the Epcot area!

Thanks for the rundown on your experience there!
You are welcome! It really was fun and we hope to back again in a year or two!
The view was awesome!
So frustrating. This seems to happen far too often.
I keep reading how it is such a common occurrence now! Darn technology!
I feel like I kind of grew up with EPCOT. My first trip was shortly after it opened and I've got all kinds of memories from the early days of that park. It's kind of bittersweet... I realize the park needs an update, but I'm afraid that it just won't feel like the park I remember when they get done changing everything around.
I so agree with you. I never had the opportunity to see Epcot as a child, it didn’t exist haha! The first time I did see it in my early 20’s it was so amazing to me! Back then the dancing water, Illuminations, SE, and other attractions were beyond anything I had ever dreamed about! Loved it!
Always an excellent choice!
We do love the QS in Mexico along with everyone else :rotfl:
That's the life, right there!
This was the best! Balcony and Fireworks together can’t be beat!

Well, I got myself several updates behind. The new school and activity schedule is really taking it out of me!

Your whole universal trip sounded like lots of fun. I think a couple days at a deluxe sounds just right for what it is. And all of those treats some so good! You're making me hungry (and it doesn't help that I don't get to eat until after back to school night tonight).

What a nice room upgrade. That fireworks view is gorgeous.
Real life sure get in the way of our Disney obsession doesn’t it?
US is such a fun place! Once your girls are a little older, you will need to go for sure!! The macarons are worth every penny!
I was so happy with our room, it was awesome!

Epcot was looking a little sad with all the construction going on!
Ugh I really, really noticed the construction this week-so much more than in August :( And coming in from the monorail it's SO bad looking! Just have to deal with it until it's done and hope it's all worth it!

You had a similar room to us but definitely in the better spot! lol ours was the same view but the last part of YC that stuck out haha but what an awesome upgrade! You cannot beat that view!

I'm still bummed DH and I couldn't muster up a Dismeet! Hopefully some other time we can!

Hello again!! So sorry I've been falling behind, school has been crazy!

We got right in, no wait. I ordered the American sliders off of the appetizer menu. Andi got the Impossible burger with cheese fries. Andi loved her burger and fries. I really liked mine as well. The burgers were cooked a perfect medium and tasted really good. Each slider had an onion ring, cheese, and coleslaw on it. The coleslaw wasn’t my favorite but overall these burgers were delicious! We drank ice water since it was so hot. We skipped dessert at this time. I had plans for a visit to Toothsome and Vodoo Doughnuts later.

All of this looked great!

We picked out 4 different donoughts. The Captain Crunch, the Vodoo doll, the little pink, and the pride one. Pictures in the next post. Ahh these were also amazing and delicious!!
IMG_Sep82019at74253PM.jpg

So jealous you guys got to go to VooDoo! I want to go so bad, all of their donuts look great!

We really enjoyed our short and sweet stay at Universal! This is enough time for us there. We enjoy the parks and have fun but riding the rides there over and over is not for us!

We were able to do Spider-Man x2, King Kong x1, Cat in the Hat x2, Carousel in Seuss Landing x1, Trolley x1, HPFJ x2, Hogwarts Express x1 to DA, Andi also did the Hulk x1. We missed JP ride and Raptor experience in IOA. We also did not get on Hagrid’s new ride in Islands. Overall we felt like we did the attractions we wanted to do there.

At Universal Studios, we did Despicable Me x1, Race thru NY x1, Mummy x2 (Andi solo), Transformers x1, ET x1, Character meet with Sponge Bob, MIB x2. We skipped Fast&Furious, a real dud ride, we did 1x last year and never need to do again! We also skipped Shrek 4D, we have done this attraction many times and didn’t feel the need this trip. Andi also did Rip Ride Rocket coaster x2. A big No for me with that one!

I am so glad you guys had a great time at Universal! You guys got so much done!!

Vodoo yummy, a little beat up from the Lyft ride to WDW
IMG_Sep102019at61556PM.jpg

These look INCREDIBLE!!!

IMG_Sep122019at15724PM.jpg

Looking to the left
IMG_Sep122019at15805PM.jpg

Looking to the right
IMG_Sep122019at15845PM.jpg

Looking straight ahead

What a view!!

We were hungry and decided on QS in Mexico. It was busy. Andi had to scope out a table while I ordered the food. She did find a two topper on the patio area. I decided on the nachos and Andi had the kids cheese empanadas con queso. Both were good! I wished I had got a side of guacamole. I love that stuff on my nachos! I enjoyed mine except it would have been better with guacamole. It was a lot of food for me and about 1/2 was left behind.
IMG_Sep152019at91121PM.jpg

IMG_Sep152019at91211PM.jpg

Another delicious looking meal!

Ugh I really, really noticed the construction this week-so much more than in August :( And coming in from the monorail it's SO bad looking! Just have to deal with it until it's done and hope it's all worth it!
I believe it, they have closed so many areas now since August! We will have to hang in the WS until it improves ::yes:: This is still Andi’s favorite park despite all the construction. Mine is AK!

You had a similar room to us but definitely in the better spot! lol ours was the same view but the last part of YC that stuck out haha but what an awesome upgrade! You cannot beat that view!

I'm still bummed DH and I couldn't muster up a Dismeet! Hopefully some other time we can!
I remember your pictures from your YC room. We really did get lucky especially with having booked standard! I loved the balcony, so nice and the view was spectacular.
I know! When is your March trip? We maybe going 3/22-3/28.

Hello again!! So sorry I've been falling behind, school has been crazy!
No worries! Your school is most important! You must be very busy with your graduation coming in December. Are you graduating early?
All of this looked great!
We really enjoyed our food at Hard Rock!
So jealous you guys got to go to VooDoo! I want to go so bad, all of their donuts look great!
I will say a Lyft ride to City Walk for the donuts and macarons would be worth it in my book!
am so glad you guys had a great time at Universal! You guys got so much done
We did fit in a fair amount for our short stay!
These look INCREDIBLE!!!
The donuts are so fresh and the taste is the best!
What a view!!
We sure got a nice upgrade!
Another delicious looking meal!
Nachos and queso in Mexico, yum!!

Wow! That is unusual for that to happen up north! Thank goodness you didn’t have major damage!

Yeah, it really is. It was technically a post-tropical storm by the time it made landfall here, but it was only by a difference of a few mph in the wind. There were trees down all over the city, and some people were almost a week without power. There was even a video going around of a giant crane that had been up for construction on this large building downtown that collapsed over the building in the wind. Fortunately, nobody was hurt. Glad it's over now, and hoping that we don't see any more nasty storms this season!

Right! Any time you can have a good meal for under $25.00 at Disney is rare!

Absolutely! You did great maximizing your value for your money!

Hello Everyone!

This post starts with August 18, 2019! Our first full day at Disney!

Now, I am not going to sugar coat this update even though we were heading to the most magical place on earth, AKA MK!!

This morning was not without some really frustrating moments. Thank goodness we also had some wonderful highlights mixed in!

We headed out of our beautiful room to the bus stop. The bus app failed us more than not this trip. The times were never really very accurate and we missed a few buses because of it.
The bus ride was uneventful and we were at MK around 8:30. It felt fairly crowded already, ugh!

IMG_Sep212019at74848PM.jpg

We did stop to admire the beautiful Cinderella’s castle and decided to line up on the bridge going to Liberty Square. Our first ride plan was PPF. This ride seals the deal for me, meaning it makes me so happy and welcomes me “home”

As we were waiting on the bridge, I realized Ms. Sass had replaced my sweet mellow Andi. Man this girl was irritable this hot, steamy morning. I’m sure it was hormone related, you all know what I mean! She was complaining about everything! The crowds, people standing to close to her, and even her mom! Like what? I didn’t deserve any negativity. I have to say it did put a damper on my wait for PPF! I know we all have off days and wake up a little irritated but geesh, you are WDW!

The Welcome show started and I was able to catch a glimpse of Minnie and Mickey. The Fairy Godmother says Bibbity Bobbity Boo and we were off to the races! There was scrim around the little snack area at Liberty Square and it really caused a bottle neck for a bit. Ms. Sass complained about this! We got in line and walked on through the queue rather quickly. Just before we got on the ride I saw @kastoney and her family coming into the stand by line. I waved to her and knew I would get to see her at Splash later on.

IMG_Sep212019at74938PM.jpg

I love this ride! Hi Nana! I always say that. Nana is one of my favorite Peter Pan characters! We flew through London and Neverland. There, now I am home and hopefully Ms. Sass will lighten up! :rotfl:

We were able to walk on Pooh and Little Mermaid. Our HM FP was starting and we headed over there. It was Andi’s first time with the photo and I didn’t say where it was, she looks fine and I don’t know what I am doing, of course! The laughable HM photos continue!:laughing:

IMG_Sep212019at75616PM.jpg

IMG_Sep212019at75518PM.jpg

It was time to get a snack, Ms. Sass wanted a Mickey pretzel, her loving, non cranky mother agreed! We sat at the Lunching Pad and had a pretzel and some ice water. A CM was making Disney characters on the concrete. He made Donald. I thanked him and got a picture. A person came by and just walked right on it with total disregard to the art:sad:
IMG_Sep212019at75731PM.jpg

I needed to get on PM, I knew this would improve my mood. It sure did. During this ride, I was texting with Tracy from the Dis. She was at Aloha Isle meeting up with Ariella and Kari.
IMG_Sep212019at75845PM.jpg

After our ride, we walked over to our FP at 7DMT, this is always a fun ride. I love the smooth roller coaster and in the mine. I always sing the song over and over. Ms. Sass was having fun now and a tad less crabby.
IMG_Sep212019at75637PM.jpg

We made our way through FL and right by the Tangled area we ran into @Tracy161. We quickly introduced ourselves and visited for a few minutes. We were right in the traffic flow so we just said a quick :wave2:. I knew we would see her again soon, all I can say is what a sweet nice lady she is!! Even cranky Andi said she was nice:sad2:

It was time to try the newly famous Reds Revenge from Sunshine Tree Terrace. It was so hot out and this was very good! Andi ate the chocolate hat or as some say uterus:laughing: she said it was good. I loved the strawberry flavors, it did melt fast and we had to eat/drink it fast.

IMG_Sep212019at75805PM.jpg

Ariella texted me and gave me directions to their secret sitting area. This is a really nice area and for all the times I have walked by here, I didn’t even know it was there. We got to say hi to @StarWarsMomofGirls! her family and @kastoney and her family. We discussed the heat and crowds. We all walked over to Splash and rode together with our FP+. This was so fun! Improved my morning! Thanks for meeting up with us, ladies and I am sorry if Andi was a little cranky!
IMG_Sep212019at75550PM.jpg
Everyone nailed the picture, I played scared like always!:hyper:
IMG_Sep212019at80012PM.jpg

Andi went to meet her friend R from Minnesota after the ride. I said goodbye to my wonderful dis friends and walked towards MainStreet. It was really hot and crowded. I thought I would go into Starbucks for a refresher, not a good idea! It was busy in there but the line moved fast and I ordered quickly. This is where my luck ends. There were so many people waiting on their orders, I should have realized this was a bad sign. I literally waited 40 minutes for a drink that I think is pre made. I was so hot and needed some water. I went up to the counter to ask for water and the CM yells out in a very loud voice, “you can’t stand this close to the counter” at me. I had literally seen many people go up and ask for water! I counted to 10 and politely asked for a glass of water. She made me wait at least 10 minutes, glared at me and finally gave me an ice water! What the h***! I guess everyone was irritable today! I just had it by then. I took my water and left. Starbucks got my $5.00 today and I was just so glad to get out of there, I didn’t care.

I headed out of MK, I was done with the heat and crowds this morning! I vowed to not go back into that Starbucks again this trip! It was complete chaos. I got a bus back to YC. I entered our room and it was hot! The temp was 76 degrees. I called down and a really nice maintenance lady came up. She informed me our balcony door was not completely shut and this causes the air to turn off. Once we fully shut the door, the air was working fine! So remember in the rooms with a balcony make sure the door clicks or the air will not work!

Our room was freshly cleaned and I decided to take a rest. Overall MK was fun this morning, however, Ms. Sass, the heat, the crowds, and my experience at Starbucks caused me so much frustration!

Stay tuned for a fun evening without crabbiness :thumbsup2

Yeah, it really is. It was technically a post-tropical storm by the time it made landfall here, but it was only by a difference of a few mph in the wind. There were trees down all over the city, and some people were almost a week without power. There was even a video going around of a giant crane that had been up for construction on this large building downtown that collapsed over the building in the wind. Fortunately, nobody was hurt. Glad it's over now, and hoping that we don't see any more nasty storms this season!

Absolutely! You did great maximizing your value for your money!
We had a night 3 years ago that was like a tropical storm, we had 80 mile an hour straight line winds and there was such blow down here, trees were so damaged! We did t have power at our house for 1 week, that is so hard! I can’t imagine surviving for weeks without power! We still have tree damage here from that storm. That was crazy!

It was nice to save a few bucks since I gave Starbucks my $5.00!

She was complaining about everything! The crowds, people standing to close to her, and even her mom! Like what? I didn’t deserve any negativity. I have to say it did put a damper on my wait for PPF! I know we all have off days and wake up a little irritated but geesh, you are WDW!
Oh I so do not look forward to days in MK with a teenager. Casey can have her moments, but I know they are nothing compared to what the hormonally fueled moments will be. Good news is I had no idea Andi was in a mood so she played it off nicely :D

Just before we got on the ride I saw @kastoney and her family coming into the stand by line. I waved to her and knew I would get to see her at Splash later on.
:wave: Love when we just get to run into each other

It was Andi’s first time with the photo and I didn’t say where it was, she looks fine and I don’t know what I am doing, of course! The laughable HM photos continue!:laughing:
IMG_Sep212019at75616PM.jpg
How does Andi look like this when she doesn't even know where the camera is :confused3

We must have been on the same path as you all this day. We did HM right after PP and had a pretzel at the lunching pad and some time on the people mover (aka pooper) too

Andi ate the chocolate hat or as some say uterus:laughing: she said it was good. I loved the strawberry flavors, it did melt fast and we had to eat/drink it fast.
Love a good uterus on a hot day :P

It was so great to spend a little bit of time with you all. I think we may have had the silliest boat in the wilderness :-)

here were so many people waiting on their orders, I should have realized this was a bad sign. I literally waited 40 minutes for a drink that I think is pre made. I was so hot and needed some water. I went up to the counter to ask for water and the CM yells out in a very loud voice, “you can’t stand this close to the counter” at me. I had literally seen many people go up and ask for water! I counted to 10 and politely asked for a glass of water. She made me wait at least 10 minutes, glared at me and finally gave me an ice water! What the h***! I guess everyone was irritable today! I just had it by then. I took my water and left. Starbucks got my $5.00 today and I was just so glad to get out of there, I didn’t care.
Ugh, I am so sorry. That is beyond ridiulous. You would think they could tell you when you ordered how far behind they are so you don't waste your time. We've only gone in that Starbucks twice because every other time the lines are just insane. Hope the crowds got better for you as the week went on.

We got in line and walked on through the queue rather quickly. Just before we got on the ride I saw @kastoney and her family coming into the stand by line.
How funny! I saw Kari and her family in the line for PPF too! I was in the FP line and we passed each other :laughing:

I needed to get on PM, I knew this would improve my mood. It sure did.
It always does, doesn't it? :cloud9:

Ms. Sass was having fun now and a tad less crabby.
Good! :thumbsup2 When I travel solo, the only sassy mood I have to watch out for is my own :lmao:

I knew we would see her again soon, all I can say is what a sweet nice lady she is!! Even cranky Andi said she was nice:sad2:
Awww, the feeling was mutual! Was so fun to just run into you two and it was only a preview of the fun still to come!

I literally waited 40 minutes for a drink that I think is pre made.
:scared1: I have no words. I would have been SO cranky about this. Especially after being yelled at! :sad2:

Overall MK was fun this morning, however, Ms. Sass, the heat, the crowds, and my experience at Starbucks caused me so much frustration!
I'm glad you still managed to have some fun, but hopefully this day is going to turn around after a nice rest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!