“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did this party on 6/12. I would suggest that you get to the event by 8:00. We got there at 8:10 and we were one of the last groups to be seated. Even though we were assigned to Table 8, there were two other parties already at that table (2 couples and 2 kids in strollers) so there was no room for us. They had to set up a brand new table near the specialty desserts table (no where near as prime of a spot as Table 8). The staff felt bad (they really didn’t know how someone else had been seated at our original table). As disappointing as that was, the staff generously made up for it! It was a lovely event! I would definitely do this again (we also did the Toy Story Land EMM - we would not do that again).

Reactions: DLo
I wish you luck, but August is in the rainy season so the odds of it being moved inside will still be high.
We have gone in August a few times and most of the rain and storms were around the afternoon. So hopefully it will be outside for them.

We did this party on 6/12. I would suggest that you get to the event by 8:00. We got there at 8:10 and we were one of the last groups to be seated. Even though we were assigned to Table 8, there were two other parties already at that table (2 couples and 2 kids in strollers) so there was no room for us. They had to set up a brand new table near the specialty desserts table (no where near as prime of a spot as Table 8). The staff felt bad (they really didn’t know how someone else had been seated at our original table). As disappointing as that was, the staff generously made up for it! It was a lovely event! I would definitely do this again (we also did the Toy Story Land EMM - we would not do that again).

I wonder if the people just saw the empty table and moved over to it?

I wonder if the people just saw the empty table and moved over to it?
Some people have a lot of nerve and it does happen but it's more likely that the table assigner made a mistake and double booked the table. It's a manual process done on paper by a CM just before the party and mistakes do occur.

Upon checking, if the party leader had discovered that the people already seated at that table were at the wrong table, they would have been moved to the correct table.

We have gone in August a few times and most of the rain and storms were around the afternoon. So hopefully it will be outside for them.
It depends on how late it rains in the afternoon. It has to be clear by a certain time in order to begin the setup for the party. It takes hours before the start of the party to set up everything. Setup begins at about 6pm.

People would be amazed at the amount of equipment, supplies and staff required to put on the outdoor version of the party. Everything, and I mean everything, has to be brought from and returned to backstage.
This gives me hope!
Absolutely, it doesn't rain every night, just on many of nights.

Some people have a lot of nerve and it does happen but it's more likely that the table assigner made a mistake and double booked the table. It's a manual process done on paper by a CM just before the party and mistakes do occur.

Upon checking, if the party leader had discovered that the people already seated at that table were at the wrong table, they would have been moved to the correct table.
I think this is likely since they bent over backwards to make it right for us. We were a party of 3 so even if there was still room for us at the original table, it would have been tight (each of the two parties of two that were there had a stroller with them which took up a lot of space)

We were there the same night! We checked in right at 8PM and there were many people already seated. I am not sure what time they let them in.

We are a party of 2 and the greeter said we had table 1 AND 2. I thought that was odd since we are 2 and both tables would hold 8. I went back to the greeter and she said I could pick either table, so we took 2. A very nice couple sat with us about 5min later.

We were there the same night! We checked in right at 8PM and there were many people already seated. I am not sure what time they let them in.

We are a party of 2 and the greeter said we had table 1 AND 2. I thought that was odd since we are 2 and both tables would hold 8. I went back to the greeter and she said I could pick either table, so we took 2. A very nice couple sat with us about 5min later.
That’s interesting! Our original table and the table they put together for us only were big enough for 4/5 people. Our table’s View wasn’t great but we were mostly there for the desserts and FEA fastpasses. Haha!,

We are booked for August! I have never seen the Epcot fireworks in our last 3 trips for various reasons. So I booked this for my birthday. We all love desserts. But I just hope we have a decent view being a larger party of 6 with one in a wheelchair.

I am still sitting on one ticket for July 4 after three months of refreshing to try to get another one. When should I cut my losses and cancel it do you think?

I am still sitting on one ticket for July 4 after three months of refreshing to try to get another one. When should I cut my losses and cancel it do you think?

I'm pretty sure the latest you can cancel is 5 days out. So you might see if you can do it today without getting charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter