“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

Well, I've been going by Doc for 30+ years, not sure if I could train myself to answer to chef.
You could answer to both!
That sounds like a cool thing to do for friends...something made vs. just bought!
The candles turned out really cute!
Glad you were able to. With all the problems and delays, I thought you were trying to duck me (not that I'd blame you).
I’m sorry about that, the cold made me feel yucky those first few days. I wasn’t trying to ghost you, lol!!
It wasn't sweet...it was a bribe. I knew you'd probably not want to meet the ugly old guy again, but knew you liked my cheesecake. I was hoping that and being able to meet my wife might be enough incentive.
Bribe or not, it was awesome, there aren’t many people left in this world that go out of their way for others! The cheesecake is such a nice gesture and really says something about your character! It doesn’t hurt that it tastes delicious as well.
To quote the commercial...Not sorry. Well, I was, but was so glad being able to visit with her. @Tracy161 is such a sweetheart. Really enjoyed getting to meet and hand out with her a while.
I was so happy to meet Tracy this trip! I have enjoyed talking with her on these boards for awhile now!
Ugh, missing phone is a sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach thing.
It sure is!
Not at all surprised. I think Y&Y is to you as Tiffins is to me.
We do love Yak and Yeti!
Tofu? I'll pass.
Yeah not my favorite, all the other parts of the dish are so good!
Glad to hear that. That was the one thing I was worried about...we had kept it cold getting to you, but wasn't sure how long y'all were going to stay and if it would be okay.
I was a little worried about that. The frozen water bottle really helped.
Glad she finally tried it (and more so liked it). I don't make it to get compliments, but I get a warm fuzzy when I know the folks enjoy it.
Well fussy Andi liking it is a huge complimen!
YAY Kevin!!!
Love that bird
Sounds like a fun time with Disney friends!

Yikes about almost losing your phone! Glad you found it quickly!
It was so nice visiting with everyone, not so nice losing the phone, glad it was not for long!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl: Me too!

Glad all worked out with the meet, cheesecake and the phone! Well done Andi for exuding calmness :thumbsup2:goodvibes
Meh. Losing a phone is worse. You can always make a new kid, but replacing the photos on your phone? Good luck!
This is so funny from @pkondz, I can‘t believe I forgot to comment on this. It sure makes me laugh!
The cheesecake was so delicious!
Andi being so calm made this mom proud! There are times she does turn into the mother :rotfl:

Omg on your phone! Steve lost his earlier this year and I hate to say it but it really does suck lol. Although as adults we can handle,it, you're right about the kids! It would be the end of the world for them and we would absolutely have to stop what we were doing until their lost phone issue was solved :P

I've been meaning to post in our "group" that last week I got lotion every day at WL and surprisingly CBR too..... wonder if enough people complained and now they're bringing it back?

To quote the commercial...Not sorry. Well, I was, but was so glad being able to visit with her. @Tracy161 is such a sweetheart. Really enjoyed getting to meet and hand out with her a while.
Awww thank you! I wouldn't have traded our time together for anything on that trip!

It was. Really enjoyed our time.
:hug:

Yay! Now I'm more "not sorry" than I was before. :grouphug: right back!
;)

Tracy is such a joy to visit with, we did it on purpose :rotfl:
Awww shucks :flower3:

Omg on your phone! Steve lost his earlier this year and I hate to say it but it really does suck lol. Although as adults we can handle,it, you're right about the kids! It would be the end of the world for them and we would absolutely have to stop what we were doing until their lost phone issue was solved :P

I've been meaning to post in our "group" that last week I got lotion every day at WL and surprisingly CBR too..... wonder if enough people complained and now they're bringing it back?
It made me very nervous for a time! I always think about @missjackiemcg when she lost her phone on RnRc and never got hers back!

I am so glad lotion has reappeared at some resorts, hopefully it will be there in January.

Hello Everyone

It is a balmy 12 degrees this morning, we have fast forward to January temps already. To say I am not thrilled, is a huge understatement. I have today off and I am planning to lounge around today. :faint:

It is time to go back to balmy, sweltering hot August. I wish I was there now!

This was 8/22/19 and it was Rhino tour day! This morning could be called, is that a coconut or a rhino, Namaste, hot, hot, and more hot.
We didn’t rush this morning and headed out to AK. We arrived at 9:15, I had made an Everest FP for Andi. She was not feeling the Yeti today and skipped this. We saw Kevin upon arrival, she is so cute!

IMG_Nov72019at71558AM.jpg

We decided to do the Maharajah trail this morning. I love wandering on these paths and really enjoy the morning time here. It wasn’t crowded at all. I was texting with @MeghanEmily and we planned to say Hi :wave:at the end of this trail. We saw the sister and brother tigers lounging around, the CM said they will be leaving soon.:sad:
IMG_Nov72019at71734AM.jpg

IMG_Nov72019at71806AM.jpg

IMG_Nov72019at71847AM.jpg

We worked our way to the end of the trail and met up with Meghan. She looked so cute in her braids. Her husband was out walking the trail. We talked about our trips and of course about how hot it was!::yes:: Andi took our picture before we said our goodbye. It was nice saying hi to you Meghan! I didn’t realize at this time that we would meet again.
IMG_Nov72019at72014AM.jpg

Andi and I had a date with a large dinosaur next. We went on our favorite AK ride. This ride means so much to us. Years ago Disney actually had really good EMH hours. Yes, they even offered evening hours at AK and get this, you didn’t have to pay extra! My how things have changed. We use to come here with virtually no crowds and ride Dinosaur over and over! I think our record was 9x in a row and Andi’s Everest record was 11x in a row, those days are gone now!
My back probably couldn’t handle Dinosaur that much now:scared1:

It was August and we were hot again! We wandered to Africa and had a frozen lemonade before the tour.

IMG_Nov72019at72051AM.jpg

We also saw a new to us photo opportunity. This was for the Lion King promotion. We got our namaste on with Rafiki.
IMG_Nov72019at72250AM.jpg

IMG_Nov72019at72211AM.jpg
Do you feel the love?
It was time to sign in for the Rhino tour. We got a name tag and soon we were on our way back stage. I think there was about 10 of us on the tour. I believe, this is the size of the group normally. I know I read it is limited to maybe 10-12 guests.
We took a van back to the Rhino barns. We met a very nice CM, she works with the Rhinos and has been with Disney for awhile at AK. We learned about the Rhino family tree at AK and the different type of Rhinos. It was so hot and I just enjoyed listening to her and to be honest did not take great notes for this. I do know the Rhinos are endangered and the Asian Rhinos are the most with very few left in the world.
Today we were meeting a giant “stud” named Dugan. He is a white rhino from the northern region. He is 23 years old and has been at AK fo about 1 year. He was brought in to get “romantic” with some of the lady rhinos, hoping to produce some baby rhinos, how sweet!
The Rhino barns were immaculate no smells, no poop, no dirt. This is Disney at its finest, they do take excellent care of the animals on property. We wandered to the back area to meet Mr. Dugan, he was a mere 4500# and over 6 feet. He was munching on hay and I do believe, he was enjoying the spotlight. We learned he came from a zoo in Pennsylvania. All the AK animals are called back to the barn with a series of certain calls that they recognize. Some animals come back every night and some stay out on the savanna. It is the 4500# Rhino’s choice, of course!
The CM’s have been working with Dugan over the last year and socializing him. They said he has been a good boy, how sweet! We learned how food is a great motivator for learning, well yeah, it works for us humans as well. Dugan munched on hay during our visit. We each got a chance to go up and say hi to him. He felt like bumpy cement, if that makes sense. Andi thought maybe a hairless coconut :hyper:

It was soon time to say goodbye to Dugan, I wished him luck in his romantic adventures :laughing: The tour is 1 hour long, and this was just right in the August heat. Since, the tour is back stage and photos are a nono, the CM offers to take your photo with a prop at the end. This was very nice. They use your phone or camera, not photopass.
IMG_Nov72019at72142AM.jpg

We were thirsty again and headed to Creatures Comfort for an iced tea and refresher. We slowly walked to Pandora with our drinks. We had a FoP pass coming up. We people watched for a little while and had a photo done as we waited.
IMG_Nov72019at72312AM.jpg

It was time for our flight and it was awesome as always, minus the um guy. :rotfl:
It was time for us to catch a bus for our later lunch ADR at Sanaa. Stay tuned for a wonderful lunch and a surprise Dis meet!
Cont. In the next post as soon as I can write it, ::yes::

The Rhino Tour sounds like great fun!

I'm sad that the EMH aren't as great as they used to be. I especially loved the EMH at MK - three hours of fairly minimal crowds (especially as your neared the early morning) and you could knock out several rides quickly. I'm willing to pony up extra money for AH but it's too bad that those easy days are done!

Cont from last post..........

It was time for lunch, we were hungry at this point. A Lion King bus picked us up and brought us to Kidani Village.
IMG_Nov72019at82514AM.jpg

We were a little early for our ADR, we checked in and gave the host my phone number. We were looking for the big turtle/tortoise, he is sometimes hanging out by the windows down here. We didn’t see him today.
We did see Ariella, @StarWarsMomofGirls! Her family also had a lunch reservation. They had been at AK this am, we talked about the heat and how crowded the MNSSHP was! She was at the same party as us. Her daughter took a picture of us but I don’t have it, Ariella can post it if she wants.
My phone buzzed and it was time for lunch. I said goodbye to Ariella and her family. We had a window seat and enjoy watching the animals on the savanna.

IMG_Nov72019at82435AM.jpg

IMG_Nov72019at82550AM.jpg

IMG_Nov72019at82639AM.jpg

Do you think we ordered the bread service? ::yes:: Of course we did, yummy. We love this and enjoy all the dips that come with it. I like the more cool, veggie ones and Andi loves the spicy ones. I also really like the garlic one. Breath mints to follow:laughing:
IMG_Nov72019at82718AM.jpg

We decided to share the Potjie Inspired. I chose the butter chicken and Andi went with the chickpea wat, what is that:hyper: get what I did there.
IMG_Nov72019at82823AM.jpg

Our waiter was awesome, very friendly and was keeping our water glasses full, yay! We really enjoyed our meal, no complaints here. We left nice and full and because of this, we didn’t feel like waiting on a bus. We took a Lyft back to the GF. This was a good decision and we were back in no time at all.
IMG_Nov72019at83037AM.jpg

We admired the GF lobby before heading to our room.
IMG_Nov72019at82852AM.jpg
Hotel elevator selfie!
Housekeeping had been and look at the adorable towel Cinderella carriage on my bed. Loved this! It was nap time for a little while.

IMG_Nov72019at82923AM.jpg

IMG_Nov72019at82959AM.jpg

This was a wonderful day so far, oh how I love AK and Sanaa.
Stay tuned for an evening of monorail and boat resort hopping, junk for dinner, and HEA viewing from an awesome spot, literally a few feet from our room...............

Extra Magic Hours used to be the best time to be in the parks! I loved going to them late at night and seeing how many turns I could get on my favorite attractions. Now it's the thing I try to avoid! :sad2:

How cool you got to meet Meghan! I'm sure she was just as sweet and nice as she is here on the boards. :goodvibes

I love reading about this rhino tour. It sounds like such a nice little add-on to an AK day.

That bread service...looks delicious!

Hello! :wave: I'm new to posting, but I have read and enjoyed several of your mother/daughter trips. You and Andi always seem to have so much fun together! Looking forward to the rest of your report!

So cold where you are! Stay warm!

So nice getting to see Meghan (and later Ariella!)

Sounds like a good time with the Dugan! Followed by a nice lunch at AKL!

It is a balmy 12 degrees this morning, we have fast forward to January temps already.
EW. Wasn't quite that cold here this morning, but it wasn't much warmer.

We saw Kevin upon arrival, she is so cute!
Can't wait to see Kevin and get some pics of her! Love that bird!

Yes, they even offered evening hours at AK and get this, you didn’t have to pay extra! My how things have changed.
That would be nice. Things have definitely changed a lot.

We also saw a new to us photo opportunity. This was for the Lion King promotion. We got our namaste on with Rafiki.
Cute!

Since, the tour is back stage and photos are a nono, the CM offers to take your photo with a prop at the end. This was very nice. They use your phone or camera, not photopass.
That's nice of them! Good photo!

We people watched for a little while and had a photo done as we waited.
Great pic!

Sounds like it was a good morning and lunch at Sanaa!

The rhino tour sounded great. And I bet it is Dugan I saw on the safari last March. They were not allowing stopping in that part of the safari as they were introducing a new rhino to the group. And it was a male that they were hoping to breed. They also said that the first few weeks he was there the girl rhinos were all chasing him around and he was a bit spooked by that, but it had been improving by the time I was there. They had food type pick ups parked off to the sides in a few spots with cast members sitting with binolulars watching what was happening out there.

It is a balmy 12 degrees this morning, we have fast forward to January temps already.
I feel your pain. We have already had the dreadful, white stuff.

. We saw Kevin upon arrival, she is so cute!
I LOVE her!!!!

We worked our way to the end of the trail and met up with Meghan
That is soooo cool. She is soooo cute!!!!

We did see Ariella, @StarWarsMomofGirls!
You are soooo lucky. I would LOVE to meet Ariela!!!

It is a balmy 12 degrees this morning
Hey! That's exactly what it was here this morning, too!
I have today off and I am planning to lounge around today. :faint:
Good! Rest!
hot, hot, and more hot.
In Florida? In August? One wouldn't think so...
We saw Kevin upon arrival, she is so cute!
They did such a good job with her, didn't they????
IMG_Nov72019at71734AM.jpg
Have you ever seen the movie The Freshman with Marlon Brando and Mathew Broderick?
Andi and I had a date with a large dinosaur next.
Image result for t rex drinking tea
Yes, they even offered evening hours at AK and get this, you didn’t have to pay extra!
:rolleyes1
We use to come here with virtually no crowds and ride Dinosaur over and over! I think our record was 9x in a row
:faint:
I don't think I could take that much jostling!
and Andi’s Everest record was 11x in a row,
:faint: (again)
I think I'd be puking after 5-6. Certainly I felt it after 2-3.
It was August and we were hot again! We wandered to Africa and had a frozen lemonade before the tour.
Good choice to cool down. ::yes::
You say you were hot, but you guys look pretty darned good! Or don't you perspire at all???
I think there was about 10 of us on the tour. I believe, this is the size of the group normally. I know I read it is limited to maybe 10-12 guests.
Huh. I'm actually surprised it's that many. I thought maybe 6.
I just enjoyed listening to her and to be honest did not take great notes for this.
And that's okay. :)
He is 23 years old and has been at AK fo about 1 year.
Huh! I'm surprised by that. But you did say he was from another zoo, so... okay. I imagined him being captured at 23 and couldn't quite figure out since I couldn't imagine Disney standing for that.
The Rhino barns were immaculate no smells, no poop, no dirt.
Surprised by that. I mean... I'd just assume there'd be some smells.
he was a mere 4500# and over 6 feet.
Whoa.
All the AK animals are called back to the barn with a series of certain calls that they recognize.
Really! Huh!
We learned how food is a great motivator for learning, well yeah, it works for us humans as well.
:laughing:

And... yes.
We each got a chance to go up and say hi to him. He felt like bumpy cement, if that makes sense. Andi thought maybe a hairless coconut :hyper:
Thanks for the descriptions. Not many people can say they've touched a rhino. Cool!
It was soon time to say goodbye to Dugan, I wished him luck in his romantic adventures :laughing:
Meh. I can get this photo here in town any summer.
Well, okay. The mosquitoes are bigger than that, but still... pretty close.
It was time for our flight and it was awesome as always, minus the um guy. :rotfl:
:sad2:

We were looking for the big turtle/tortoise, he is sometimes hanging out by the windows down here.
Oh! Didn't know there was one there.
We had a window seat and enjoy watching the animals on the savanna.
Niiiice. ::yes::
Do you think we ordered the bread service? ::yes:: Of course we did, yummy.
I would hope so!!!
I also really like the garlic one. Breath mints to follow:laughing:
:lmao:
I chose the butter chicken and Andi went with the chickpea wat, what is that:hyper: get what I did there.
:sad2:

;)
We admired the GF lobby before heading to our room.
IMG_Nov72019at82852AM.jpg
Such a tiny lobby!
Housekeeping had been and look at the adorable towel Cinderella carriage on my bed. Loved this! It was nap time for a little while.
IMG_Nov72019at82923AM.jpg
I really like that! Never seen that before.

It is a balmy 12 degrees this morning, we have fast forward to January temps already. To say I am not thrilled, is a huge understatement.

Oof! That's rough! My family in the next province over got their first snow this week, though we just got rain here. Not looking forward to the chilly temps that I know are coming soon.

This morning could be called, is that a coconut or a rhino

:rotfl:

We saw the sister and brother tigers lounging around, the CM said they will be leaving soon.:sad:

This is sad! I know it's not up to me where the tigers get to live, but I'll miss being able to see the siblings at AK.

We worked our way to the end of the trail and met up with Meghan. She looked so cute in her braids.

You're too sweet! You and Andi looked so cute and cool (despite the hot sweaty weather!)

We talked about our trips and of course about how hot it was!::yes::

It was basically like touring the surface of the sun. No big deal.

It was nice saying hi to you Meghan! I didn’t realize at this time that we would meet again.

It was so nice to catch up with you! (Both times!)

We use to come here with virtually no crowds and ride Dinosaur over and over! I think our record was 9x in a row and Andi’s Everest record was 11x in a row, those days are gone now!

Wow! You girls were intense! Especially Andi!

We got our namaste on with Rafiki.

This is such a cute photo :)

We wandered to the back area to meet Mr. Dugan, he was a mere 4500# and over 6 feet. He was munching on hay and I do believe, he was enjoying the spotlight.

Awesome that you got to meet Dugan! He sounds like quite a guy. We didn't meet him but they told us about him.

We learned how food is a great motivator for learning, well yeah, it works for us humans as well.

Amen! I'll do lots of things if I get a good snack as a reward!

We also do this with some kids we work with in speech therapy. I worked with a little guy who was learning to use an ipad to talk, and he'd basically do backflips for you if you had skittles. :laughing:

He felt like bumpy cement, if that makes sense. Andi thought maybe a hairless coconut :hyper:

:rotfl: I wondered what the story was about the coconut! Andi's funny!

I wished him luck in his romantic adventures :laughing:

lol :rotfl:

We did see Ariella, @StarWarsMomofGirls! Her family also had a lunch reservation.

Nice! Always a nice surprise to run into Disfriends :) We'd hoped to get a chance to see Ariella and her family, but the day we were thinking of meeting ended up not being a great day for us in the end. Hopefully another time!

Do you think we ordered the bread service? ::yes:: Of course we did, yummy.

Obviously! Great choice :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!