“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I am hoping the pattern of having it on Wednesdays really holds true for March since we are planning to book it March 21. But I have to book Fastpasses next week and may have to skip it if they change days after that.
I'm hoping for March 30th which is a Friday. It should work if their pattern continues from the previous months but I'm prepared to book for a different night if need be. I just hate that it's taking so long. Disney expects us to plan so far in advance but it's hard when things like this happen! My FP day is Jan 24th so I have a little time yet but it sure would be nice to have it secured.

Just jumping on the watch and wait bandwagon for early April. :surfweb: I am hoping for a Monday and those look iffy. Getting FEA out of the way as a FP is going to practically free up an entire park day for us so I am really hoping they release these dates before our upcoming FP day.

Just jumping on the watch and wait bandwagon for early April. :surfweb: I am hoping for a Monday and those look iffy. Getting FEA out of the way as a FP is going to practically free up an entire park day for us so I am really hoping they release these dates before our upcoming FP day.
They’re taking soooo long to open these dates! My FP day is next Wednesday so I’m really hoping they release dates soon!

At this point, I have to assume the event must be ending after February. Every other dessert party/dining event is available until at least the end of April and some longer than that - fireworks, tea, imagineers, EMM.

I am disappointed.

At this point, I have to assume the event must be ending after February. Every other dessert party/dining event is available until at least the end of April and some longer than that - fireworks, tea, imagineers, EMM.

I am disappointed.
I’m disappointed too, and annoyed. I wish they’d at least let people know if they’re discontinuing it so we can quit checking and holding up our plans. :sad2: My FP day is Wednesday so if it doesn’t open by then I’ll have to just book as if there’s not going to be a party. I’m hoping to be able to accommodate it if it opens late but once my days are set that might not be a possibility because we don’t have Park hoppers. So frustrating because I was able to book my HEA dessert party ages ago. I was so hoping this would be the same.

I have to assume the event must be ending after February. Every other dessert party/dining event is available until at least the end of April and some longer than that - fireworks, tea, imagineers, EMM.
Totally different department puts on the parties you mentioned. The department that puts on the FEA, SW and JBJB parties also puts on a bunch of other parties, special and private events property-wide every day. They put on thousands of parties every year, so due to staffing and budgetary concerns, scheduling any further out than they do is a challenge. The schedule is subject to other events that need to be fit into the schedule as well. MK has only a handful of parties to schedule and they can be put on a fixed schedule. They don't have hundreds of clients wanting to schedule a private party or event. Hope that clarifies things.
I could be wrong but I'd be very surprised if they discontinue this. FastPasser, any thoughts?
Why yes I do. Not only would I be surprised, I would be shocked.

Last edited:
Totally different department puts on the parties you mentioned. The department that puts on the FEA, SW and JBJB parties also puts on a bunch of other parties, special and private events property-wide every day. They put on thousands of parties every year, so due to staffing and budgetary concerns, scheduling any further out than they do is a challenge. The schedule is subject to other events that need to be fit into the schedule as well. MK has only a handful of parties to schedule and they can be put on a fixed schedule. They don't have hundreds of clients wanting to schedule a private party or event. Hope that clarifies things.
Why yes I do. Not only would I be surprised, I would be shocked.

Thanks for your input. When I emailed guest communications, the response was "we have no knowledge on when or if it will be offered after February"

When I emailed guest communications, the response was "we have no knowledge on when or if it will be offered after February"
If the schedule hasn't been released for publication, that's all they can really say. The party has usually sold out since it began and for it to not continue just wouldn't make sense. But it's Disney.

I am wondering if there are any potential refurbed to FEA that might be coming up? Seems like they would need to adjust the offering if that was happening and might also be a reason the schedule hadn't been set?

Again - still hoping for April...

I am wondering if there are any potential refurbed to FEA that might be coming up? Seems like they would need to adjust the offering if that was happening and might also be a reason the schedule hadn't been set?

Again - still hoping for April...
Not that it's a fool proof method to determine anything, the FP are still available for the next 60 days, which is beyond the current party dates. So that probably isn't it

I check for this multiple times every day and we are 7 weeks out from our March trip. While I appreciate that there may be different organizational forces at work I have to say it's frustrating for those of us waiting to add this to our itinerary --- especially since the offering days aren't really totally consistent month to month (yeah I know there are certain days where trends show it should be --- but it is not consistently offered the same days every week) and moving around ADR's at this point is not a sure thing.

Hopefully soon......

I check for this multiple times every day and we are 7 weeks out from our March trip. While I appreciate that there may be different organizational forces at work I have to say it's frustrating for those of us waiting to add this to our itinerary --- especially since the offering days aren't really totally consistent month to month (yeah I know there are certain days where trends show it should be --- but it is not consistently offered the same days every week) and moving around ADR's at this point is not a sure thing.

Hopefully soon......
I totally agree, it's so frustrating. I booked my FP this morning so my days are pretty much locked in. All I can do now is hope the party is available for our Epcot day.

I totally agree, it's so frustrating. I booked my FP this morning so my days are pretty much locked in. All I can do now is hope the party is available for our Epcot day.

This is literally the last piece of our plan we're waiting for. Hopefully they commit soon as at some point we'll just make plans around it.

I think the most frustrating part of this is I've been able to book most other Dessert Parties fairly early on... so it means we know how they fit in with our plans.... I've sent queries monthly since our 180 day window opened and exactly "zero" of them have provided more information "than keep watching" and NONE of them have explained that they're actually put on with a different group, who may (out of necessity) take longer to finalize booking. So it's basically left me as a customer in the lurch (it's listed on Disney dining as an option, but aside from reading on DIS that it's put on by a specialized group I would have no idea.) Where booking an event/option on the WDW Dining relies on me knowing something about Disney organizational units to understand whether/when it's bookable (or not) is not acceptable. Totally get that WDW would rather book the spot/staff for a higher return event --- but it still stinks for the rest of us.

and exactly "zero" of them have provided more information "than keep watching" and NONE of them have explained that they're actually put on with a different group, who may (out of necessity) take longer to finalize booking.
Your expectations as to what Disney should divulge may not be in line with what they normally do. The who and the why is not known by the average CM answering the phone. They're giving you whatever info is available to them, which is very basic stuff.
that it's put on by a specialized group I would have no idea.
I'm not sure I'd categorize it as a specialized group, it's the main group that puts on the vast majority of dessert parties, private and special events.

Not ever being a guest, I'm kinda surprised at how much consternation a 90 minute event can cause.

Your expectations as to what Disney should divulge may not be in line with what they normally do. The who and the why is not known by the average CM answering the phone. They're giving you whatever info is available to them, which is very basic stuff.
I'm not sure I'd categorize it as a specialized group, it's the main group that puts on the vast majority of dessert parties, private and special events.

Not ever being a guest, I'm kinda surprised at how much consternation a 90 minute event can cause.

Really... "consternation about a 90 minute event" --- then why even hold the darn thing ..... and you want to quibble about the term "specialized group" or "why The average CM doesn't know why" -- yeah apparently they're special when DHS can manage a Fantasmic and star Wars event, MK can manage multiple versions (plaza, tomorrowland, etc..) that are available for booking months before EPCOTs are. Again most other dessert parties aren't presented without this sort of last minute availability but hey... guess as a guest that shouldn't be questioned at all.

You think when ADRs are booked at 180 days and FP are booked at 60 days that customers shouldn't expect to know when dessert parties are being held? The drama of your last sentence is laughable ---- it shouldn't take an explanation of who is putting on a dining event to know that if you expect a guest to know where you want to eat at 6 months or rides you want to ride at 2 months --- that maybe dessert party availability should fall somewhere between the two... Get that you're close to this but really don't appreciate your response in any way, shape or form as it offers nothing but excuses....

I talk to people at work who don't use DIS and they wonder why these aren't available when they're supposedly sooooo.. popular. I don't even bother explaining anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter