“I do not deal with my problems like I know I should” - F&W Fest 2018 - Update 1/20 Going Home

Magic Kingdom Morning

After I got showered as I’m not a heathen that goes into the park immediately post race, (yes, I judge those people I see hours after the race still in their race clothes and bib on) we headed out to the bus stop. The wait wasn’t too bad although the bus was very filled as everyone wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom! We had arrived after the park had opened (around 9:30AM) so at least we missed that morning rush! It also meant that wait times were growing around the park as we made our way down main street and to the bathrooms in Fantasyland (hydrating for races is important even if it means we tour all the bathrooms on property)

9mVuRg9.jpg

pgwp1fU.jpg

xCZJHgz.jpg

JmLF0dW.jpg

Our first FP+ was set for Haunted Mansion where for the first time in forever no one used their flash on the ride!

YXQYol1.jpg

When we got off, we noticed the wait time wasn’t too bad for Buzz and we had time to kill before our Space Mountain FP+

wgalN2X.jpg

We were not as successful this time around as I was in September. We had a poor show and my husband totally beat me! This photo was totally more intense this time around. I think its because he enjoys jerking the ride vehicle to be funny.

IearB90.jpg

6lPZkfC.jpg

IDeB3W9.jpg

Buzz Lightyear

We headed to one of my favorite attractions - the People Mover.

5Ok5da1.jpg

3KR0V70.jpg

AUUlaR0.jpg

VUy4459.jpg

It’s always such a nice way to relax before our next ride. Once we got off, we were well in our window for Space Mountain where we were behind people that couldn’t believe that the FP+ line merges into the main line at a certain point so I spent like 5 minutes telling them if they moved out of the lien to the empty one - they would end up taking the chicken exit out of the ride.

xzv2gEa.jpg

Space Mountain

Once we got off the ride, there wasn’t really enough time to do another attraction due to wait times around the park before it was time for lunch. We went exploring in the shops and got some silly photos along the way.

hlqWW1H.jpg

C3z7MJb.jpg

After I got showered as I’m not a heathen that goes into the park immediately post race, (yes, I judge those people I see hours after the race still in their race clothes and bib on) we headed out to the bus stop.
I've probably shared this before but we went to Artist Point one time on a Half Marathon day and there was still a lady in her race clothes, including a tutu, eating in there. Thankfully we were not seated next to her.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I hate when people use the flash on their phones in the dark rides, ugh!

You do look intense on Buzz!

We love PM, such a nice relaxing ride.

I LOVE that medal! So cute! And congrats!! I didn’t realize the 5K isn’t timed ... so no balloon ladies? I’m signed up for the Star Wars race in April (10K) and really need to get training because I am a looooong way from ready for it! :rolleyes: But I’m a big Star Wars fan so hopefully will be worth it. I promise to shower promptly. :rotfl2: @kastoney to still see someone in race gear at dinner ... and in a signature?!?! :scared1::sick:

Fun morning at the MK! Really interested to hear what you thought about Tony’s!

I've probably shared this before but we went to Artist Point one time on a Half Marathon day and there was still a lady in her race clothes, including a tutu, eating in there. Thankfully we were not seated next to her.
That's just nasty. Like really really nasty. How did her family or friends not tell her that?

I like it when he's silly as he's usually so serioues.

I hate when people use the flash on their phones in the dark rides, ugh!

You do look intense on Buzz!

We love PM, such a nice relaxing ride.
It is so rude! We had a few times that happened this trip but oh well! At least I didn't see as many iPads as cameras this time around!

We take competing in games very serious around here! Its all in good fun though. Its also why we won't play scrabble or risk anymore.

I LOVE that medal! So cute! And congrats!! I didn’t realize the 5K isn’t timed ... so no balloon ladies? I’m signed up for the Star Wars race in April (10K) and really need to get training because I am a looooong way from ready for it! :rolleyes: But I’m a big Star Wars fan so hopefully will be worth it. I promise to shower promptly. :rotfl2: @kastoney to still see someone in race gear at dinner ... and in a signature?!?! :scared1::sick:

Fun morning at the MK! Really interested to hear what you thought about Tony’s!

Well, if you are super super slow during the 5K - they will eventually sweep as they need to get the park open. I've never been that close to being swept during the 4 5Ks I've done so not sure!

Yay you are doing the 10K at Star Wars! We are there too that weekend (I know you are shocked!). We're staying at the Grand Floridian. Those races are so much fun! Are you light side or dark side?

Tony's coming up!

I'm glad I saw you even though we didn't get to talk!

Yes! Too bad we didn't see each other more.

He’s A Tramp

After being silly, we headed towards Tony’s for our lunch.

EcLZ0Ph.jpg

ltfQqYH.jpg

We had a reservation for right at opening so we got to see the Dapper Dans open the restaurant. Only a handful of people were watching them but it was so nice to see!

oFm2dDL.jpg

Video Here:

It wasn’t long after when we were called to be seated and were taken outside along the porch. Luckily, it was a nice day so eating outside was a pleasant experience.

y3ig0uZ.jpg

Why we ate this meal

Our server brought us bread and took our order.

XoXbeYa.jpg

Bread

I went with prosecco as sparkling drinks as fun and I wasn’t in the mood for a red wine with our food. I was happy to see that the wine and beer menu has grown a fair amount since they first added drinks over a year ago.

oHc7Yoh.jpg

Nino Franco Prosecco

My husband went with a super tuscan. He was happy with this!

VEyaXCv.jpg

Luce delle Vite ‘Lucente’ Super Tuscan

My husband started with the soup. He was pleasantly surprised with this and really enjoyed it (once he added some salt to it but that isn’t atypical in most 1 TS restaurants)

obFyrNY.jpg

Pasta Fagioli - Traditional Italian Soup with Pasta & Beans

I went with a salad. It was decent once we added pepper!

Z3xnEGm.jpg

Caesar Salad - Shaved Romano and House Made Focaccia Croutons

While we were enjoying our appetizers, we got to see the floats from the Move, Shake, Whatever it is called Parade/Show

Kcx4aAw.jpg

View of Move It, Shake It Parade

We actually split our main as we knew we would have dinner about 5 hours after this meal and didn’t want to overeat before the 10K (although let’s just see what happens at dinner later) Splitting this meal was the right choice. The chicken parmigiana was decent and well cooked. The fettuccini was good as well. The Spaghetti/Meatball was eh but we were full.

Avpj1c0.jpg

Italian Trio - Three classic favorites on one dish. Chicken Parmigiana, Fettuccine Alfredo, and Spaghetti and Pork-Beef Meatball

Overall, the meal wasn't bad. It wasn't amazing but it did it the job of filling us up and was a better choice than eating at a quick service.

After our meal was done, we had FP+ set for seeing Mickey. Well, my husband was not happy about this. We may have had a little spat but what marriage doesn't have those from time to time? He sat on a bench in front of Tony’s and I went and got my photo taken with Mickey alone.

IBtj8XI.jpg

7wc6x0g.jpg

EkVsD2B.jpg

xhyAaYx.jpg

Here are the photopass Mickey Photos:

7UNHxze.jpg

WlON3NX.jpg

hx0PWJj.jpg

iJTNYH5.jpg

After my Mickey visit, I met up with him and he was in a better mood. We headed back to the hotel and relaxed for a bit.​

I think I’m light side but not sure I really knew (or know) what that means. I really need to get to training and figuring this out!

I’m so glad you tried Tony’s. Perfect after your race. Dapper Dans opening so cool. I have fond memories of sitting on the porch for breakfast in the late 70s or early 80s. It was back when characters just magically appeared in Town Square and I’d run off the porch to meet them.

Love both of your beverage selections. I’ve had Lucente in Tutto Gusto and have since sought it out locally. Still a fun novelty to drink in the MK!

I so wish there was a stellar table service dining experience in the MK. Doesn’t seem like it should be so difficult (although I’ve not yet tried Skipper’s).

The Mickey meet and greet looks so cute! And he seems very impressed (as he should be) by your race achievement!

I love the decor at Tony's! Did you see the cameos the servers wore? I wanted one so badly. Apparently, they sell them but I couldn't find them.

Such a cute medal and perfect that you planned a decent meal at Tony’s! Super fun! Love your pics with Mickey! You’re hair looks curly! Is this new? Looks good!

Good to see you had a decent experience at Tony's. We've never tried it, but the prospect of outdoor seating and a super tuscan does have me intrigued :-)

I’m glad Tony’s was decent. We are trying this our first night in January. The meal looks good and I love Foccacia bread!

The Lady and Tramp medal is worth getting up at 3am!

I think I’m light side but not sure I really knew (or know) what that means. I really need to get to training and figuring this out!

I’m so glad you tried Tony’s. Perfect after your race. Dapper Dans opening so cool. I have fond memories of sitting on the porch for breakfast in the late 70s or early 80s. It was back when characters just magically appeared in Town Square and I’d run off the porch to meet them.

Love both of your beverage selections. I’ve had Lucente in Tutto Gusto and have since sought it out locally. Still a fun novelty to drink in the MK!

I so wish there was a stellar table service dining experience in the MK. Doesn’t seem like it should be so difficult (although I’ve not yet tried Skipper’s).

The Mickey meet and greet looks so cute! And he seems very impressed (as he should be) by your race achievement!

I think picking the light side means you will have a light side bib - not sure if it affects the medal yet. Because of that - my husband and I went on different sides. As he has his Boba Fett tattoo - I gave him dark side and I took light side.

I miss the days of magic characters around the Magic Kingdom. Now it seems the only place you get that is EPCOT and maybe Hollywood Studios.

Skipper's is a nice meal but I just did that over Labor Day so I wanted to try to get something different.

I love the decor at Tony's! Did you see the cameos the servers wore? I wanted one so badly. Apparently, they sell them but I couldn't find them.

The decor is so nice! I did notice the cameos but I did not know they sell them so I never had looked. Did you try the jewelry shop on Main Street?

Such a cute medal and perfect that you planned a decent meal at Tony’s! Super fun! Love your pics with Mickey! You’re hair looks curly! Is this new? Looks good!

I just love that medal! It makes me smile more than some of the other ones I have. My hair is wavy but that is because I cut off like 8 inches back in early October so when I let my hair naturally dry, it turns wavy as there isn't enough weight to keep it straight at least until I attack it with a certain hairbrush or hair dryer.

Good to see you had a decent experience at Tony's. We've never tried it, but the prospect of outdoor seating and a super tuscan does have me intrigued :-)

As long as you don't expect amazing food and are fine putting on your own salt and pepper- you can do well at Tony's. There are like 10 tables outside so you would need to request it unless you got there at opening like me.

Thanks!

Fun meal! And cute photos with Mickey :)
It was!

I’m glad Tony’s was decent. We are trying this our first night in January. The meal looks good and I love Foccacia bread!

The Lady and Tramp medal is worth getting up at 3am!

Lots of Foccacia bread to go around! That medal was worth the 3AM wake up call! Too bad I had 2 more mornings of 3AM coming up (and a complete lack of sleeping in this trip).

Alert!

Back at the room, we relaxed. I took a nap since 3:00AM wake up calls means I deserve a nap that day. We decided to drive to Disney Springs since we figured we wouldn’t be drinking more than a glass since we had a 10K the next day. We had been noting that the weather was getting a little nasty so we headed over a little early to our 5PM reservation at the Boathouse. We requested indoor seating since you could tell it was about to storm. It wasn’t long after we were seated that this alert came onto my phone and the sky opened up. So glad we weren’t outside as they were scrambling to get the outside cleared!

B1uA1xk.png

Alert

So my husband and I were reviewing the menu, my husband stated that they had a bottle of well reviewed chardonnay at less than 100% markup from retail. Even though we had the race the next day, splitting a bottle wouldn’t be too bad as long as we drank lots of water too. This was such a nice bottle of wine! We enjoyed it with our two orders of the breadbasket.

F61eMQA.jpg

Far Niente

We skipped appetizers as we wanted to eat lots of bread and headed straight to the entrees. My husband went with a steak as he knows they do the filets well here.

NchviC2.jpg

Filet Mignon (8 ounce)

I went with an appetizer as my meal as I wasn’t in the mood for a steak and I would be on a huge shrimp kick this trip. If I did a shrimp count - it might rival @SweetSerenity Cheese Count on her dining report. I love these shrimp as there is just enough kick to them!

IPX4X5p.jpg

Firecracker Shrimp - Sriracha Mayo, Serrano Chilis, Sweet Peppers

We also split a side of truffle fries although we were very unfancy with them and had ranch and ketchup with the fries instead of the lemon aioli.

lOM3Ooc.jpg

Truffle Fries - Lemon Aioli

We had the best server tonight! My husband has a dry sense of humor and so did the waiter so they had a great time lining off. On top of the banter (which I wish I would have written down exactly what it was), he was efficient in service and time the meal out well.

We decided against dessert here as I had seen something I really wanted on the way in. We finally headed into Vivoli il Gelato for the first time after we settled our bill (AP discount only as they don’t take TIW) We always wanted to go but we never did as too many options at Disney Spring always kept us away. My husband had a shake that he was very happy with. He also ordered a double espresso to help make him less sleepy from the bottle of wine we had just split.

f72g9Ka.jpg

King’s Shake - Peanut Butter Gelato and Banana Gelato spun with Milk, drizzled with Chocolate Sauce and topped with Whipped Cream and Peanuts
I went for something I knew I couldn’t finish but it was cute. I did switch out the ice cream flavor from chocolate to vanilla and tiramisu as I felt it would make it feel less heavy and I’m glad I did as it was excellent. Plus it was a turkey and that marketing technique totally worked on me!

CBX7FoV.jpg

Turkey Sundae

While we were enjoying these, we met up with @MommaoffherRocker as while she was running the Wine & Dine Two Course Challenge, her husband was not. My husband and I weren’t planning on going to the after party (and in the end, I’m really glad we didn’t but that’s a few updates away) so I was trading her my ticket for some cash (heavily discounted, of course!) It was nice to chat with her and her husband and have my husband meet more of my RunDisney friends. We eventually parted ways so they could get dinner and we could head back to the room before it rained some more.

Back at the room, we watched some tv and went to bed by 9AM.​

Ha! I would be happy to do a cheese and shrimp kickoff!

I didn't get any tornado alerts. What day was this? Friday?

Ha! I would be happy to do a cheese and shrimp kickoff!

I didn't get any tornado alerts. What day was this? Friday?
You would probably win on count numbers but who doesn’t love cheese?

This was Friday late afternoon when the storm got nasty. Do you have alerts turned off on your phone? I have weather ones on since I live where I need to worry about those things from time to time.

I’ve done Tony’s once in January. I was pleased with it compared to some the reviews. Glad you had a decent meal there.

I am a big fan of the Boathouse. I also love their fries. That sundae looks pretty awesome. I haven’t been to Vivoli yet.

Aren’t runDisney friends the best ;)

Ok Your food looks amazing!! We might need to try the Boathouse next time.

Also we didn’t get a tornado alert either. You must be more important that us, haha

Thanks again for the ticket, we had a great time at the party! And @rteetz is right runDisney friends are the best!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter