“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how this dessert party will be affected once Illuminations is gone? I know Epcot will have a temporary show until the new one is in place, but I wonder if this dessert party will still be worth the ticket cost while the temporary show is running. We're not going until February 2020, so I know many things may change by then, but I was just trying to plan ahead (way ahead lol). Thanks!

Does anyone know how this dessert party will be affected once Illuminations is gone? I know Epcot will have a temporary show until the new one is in place, but I wonder if this dessert party will still be worth the ticket cost while the temporary show is running. We're not going until February 2020, so I know many things may change by then, but I was just trying to plan ahead (way ahead lol). Thanks!

I assume they will still run the Frozen dessert party with the temporary show. Who knows of course, but no reason I can see not to.

Unless the temp show turns out to be a horrific waste of time (I’m assuming not likely, but who knows), I think the dessert party will still have value.

For me, the beautiful setting, quality food/beverage, good views, and the post-show ride will likely have appeal no matter the show. Heck knows one doesn’t ‘need’ the party for a good Illuminations view, so the other attributes of the party make it appealing.

I assume they will still run the Frozen dessert party with the temporary show. Who knows of course, but no reason I can see not to.

Unless the temp show turns out to be a horrific waste of time (I’m assuming not likely, but who knows), I think the dessert party will still have value.

For me, the beautiful setting, quality food/beverage, good views, and the post-show ride will likely have appeal no matter the show. Heck knows one doesn’t ‘need’ the party for a good Illuminations view, so the other attributes of the party make it appealing.

Thanks! I'm thinking along similar lines. I was planning on taking my DD and making that her special birthday event for the trip (she loves Frozen).

Dates for this are not available for the summer yet. Is the usual schedule for this party every night except for Tuesdays?

I booked this for May 1st. When is the last day of illuminations?

No one knows. Disney has said end of summer but nothing definite. I’m watching it closely, we’re planning a quick trip just to see the last show and that’s one I definitely want reserved seating for.

No one knows. Disney has said end of summer but nothing definite. I’m watching it closely, we’re planning a quick trip just to see the last show and that’s one I definitely want reserved seating for.

I guess I will hold the reservation. I would only stick with the dessert party if it will be illuminations. It would be our last time seeing it before it parts.

I guess I will hold the reservation. I would only stick with the dessert party if it will be illuminations. It would be our last time seeing it before it parts.
I don’t think there’s much chance of Illuminations ending by your date. I have reservations for May 2, not the least bit concerned.

I could not have said it better myself. On our recent trip, my sisters and daughter and I did both this party and the Rivers of Light one. Unlike the Happily Ever After ones, where a good, relaxed view of the show is the primary motivator, we booked those two for the total experience. One can easily find a great “free” location to watch either Illuminations or Rivers of Light. But the food (yes, we made both into our “dinner”!), drink (sipping a glass of wine on a lovely evening by the water), overall “VIP” feeling, and relaxed, comfortable view of a wonderful night time show were worth every penny. The cast members at these parties are always terrific — so friendly, relaxed, and helpful with anything you ask. I imagine (and maybe @FastPasser. Could confirm) that this duty, while still “work”, would be one of the more enjoyable ways to spend a few hours, especially compared to other crowd control positions!

I imagine (and maybe @FastPasser. Could confirm) that this duty, while still “work”, would be one of the more enjoyable ways to spend a few hours, especially compared to other crowd control positions!
Actually it was too relaxing and many CMs shy away from working the FEA parties for that reason. I was able to choose what events I wanted to work and I always picked events that included a lot of Guest contact or physical activity. I even volunteered to do crowd control at MK a few times.

Once everyone is seated at the FEA party, non-server CMs are standing around holding a light saber. I usually did the FEA party when I knew I was going to meet someone. I preferred the SW party and could be found there on a regular basis. We were always doing something.

I’m booked for FEA again in May. I had reserved the R&C dining pkg, but after seeing a review of it, I cancelled and moved to FEA. Hoping for nice weather and a working ride!

Just booked this for our upcoming trip in April. I haven't seen Illuminations in YEARS and my hubby isn't the biggest fan of the nighttime shows. But my son is really starting to enjoy them, so he tolerates them. Hopefully the food and alcohol will make it enjoyable for him.

Does anyone have a picture of what they bring for gluten free guests? Just curious.
Some of the regular dessert offerings are gluten free as well. The Chef at the party will point them out and they'll also give you the gluten free desserts during the explanation. I guess they're ok, but having seen them, and not being gluten intolerant, I was not impressed.

Some of the regular dessert offerings are gluten free as well. The Chef at the party will point them out and they'll also give you the gluten free desserts during the explanation. I guess they're ok, but having seen them, and not being gluten intolerant, I was not impressed.

Thanks! You sound like my hubby. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter