“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few minutes after we sat down, a cast member came to our table to ask us if we were willing to be the "family of the night", to lead the group to the Frozen ride after the party. Oh, my, we had fun with that! Picture 3 middle-aged women and a 27 year old wielding light wands and saying, in unison, "Guards, open the gates!" at the ride. A magical memory for sure...so many laughs!
I can absolutely picture that. Wish I had been there.

Just booked for April. I was really on the fence, but decided it would be nice to see it before it’s gone. Plus Frozen without the spring break crowd will be nice since our fp will be test track.

Just a random thought. In 2018, we did this event (twice), the JBJB dessert party, and the various MK dessert parties. The hands down winner for us is the Frozen party. Between the setting, the food, the vibe, the show, and the ride, it’s an all around good value for our particular preferences, in my opinion.

Not sure why that came to mind, just something I’ve been thinking after looking back at various experiences last year.

Star Wars Dessert party was much better IMO. You can easily get a great viewing spot for this elsewhere. Also, Frozen is not hard to get a fastpass for or to hit at park opening. Save your money.

Star Wars Dessert party was much better IMO.
The SW show and dessert party doesn't appeal to a lot of Guests and which party is better is subjective. People do the various parties for different reasons. Some do it for the convenience of watching the show. Some do it for the food. Some do it because they are SW or Frozen fan and some do it because of the overall party experience.
You can easily get a great viewing spot for this elsewhere.
You can easily find a spot for the SW show as well.
Also, Frozen is not hard to get a fastpass for or to hit at park opening.
Not necessarily, a lot depends on the time of the year and whether someone has a 60, 30 or even a 7 day FP window.
Save your money.
If someone wants to really save money, skip both parties.

The SW show and dessert party doesn't appeal to a lot of Guests and which party is better is subjective.

yeah. And my subjective point of view is you don't need to spend the money. Proper planning can save you a lot of money especially for a bigger group. If you can get on Frozen, which is easy to do with proper planning, you don't need to spend the money on this.

yeah. And my subjective point of view is you don't need to spend the money. Proper planning can save you a lot of money especially for a bigger group. If you can get on Frozen, which is easy to do with proper planning, you don't need to spend the money on this.
Thank you for your opinion.
My opinion is that you don't have to spend money on Disney in general, but we like Disney. No one NEEDS to spend money on dessert parties but some still do.

I'm excited to try this party so I can determine if it is worth the price for myself.

Thank you for your opinion.
My opinion is that you don't have to spend money on Disney in general, but we like Disney. No one NEEDS to spend money on dessert parties but some still do.

I'm excited to try this party so I can determine if it is worth the price for myself.

I gave my opinion, as I have done all the dessert parties at Disney World, and people can take it for what it's worth. Disney is expensive enough as it is.

Coming after my comment to validate your own opinion is really unnecessary.

Based on your Avatar, I think you'll enjoy it. I always did. When are you going?
Star Wars Dessert party was much better IMO.
Glad you enjoyed it. It was always fun being there. When did you go?

Of course, I'm not going to select one over the other as to whether they are worth it or not, or which one is better because they both have elements that appeal to certain people and don't to others.

Based on your Avatar, I think you'll enjoy it. I always did.
Glad you enjoyed it. It was always fun being there.

Of course, I'm not going to select one over the other as to whether they are worth it or not, or which one is better because they both have elements that appeal to certain people and don't to others.
Haha, what about my avatar gives it away? :p I'm going to wear my Elsa earband and everything! :goodvibes

One thing that I heard over and over was "I wish I hadn't just eaten dinner". There are some savory items at all the dessert parties. I suggest a late lunch.

Yes - we have done the party twice and the first time we had a late lunch at Via Napoli and wished we had eaten much lighter.

Booked again for March as part of my dd's college graduation family trip, can't wait!

:wave2:

If anyone would like a reminder of DISBoard posting guidelines and our infraction system, you can find them here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

Put simply, the DIS (and the TPAS forum in particular) is a place to discuss Disney theme parks and their various attractions/offerings in a respectful manner. We certainly don’t have to agree on everything, but we can discuss offerings without it getting personal. Posts that are overly argumentative or attacking of others have and will be removed, and can be subject to infraction points.

Thank you.

I was just coming to see if this is still happening. We are trying to decide what party to do this weekend. I wanted to do RoL again (it's my overwhelming favorite party) but looks like the temps are not going to be conducive to standing around outside at night on our AK day. Based on the food/beverage offerings this is in my #2 spot

Star Wars Dessert party was much better IMO. You can easily get a great viewing spot for this elsewhere. Also, Frozen is not hard to get a fastpass for or to hit at park opening. Save your money.

Considering the view you get with the SW party it's the worse of the bunch and you don't need to spend money to see the show. You pay for a bad view? Great party, horrible view. I don't get it at all. That's the one you save your money on, get a better view and grab your own drinks/desserts. It's a shame too, because I love the party but have been so disappointed in the view I'm not sure I want to do it again, unless they move it

I wanted to do RoL again (it's my overwhelming favorite party)
Now that's something I don't hear too often.
but looks like the temps are not going to be conducive to standing around outside at night on our AK day.
Sounds like you're going Sun night? Can you do a different night?
I was just coming to see if this is still happening. We are trying to decide what party to do this weekend.
Are you here again? You need to move closer. Anyway, it's still happening.
It's a shame too, because I love the party but have been so disappointed in the view I'm not sure I want to do it again, unless they move it
I'm not that crazy about the view and still don't know why they changed the location, not that I watched the show. As for changing it back, I doubt it. DHS management has been one big PIA regarding what Park Event Ops can and cannot do.

I'll be at Epcot tonight, as a Guest, boy, I don't like the sound of that, and at DHS tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Now that's something I don't hear too often.
Sounds like you're going Sun night? Can you do a different night?
Are you here again? You need to move closer. Anyway, it's still happening.
I'm not that crazy about the view and still don't know why they changed the location, not that I watched the show. As for changing it back, I doubt it. DHS management has been one big PIA regarding what Park Event Ops can and cannot do.

I'll be at Epcot tonight, as a Guest, boy, I don't like the sound of that, and at DHS tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for you.

LOL.. Yeah, I get that few like RoL but the desserts! They are simply divine and really too cute to eat. And it has the best alcohol options of any
I'm heading down bright and early in the morning with a girlfriend. My first trip without DH, DD, or someone in the family. She and I are both VERY excited.
And yeah, I can do a different night but looking at the weather the only night we'll have where it will be good is Saturday night.
However, we can't do anything if we aren't able to get in a nap. Our flight leaves at 5:30 AM, which means boarding at 5:00 AM! And we fly home on Tuesday, so just a short trip. So we'll just see what happens with a room and naps and decide later what we can do
I figured they'll never change the location at HS, which is why I don't know when we'll do one of their dessert parties again.

My sisters and daughter and I did the party on Friday, and loved it!

We spent most of the day at AK, then went for a swim at our resort before heading to Epcot about 6:45. We had a Soarin’ FP I had grabbed earlier in the afternoon, after using our AK ones. Then after scanning at Soarin, I was able to grab a Character Spot FP, so we just had to get a pic with Mickey!

That means we arrived about 8:10. We were greeted warmly and shown to our reserved table, #13, right on the water, close to the drink station — perfect spot!

We made the party our dinner, and we’re glad we did. Loved the cheese fondue and fresh fruit, and the desserts and drinks were great, too. I stuck to a couple glasses of Pinot Grigio, since I was running the half marathon the next morning, but my daughter said the specialty drinks were great.

A few minutes after we sat down, a cast member came to our table to ask us if we were willing to be the "family of the night", to lead the group to the Frozen ride after the party. Oh, my, we had fun with that! Picture 3 middle-aged women and a 27 year old wielding light wands and saying, in unison, "Guards, open the gates!" at the ride. A magical memory for sure...so many laughs!

Definitely worth every penny!
I was there the night before. and I loved the cheese fondue too. I was there with two other ladies who have done the party boat and the two MK ones and this one is by far their favorite party. I think we will do it again in May.

I have started to re-follow this thread after about a year or so absence as we are coming back to WDW! I was trying to decide between the FEA and SW dessert parties and was interested in this comment. If it’s not too much trouble, could you please tell me how/when they changed the location for the SW party fireworks viewing? I’m guessing it’s probably over on the SW party thread but I’m not sure how easy that info would be to find. I may go with the FAE party assuming it is offered for my travel dates if the location of the SW party viewing location is not ideal. TIA!

PS - I see that you added a picture to your avatar! I’m not sure when you did that as I haven’t been on here in a while but I’m wondering if you get more people approaching you at the parties now that they know what you look like :)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!