“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this isn't a question we should be asking here but are we able to tip the party host?
The tip is included, but it's just for the servers. The other CMs at the parties do not share in those tips and cannot accept tips.

One of our kids (9) is "too cool" for Frozen but our other loves it. I like the idea of viewing spot and not using a FP for the ride, since we are going over Spring Break. What do you think? Will this event and ride be considered "lame"?

Well former "Frozen" and "Sparkling" dessert party goers, yup, been doing dessert parties a long time, it's been great meeting many, many of you face to face. Last night was my last dessert party and I chose to spend the last week doing dessert parties by the WS Lagoon and at the Launch Bay. Unfortunately for you, I'm retired from Disney but not from here.

Ah Fastpasser, we have done both Sparkling Dessert Parties and FEA parties( and will be there on Thursday though might be inside judging by the forecast)
I was never brave enough to ask if you were there on the occasions we attended, being a shy Brit, but look forward to your continuing valuable contributions on the forums!

One of our kids (9) is "too cool" for Frozen but our other loves it. I like the idea of viewing spot and not using a FP for the ride, since we are going over Spring Break. What do you think? Will this event and ride be considered "lame"?

I'd tell your 9 year old to suck up and deal with riding the ride for 5 minutes. No way I'd let one of my kids miss out on something because the other was acting like a spoiled poop at Disney. What you're mainly paying for is the dessert party and preferred viewing, I think the ride is a bonus... but i'd not miss out on it because one of my kids was "too cool" for it. I would not drag my child on a thrill ride they were terrified of but a dark ride they don't love, they can cope for the length of the ride. If they complain that the whole event is lame because they had to endure the ride then you've got bigger problems ;)

Well former "Frozen" and "Sparkling" dessert party goers, yup, been doing dessert parties a long time, it's been great meeting many, many of you face to face. Last night was my last dessert party and I chose to spend the last week doing dessert parties by the WS Lagoon and at the Launch Bay. Unfortunately for you, I'm retired from Disney but not from here.

My family and I wish you much joy in your retirement, Fastpasser! We wish we could have been there last night to see you off. Thank you so much for all the kindness, help, and magical moments you've extended to guests over the years. You - and others like you - play a big role in making these trips so memorable. WDW and its guests were lucky to have you!

P.S. I'm so glad you're sticking around the boards.

I’ve been doing a bit of research, but I can’t find the answer. There don’t seem to be any dates available in January. Are they sold out already? Or are they discontinuing this dessert party? My DD would love it!

Also - it looks like in December there are lots of dates. Any hope for a Monday night in late January? I was hoping to not have to switch my days all around.

I have a 12/1 reservation that I am going to cancel for 3 people. I am happy to coordinate if anyone is interested.

There don’t seem to be any dates available in January. Are they sold out already? Or are they discontinuing this dessert party? My DD would love it!
Jan dates are not out yet so no chance that they're sold out and they are not discontinuing the party. It'll be around during the current Illuminations show and will be available during the new show as well.

Congratulations on your retirement! Well earned, but a loss for Disney for sure. One of the most magical CMs I've ever run across and definitely part of our magic DIS group meet back in December 2016 at the JBJB fireworks party! You can't work forever though I guess but we'll miss the chance to see you at the frozen party, I was hoping it would be on a date that would work on our last trip and now waiting for January to open up but you won't be there! I'm sure you're leaving the party in great hands though!

Jan dates are not out yet so no chance that they're sold out and they are not discontinuing the party. It'll be around during the current Illuminations show and will be available during the new show as well.

Any idea when they are going to release the January dates?

Congratulations on your retirement!

Any idea when they are going to release the January dates?
it seems no one has any idea. even the people who are responsible for setting the dates have no idea when Disney will see fit to release them - the last round that person told someone on this board they were set and they would be up soon and it still took a very long time.

I think this party is much more complicated than the others scheduling-wise because the dates are set by the other events going on in Epcot and not on a regular schedule.

I am waiting for January as well.

The reservation says "8pm". Would 8:15pm, 8:20pm, 8:25pm be ok?
Yes, it's ok, it's up to you, you're paying for it. The party is only an hour long and most Guests maximize their time by showing up when the party starts which is usually 15 minutes before the advertised start time.
I understand that tables are assigned. What determines your table? When you reserved? When you show up? Something else?
Something else, it's out of your control. Some table locations are better than others, but there are no bad tables.

Hi Everyone - I know this has been asked before so I am sorry for repeating a question, but if you have two reservations (group of 11, one booked for a party of 6 and one for a party of 5) when and who would I let know that we would like to be seated near each other if possible? Do I just wait until that day of the party? I called in and spoke with a cast member who said they can't make notes on the reservation so am unsure how we go about seeing if we sit together!

if you have two reservations (group of 11, one booked for a party of 6 and one for a party of 5) when and who would I let know that we would like to be seated near each other if possible? Do I just wait until that day of the party? I called in and spoke with a cast member who said they can't make notes on the reservation so am unsure how we go about seeing if we sit together!
The best way was to have it noted when you originally made the Rez. Seeing that that ship has sailed, and I don't know if the CM was correct in telling you that they can't make a note afterwards, I would give it another try just to make sure.

If that doesn't work, I suggest that you go to the party venue about 45 minutes before the advertised start time. At the venue, if the check in podium is staffed or just talk any CM wearing a blue and white stripped shirt with khaki pants or better yet, one wearing a solid blue shirt. Tell them what you'd like done.

The last resort is to do it at check in but that can get a little messy for the Leader in charge, but they'll still try to accommodate you. You're not the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter