“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked this for our upcoming trip in April. I haven't seen Illuminations in YEARS and my hubby isn't the biggest fan of the nighttime shows. But my son is really starting to enjoy them, so he tolerates them. Hopefully the food and alcohol will make it enjoyable for him.
We did all three dessert parties on our last trip and, in our opinion, the food served at the FEA party was the best of them all. Great selection of desserts and savoury items and lots of drink choices with a terrific seated view of the show. Probably the most relaxed one as well with no moving around to watch the Illuminations - which is also one of the best shows to go for.

Probably the most relaxed one as well with no moving around to watch the Illuminations
That's how it's supposed to work, however during the rainy season there's a good probability that because of rain in the forecast the party will take place indoors at an alternate venue and that scenario requires that Guests be moved back to the original location in order to watch the show and back again to do the ride. On the positive side, the alternate indoor location is air conditioned which some Guests prefer.

This also occurs during the winter if it's expected to be too cold

I have been trying for about a month to book this party for early June. But the dates are only open through the end of May. I have also chatter with online help. And they have confirmed those dates have not been released. I know that Illuminations is coming to it's conclusion this summer and asked that question. But is has not been confirmed or denied.

Does anyone know if Disney is no longer accepting reservations for FEA?

Thanks

The expectation in the FEA party thread is that the party will keep running even after Illuminations ends, and I believe that isn’t until the end of summer. It’s pretty common for the special event tickets to go on sale randomly, so sometimes they’re bookable at 180 days and other times they’re just released a month beforehand.

Usually the big thread is floating around near the top here, but I had to dig to find it today: https://www.disboards.com/threads/“...wing-and-after-close-attraction-ride.3610900/

If you follow that thread people will almost certainly post when new dates become bookable, and you can enjoy waiting with others!

Pretty sure the dates just aren't out yet. Same is true for Star Wars fireworks party. Keep checking every so often.

I have been trying for about a month to book this party for early June. But the dates are only open through the end of May. I have also chatter with online help. And they have confirmed those dates have not been released. I know that Illuminations is coming to it's conclusion this summer and asked that question. But is has not been confirmed or denied.

Thanks

We waited on May for a few months and they were only released a few weeks ago. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when the dates get released but so far they always do eventually.

Thanks
For our trip last October, reservations opened 2 days before my 60 day window opened. It about drove me crazy waiting and there was lots of talk about the show closing as the reason for the dates not being posted. Turns out they were just slow posting dates. It was a nail biter though.

couple of questions we will be in disney 10/1 to 10/10 and would love to do this dessert party again. we did it in April 2018 and was the best dessert party we went to. this leads to my questions. when is Illuminations closing and being revamped and I know its far away but if Illuminations is still being shown even in an edited version will the dessert party still be available. thanks

couple of questions we will be in disney 10/1 to 10/10 and would love to do this dessert party again. we did it in April 2018 and was the best dessert party we went to. this leads to my questions. when is Illuminations closing and being revamped and I know its far away but if Illuminations is still being shown even in an edited version will the dessert party still be available. thanks

By October, the new interim “Epcot Forever” show will likely be playing. We don’t know if the dessert party will continue for the interim fireworks show, but my guess is there’s a high probability that it will. This is a popular event and Disney seems content to continue to offer it when the venue/personnel aren’t otherwise booked for events and such. My guess is it continues.

I have a reservation for 4 in March. Just found out today that granddaughter will be able to join us. That date is sold out, I can’t book a spot for her. I called Disney dining, they confirmed that it is sold out, but told me to keep checking. My question is this- if I should be lucky enough to find and secure a reservation for 1 for granddaughter online, then arrive at the podium with a reservation for 4 and a reservation for 1, would we be seated together? I asked Disney dining if I was able to secure a 1 person reservation online if it is possible for Disney dining to combine the two reservations I to one, she said that’s not possible. Her advice to me was to keep calling because there may be cancellations. I was on hold 30 minutes. It’s not really practical to keep calling. No other dates are available the week of our stay.

I have a reservation for 4 in March. Just found out today that granddaughter will be able to join us. That date is sold out, I can’t book a spot for her. I called Disney dining, they confirmed that it is sold out, but told me to keep checking. My question is this- if I should be lucky enough to find and secure a reservation for 1 for granddaughter online, then arrive at the podium with a reservation for 4 and a reservation for 1, would we be seated together? I asked Disney dining if I was able to secure a 1 person reservation online if it is possible for Disney dining to combine the two reservations I to one, she said that’s not possible. Her advice to me was to keep calling because there may be cancellations. I was on hold 30 minutes. It’s not really practical to keep calling. No other dates are available the week of our stay.
Seats are assigned before you get there, so outside of just being lucky, I doubt you’d be together. Better to search for a party of 5. It’s possible if you get there early they might sprinkle a little pixie dust, but I wouldn’t count on it. Don’t call, check availability online. Pay close attention to the last day to cancel, it might be your best chance.

I had a similar issue with EMM. Hubby came with us and date was sold out. Finally a spot opened up but I couldn’t add him. I had to call Disney Dining to have them modify the reservation. I was so nervous when I was on hold waiting for a CM, but it worked out. Obviously not the same event, but i believe they can add her to the reservation if a spot opens up

I have a reservation for 4 in March. Just found out today that granddaughter will be able to join us.
If you can get it straitened out beforehand, that's great, but if you can't, I'd go to the FEA dessert party check-in podium as soon as it's set up and explain the situation. Tables accommodate up to five Guests, so unless they've seated a person at your table, which is not that common, you're all set. They'll simply add your grand-daughter.
If they've pre-assigned a fifth person to your table, they will make every attempt to move that Guest to another table, subject to there being an open spot, and there usually is. My experience is that situations like this are resolved 99% of the time. The party staff will bend over backwards to make it work out.

We had two separate reservations (each for two people), so total of 4 people. CM on phone told me we could not combine reservations and that there was no assigned seating (she was wrong about seating). We checked in very early (as soon as allowed, sorry I don't remember the time) and we were all seated together without a problem. I also had to wait for someone to cancel for the second set of two people (had to book under daughter's MDE because the system wanted to cancel my first reservation).

People do cancel, so just keep checking. There is a one day cancellation I believe.

If we are a party of 6, how will they split us up or do they have some larger tables?
They do have a few larger tables and they may seat you there, but it all depends on the make of the parties on any given night. No matter what, the worst case scenario is that your entire party will be seated at two tables next to each other. How it's split up varies from night to night. I wouldn't be concerned.

I'm trying to get an adr for April. last year I was able to get an adr about a month in advance. is there a chance they will open more spots up later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter