“Halloween Cruise”

Mom24Princesses

DIS Veteran
For our work schedule we were looking at an October cruise. Not really interest in a Halloween Cruise. What is a Halloween Cruise? We don’t hate Halloween or anything. I don’t dress up. It’s not my thing.

For our work schedule we were looking at an October cruise. Not really interest in a Halloween Cruise. What is a Halloween Cruise? We don’t hate Halloween or anything. I don’t dress up. It’s not my thing.
One day on the cruise is designated as "Halloween on the High Seas". Halloween themed events, and shows. Costume contests. And there are some Halloween decorations around the ship (during the whole cruise). You can participate in as much of it as you wish, or not.

dream 2014 halloween 15074 P1020502 1500.jpg dream 2014 jack o lantern porthole 14118 P1020241 1500.jpg

It’s more a “join in if you want / ignore it if not interested” sort of thing. We booked an autumn cruise a couple years back and several months before the date we got a notice that it would be a Halloween cruise. We brought costumes and indulged, but plenty of people didn’t. I remember activities and some decorations specific to the theme (the tree was cute), but not many. My feeling is that it was neither a reason to avoid a cruise nor a reason to book one for us.
Think of it as a buffet with some added dishes that you can choose to eat, or not.

Just stay far away from the atrium on the day of trick-or-treating. Other than that you'll not notice it. October trips are wonderful.

We sailed The Fantasy last October for one and my grandkids loved it. But as @darnheather says, its crazy in the atrium during "the Halloween party". My husband and I just wore Disney Halloween T-shirts, no costumes for us.

Have fun!

I have done Halloween on the High Seas on the fantasy 4 years in a row. This year is the first year we decided to do something different. As everyone says - participate or don't, it is up to you and you can have as much fun with it as you want. DH doesn't participate; last year I decided to get dressed up. The atrium can get pretty busy for the Halloween party between the people dressed up and the characters. (below is a picture from 2015 before the character show started. ) hope it helps. But keep in mind, whenever they do a show or gathering in the atrium it can look like this, including formal night.

We like to sit at the Bon Voyage bar to watch. some of the costume you see are amazing. One year a large family came as the entire cast of Wizard of Oz. They had to bring 4 extra suit cases just for the costumes. And the little kids are so cute all dressed up doing their trick or treating.
upload_2018-5-26_11-25-53.jpeg

Thank you all. As I said - it is a work schedule thing and while I'd prefer a traditional Disney - Caribbean Cruise, I understand.

LOL - We've attended DragonCon in Atlanta a number of times just to people watch
Again -Thanks for the input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter