“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at all convinced any new show will be immediately available. Honestly, it's hard to imagine how that could be done. I expect if and when Illuminations goes down, there will be some down time. They may know what they're replacing it with, but installing it could take time, how long depends on what they're doing. I just wish they'd either release the dates or make an official announcement. The fact that they're allowing FP to be booked really doesn't mean anything. How many times have people had their FP cancelled due to changes they didn't announce months in advance. Happens all the time.

I dont think Disney would allow much downtime if any at all. They would surely have a plan in place for a quick transition. People pay to get into these parks and the fireworks are a big reason why.....

I dont think Disney would allow much downtime if any at all. They would surely have a plan in place for a quick transition. People pay to get into these parks and the fireworks are a big reason why.....

There has already been word out that the replacement is well on the way if not ready.

Wishes was killed one night and the replacement was on the next.

For me, since I'm a first timer at Disney, it doesn't matter to me as much which show I see. if it's still Illuminations, great. If it's something new, great! The appeal of the party, either way, is to get some nice desserts and save a FP+ on FEA and (insert evening show here).

For me, since I'm a first timer at Disney, it doesn't matter to me as much which show I see. if it's still Illuminations, great. If it's something new, great! The appeal of the party, either way, is to get some nice desserts and save a FP+ on FEA and (insert evening show here).

I hear ya....at this point I had to waste FAstPass on FEA just in case...

There has already been word out that the replacement is well on the way if not ready.

I didn't know that the Wishes and Happily Ever After transition happened so quickly. I find this all so fascinating. It's such a big undertaking for Disney to create, prepare, and launch a large show like this. I would love to see behind the scenes of all this works. As for FEA - I'm one of those people who really likes Frozen and who thinks FEA is wonderful, so I won't mind riding it twice - once with FP and once with the dessert party. So I'm not worried about my FP day. LOL. I just want to be able to book the party so I can stop checking the website every day.

Yeah it could be end of Illuminations as I've read this Spring that a new show is being fast tracked. I don't mind a change in the show itself but I think I will miss the soundtrack the most of all. I just love Promise We'll Go On and the music from the centennial celebration. I've heard they may keep the Illuminations title and also call it Windows to the World and that it may be IP heavy and more Disneyfied, that's the word I'm hearing anyway, connecting the new attractions that have come or are slated to come to WS. Frozen, Ratatouille, Mary Poppins, Coco and perhaps also Belle, Aladdin and Mulan to the show itself. To be honest with you, I'd prefer something not so much Disney myself. It is what it is, I guess...sigh. I've also heard there may be drones involved somehow and also reports that score and vocals have been recorded. Some insiders are refuting that stating that the new show will be coming no sooner than 2019 but you know Disney. Also rumored that ROL may be getting an overhaul in 2020.

Last edited:

True, but if they was any type of installation needed ( think like WOC or ROL) that would take some time. There have been rumors in concept art that there are fountains-but in the end, none of us have a clue. lol

Makes me no difference what show we see, would like to book this party for the reserved seating (hard to hold spots for shows/parades as a solo parent) and my little Elsa fan. Went ahead and got the FP for FEA too, as she just can’t have too much Elsa! Hoping parties continue and dates open soon for September!

Has anyone called about this party recently? I know a couple of people talked to CMs about it last week, I’m curious if anyone’s talked to anybody this week.

ImI sorry, I can't find it. Assuming everything stays status quo for the sake of this question. If IllumiNations has a 9:30 start time in late November, when would the party be typically scheduled to begin? 8? 8:30? 9? Thanks

would they ever offer this party on a Tuesday in October. It seems Tuesday are always blocked out?

would they ever offer this party on a Tuesday in October. It seems Tuesday are always blocked out?

Tuesdays are typically Epcot PM EMH nights, which is generally considered the reason you don’t see them on Tuesdays.

Although the party has been offered on at least one EMH night, to my knowledge, and Epcot PM EMHs will on rare occasion be another night of the week, so anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!