“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's up with dates for next year not being up yet? I know they don't work on the rest of WDW dining policy, but it's two weeks to November and January isn't up yet.

One of our kids (9) is "too cool" for Frozen but our other loves it. I like the idea of viewing spot and not using a FP for the ride, since we are going over Spring Break. What do you think? Will this event and ride be considered "lame"?
Not at all. Maybe have him/her look at some video reviews of the dessert party. Yes it is frozen themed but its not like he/she has to do anything more than eat desserts and watch fireworks. And if they don't want to do the ride they can sit and wait for everyone else. Heck if my 12 yo twin boys can joyfully meet tigger and pooh for the sake of their little sister, certainly he/she can sit and eat desserts and watch fireworks. If that truly is his/her attitude then i think there needs to be a discussion about doing things for the sake of others and not complaining.

I think at WDW the concern about what others think goes out the window. Do any of us judge adults that we see getting excited to hug Mickey? It is definitely a different world when you are at WDW.

Yes, I am also (impatiently) waiting for the January dates to release. I would really like for us to attend and I'm hoping it will be available on our date or I will have a *whole* lot of rearranging to do to make it work.

Managed to snag tickets pretty soon after they dropped for December and worried that maybe it wasn't worth it. but we completely lucked out that there is a party day on my niece's actual birthday like we'd hoped so we couldn't not go. luckily reading through this thread there's a lot more pros than cons and it seems like most folks have a great time. Plus, Anna and Elsa are the kid's most favorite characters so we think she's going to be pretty excited about the ride afterward!! We're getting more excited every day and hope that she loves it as much as we think she will. Definitely the best birthday present ever in our opinion :love:

Any predictions on whether this will be offered April 22 (Easter Monday)? Or the rest of that week? Others have suggested that EMM won't be offered that week due to potential early park opening hours at HS/MK but hopefully this is a different story...

have a question -

How big are the tables where you sit and eat? How many people are able to sit on 1 table? is it max of 4, 5, 6 or 10?

enhance

Thanks. That seat map is what I was looking for.

during winter months when party is in doors, I’m assuming there is no outdoor seating?? Or do they still have tables outside to watch show?

Thanks. That seat map is what I was looking for.

during winter months when party is in doors, I’m assuming there is no outdoor seating?? Or do they still have tables outside to watch show?
Perhaps a better chance of outdoor seating in the winter because of the milder weather and lack of afternoon/evening thunderstorms. But then what do I know - I’m from Oregon. :)

You can stay at your table to watch the show.
Perhaps a better chance of outdoor seating in the winter because of the milder weather and lack of afternoon/evening thunderstorms.
That's correct, however they will move the party indoors if it's too cold and then bring Guests to the original party venue for viewing the show. It does happen.

Reactions: CJN
@FastPasser. , do you know how low the temp has to be to cause the party to be moved indoors? If so, would you mind sharing that info with us?
IIRC, which I may not be, I think it's 50 degrees. However, it's not just the temperature, it's the feels like temperature. It's up to the Leader on duty to decide. I know that a few party nights hit the minimum temperature, but they stayed outdoors anyway.

IIRC, which I may not be, I think it's 50 degrees. However, it's not just the temperature, it's the feels like temperature. It's up to the Leader on duty to decide. I know that a few party nights hit the minimum temperature, but they stayed outdoors anyway.

Thanks so much! No worries if the numbers aren't exact. At least this gives me a general idea of what to expect. I appreciate your help.

Me too! I really hope they have it on our dates!
me three! I have a few possible dates since we are planning to see Illuminations about 4 times on our trip (it's our favorite nighttime show and our last chance) but I really want to do it our final night. Hoping.

Just back from our trip and we went to the party on Oct 18th. We had a great time and thought it was worth the money spent. When we arrived there was a huge line waiting to go in and that was slightly off putting since they told us that the tables were pre-assigned when we checked in. I was thinking great another line at Disney. Once we got in one of the Hostesses Roody (hope I spelled it right) was very nice to show us to our table. Only problem it was occupied by more people then was suppose to be there. She took us back to the check in and the person telling everyone where to sit told us we would have to wait until they got everyone in to see where to put us. This again didn't make me too thrilled since we were losing time to relax and grab some treats. Once everything was squared away and a manager took us over to table 19 which was a table left over and when we got there we noticed a huge pillar in our way. We asked if it was going to obstruct our view and they said it wouldn't.

We got our treats which was really good. I especially like the Olaf dessert which was frozen custard with cake and chocolate sauce. I also got some fruit that was really good. They gave us our 3D glasses which was really cool to watch for the first few minutes. The show was great but I do feel we had an obstructed view from our seat but know we could have got up to watch if we wanted to but honestly I only got this to pay for the seat so I was enjoying the seat. After a great show they had us wait for the area to clear out a bit and then they took us over to the ride.

Overall I really enjoyed the desserts and the show but was a little irritated with the table problem and the obstructed view. I would recommend this to people though because I really like the exclusive feel of it.

Sidenote: Please understand you will be placed with other people at a table if your a small party. One person was going off on the manager because two people were seated at her table with her family. What an awkward feeling for those two people.

Can you get up and stand to watch the show? You don't need to stay at your table do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter