‘Ohana ADR & fireworks timing

MinnieMommyof2

Mouseketeer
Hello. My family and I are dining at Ohana on our arrival night. Our dinner Adr is for 7:05 PM. If the fireworks start at 9 PM, and from what I’ve read, there is usually a wait to be seated for dinner, what are the chances that we will still be seated/eating inside the restaurant when the fireworks start? Now, this is with the understanding that we have to request a fireworks View table and it’s not guaranteed that one will be available, but I’m being optimistic. Should we plan on being done at the restaurant by the time the fireworks start and then finding another place nearby to see them from a good spot?

Our dinner Adr is for 7:05 PM. If the fireworks start at 9 PM, and from what I’ve read, there is usually a wait to be seated for dinner, what are the chances that we will still be seated/eating inside the restaurant when the fireworks start?
With a 7:05 reservation i think you will be quite tight with being able to see the fireworks. Our unfortunate experience was with a 6:50 reservation - we did check in 5 or so minutes ahead. We waited about 20-25 minutes to be seated. We were waiting to pay as the fireworks started and we had no view where we were seated. We did manage to get out by the pool, where they did have music piped in to see the rest of the fireworks.

With that reservation time I am sure there are many requests for a fireworks view table. You can hope for the best or request your check early so that you can just scoot out to at least go down to the beach to watch.

The last time we ate at O'hana (the week before Christmas 2017), we were seated and were out of there within 90 minutes. There are some great spots to see the fireworks that are not far from the restaurant. You can simply go downstairs and stand at the marina or take a quick walk to the Poly beach for a great view.

I am not sure if you will have time to eat and exit, however the best plan IMO is to plan to watch from the beach. There is a view inside ''Ohana, however not for all tables. If your plan is to see the fireworks from inside teh restaurant you may be disappointed.

Thanks to everyone for the tips!
Our ADR was for 7:05. We checked in around 6:55 I think, and we’re told they were about 15 minutes behind (perfect! I wanted to shop around anyway and I was immediately in love with the resort itself, never having been there before)
We were seated at 7:20 and walked right over to a table by the window, basically center to the castle. The view was gorgeous.
They brought out the salad, and pretty quickly, the veggies, noodles and potstickers. We were eating for maybe 15 minutes before they started offering us the different meats.
Everything we had was delicious. I told my DH I thought the welcoming bread would’ve been better had it been softer, but the flavor was good. I read multiple reports that said they rush you there or that the food wasn’t great. That wasn’t our experience at all.
Our DD celebrating her 5th b-day was able to participate in the “happy birthday song” and we really enjoyed the rest of the singing and music throughout our meal.
We were done eating by 8:40 so we went down to the beach area by Pineapple Lanai and watched HEA.
It was an awesome first night.
I would recommend this place to anyone who is on the fence. It was really enjoyable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts