“After” Keys to the Kingdom

jump00

DIS Veteran
Hello Disney experts I need your guidance. Hoping to get the Keys to the Kingdom tour in August. (Spending 10 days at Universal)
First question - since I’m not staying at a Disney hotel can I book an 8 am tour (do they let us in Early?
2. What is the best option after the tour - stay in Magic Kingdom or visit HS or Epcot? We would love to try some of the newer rides.
3. Should we get Genie + or just purchases ILL ( I know we would only get 2)
4. Are we crazy wanting to park Hop??? The “mind is willing” hopefully our legs will follow :)

Thanks for any advice!
Brenda :flower:

Hello Disney experts I need your guidance. Hoping to get the Keys to the Kingdom tour in August. (Spending 10 days at Universal)
First question - since I’m not staying at a Disney hotel can I book an 8 am tour (do they let us in Early?
2. What is the best option after the tour - stay in Magic Kingdom or visit HS or Epcot? We would love to try some of the newer rides.
4. Are we crazy wanting to park Hop??? The “mind is willing” hopefully our legs will follow :)

Thanks for any advice!
Seems like it's been a while, but I can answer your questions.

1. Yes, they will let you into the park early.
2. If it's your only day, I would hop, but come back to MK at night for fireworks and buy a late-night ILL for TRON to get the nighttime experience. An 8 AM time will have the tour end around 1, so you can hang out in MK for a bit or wait outside your next park if you are hopping.
3. Again, if only one day, get Genie +. Stack for either MK after 1 or your next park after 2, and buy an ILL for TRON if leaving (if not just do the VQ at one, they will stop and give you time to get the queue as long as you aren't backstage at the time.
4. No, not at all!

Just curious, what are the plans for Universal? We love it there but 10 days may be tough to fill for Us. Although we think the hotels there are nicer and a much better way to spend non park days then doing it at WDW.

Thanks for any advice!
Keys to the Kingdom is a lot of walking, most of it outside. When we did it a few years ago at the end of September (two 40-year-olds in pretty good shape) we were completely wiped out. It was a very hot day, but we skipped the fast passes we had after for 7DMT and a few other rides to head back to the hotel pool.

If i were making a plan for after the tour, it would include a few air-conditioned breaks at a minimum.

Keys to the Kingdom is a lot of walking, most of it outside. When we did it a few years ago at the end of September (two 40-year-olds in pretty good shape) we were completely wiped out. It was a very hot day, but we skipped the fast passes we had after for 7DMT and a few other rides to head back to the hotel pool.

If i were making a plan for after the tour, it would include a few air-conditioned breaks at a minimum.
Thanks for the heads up! Good advice:flower:
Brenda

Seems like it's been a while, but I can answer your questions.

1. Yes, they will let you into the park early.
2. If it's your only day, I would hop, but come back to MK at night for fireworks and buy a late-night ILL for TRON to get the nighttime experience. An 8 AM time will have the tour end around 1, so you can hang out in MK for a bit or wait outside your next park if you are hopping.
3. Again, if only one day, get Genie +. Stack for either MK after 1 or your next park after 2, and buy an ILL for TRON if leaving (if not just do the VQ at one, they will stop and give you time to get the queue as long as you aren't backstage at the time.
4. No, not at all!
Thank you for answering my questions - much appreciated :flower:
We are actually are going in July….spending another week at Universal! (Found a great deal). I ended up booking the 9 am tour since I was worried about getting in early. I am hoping our Uber can drop us off at the CR and we can walk over at 8:30 am. Got all our tickets but decided not to park hop……..but we may change our mind ????

Thank you for answering my questions - much appreciated :flower:
We are actually are going in July….spending another week at Universal! (Found a great deal). I ended up booking the 9 am tour since I was worried about getting in early. I am hoping our Uber can drop us off at the CR and we can walk over at 8:30 am. Got all our tickets but decided not to park hop……..but we may change our mind ????
Your tideshare will not be allowed to drop you off anywhere other than TTC so you will need to allow time to get to MK from the TTC. 9AM will be an extremely busy time getting to the MK so TTC will be very busy. Personally I would not arrive at TTC any later than 8AM for a 9AM tour.

Just curious, what are the plans for Universal? We love it there but 10 days may be tough to fill for Us. Although we think the hotels there are nicer and a much better way to spend non park days then doing it at WDW.
Thanks for your question.:flower3: We love staying at Royal Pacific Resort club level with “front of the line“ access for our length of stay. Having an Express pass allows us to take our time. We also have dinner at our favourite Disney resorts ( ex. California Grill and AKL restaurants) We love Disney Springs as well. We are also going to Universal (staying at Sapphire Falls) in July For a week. Although we won’t have the wonderful “Express” passes with this hotel, we do get early entry. It’s fun to try a new resort!
We just found out that for our trip in August there will be launch from KSC so we will go see that!!!!
Brenda:flower1:

Your tideshare will not be allowed to drop you off anywhere other than TTC so you will need to allow time to get to MK from the TTC. 9AM will be an extremely busy time getting to the MK so TTC will be very busy. Personally I would not arrive at TTC any later than 8AM for a 9AM tour.
Could we plan on having breakfast at CR? Then walk over?

If you are going to a dining reservation then yes you could walk over from CR. It will add additional time to allow time for dining before you start the walk to MK. A huge challenge will be booking an early ADR this close to your travel dates as those book 60 days in advance.

If you are going to a dining reservation then yes you could walk over from CR. It will add additional time to allow time for dining before you start the walk to MK. A huge challenge will be booking an early ADR this close to your travel dates as those book 60 days in advance.
I agree- so we will just get dropped off at TTC early like you suggested!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter