“I felt like a chickmunk!” A Jan/Feb 2019 TR UPDATED 6/2 x 2 COMPLETED!

Joining in (late) to the party!

Hoop is one of my favorite things to do- glad you guys liked it!

:welcome: Thanks for joining! We loved Hoop and can’t wait to go again!

Sounds like a great time in MK and a really fun night at HDDR! I hope to go there one day! I love your matching shirt too :)

We got so much done in MK in a pretty short amount of time. You have got to get to HDDR! It’s so much fun!

I'm glad you started to feel better! Its no fun at all being sick on vacation! I had a cold on our cruise and it was tough to power through!

I can’t imagine! For me I was okay with being lazy a couple days cause I knew I’d be back but with a cruise I’d feel more like I was missing out.

What a great HDDR experience! DH and I are doing it in September and I can't wait! I am pretty sure the Minnie Vans CAN pick up right outside HDDR though! Its like MK where they get special access! I definitely plan on using one when we have dinner here! (At least to get to dinner!)

Oh really? I didn’t know Minnie Vans were allowed! That’s good to know! Although after the show they know there will be a lot of people leaving so they have MK buses there and ready. Since we were so ridiculously early to the boat launch we were among the first on a boat but by the time the boat got there, there was a huge line of people behind us that had to wait for another boat. So I think Minnie Van on the way there is a good idea!

I love the pineapple upside down cake with dole whip swirl, yum!

I’m glad you enjoyed HDDR, our last time there the food was not as good as usual, the show is fun! I’m sorry you didn’t get a cornbread substitute, the cornbread was my favorite part of the meal along with the strawberry shortcake!

I love the pineapple upside down cake with dole whip swirl, yum!

I’m glad you enjoyed HDDR, our last time there the food was not as good as usual, the show is fun! I’m sorry you didn’t get a cornbread substitute, the cornbread was my favorite part of the meal along with the strawberry shortcake!

Donnie loved the pineapple upside down cake! He said it’s his new favorite.

We definitely enjoyed the show more than the food at HDDR but we are excited to go again!

Hi everyone! I have the whole rest of the tr already typed up but I was trying to space everything out a little more. But our last several days were some of my favorite so I’m excited to post them!

Day 9- Saturday February 2nd- Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs

We woke up at 8:30 today because we had some early fp at Animal Kingdom to get to. I checked the bus times on the app at 9:18 and it said a bus would be there at 9:26. We show up to the bus stop at 9:23 and now the time shows 9:49. What the heck? Did it come early and we missed it? The bus stop was super crowded so I didn’t think that happened but we couldn’t wait 25 minutes, we would have missed our fp. I decided to try a Minnie van. We saw someone else doing the same thing and after about three minutes of it not finding a driver we decided to just drive ourselves. Because of our room location we were parked right behind the bus stop so I waited there while Donnie ran back to the room to get the keys. Once he left the wait time changed to 9:33!! Ughh! We just decided to drive anyways cause there was a ton of people waiting. This was the first time we stayed on property and drove to a park and I don’t know why we didn’t do it sooner! We decided we will drive to parks a lot more unless we are going to MK or doing a ton of hopping. We got to AK at 9:45 and it was super simple to show our AP so we didn’t have to pay for parking.

upload_2019-4-18_19-7-18.jpeg

Our first fp was for Navi River from 9:20-10:20 so we had plenty of time and didn’t have to rush. We got to the tapstiles at 10:15 and had a good ride. Someone was using flash for a video and Donnie yelled at them. If there’s any ride that flash ruins, it’s this one! The lady’s son had to show her how to turn it off but she did, thankfully.

When we got off the ride we mobile ordered from Satu’li. We both got the same bowls we did before and they were still yummy.

upload_2019-4-18_19-7-55.jpeg
(Not sure why I got the slaw on the side...)

After we ate we decided to walk back to watch Nemo the Musical. We took our time and stopped for some pictures on the way. We got in line around 11:40 for the 12:00 show. We haven’t seen it in a couple trips and it’s back on my must do list! I don’t understand the people who say it’s boring or whatever they say. It’s amazing! I love the puppetry (is that what it’s considered?) and the music! I would totally watch a full length broadway version of it!

upload_2019-4-18_19-9-24.jpeg

upload_2019-4-18_19-9-44.jpeg

Our next plan was our safari fp. We got in line at 1:10 and it was a good safari as always. Now this may be a Mandela effect but didn’t the safari used to be more “kitschy”? I dunno if that’s the right word for it but it used to be more like we were actually on a safari. The driver would comment about the closed road, the bridge would shake and the driver would joke about not making it. I dunno, maybe I dreamed that all? Anyways it’s been just a little boring lately and a couple of the drivers we have had talk so fast you can’t understand them.

upload_2019-4-18_19-10-15.jpeg

upload_2019-4-18_19-10-51.jpeg

Next up was our fp for Festival of the Lion King. Unless you are like the first one in the fp line, I don’t find the fp very beneficial for this show but we honestly didn’t have anything else we wanted a fp for. There was a tour group in our showing and they were surprisingly well behaved! I couldn’t even tell they were there!

upload_2019-4-18_19-11-43.jpeg
(I love the tumble monkeys)

I was able to get us a fp for Navi after this but we were both a little over AK at this point so didn’t think we would use it. We did go to Pandora though so Donnie could stop at Pongu Pongu and get a night blossom and a lumpia. On the way out of Pandora we stopped at Nomad Lounge. There was unfortunately no seating inside and there was only one table outside so we grabbed it. Donnie ordered some watermelon drink that he loved and I just got a water. I felt bad ordering a water at what is essentially a bar but I had my eyes on the churros! This was on my must do list and they didn’t disappoint! They were somehow naturally gf and the outside was nice and crispy. They came with a few sauces and the berry one had a weird but yummy spice to it. Donnie said we will each get our own order next time!

upload_2019-4-18_19-12-19.jpeg

On the way out of AK we stopped for a Lion King photopass and they turned out cute.
We went back to our car and decided to go to Disney Springs to see a movie again. We really liked the theater with the recliners and there was a new movie playing so we decided that would be a good way to spend our evening. On the way to the theater we saw monks. Yep, monks. In Disney Springs. There was two walking side by side and one was window shopping and running to keep up. I dunno, it was just weird to see. Anyways we saw the movie Miss Bala which isn’t one we were dying to see but it was actually pretty good!

My trip notes say “DO NOT GO TO DISNEY SPRINGS ON A SATURDAY NIGHT WITH NICE WEATHER” It was finally starting to warm up, I was actually hot at Nomad Lounge earlier and apparently everyone got the memo that Disney Springs was the place to be! It was like Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day walls of people. All I wanted was my Erin McKennas! Gluten free yummies in hand he got the heck outta there and was back to FQ by 7:40. Donnie ate his leftover pizza and I ate my leftover Sanaa back in the room and I’m sure we watched YouTube/Netflix.

Coming up next: pictures I couldn’t fit in this post!

We got to AK at 9:45 and it was super simple to show our AP so we didn’t have to pay for parking.
This is such a great benefit with the AP, we never have a car but if we did the free parking would make driving to the parks a plus!

When we got off the ride we mobile ordered from Satu’li. We both got the same bowls we did before and they were still yummy.
We love this place and it never is really crowded, I wonder if people are afraid to try since it isn’t your typical chicken nuggets?

I don’t understand the people who say it’s boring or whatever they say. It’s amazing! I love the puppetry (is that what it’s considered?) and the music! I would totally watch a full length broadway version of it!
I so agree, we love this show, we don’t go every trip but we always usually do on our summer trips, good show and air conditioning.

The driver would comment about the closed road, the bridge would shake and the driver would joke about not making it.
Yes! You didn’t dream this, it was like we were chasing Poachers
Our last several Safari trips have been boring, I liked The rickety bridge!

I had my eyes on the churros!

I have heard awesome reviews for these GF churros, glad you enjoyed them!

This is such a great benefit with the AP, we never have a car but if we did the free parking would make driving to the parks a plus
I may have mentioned this before but we plan on driving more often! It was just super convenient being able to come and go when we want.

I so agree, we love this show, we don’t go every trip but we always usually do on our summer trips, good show and air conditioning.
I feel like it’s just so far out of the way! I don’t know if it actually is but it sure feels like it which is why we don’t go often.

Yes! You didn’t dream this, it was like we were chasing Poachers
Our last several Safari trips have been boring, I liked The rickety bridge!
Okay so I know I’m not crazy! It’s been super boring lately. Probably just a once a trip thing for us.

I have heard awesome reviews for these GF churros, glad you enjoyed them!
They were delicious!

I like your Lion King shirts! Sounds like such a nice day at AK!!
Thanks! We had a great day!

I’m really enjoying your trip report - my partner and I are both g/f and planning our next trip for Feb 2020, so it’s great to get ideas for places to eat!
We’ve done the Contemporary Sunday brunch and Ohana dinner g/f and enjoyed both btw, (you mentioned both places earlier on in your trip report) and I’d go back to both. Ohana felt like quite a fast meal (which is good if you’re in a rush!) but the Contemporary brunch was especially great for the kind of food we both like. I don’t like ‘fancy’ places, (I felt uncomfortable in Brown Derby when we went a few years ago) but would do the brunch again any day!

I feel the same way about the safari drivers! Sometimes they still do the rickety bridge spiel and I love when it happens!

Sounds like a great day at AK!

I’m really enjoying your trip report - my partner and I are both g/f and planning our next trip for Feb 2020, so it’s great to get ideas for places to eat!
Thank you! This was my first trip being gf and it was amazing! Sorry my pictures and descriptions aren’t the best but if you have a specific question let me know!

We’ve done the Contemporary Sunday brunch and Ohana dinner g/f and enjoyed both btw, (you mentioned both places earlier on in your trip report) and I’d go back to both. Ohana felt like quite a fast meal (which is good if you’re in a rush!) but the Contemporary brunch was especially great for the kind of food we both like. I don’t like ‘fancy’ places, (I felt uncomfortable in Brown Derby when we went a few years ago) but would do the brunch again any day!
Thanks so much for the suggestions! I looked at Cali Grill for brunch but I wasn’t impressed with their gf options. I booked afternoon tea at The Grand Floridian

I feel the same way about the safari drivers! Sometimes they still do the rickety bridge spiel and I love when it happens!

Sounds like a great day at AK!
I have been unimpressed with the Safari lately so I think it’s going to be a once a trip thing from now on.

Thanks! It was a great day!

So I said I was gonna post more frequently then I.... didn’t. Sorry! I do want to wrap this up so I can start on my ptr. On with the show!

Day 10- Sunday February 3rd- EPCOT

Today we were going to EPCOT to explore more Festival of the Arts and hit up what we had missed earlier in the trip. We were up at 8:30 and out of the room at 9:45. The bus came about ten minutes later and we timed our arrival and the fp perfectly. After the ridiculous bag check line, we got on Spaceship Earth right at 10:30. In the last room of the ride Donnie said “it smells like crayons in here” Now that’s a weird thing to say but what’s weirder is that he was right! It smelled just like crayons.

upload_2019-5-7_20-39-21.jpeg
(Donnie didn’t get the memo on the funny faces)

upload_2019-5-7_20-43-17.jpeg
(I apparently wanted a bubblegum wall picture)

Moving on, we headed over to watch the Pixar Short Films. I love watching these! The classic Mickey one is just so cool! We headed next door to hang out with our favorite purple guy, Figment! The original Figment ride is one of the only things I have a memory of from my trip as a child so he holds a special place in my heart. Plus it’s just a fun ride!

Around noon we were getting hungry and my research showed Sunshine Seasons had a gf rotisserie chicken that sounded good. And it was! I don’t think we have ever eaten here before so I didn’t realize it was kind of like a cafeteria but it worked out well cause we got our food immediately! I think Donnie got a pulled pork sandwhich and said it was really good!

upload_2019-5-7_20-40-21.jpeg
(I will skip the black beans next time. They weren’t very good!)

upload_2019-5-7_20-46-59.jpeg
(Eek! Saw this in the Land and was glad we weren’t sticking around for long)

After this we had time to kill and Donnie talked me into meeting Ralph and Vanellope. He said we should get used to characters since we had a character breakfast the next day. The line was not short! Maybe 20 minutes? But it wasn’t too bad cause we could watch everyone else interact with them. Donnie’s the one who talked me into meeting them and then he stood there in near silence while I talked. I still can’t get over the awkwardness of character meets especially when they can’t really talk to you. And the attendant wasn’t exactly helping the conversation. Oh well, we got cute pictures, which is what I found out was all Donnie really wanted anyways.

upload_2019-5-7_20-41-56.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_20-42-31.jpeg

This was our second to last day in Disney and I hadn’t got any of my family souvenirs yet! This year we were buying everyone their own souvenir (never again! My sister, her husband, my five nieces and nephews, my mom, and my dad. It was so expensive but I felt bad, they all live in the same house and watched our dog who was like a month out from surgery so he was a little harder to take of than normal) and I kinda knew what I wanted to get everyone and now was as good a time as any to drop some $$$. We went into Mouse Gears and since I kinda knew what we wanted it didn’t take long. We of course found some stuff for ourselves too and had the massive bag of goodies sent back to the resort so we didn’t have to carry it with us.

Here’s some pics from the front of the park. I have no idea when we took them.

upload_2019-5-7_20-46-38.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_20-48-1.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_20-48-27.jpeg

Reactions: DLo
Day 10- Sunday February 3rd- EPCOT- Part 2

When we left Mouse Gears it was raining a little so we sat on the benches between the Baymax/Joy/Sadness meet and greet and Mouse Gears and the Jammitors played a little bit while we sat. We decided to just don our ponchos and head out but it pretty much stopped raining right away and Donnie was all worried about us being the only ones with ponchos on. I swear he cares too much what people think! We went to the Odyssey building and looked at the Festival merch. I told myself I didn’t really like the Figment spirit jersey when they didn’t have my size but now they did have my size soooo I got it. I would have been mad at myself if I missed it and Donnie’s motto this trip was “just buy it!” We also got a festival pin (for $16.99!!) We headed into Mexico next (without our ponchos, it seriously rained for less than 5 minutes) and rode the Three Cabelleros. There was a roped off temporary que since the line was longer than 5 minutes and this couple climbs under the ropes and cuts right in front of us. The entrance was literally steps away and I found it more comical that annoying in the moment since they made it way more difficult than it needed to be. Then the guy asks us “is this a ride?” I tell him yes and they crawl under the rope again... I just had to shake my head at this.

upload_2019-5-7_20-53-27.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_20-53-47.jpeg

Next up was our fp for Frozen Ever After. I really like this ride even if it’s pretty short. I never rode Maelstrom so I have no sentiments about it.

upload_2019-5-7_20-54-17.jpeg

We were pretty much just going to hang around world showcase until the Broadway concert. First was stopping at the Painted Panda booth and getting the bubble tea. A gf Disney Instagram account I follow posted about this and it looked delicious! I love popping boba like the kind you can get at frozen yogurt places so I thought it would be like that but the boba in the tea was tapioca boba and they were hard. I hated the consistency so I drank the tea and avoided the boba. The milk tea was yummy and Donnie loved the whole drink, including the weird boba.

upload_2019-5-7_20-54-52.jpeg

Next we stopped at the Cuisine Classique booth and Donnie got the beef short rib and I got the seared corvina, one of the few gf festival offerings. I didn’t even end up eating much of mine because it was served with ratatouille which I don’t really like. The fish was nice and did have a nice taste but I probably shouldn’t have wasted my time on it. Donnie enjoyed his beef well enough.

upload_2019-5-7_20-55-36.jpeg

We were thirsty and decided to mobile order a soda at Liberty Inn and grabbed an ice water too. We went into American Adventure and listened to Voices of Liberty.

After that we went into the gift shop in Japan. I am always tempted to try some of the beauty items they sell but they are never clear on the packaging what they actually do. I want to do the pick a pearl one of these days. We checked out the Kawaii display for the first time and it was cute but a lot smaller than I thought.

We continued through world showcase looking at all the art for sale and making a mental note of which ones we liked. I wanted to buy a print and wanted it to be somewhat “classic.” We saw a few Mickey and Minnie ones we liked but didn’t buy any yet since we didn’t want to carry them around. We stopped at the paint by numbers again and it must have been a busier day because we only were allowed to paint three squares. There was a massive backup at the exit and I was trying to figure out what the hold up was. The cm handing out the post cards showing the finished painting was having everyone dab their color paint on the back of the post card. Okay that’s a cute idea but 1. There’s a line of literally 25 people trying to just throw their paint and brush away and 2. Who wants to carry around a postcard with wet paint on it? Also because of the backup I couldn’t get a good picture of the painting with the postcard without a thousand people in it.

upload_2019-5-7_20-57-9.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_20-57-23.jpeg

Moving on, it was about an hour away from the Broadway concert so we kept going towards America. We stopped at Pop Eats! to get the same chicken we got earlier in the trip. I wasn’t hungry so I just had a bite and it was still yummy. Donnie loved the bubble tea so much he got another one. And it was gone by the time we got to Germany and we walked straight there, no stops.

upload_2019-5-7_20-59-23.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_20-59-36.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_20-59-51.jpeg

Day 10- Sunday February 3rd- EPCOT- Part 3

More random pictures

upload_2019-5-7_21-2-17.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_21-2-36.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_21-2-54.jpeg

I had seen a video of Voices of Liberty singing This is Me from The Greatest Showman (which we love) so we wanted to see if we could catch them singing it but they didn’t. Oh well, they still sounded great as usual. When we left it was 5 and the concert started at 5:30. They were already letting people in and we had nothing else we wanted to do so we just went in. They had already filled most of the front with the dining package people so they said to sit literally anywhere. I chose the front row of the back section (right after the roof stops) and over to the left a little. There was a column kinda in the way but we didn’t mind and we had all sorts of room to stretch out and get comfy.

upload_2019-5-7_21-1-50.jpeg

The two that sang tonight were Heidi Blickenstaff (Ursula in the Little Mermaid and Katherine Blake in Freaky Friday) and Gavin Lee (Bert in Mary Poppins). They were amazing! Like I loved them! They were both great performers. They opened the show with Bop to the Top from High School Musical which was random but fun. Then they did a medley from Mary Poppins. Heidi sang Poor Unfortunate Souls and wow, she was great! She also sang a few songs from Freaky Friday which made me feel like a fake fan cause I had no idea that it was even a musical. She also played her role for a Disney Channel movie version of the musical. I need to find where I can watch this cause I love the Lindsay Lohan Freaky Friday! Then they ended the show with a song from Aladdin.

We headed towards the exit after this and stopped to purchase the art we decided on. (Which I never got pictures of) We also got a few postcards of art we liked but didn’t want to spend $$ on for bigger versions. I wish they offered more postcard sized art or even like a whole book of postcards cause I love them!

I had seen this photopass opportunity on some blog but I forgot about it and almost didn’t see it but Donnie did and man I’m glad he did! We had to stand perfectly still and someone with a huge light up stick ran behind us and moved the stick a certain way to make this effect. The line took a while to get through but so worth it. I think it was a festival exclusive but so cute!

upload_2019-5-7_21-4-39.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_21-4-51.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_21-5-3.jpeg

We got to the bus stop around 6:50 and back to FQ by 7:05. Donnie got some pasta which he said was delicious and wish he discovered it earlier in the trip. And our second to last night I finally got gf beignets! I knew they were made to order in the back and can take long to get so I was just patiently waiting for them. The cm was like what are you waiting for? I told him and he went to check on them and came back like five minutes later with them. He felt so bad cause no one had started them! He said they were on him but Donnie had already paid for them when he paid for his pasta. The cm insisted he refund us for the beignets which he did. I honestly didn’t mind but it was still a nice gesture. Donnie also got some huge fancy cupcake. We took our food back to the room and watched the Super Bowl. Oh yea, I forgot to mention it was Super Bowl Sunday. They were playing it at FQ in the bar area and there was maybe 15 people there watching but no other special events I knew of. I said they should have put it on the huge screen they use for the movies under the stars. It had already started by the time we got to the room but we didn’t care since our team wasn’t playing.

upload_2019-5-7_21-6-38.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_21-7-3.jpeg

Back to the beignets! They were really good! They tasted just like something my dad makes that we just simply call fried dough but I assume the dough is a mix between funnel cake and beignet. I regretted not getting them any sooner! Once the game was over we realized the MVP and Tom Brady would be at Magic Kingdom tomorrow and that was our planned park. Would we see them??

Coming up: our last full day!

Sounds like a nice day at Epcot! I love those special PP pics you got at the end of the night! I had done one of those at MNSSHP in the past and loved it!

I just realized reading this that we were in Disney at the same time lol. I was in HS on the 3rd and didn't even realize it was the Superbowl until I noticed a million people in football attire!

We saw the same performers in the Broadway concert the next night! They were so good. I hadn't realized Freaky Friday was turned into a musical either.

That photopass shot looks really cool!

Sounds like a nice day at Epcot! I love those special PP pics you got at the end of the night! I had done one of those at MNSSHP in the past and loved it!

The PP pictures were so cool! I hope they do it again at MNSSHP this year when we are there!

I just realized reading this that we were in Disney at the same time lol. I was in HS on the 3rd and didn't even realize it was the Superbowl until I noticed a million people in football attire!

We saw the same performers in the Broadway concert the next night! They were so good. I hadn't realized Freaky Friday was turned into a musical either.

That photopass shot looks really cool!

That’s too funny! I found myself in a ride picture in someone’s TR one time on here. We knew we would be in Disney for the Super Bowl but then when our team lost in the playoffs we forgot about it.

We have watched the concert series at each of the Festivals since it started but these were our favorite performers!

Hi everyone. Happy Mother’s Day! I’m going to post our last day while I wait for the new episode of Game of Thrones.

Day 11- Monday February 4th- The Last Day 1900 Park Fare and Magic Kingdom

Today was our last day! :-( We had a 9:55 reservation at 1900 Park Fare. We debated waking up early and taking a bus to Magic Kingdom then monorail to Grand Floridian but sleep won and we decided to take a Minnie Van. We were awake at 8:15, in the Minnie Van by 9:20, and checking in at 9:45. We were told our table wasn’t quite ready and gave our phone number. Literally a minute later we got the text our table was ready. Would it be terrible of me to make reservations for 3 people going forward so we aren’t stuck with tiny two top tables all the time? I guess that’s not fair to the servers but I hate feeling cramped at the tables! For allergies here they give you a brochure with a chart so the whole brochure opened up basically took over the whole table. We went up to get our first plate and I’m gonna be honest, I have no idea what Donnie got. It was pretty much basic breakfast food. I was here for one thing only: strawberry soup! I didn’t even know before we showed up if it was gf but it was! Yay! I got a few meats and ordered gf waffles too. The strawberry soup was delicious and my waffles were decent too.

upload_2019-5-12_20-10-19.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-10-36.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-10-55.jpeg

But let’s get to the reason you go to a character meal: the characters! Pooh came out first and was a hug and shove situation. The one and only pic we got with Pooh I have my eyes closed. Donnie decided to start using live photos after that (which he loathes for some reason).

upload_2019-5-12_20-11-12.jpeg

Next was Alice and she was just so cute! Sorry while I go off topic for a moment. Does anyone remember when Disney Channel wasn’t part of regular cable and you had to pay for it extra like HBO? They had weekends where it was free and I loved it when they did! There was an Alice in Wonderland live action tv show that was my absolute favorite. This was probably the early 90s and it’s one of my earliest Disney related memories so Alice is near and dear to my heart. Back to meeting her! She was so tiny! I’m pretty short and she was was shorter than me. I had my hair in two French braids and she talked about that. I told her she should do her hair like that but she was worried they would fall out when she went topsy turvy. She was so sweet.

upload_2019-5-12_20-11-39.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-11-52.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-12-7.jpeg

Mary Poppins came through next and she was another hug and shove. She talked really fast and I couldn’t understand what she was saying so I just smiled and nodded. When Donnie went to take a picture with her he put his hand on her back like he had with Alice and Mary made him put his arm out for her to hold onto. She kinda made him feel uncomfortable like he did something wrong.

upload_2019-5-12_20-12-54.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-13-13.jpeg

Mad Hatter was the last one through and I was so excited to meet him! He told us we should ride his teacups when we go to Magic Kingdom but I told him I didn’t like them cause they made me dizzy. He was like “duh! That’s the point!” My notes say he dissed Epcot but I can’t remember why... He was just super goofy and fun and exactly what I expected him to be. I also still had some strawberry soup on the table and he told me I better finish it. Which I did.

upload_2019-5-12_20-15-10.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-15-27.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-15-44.jpeg

Tigger was the last character to meet but he was in the lobby. I found this kinda weird. Like was there not enough space to have him come through? Are they trying to get everyone out quicker with one less character to meet during the meal? Either way this particular Tigger gave us both a weird feeling. I dunno, it was just super awkward. He gave us both super long hugs. After breakfast we hopped on the monorail to go to Magic Kingdom a little after 11.

upload_2019-5-12_20-16-39.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-16-56.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-17-30.jpeg

Our first fp wasn’t for a while so we tried to go to Tiki Room first but it was roped off. So we went over to Country Bears which was down. We were 0 for 2. It was pretty busy and the waits were long because of the Super Bowl parade. We decided to just kinda wait around until our fp. My notes from this time say “past my people limit” so the crowds must have been getting to me. We got on Haunted Mansion at 11:40 and decided to move our Peter Pan fp. It was going to be during the parade so we were looking for something sooner. I saw one to meet Tinkerbell and I jokingly mentioned it but Donnie said sure! So we walked down Main Street which was packed with people already! The SB parade started around 2:30 and it was only 12:30 at this point. Tinkerbell talked about hiding a pumpkin muffin in her bun. She was cute but nothing super memorable.

upload_2019-5-12_20-18-44.jpeg

We headed towards Tomorrowland and stopped for purple wall pictures. We also went to Laugh Floor since we hadn’t yet this trip.

upload_2019-5-12_20-19-31.jpeg

Donnie ended up on screen for “still lives with his monster in law” but I couldn’t grab my phone fast enough to catch it. I love this little show. I think the technology is so cool and the monsters are always funny. We went to use our last fp at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and had fun as always! It was about 1:50 at this point and I didn’t have anything else I wanted to do so we decided to find a spot for the parade.

upload_2019-5-12_20-20-6.jpeg

Our last day at Disney is always at Magic Kingdom but I totally wasn’t thinking during my planning that the Super Bowl parade was taking place. This was also our last chance to watch Festival of Fantasy. We aren’t particularly fans of the Patriots but we still wanted to watch because it was a cool thing to say we were there for! We like watching FOF from Frontierland cause it’s not as busy and this was a good idea for today too! Even almost an hour early in Frontierland, the first little row on the ground behind the ropes was all taken so we sat on the porch near-ish Pecos Bills and it was a good spot! Again people came in ten minutes before hand and thought they were gonna get a good spot. People came and stood right behind us while we were sitting and waiting and since everyone in front of us stood, we stood too. On the porch. Directly in front of the people behind us. They moved. Anyways, the Super Bowl parade came through and some Patriots fan right in front of us was yelling at Tom Brady and he looked in our direction for a while so we got some good pics. Thanks, fan! All the characters in their football gear were cute too

upload_2019-5-12_20-22-30.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-22-47.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-23-34.jpeg

A lot of people cleared out after that but we sat back down til FOF started. Here’s some FOF pictures that I’m sure you’ve seen a million times.

upload_2019-5-12_20-24-45.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-25-12.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-25-40.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-26-18.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-26-51.jpeg

upload_2019-5-12_20-27-41.jpeg

We followed directly behind the end of the parade and up by Haunted Mansion. At some time we got a fp for Peter Pans Flight which I was happy about cause it had just come back from refurb the day before so we never had a chance to ride. So we rode that next. There was a bit of a delay getting on because a custodial cm was deep cleaning one of the boats. We know what that means and I got immediate anxiety in which Donnie tried to calm me down by suggesting what else might have required a cleanup. It didn’t really help but I appreciated the attempt.

I don’t even love this ride. I just feel like it’s not a Disney trip if we don’t ride it. Maybe I will get over that feeling in the future where I feel like I have to do something even if I don’t enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!