“I do not deal with my problems like I know I should” - F&W Fest 2018 - Update 1/20 Going Home

Bar Hopping Around Disney Springs

We relaxed for a couple of hours back at the hotel before taking an Uber over to Disney Springs. We didn’t feel like dealing with the buses although thanks to the drop off point for Disney Springs - the bus might have been a smarter choice but at least we didn’t mind walking to the other side of Disney Springs. We headed into AMC as we had movie tickets for Bohemian Rhapsody. We got a large beverage to share since you can refill, a large popcorn (which was too much), and two alcoholic beverages. We really enjoyed the movie even if it was a little factually inaccurate but most biopic films tend to be a little off.

KozZbwe.jpg

Popcorn & Drinks

After the movie, we went into Fit2Run where my husband got new running shoes since his were getting up there in miles. We like to make sure he has at least 2 decent pairs in rotation at a time. He also got a new pair of running shorts since they were on sale. We then headed to the Star Wars store where I decided to get myself the wooden Millennium Falcon and I found one of the Holiday Stitches in the rafters!

Uuqcb6h.jpg

Holiday Stitch

Our plan for dinner this night was to eat around a couple bars and have some drinks since we had Disney to drive us. First up was Homecomin’ where we were able to get two seats at the bar. We tried to get the Whistle Pig but they were out of it which was sad. We ended up going with Angel’s Envy, the Michter's Small Batch and Old Camp Peach Pecan Whiskey. For our beer chaser we picked Blue Moon as we knew it would be light and enjoyable with the whiskey. We enjoyed all our picks although the Old Camp was our least favorite as it was overly sweet in comparison to most bourbons.

ZVY5l6e.jpg

Make Your Own Whiskey Flight

I went with the chicken biscuits as I always wanted to try them and this was the right time since we would be drinking and this could help soak it all up. This was a lot of food! I would not be able to eat a full entree if I had this as my appetizer. The biscuits are amazing and the chicken was well fried and tender.

8XgkxNy.jpg

Thigh High Chicken Biscuits - Three biscuits topped with Chef Art’s famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with hot honey

When we left Homecomin’, we decided to try the bar at a restaurant neither of us had been to yet, Frontera Cocina. The bar was pretty much dead here so we had a large selection of places to sit. None of the appetizers really called out to us so we just went with chips & salsa along with some tequila and a margarita. I barely got to taste any of the tequilas as my husband consumed them quickly. I’m glad I got a tiny sip in! At least I had a margarita that I knew he wouldn’t be a huge fan of because of the watermelon and chili powder. I think this place we will stick to bar only in the future as the menu just doesn’t call out to us but they have a decent tequila selection and it is a lot quieter than Paradiso 37.

pVZPN2f.jpg

Premium Tequila Flight - Casa Dragones blanco, Clase Azul reposado, Avion Reserva extra anejo

GnSYp5s.jpg

Chips & Salsa - Smoky Chipotle, Herby Salsa Verde

vnhYHGz.jpg

Watermelon Pink Flamingo - Ambhar blanco tequila, fresh watermelon and lime juice, orange liqueur, tajin chili powder rim

We headed to World of Disney so I could get a stuffed Christmas Stitch and a wooden puzzle that I had seen online. I love the layout of the new store! It feels so less claustrophobic in there and I can actually move around! My husband was getting tired (Those early mornings were probably catching up to him now!) so we decided that Wine Bar George would be the last stop of the evening. He already knew what he wanted when he had seen the menu at the beginning of the trip and he went for it. The King Experience includes 4 of the most highly rated wines out there. The bottles are very expensive on their own so not something that is easy to come by on normal people’s salaries. This was a great way to try without hurting the wallet too much. I only got to try the tiniest of sips of each of these but the Chateau Margaux was probably the best tasting experience I’ve ever had for a wine as it reminded me of fields near where grapes grow and had some awesome floral notes. The Rothschild was robust and enjoyable. The other two were great in their own way but after the Rothschild and Margaux, they were left far behind. This also feels like one of the most snotty sentences I’ve ever written and in complete contrast to the hot dog I had for lunch that day.

nivJGef.jpg

The King Experience - 1 Ounce Each - Chateau Margaux ’95, Château Mouton Rothschild ‘06, Harlan Estate ‘14, Dujac, Grand Cru ‘16

My selection was the dessert experience. It was three pours of wine paired with chocolate from the Ganachery. We had a merlot, a port and a moscato. I really enjoyed this as it was a great way to end the bar hopping with something sweet but more complex than a simple dessert.

EXqNwZA.jpg

3LcmTB1.jpg

The Chocolate Experience - Three Wines & Three Chocolates

We decided to save some money since we dropped a pretty penny around the various bars and we took the bus back to the Boardwalk. Luckily, it wasn’t too long of a wait until the bus arrived and we were back at the hotel.

VsY0f3F.jpg

All The Goodies

I adore Disney Springs but agree, while better than it has been in the past, getting to and from is still a PITA. I want to plan a long weekend at Saratoga (or even a neighbor hotel) and do all Disney Springs. I’ve not seen a movie there so will add that in too. LOVE those thigh biscuits. Sooooo good. And definitely a large portion. I’ve been to Frontera a couple times and like it. The guacamole is very good as is the queso. I feel bad it doesn’t get a lot of love (even from me) but there are just so many great choices.

OMG on Wine Bar George! I’m having serious envy and may need to go soon to do that King tasting. Although then I’ll be tempted to go for a full glass and then will I ever be able to go back to commoner’s wine? :rolleyes: They have a lot of very interesting flights and pairings there. It’s fast moved to the top of my must-do-every-trip list. I did a special event there in Oct - screening of the latest Somm movie and a parallel tasting of the wines in the movie (or as close an approximation as they could get) with George himself. It was really interesting. They seem to do special events fairly often and might be worth the drive for you guys if it worked schedule-wise. Maybe your husband could even count it as training!

Great shopping haul. That wooden puzzle looks complicated. Guess that’s why you’re in a technical field and I’m not. :D

We drove to Disney Springs in November and always parked in the lime garage. I don't like to use Disney transportation to go there. The garage is close to WOD so we went there last in case we had too many purchases to carry around.

The chicken and biscuits look wonderful. I think I would just get appetizers next time I went.

Happy New Year!

Fun night bar hopping. We have looked at the menu at Frontera Cocina a few times, but even being big Mexican food fans, we still haven't tried it. Our food trips are slightly different now, DD1 is a vegetarian, DH and I are mostly vegetarian, we eat fish and seafood when we are out. My youngest DD doesn't eat pork products. Which can make it interesting eating out.

Your dessert wine flight looks heavenly. I love wine and chocolate so much...plus those chicken and biscuits. That is one yummy night!

I adore Disney Springs but agree, while better than it has been in the past, getting to and from is still a PITA. I want to plan a long weekend at Saratoga (or even a neighbor hotel) and do all Disney Springs. I’ve not seen a movie there so will add that in too. LOVE those thigh biscuits. Sooooo good. And definitely a large portion. I’ve been to Frontera a couple times and like it. The guacamole is very good as is the queso. I feel bad it doesn’t get a lot of love (even from me) but there are just so many great choices.

OMG on Wine Bar George! I’m having serious envy and may need to go soon to do that King tasting. Although then I’ll be tempted to go for a full glass and then will I ever be able to go back to commoner’s wine? :rolleyes: They have a lot of very interesting flights and pairings there. It’s fast moved to the top of my must-do-every-trip list. I did a special event there in Oct - screening of the latest Somm movie and a parallel tasting of the wines in the movie (or as close an approximation as they could get) with George himself. It was really interesting. They seem to do special events fairly often and might be worth the drive for you guys if it worked schedule-wise. Maybe your husband could even count it as training!

Great shopping haul. That wooden puzzle looks complicated. Guess that’s why you’re in a technical field and I’m not. :D

It is a lot better to get there than it used to be! We're debating if we are going to stay at a neighbor hotel next Wednesday or DVC (if I luck out with a 1 bedroom or studio that I'm stalking for) so we can spend the night at DS before we have to move to behavior mode for the races with my husband. Good to know the guacamole and queso are good at Frontera! you are right it suffers from being around too many great choices. We didn't even get to all the bars we wanted to this trip!

The King Tasting is well worth the money. The cost is what help keep us from getting more than that.

You need to post reviews of these special events you go to! That event sounds awesome. I will have to look into those! They do have some awesome flights there.

The wooden puzzle wasn't too bad - I did end up breaking one piece though and had to use superglue to fix it! I still haven't started the locomotive I got from Japan as I"m working on the UP puzzle still - only about half way done with that but I can't seem to work on it as much as I want to. I'll get there!

Hope you had a wonderful New Year! We were asleep by 10:15pm last night after enjoying two bottles of bubbly and Black Mirror: Bandersnatch then a Robin Williams documentary.

We drove to Disney Springs in November and always parked in the lime garage. I don't like to use Disney transportation to go there. The garage is close to WOD so we went there last in case we had too many purchases to carry around.

The chicken and biscuits look wonderful. I think I would just get appetizers next time I went.

Happy New Year!

If we weren't planning on drinking, we would have totally drove ourselves but we weren't sure how much we would have and know its better to be safe than sorry. There is so much in WOD! I didn't even get everything I wanted but I knew we have other trips in the future that I can probably get some stuff at!

Fun night bar hopping. We have looked at the menu at Frontera Cocina a few times, but even being big Mexican food fans, we still haven't tried it. Our food trips are slightly different now, DD1 is a vegetarian, DH and I are mostly vegetarian, we eat fish and seafood when we are out. My youngest DD doesn't eat pork products. Which can make it interesting eating out.

It was a good night! The menu just seems to be lacking there at Frontera. I also think its going to suffer more as Jaleo opens up (that is the last place to open I think that was announced, right?) Too many restaurants isn't a bad thing though although I do wonder which will be the first to close. At least Disney seems to have some decent options for vegetarians from what I remember when my husband was vegetarian for that year. That would make for some different choices though.

Your dessert wine flight looks heavenly. I love wine and chocolate so much...plus those chicken and biscuits. That is one yummy night!

It was heavenly! It was a nice way to enjoy dessert and also really reasonable at $25 (especially in comparison to the King Experience which was 10x that)

We decided to save some money since we dropped a pretty penny around the various bars and we took the bus back to the Boardwalk. Luckily, it wasn’t too long of a wait until the bus arrived and we were back at the hotel.
Nice! Usually (and as others have said) bus transportation to and from DS is the worst.

All The Goodies
Oh my goodness I love the carriage wooden puzzle! Gorgeous!

Nice! Usually (and as others have said) bus transportation to and from DS is the worst.
It does! I'm glad I got a last minute DVC reservation for SSR for next Wednesday as we plan to do the DS Bar Hop again. At least then, we'll be in walking distance as we have a preferred studio!

.Oh my goodness I love the carriage wooden puzzle! Gorgeous!
Yes! It is amazing! I really wanted the monorail too but my husband told me to wait to see if I even enjoyed doing the wooden puzzle before we spent the $100 on it. Well, too bad for him that it will be coming home with us next week!

Early Morning

As my husband continued to wake us up at some horrible early hour (it’s day 9 of vacation & I haven’t slept in once beyond 6AM) I decided it was a good time to do some laundry as I didn’t really like the pants I had left clean and I was up anyway as he’s loud. I do wish people had some laundry room etiquette like picking up your nasty hair out of the washer when you move your stuff from the washer to dryer or cleaning the lint trap or removing your dryer sheet - you know basic stuff. So as he was running, I spent some quality time in the laundry room - working on this trip report and paying bills as it was payday. Once the first load was dried (had to wait for 2nd to start about 30 minutes due to nasty hair lady), I headed back to the room and started the sad task of pulling out the suitcases. I knew we weren’t leaving for another 2 days but figured it might be smart to put away the clothes that I knew we wouldn’t wear. It’s kinda sad as you know it means vacation was almost over.

zMIjXYI.jpg

Laundry

This is where my husband and I ended up with our fight of the trip. Married couples know what I’m talking about as most long trips end up with one. He didn’t want to do rope drop and flat out refused to leave the room before 9AM. I wasn’t happy especially since I had been waking up between 5 and 6AM due to his runs every.single.day. This meant I didn’t get to go on Soarin’ a second time as by the time we made it back into the park - it was already at a 40+ minute wait. We headed to The Living Seas with Nemo since we hadn’t made it there yet this trip. The ride and walk were done in silence. Nemo is still enjoyable despite bad attitudes!

JjSK91l.jpg

Mine, Mine, Mine

vshbRzs.jpg

Finding Nemo

We explored The Seas a bit afterwards as well.

Ip9EfLY.jpg

AfAbBT8.jpg

FzSu0hN.jpg

dD5FKwi.jpg

tB0tn5g.jpg

Ly7EFEX.jpg

I apparently failed badly at the Shark Quiz game.

PxRLxNx.jpg

Shark Chum

We made our way over to Test Track to use our FP+ and I spied a Remy.

1f9YHBS.jpg

Taste Track Remy

At Test Track, we stated we were parties of one so we could each design our own vehicle and see who could beat each other overall.

O8Q3L4w.jpg

My Ugly Vehicle

KccD2Rp.jpg

His Ugly Vehicle

bO7eigB.jpg

My vehicle was the highest capability for the day where as my husband’s was 4th for power. I suspect his might not have lasted much longer since it was just an 85. I probably kept mine for a while with my 98. My overall score beat his at 219 versus his 211.

nfvlbtv.jpg

Capability Winners

uijwpIR.jpg

Power Winners

Round 3 of Festival Booths

We headed into the Festival Center as I was finally at 4 days of entering EPCOT and hoped to still get my wooden cutting board. We decided we needed a drink first and stopped by Craft Drafts to get both of the samplers! Beer made us both less annoyed at each other. After we tasted all of them, we each took our three favorites (meaning I took my 3 favorites and he got what was left) to finish. I really enjoyed the Lemongrass Saison as I found it extremely refreshing. The Melon Ale was also nice. My other favorite was the Chocolate Stout as who doesn’t love chocolate?

UtImQO8.jpg

Flight #1: First Magnitude Lemongrass Saison, JDubs’s Honeydew Melon Kolsch Ale, Shipyard Monkey Fist IPA

sfMnLUp.jpg

Flight #2: Bold City Brewing 1901 Roasted Red Ale, Passport Triple Chocolate Stout, Central 28 Waff-Ale

We headed to the Annual Pass area for me to pick up my cutting board and even though my husband only had 3 visits to EPCOT - they let him get one as well. I’m guessing they over ordered which is why they did that as the festival only had three more days after this day. We now have 4 of these small cutting boards that I probably don't’ really need since we had gotten F&W ones before during one of the Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It events.

1MJPAhr.jpg

Cutting Board

We got our free sample of chocolate at the sculptures and headed to the wine store.

WVY3u47.jpg

Tiki Chocolate

They were doing cheap samples of wine and the name interested me so I had us try the Quantum Leap. It was crisp which is how I like my white wines.

GI9pALE.jpg

Tuoq0O9.jpg

Quantum Leap

We headed towards Spaceship Earth where we learned a lesson. If you select a foreign language in the beginning, you will get to hear it in that language the entire time. My husband selected French in the beginning so we got to hear the whole ride in French - including the quiz at the end.

XH7eC3o.jpg

ob3z32s.jpg

21vdJxR.jpg

MV2u2r5.jpg

We explored the Art of Disney where I almost bought more art but my husband stopped me. I think I’m going to get it in January if its still there as we all know I love my Stitch paintings but I guess I hadn’t had enough to drink yet to go for it!

oTJqApk.jpg

UVUHMOp.jpg

eRrG5J4.jpg

We headed towards the World Showcase where we learned they had changed out the Food & Wine topiary for the Christmas Tree.

NsoGxCh.jpg

Christmas Tree

There was one booth I really wanted to get some dishes at that we hadn’t yet this year and that was China. I just love that black pepper shrimp although it is now very overpriced from what it used to be. The potstickers were enjoyable as well. I’m glad I had some extra food in my stomach.

VcmCq76.jpg

Black Pepper Shrimp

yq1OMZk.jpg

Chicken Potstickers

We had some time to kill before our next special event so we shopped a bit in Norway and Mexico not really buying anything.

IC0BtFb.jpg

Mexico

Coming up...my husband does something I never in my life thought was possible.

As my husband continued to wake us up at some horrible early hour (it’s day 9 of vacation & I haven’t slept in once beyond 6AM) I decided it was a good time to do some laundry as I didn’t really like the pants I had left clean and I was up anyway as he’s loud. I do wish people had some laundry room etiquette like picking up your nasty hair out of the washer when you move your stuff from the washer to dryer or cleaning the lint trap or removing your dryer sheet - you know basic stuff. So as he was running, I spent some quality time in the laundry room - working on this trip report and paying bills as it was payday. Once the first load was dried (had to wait for 2nd to start about 30 minutes due to nasty hair lady), I headed back to the room and started the sad task of pulling out the suitcases. I knew we weren’t leaving for another 2 days but figured it might be smart to put away the clothes that I knew we wouldn’t wear. It’s kinda sad as you know it means vacation was almost over.
GROSS. People are gross :(

We headed to the Annual Pass area for me to pick up my cutting board and even though my husband only had 3 visits to EPCOT - they let him get one as well. I’m guessing they over ordered which is why they did that as the festival only had three more days after this day. We now have 4 of these small cutting boards that I probably don't’ really need since we had gotten F&W ones before during one of the Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It events.
LOL the one and only thing they ordered enough of and didn't run out!

The hair in the washer reminds me of a Bahama Trip we took years ago and the pool had this long black hair in it and it was so gross, never went back in the pool and I am still scared of pools, lol!

Glad the beer mellowed the fight between you two. I get it, I have been married a long time!

(Side Note: My cell phone times is making this real easy to remember times!)

I love that. Without it, I wouldn't remember anything!

It was time for us to head back to Italy and visit Via Napoli where we had our Italian Food, Beer Vs Wine Food and Wine Festival Event.

That seems like a great event. I think next time DH and I go for F & W we will have to start trying some of these special events.

After our meal, we headed to the FP+ line at Jungle Cruise right at 11:10AM. There was a long line for FP+ and stand-by was over an hour but it only took about 12 minutes until we were on a boat getting to listen to all the corny Christmas jokes we could handle.

I love the Jingle Cruise :love:

This is where my husband and I ended up with our fight of the trip. Married couples know what I’m talking about as most long trips end up with one. He didn’t want to do rope drop and flat out refused to leave the room before 9AM. I wasn’t happy especially since I had been waking up between 5 and 6AM due to his runs every.single.day. This meant I didn’t get to go on Soarin’ a second time as by the time we made it back into the park - it was already at a 40+ minute wait. We headed to The Living Seas with Nemo since we hadn’t made it there yet this trip. The ride and walk were done in silence. Nemo is still enjoyable despite bad attitudes!

:laughing: I have no idea what you're talking about :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

GROSS. People are gross :(
Yup. This is why I hate most people.

LOL the one and only thing they ordered enough of and didn't run out!
I know right! They had so many left too from what I saw!

The hair in the washer reminds me of a Bahama Trip we took years ago and the pool had this long black hair in it and it was so gross, never went back in the pool and I am still scared of pools, lol!
There are few things grosser than someone else's wet hair mess. Its one thing if its yours or your family members.

Glad the beer mellowed the fight between you two. I get it, I have been married a long time!
It did! We always love each other - we may just not like each other very much from time to time! I debated on if I was going to post about it or not but I rather be realistic than 'everything is awesome' all the time.

I love that. Without it, I wouldn't remember anything!
Glad I'm not the only one using it!

That seems like a great event. I think next time DH and I go for F & W we will have to start trying some of these special events.

It was a great event. The special events really make the festival for us. I mean, I like the food booths but I also love pairing meals in general so its a nice contrast.

I love the Jingle Cruise :love:
I like it so much better than normal Jungle Cruise as the jokes feel new to me!

:laughing: I have no idea what you're talking about :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1
:rolleyes1 Yay Marriage!

Mexican Tequila Lunch

When they state that the Mexican Tequila Lunch states at 12PM. They mean 12PM. You will not be sat until that time. We checked in and were sat in a booth to the side away from other people. My husband found this to be very enjoyable although I was sad we weren’t going to be able to have temporary friends as we drank more and more tequila. I drowned my sorrows with the welcome margarita that was served.

iLhakJ9.jpg

Table Setting

rpKGjNl.jpg

Menu

vBCaLo2.jpg

Smell Elements

After everyone was seated, we were greeted by our host Hilda. This would be my first time interacting with Hilda as usually I’ve gotten the guy Tequila Ambassador but I found Hilda to be a lot more fun and personable throughout the event.

41x1wHp.jpg

Hilda - Host

The first course was a wonderfully tender piece of lobster on top of an avocado that I didn’t eat because it wasn’t seasoned in any way. Why waste the stomach space? I liked the blanco it was paired with.

yEpg7Bz.jpg

RbSwqkH.jpg

Lobster Mango Ceviche - Chili cured lobster in tequila mango ceviche served with chili de arbol dusted plantain chips - paired with Ambhar Blanco Tequila

The second course made me wish I could get seconds! These empanadas were some of the best I’ve ever had.

dDqkV8J.jpg

Empanadas de Chilorio - Slow roasted pork, poblano and oaxaca cheese filled empanadas, topped with poblano cream sauce, pickled onions, toasted almonds and queso fresco - paired with El Tesoro de Don Felipe Reposado Tequila

While I couldn’t get a second of the empanadas, I was able to get a second helping of the welcome margarita. My husband gave me a look for asking but I saw other tables getting them so I made sure I got it too!

NyzXXr8.jpg

Second Margarita

Since my husband hadn’t eaten a ton, the margarita and tequila shots loosened him up a bit. When Hilda called for volunteers, he actually participated and went up. He ended up eating a grasshopper as if your bottle of ‘tequila’ has any bug in it - its really Mezcal. Grasshoppers are one of those bugs used in Mezcal bottle production. I can’t believe he actually ate it!

HYvEYVQ.jpg

wf36CqY.jpg

jg1Sq4o.jpg

Grasshopper Consumption

He was able to clear his palette with the third course which was a wonderfully tender filet. It was cooked to a medium temperature which is fine in a setting like this where you are serving a large crowd. The chimichurri was nice as well. I didn’t really enjoy the mezcal but at least I had the vodka shot to clear my taste buds before the final course.

kJeUZBZ.jpg

Carne Con Yuca Frita - Filet of beef on a bed of forest blend mushrooms and cascabel sauce, topped with nopal chimichurri, accompanied with Tajin yuca fries - paired with Gracias A Dios Reposado Mezcal

Dessert was a nice rich chocolate cake. It was a nice way to end the meal although I’m sad they paired the Anejo with this rather than doing the espresso tequila they used to do.

R1mvBeI.jpg

Mexican Chocolate Molten Lava Cake - molten chocolate cake served with a citrus guava glaze and dusted with ancho chili salt paired with Hornitos Black Barrel Anejo Tequila

Overall, a good event! They cut some costs this year as we got one less tequila than previous years but that seems to be the norm around Disney nowadays.

We headed out of the park back to the room as we needed a nice nap after all that food and tequila! I took the boat whereas my husband walked as all that tequila meant I was going to be lazy.​

So between you and your husband you’ve already done more exercise and laundry than I’ve ever contemplated on vacation. :rotfl:I admire both! The early wake ups would get to me too, though. Interesting they were more relaxed on the cutting boards. It was like Fort Knox when I went...I think I had to show my AP and ID at least twice, possibly 3 times! But I’m glad they took it seriously and had enough for all to collect. If they hadn’t, I, sure some would abuse. :rolleyes: Looks like we had the same menu for the tequila lunch we did in Oct. I really enjoyed it. All the food was sooooo good. That welcome mezcal margarita was too smoky for me though. I was at a fun table in the back and either they didn’t count correctly or some people didn’t show because an entire table next to us was empty but the tequila was poured. So naturally we couldn’t let that go to waste (we did ask a server and got a wink and nod to “go for it.”). Overall, I really enjoyed this event and would do it again.

Our plan for dinner this night was to eat around a couple bars and have some drinks since we had Disney to drive us.
My favorite kind of Disney night. Sadly with the close of the child care centers it will be a while before this is in our Disney cards.

I went with the chicken biscuits as I always wanted to try them and this was the right time since we would be drinking and this could help soak it all up. This was a lot of food! I would not be able to eat a full entree if I had this as my appetizer. The biscuits are amazing and the chicken was well fried and tender.

8XgkxNy.jpg
Oh this is one of my favorite things to eat in all of Disney. You are right though, they are a ton of food.

vnhYHGz.jpg

Watermelon Pink Flamingo - Ambhar blanco tequila, fresh watermelon and lime juice, orange liqueur, tajin chili powder rim
This sounds delicious. I agree their menu seems flat, but I would be all over this.

he King Experience includes 4 of the most highly rated wines out there. The bottles are very expensive on their own so not something that is easy to come by on normal people’s salaries. This was a great way to try without hurting the wallet too much. I only got to try the tiniest of sips of each of these but the Chateau Margaux was probably the best tasting experience I’ve ever had for a wine as it reminded me of fields near where grapes grow and had some awesome floral notes.
Wow, Wow, wow!!!!!!!!! What an amazing experience. Was it worth the price?

This also feels like one of the most snotty sentences I’ve ever written and in complete contrast to the hot dog I had for lunch that day.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Its not every day that you can say you went from a hot dog to a $2000 bottle of wine

Beer made us both less annoyed at each other. After we tasted all of them, we each took our three favorites (meaning I took my 3 favorites and he got what was left) to finish. I really enjoyed the Lemongrass Saison as I found it extremely refreshing. The Melon Ale was also nice. My other favorite was the Chocolate Stout as who doesn’t love chocolate?
Its great how a little alcohol can make things better or of course it can make it worse too :P The rare arguments Jason and I have are usually alcohol induced :drinking1

The caisson and ale both sound great, but you can keep that chocolate stout. I love chocolate, but not in my beer

There was one booth I really wanted to get some dishes at that we hadn’t yet this year and that was China. I just love that black pepper shrimp although it is now very overpriced from what it used to be. The potstickers were enjoyable as well. I’m glad I had some extra food in my stomach.
I have been jonseing for some Chinese food for a few days now and I would like to thank you for now moving me into full on craving. Must get today!!!

dDqkV8J.jpg

Empanadas de Chilorio - Slow roasted pork, poblano and oaxaca cheese filled empanadas, topped with poblano cream sauce, pickled onions, toasted almonds and queso fresco - paired with El Tesoro de Don Felipe Reposado Tequila
Yum!!!

Since my husband hadn’t eaten a ton, the margarita and tequila shots loosened him up a bit. When Hilda called for volunteers, he actually participated and went up. He ended up eating a grasshopper as if your bottle of ‘tequila’ has any bug in it - its really Mezcal. Grasshoppers are one of those bugs used in Mezcal bottle production. I can’t believe he actually ate it!

HYvEYVQ.jpg
He must have been very loose as based upon what you've written I would say this was a bit out of character. How was the grasshopper?

kJeUZBZ.jpg

Carne Con Yuca Frita - Filet of beef on a bed of forest blend mushrooms and cascabel sauce, topped with nopal chimichurri, accompanied with Tajin yuca fries - paired with Gracias A Dios Reposado Mezcal
Looks like a great tequila lunch. This one especially, sans the mushrooms of course. I love, love, love yuca so now you have me craving that as well. Thanks :P

So that's what youve been holding back. A grasshopper. Blech

The rest of the meal looks really good, though.

It was what I was holding back! I agree Blech but it was so out of character for my husband that it must be highlighted! The meal was pretty good.

So between you and your husband you’ve already done more exercise and laundry than I’ve ever contemplated on vacation. :rotfl:I admire both! The early wake ups would get to me too, though. Interesting they were more relaxed on the cutting boards. It was like Fort Knox when I went...I think I had to show my AP and ID at least twice, possibly 3 times! But I’m glad they took it seriously and had enough for all to collect. If they hadn’t, I, sure some would abuse. :rolleyes: Looks like we had the same menu for the tequila lunch we did in Oct. I really enjoyed it. All the food was sooooo good. That welcome mezcal margarita was too smoky for me though. I was at a fun table in the back and either they didn’t count correctly or some people didn’t show because an entire table next to us was empty but the tequila was poured. So naturally we couldn’t let that go to waste (we did ask a server and got a wink and nod to “go for it.”). Overall, I really enjoyed this event and would do it again.

Aren't we the lamest vacationers? At least we drink a lot. I'm planning on doing laundry too on Marathon Weekend but that's because Shaun's running and those need to be cleaned before they go home. Too smelly otherwise!

They did get a lot more relaxed but it was the last couple days of festival so they probably realized they were being too harsh. Glad you had a fun table and extra tequila! Don't want to waste it! This was my third time at the event and its always enjoyable, especially for the price! Knowing the keep the menu the same means I won't book it more than once though unlike some other events out there.

My favorite kind of Disney night. Sadly with the close of the child care centers it will be a while before this is in our Disney cards.
There is always the in room baby sitting group you could try. While not the same and probably overpriced, its better than nothing! I feel for all the parents that lost their nights out because of those closures.

Oh this is one of my favorite things to eat in all of Disney. You are right though, they are a ton of food.
At least it was a good base before all the drinking. It was a smart choice for me to get that! I can see why it is one of your favorites!

This sounds delicious. I agree their menu seems flat, but I would be all over this.
It is a great place for drinks!

Wow, Wow, wow!!!!!!!!! What an amazing experience. Was it worth the price?
It was worth the price once. I'm not sure where else I would have been able to have that wine without paying out the wazoo for it. I'm happy to have tasted it once in my life! (or maybe again - it was only $250...).

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Its not every day that you can say you went from a hot dog to a $2000 bottle of wine
Aren't I super special? I totally love that I went from a hot dog to $2000 wine!

Its great how a little alcohol can make things better or of course it can make it worse too :P The rare arguments Jason and I have are usually alcohol induced :drinking1
It could make it worse but that isn't our personality. I get silly when I drink.

The caisson and ale both sound great, but you can keep that chocolate stout. I love chocolate, but not in my beer
My husband brought home 3 chocolate beers last night so I won't send them your way! I'm going to be trying the Smores one later tonight.

I have been jonseing for some Chinese food for a few days now and I would like to thank you for now moving me into full on craving. Must get today!!!
Hopefully you fulfilled that craving! We have a lack of good Chinese around here so I miss it sometimes.

He must have been very loose as based upon what you've written I would say this was a bit out of character. How was the grasshopper?
So true! It was so weird he was willing to do something like that. It was a shock to even me and I've known him for over 14 years! He said it was salty and crunchy. I'll trust him on that!

Looks like a great tequila lunch. This one especially, sans the mushrooms of course. I love, love, love yuca so now you have me craving that as well. Thanks :P
Well, the mushrooms were easily removed so I had that going for me!

Hope you had lots of good food today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!