“I do not deal with my problems like I know I should” - F&W Fest 2018 - Update 1/20 Going Home

Really enjoyed your report!

Its funny, I just wrote about our experience at HBD this morning, which was decidedly different from yours :goodvibes But we really enjoyed it there too.

The AK tour looks so fun. My DH and I have been trying out some tours and I think maybe next time we'll try one at AK. It seems they have quite a few.

Another 5:30 awakening :eek: I hope at least you got to sleep in the car :laughing:

I can't believe you left so early in the morning. I'm not sure I ever could do that. We usually pick up the dogs the day after we come home just so I don't have to think about rushing home for them.

Wow, the safari event sounds awesome. I’ve been wondering about that one as well as the one at AKL. I think the latter may involve a full dinner but I’m not sure. Maybe I’ll just try both! The coasters are a cute favor. Up at 5:30 to head home?!?! I’d have given “the look” too. Probably with some choice words as narration. But there is something to be said for getting home, laundry started and, of course, seeing the pups! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

It was pretty awesome! The AKL one does include dinner at Jiko and I've heard good things about it as well. I think you should totally try both! My husband has always been iffy on Jiko though because of the horrible Wine dinner we had during the Food & Wine Festival years ago & it was one of the first wine dinners I ever dragged him too. He did admit during marathon weekend that he knows he needs to stop judging them for that.

Yeah...he didn't understand vacations are for sleeping in this trip. At least during the last trip - I didn't have to leave the room after he left for the races and I got to go back to bed once I settled back down.

Another great report as always!!! Though I think I'd have to hurt Jason if he wanted to leave that early in the morning. Now I'm all for wanting to get to Disney as early as possible, but I wanna leave as late as we can!

Thank you! Oh, I wasn't a very happy camper but at least I didn't have to drive. He knew the only way he was leaving then was by driving. I'm usually fine leaving the morning of since we usually have to work the next day but still! Let the sun rise!

When's your next trip?

We just got back from Marathon Weekend so our next trip is the first weekend in April for Star Wars Rival Run Weekend. We have 2.5 weeks in France in September. I'm in full France planning though as we finally got our airfare settled and now I need to plan out our down times during our tour then.

Really enjoyed your report!

Its funny, I just wrote about our experience at HBD this morning, which was decidedly different from yours :goodvibes But we really enjoyed it there too.

The AK tour looks so fun. My DH and I have been trying out some tours and I think maybe next time we'll try one at AK. It seems they have quite a few.

Another 5:30 awakening :eek: I hope at least you got to sleep in the car :laughing:

Thank you for reading along!

Your HBD was different but it was still good so wins all around! I love that outdoor area and should use it more as well. They do have a quite a few! I tried to get us into the Rhino tour a couple times now but it was sold out on the days we could go.

I didn't sleep in the car but I did spend most of the time playing on my phone or annoying him by asking really silly question to the podcast he was listening to. I feel annoying him was the right thing to do!

I can't believe you left so early in the morning. I'm not sure I ever could do that. We usually pick up the dogs the day after we come home just so I don't have to think about rushing home for them.

We're about half and half on picking up the dogs the day we come home or the day after on our trips. This was Gantu's first long kennel stay so we tried to minimize it a bit. At least for us, the drive is only a few hours so if we get home early enough we still have a full day to get all the normal stuff done.

I think it’s time for your next trip report! :D

Hehe...no report for January's trip as I didn't take a lot of photos and just enjoyed the trip. I did a small recap in my training journal but not really. France now has all my attention!

. I'm in full France planning though as we finally got our airfare settled and now I need to plan out our down times during our tour then.

I would love to hear about what you have planned for France. It looks like we are taking my girls to France this summer.

Omg I forgot about your training journal!

I just need to train more in the training journal haha!

Loved your report - great as always!!!

Thank you for joining along for the journey!

I would love to hear about what you have planned for France. It looks like we are taking my girls to France this summer.

Oh, I want to here your plans as well! We are doing a 13 night Tauck tour, a day or two on our own and then 4 Nights in Disneyland Paris for the RunDisney Weekend.

Here is a list of everything we're doing for the Tauck Portion:
Versailles
Chartres's Gothic Cathedral
International Stained Glass Centre
Town of Chartres
Town of Langeais
Chateau de Champchvrier
Loire Valley - "Garden of France"
Chateau de Langeais
Le Moulin Bleu Winery
Chateau Villandry
Chateau d'Angers
Apocalype Tapestry
SAS Miramar Crouesty
SAS Miramar Spa?
Le Petit Mont
Sightseeing Cruise Golfe du Morbihan
Rochefort-en-Terre
Brittany's Medieval History
Brittany's Cathedral
Promenade de la Garenne (Vannes)
Josselin
Chateau Josselin
Doll Museum
Breton Villages to St Malo
Abbey of Mont St Michel
La Villa Intra-Muros
Bayeux Tapestry
Le Memorial de Caen
Peace Museum & Memorial Gardens
Deauville
D-Day Lecture
Private WWII Memorabilia
Pointe du Hoc
Omaha Beach
American Cemetery
Tour Rouen
Church St Joan of Arc
Giverny Travel
Claude Monet's Home
Travel to Paris
Eiffel Tower
Arc de Triomphe
Champs-Elysees
Cathedral of Notre Dame
Walking Tour of Paris
Musee d'Orsay
Gare d'Orsay
Farewell Cruise River Seine

My pre-trip is here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...-to-say-france-sept-2019-update-1-12.3658042/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter