“If you can dream it, you can do it” ~ A July 2015 Pre-Graduation Trip *Updated 9/6/15 COMPLETE!

Good luck in your student teaching! Will you be at a school in Saginaw?

Thank you!!! I'm pretty excited about it, I have my first staff meeting on Wednesday morning! I will actually be at a high school in Midland, they place us all over within a certain radius of the university. It's a really awesome school though, so I'm very lucky! :rainbow:

Day Seven: Saturday, July 25 ~ “And now it’s time to say goodbye…”

We got up pretty early on Saturday (although not nearly as early as on our departure day) so we could make sure we had everything packed up. We also ate the yummy (and giant) muffins that we had got the day before at DtD. Before we knew it, 7:00 had arrived and bell services was there to collect our luggage. Because Southwest offers the ability to check your bags at the hotel we had to go with our bags. Since our bus was picking us up at 7:50, we decided that we would say goodbye to our room now and just hang out at the Hospitality House until the bus arrived.

We said our goodbyes to room 1920 and took one last ride in the golf cart back to the Hospitality House. Checking our bags was super easy and it was nice to not have to worry about doing that at the airport. They weighed the right there and they had all gone up since we came, but none were over the weight limit. The heaviest topped off at 49 pounds (the limit before you’re charged $75 is 50 pounds, so things were a bit hairy for a second!).

After our bags were taken care of we headed over to fill up our mugs one last time. We definitely didn’t use these as much as we could have, but we get sucked into buying them every time we go! We also wandered around and checked out the empty pool a bit since we never visited any of the pools while we were there.

IMG_0914.jpg

Enjoying our mugs one last time...Dad wasn't a fan of the time limit between refills that they have now!

IMG_0906.jpg

Empty pool at 7 in the morning.

Diseny%202015%201483.jpg

Waiting for the "Tragical" Express

Diseny%202015%201484.jpg

Marie needed to breath...yes, I walked through the airport like that!

Before we knew it, the Magical, or as I call it at this point Tragical, Express pulled up and we stowed our carry-ons and boarded. We made one more stop at Saratoga Springs before continuing to the airport.

Diseny%202015%201488.jpg

"Goodbye Old Key West"...hopefully we'll meet again someday! :sad:

At the airport we made a quick stop at the Earport Store to see if they had the Eeyore pillow pet my mom had avoided buying all week. She lucked out and they did! While we were there we also found an illusive Anger Tsum Tsum so we got that for my dad (we haven’t seen the movie yet, but we are pretty sure they are the same person!). We made it through security pretty quickly. The line was being checked by a guard with a dog, so we didn’t have to remove our shoes or any of our liquids when it was time to go through the metal detector.

We got to our gate and grabbed a few drinks and snacks and waited. Our flight left on time around 10:55 and was pretty uneventful. We got our luggage pretty quickly after landing and headed out the car. After about a 45 minute drive, we were home. It was nice to be home and see my kitty, but the post-Disney depression rapidly started to kick in! HAHA

Step count for the day: 3,657; 1.57 miles

Final Thoughts and TR Wrap-Up in the Next Post!

*Final Thoughts*

Well, there you have it - I successfully finished my first trip report and even had a few consistent readers! It has been so much fun to relive all of the magical memories while writing this report and I can’t wait until I get the chance to do it again. My next 15 weeks will be quite busy with student teaching, but maybe I will take the time to finish the report that I started for our day trip to MK in December now that there are a few people who enjoyed reading my report! I will ad the link to what I had started in my signature in case anyone would like to get started. I will wrap this up with just a few final thoughts on the entire trip!

Overall, I can’t think of anything genuinely bad about the trip! I mean, coming home stinks, I would have liked to have done more at MK and I am sad I missed seeing the Stepsisters, but those are all pretty grasping in regards to negative things. It was hot, but we knew that was the case going into it.

On to the positive! I loved staying at OKW, in my opinion, there is definitely a little feel of favoritism towards the Vacation Club resorts. It will be hard to go back to a value or moderate after staying there! Although the guy we bought the points from told us to contact him if we ever wanted to do it again! It was also nice to be able to “relax” and just go with the flow. It was also really awesome to get to see my friend from home and visit the elusive CM store!

My post-Disney depression is decreasing, but still present. Between the Dis and Facebook groups I follow, Disney is always part of my day! The Facebook ads even know me so well they showed me a shirt I just couldn’t resist the other day. It says “Teacher By Day; Disney Princess By Night”...I got in last week and I LOVE it! I'm actually wearing it today, so I took a picture so everyone could see it!

FullSizeRender25.jpg

I swear, whoever designed this shirt MUST know me!!! :teacher:princess:

The family that introduced us to the guy we got the points from just arrived home from their trip yesterday, so we've been able to spend the week living vicariously through them! They have 5 kids under the age of 10 and we are jokingly planning an adults only trip for next year in the fall...Halloween at Disney is on the top of my bucket list! While this trip is currently a good-mannered joke, part of me would absolutely LOVE for it to come true! We’ll just have to wait and see! I will for sure visit Disney during the fall season one day! Once I graduate and get a job (soon hopefully!), I will have to start a Disney fund for that! I could definitely see myself doing a solo trip one day, but I would really like to experience the fall season and a Halloween party with my family since we have done all of the other seasons together.

For now, I am all set to go back to reading and enjoying the trip reports of others. There are no planned trips in my near future, which consists of student teaching and hopefully finding a job quickly, but I can dream! In December, my mom and I will drive my grandma down to her winter home in Florida. It’s about 45 minutes away from Disney, so I typically manage to squeeze in a trip to DtD and the Character Warehouse at the Outlet Mall. Sometimes we also resort hop for fun!

Thank you to everyone who has followed along! I truly appreciate all of the kind words from those who have commented! I also greatly appreciate all of those who have lurked...judging by the view count for thread, there have been a few! I am a serial-lurker (I actually just commented on a TR for the first time a few weeks ago), so I just want you all to know that I appreciate that you took the time to look at my TR!

:thanks:THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!