‘Ohana timing; what would you do?

Peppermint Ice

Mouseketeer
You have an ADR for 2 at 3:50pm at ‘Ohana(It is on a Wednesday that Disney labeled “value” in their park ticket pricing, so you are assuming lower crowds that day. MK has EMH from 9-11 that night, and you will be heading there afterward by Monorail). Would you rather keep the 3:50 time, or try to modify to 5:00 or 6:00? Why?

personally, i don’t think one or two extra afternoon hours in the park makes much of a difference. i’d stick with the earlier time and plan on returning to the park after you eat.

edit: especially assuming you’re two adults who would enjoy closing out the park.

What is your concern? The time frame that you will have between eating dinner and closing out the park? I guess it depends on your game plan for what you pack in after dinner. If you think you can another 6-7 hours in the park after dinner then it's fine. If not, then a later time might be better for you. In terms of food, you could always "survive" through snacks.

I’ve been trying to move the reservation to 5pm for a long time so that we can have an afternoon break at our resort(AKL)before dinner. I’m wondering now if keeping the 3:50 might be good for quicker seating, fresher food, or ease of transportation since we rely on Disney transportation. I’ve not been to ‘Ohana for 7 years, and don’t have experience with taking the monorail to resorts. There might be other factors that I haven’t thought of yet, too. I’m just hoping that someone says something that helps me to decide. No biggie either way, but I’m a detail planner-type.

personally, i don’t think one or two extra afternoon hours in the park makes much of a difference. i’d stick with the earlier time and plan on returning to the park after you eat.

edit: especially assuming you’re two adults who would enjoy closing out the park.
We are two adults with baby bedtimes, lol, but we are hoping to see MK in the dark this time.

Keep the earlier time - Ohana tends to run behind as night goes on, sometimes waiting 30 min to an hour past ADR time, so eating at the beginning of dinner is better bet. Then you can plan FPs(or 4th,etc. if you will be in MK or other park earlier) starting around 5:30 and have the rest of the night to rides and see fireworks at your own pace.

I would eat early and then get a "digestif" cocktail at Tambu or Trader Sam's to help, well, digestion. It's a lot of food and you might want to relax a bit before heading to the park! :)

Keep the time, that way youll be back at the park while everyone else is headed for dinner..lines and crowds will be shorter. Also a 5 - 6pm time could turn into 6 - 7pm. They are always running behind at dinner time. Youll be seated right way at 4pm.

Keep the time, that way youll be back at the park while everyone else is headed for dinner..lines and crowds will be shorter. Also a 5 - 6pm time could turn into 6 - 7pm. They are always running behind at dinner time. Youll be seated right way at 4pm.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will leave the reservation at 3:50.

What is your concern? The time frame that you will have between eating dinner and closing out the park? I guess it depends on your game plan for what you pack in after dinner. If you think you can another 6-7 hours in the park after dinner then it's fine. If not, then a later time might be better for you. In terms of food, you could always "survive" through snacks.

I thought the same thing. Eating early and a hearty snack later seems like a good plan.

I love Ohana but that waiting are gets MISERABLE by about 5, so I would advocate the earlier time.

You have an ADR for 2 at 3:50pm at ‘Ohana(It is on a Wednesday that Disney labeled “value” in their park ticket pricing, so you are assuming lower crowds that day. MK has EMH from 9-11 that night, and you will be heading there afterward by Monorail). Would you rather keep the 3:50 time, or try to modify to 5:00 or 6:00? Why?
Hello, sorry to hijack.
If you have a seating that early do they still do the entertainment for the kids?
Thank you

Hello, sorry to hijack.
If you have a seating that early do they still do the entertainment for the kids?
Thank you
I don’t know. We are two adults, and we are more interested in the food. We did eat here 7 years ago at 9:30pm, and we could hear the entertainment, but were seated where we could not see it. I’m guessing that the entertainment would start as soon as the restaurant is filled. I’m hoping that we are seated in the main dining area so we can see everything this time.

My 2 cents aren't worth much because my family would never consider eating dinner that early.

Notice that doesn't stop me from chirping in. :)

Hello, sorry to hijack.
Thank you

Yes, seems about every hour around the :15 (4:15 - 5:15 - 6:15 etc...) At some point during the meal, they will have the hula and coconut races.

If you think the parks will be slow and want to take advantage of it then you could hit MK for a few hours before your meal. Then grab the monorail by 3ish to head over to Poly. Then go back after your meal, which might not be until close to 6pm. I think getting back into the park for 6pm would be more beneficial vs having dinner at 5pm and not getting into the park until 7pm or later. Ohana is notoriously late on seating so you would probably have better luck getting seated closer to your 3:50 time than if you were to get a later reservation.

We ate early last March and I was glad we did...we rolled out of there stuffed, and if I hadn't had plans to go back to the park we probably would have just laid down and gone to sleep at 7! But we soldiered on and hit MK and were able to walk some of it off. :)

I agree with your decision to stay at 3:50. Eating all you care to eat earlier in the day is better. You can digest walking around and then get one of those funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow or a dole whip pineapple upside down cake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter