“Can I ride millennium falcon smugglers run?”

SammaJamma2019

Earning My Ears
Hello disboards!

This is my first post and I’m happy to be here! I love watching the disunplugged and I hear so much of the great dis community and I really hope some of you can help me! :)

I really want to plan a trip this fall to WDW and am trying to convince my family to go at the end of September. My dad is 6’2 and currently weighs around 400 lbs and he’s doesn’t want to go to Disney until he loses weight cause he’s worried he’s not going to fit on any of the new rides.
I told him planning a trip is a great way to set a goal to lose weight before we go and that Disney rides are also very friendly in this area and he shouldn’t have too much of a problem.
But now that it’s been open for a little bit, I was wondering if anyone has some info from the DL version of smugglers run?? Do you think the ride design will be too hard for him or will he be okay? I wonder the same about the avatar flight of passage but mostly concerned about SWGE.

I would appreciate any info so much! I really want to help the whole fam get to WDW this year! :-)

Hello disboards!

This is my first post and I’m happy to be here! I love watching the disunplugged and I hear so much of the great dis community and I really hope some of you can help me! :)

I really want to plan a trip this fall to WDW and am trying to convince my family to go at the end of September. My dad is 6’2 and currently weighs around 400 lbs and he’s doesn’t want to go to Disney until he loses weight cause he’s worried he’s not going to fit on any of the new rides.
I told him planning a trip is a great way to set a goal to lose weight before we go and that Disney rides are also very friendly in this area and he shouldn’t have too much of a problem.
But now that it’s been open for a little bit, I was wondering if anyone has some info from the DL version of smugglers run?? Do you think the ride design will be too hard for him or will he be okay? I wonder the same about the avatar flight of passage but mostly concerned about SWGE.

I would appreciate any info so much! I really want to help the whole fam get to WDW this year! :-)
I could see some potential for concern for Flight of Passage but millennium falcon smugglers run is just sitting in a seat like a car with a seatbelt across the waist so he shouldn’t have any issue with that one.

Oh okay! That’s great! And seatbelt extenders just in case? Good to know, Thank you so much! Now i just have to figure out flight of passage.. ;)

Oh okay! That’s great! And seatbelt extenders just in case? Good to know, Thank you so much! Now i just have to figure out flight of passage.. ;)
Flight of Passage totally depends on how you carry your weight. We have some members of our friends and family circle who were not able to ride. For some, it was leg issues. Larger calves seem to be a problem, especially if your legs are also long so there isn’t a lot of wiggle room to get the restraints to fit. I recommend trying the sample seat to see if he’s close, and if so, try the ride itself. Sometimes it’s very obvious when trying the sample seat that it’s not going to work, but if it’s close, most times it will work on the actual ride. We all tried the sample seat, so as not to single out the members of our group most likely not to fit.

I have seen photos of the Smuggler seats, and there are no arms or anything that would cause the seat to be too narrow. We are hopeful that everyone in our group will be able to enjoy the ride, unlike FoP and 7DMT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter